Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar (48458 Views)

Flood At Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos Lobby During Rainfall / Bridge Collapses In Niger State Due To Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood (2) (3) (4)

Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Raxxye(m): 10:25am On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:

Shut up!

You must be from Abi
Why the insult on him? What has he said or done wrong? Abi you are looking for where to vent your frustration?
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by petrelli07: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2015
ogazi4u:
what has state n capital got to do with diz?!?! #scumbag
you still haven't figured it out yet? OMG!! your primary school teacher would not be a happy person if she/he saw this...
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Jose35(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2015
I no blame the government of crs for the drainage systems cos dem no get moni again afta dem don give all the moni to bakassi refugees. after dem don carry us go ICC
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 29, 2015
HungerBAD:
People say Calabar is clean, never believed it until i saw this pic.

If it were to be Lagos or Aba flood, you would have seen dirts floating or a lot on the both sides of the road.

But this road lacks any form of drainage system though.

Calabar is very clean brother. For over 20 years now, calabar has been the cleanest city in Nigeria.

If govt officials see any dirt even 1 piece of paper in front of ur shop or business, u will be arrested by the environmental officials n u will pay fine of 5k...They accept no excuses.
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Objektive: 10:55am On Jun 29, 2015
THIS RAIN WATER WILL BE DRAINED BY THE GUTTERS WITHIN 25 MINUTES AFTER THE RAIN SUBSIDES.

I HAVE BEEN LIVING IN CALABAR FOR 22YRS AND I KNOW THIS ROAD VERY WELL.

Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by doncutie(m): 10:59am On Jun 29, 2015
Four days straight and it has been raining profusely, me don tire sef... *Covers Hoodie*

Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by blessedchick(f): 11:06am On Jun 29, 2015
there is good drinage system here in calabar after the rain subside there will be no trace of water.is because of the heavy rainfall

Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Pamelayoung: 11:10am On Jun 29, 2015
Is this the much talked Calabar?
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by blessedchick(f): 11:10am On Jun 29, 2015
what is this 1 saying?? out of point
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by UnimkeAk(m): 11:12am On Jun 29, 2015
Ochiske:
The rain over here is something else
Almost all major roads have been taken over by flood.
The rain started around 5am this morning and is still coming down hard.

This is the Parliamentary road off Efio-ette roundabout

cc: lalasticlala

It has been raining heavily for over 5 hrs and u don't expect to see flood; wen the cross sections of the drainage is small.

Effio ette is always flooded bt I bet u If u go bk in 5mins tym after the rain u won't see flood water there

Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Reference(m): 11:29am On Jun 29, 2015
enigmang:

The drainages are not clogged it is just very heavy rainfall in less than 5mins after the rain the roads are usually fully cleared of the water...

The road leading off the roundabout (Parliamentry Village Road) has a slight dip which causes water to settle there. There are drains but these are not properly aligned to compensate so it takes a little while for the floods to abate. And yes, by Nigerian standards Calabar is exceptionally clean. They take pride in sanitation. No monthly environmental sanitation days there and no, they are not a recognised oil producing state anymore (though I think they still retain a seat on the NDDC board) so they essentially struggle like any other non- oil state to maintain infrastructure but they are doing well. Uyo which has more money and better infrastructure is dirtier than Calabar.
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Psalmmie001(m): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2015
Omotayor123:
Rain in Calabar... Edet lives theregrin
cheesy grin

U qot me cracking!! cheesy cheesy

Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Lildreezy(m): 11:44am On Jun 29, 2015
Busynikita:
D truth about the whole stuff is dat immediately after d rain, u won't c d water. It Wud b as if nothing Eva happened der. We hv a gud drainage system. If it's in oda states in Nigeria, we Wud hv seen dirts littered around n even poo.

true that!! hmm so u participated in the carnival last year
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Superman11(m): 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=exemen post=35274094]MAY GOD HELP US ALL IN NIGERIA...[/quote

grow up life is all responsibility and little play..

Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by IBBG(m): 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
When people are jealous of ur success and they know they can not be better than you, they resolve to tarnishing ur image. Calabar is still the cleanest and greenest city in nigeria. That's a fact.

Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Otunbatrafford: 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
Calabar in this pathetic state. We had governors in power for 8yrs. PDP is cursed.
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
Otunbatrafford:
Calabar in this pathetic state. We had governors in power for 8yrs. PDP is cursed.

Fool posting from osogbo don see Wetin him gbegiri mouth go fit yarn
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Alexander001(m): 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
Lacomus:
OP Ur street not the whole calabar.
thank you for that....satellite town still clean and free.
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by donholy28(m): 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
ideatoprince18:
. I smell illiteracy....didn't u read state n capital in pry sch
OK correct me...which state has calabar as its capital
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by donholy28(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
petrelli07:
bros.... abeg you no do states and capitals?
oya correct me
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Alexander001(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
Busynikita:
D truth about the whole stuff is dat immediately after d rain, u won't c d water. It Wud b as if nothing Eva happened der. We hv a gud drainage system. If it's in oda states in Nigeria, we Wud hv seen dirts littered around n even poo.
sure..that's how we roll...I haven't seen more than one untarred road in Calabar
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Alexander001(m): 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
enigmang:

The drainages are not clogged it is just very heavy rainfall in less than 5mins after the rain the roads are usually fully cleared of the water...
the rain that started since yesterday evening...lasgidi shouldn't pray for this cos if it should happen
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by romityl: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yea that area has bin a ting of concern and the government has to look into that area of the town ......i drove pass der diz morning and water was so much on the road ...me who use an suv felt the impact dat way how much more pple who drive low cars like the toyota camry means ur in for a mess.
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Alexander001(m): 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
olumalcolm:
If it were to b lagos,some dull heads wuld hv opened their stinking mouth to insult fashola. Isshhh e dey una body lik bread and butter.
within 10_15 minutes everywhere will dry up..How the shit happen, I don't know.
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by naturefellow(m): 1:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven...
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Alexander001(m): 1:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
Spiff20:
The rain in calabar is something else, it rains hippos and elephant. I've not be able to go for lectures today it's been raining all morning. any malabite here?
had to go with the rain, can't afford to miss prof udo thermal physics....I stay in satellite town.
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by rottenegg: 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
Reference:

The road leading off the roundabout (Parliamentry Village Road) has a slight dip which causes water to settle there. There are drains but these are not properly aligned to compensate so it takes a little while for the floods to abate. And yes, by Nigerian standards Calabar is exceptionally clean. They take pride in sanitation. No monthly environmental sanitation days there and no, they are not a recognised oil producing state anymore (though I think they still retain a seat on the NDDC board) so they essentially struggle like any other non- oil state to maintain infrastructure but they are doing well. Uyo which has more money and better infrastructure is dirtier than Calabar.
Why the hate for Uyo? Uyo is clean. Stay within the thread context.
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ushiefrank:
Mumu abuja and calabar which one you think is more cleaner
abeq try visit before u turn critic
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by jayauthentic(m): 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
That's why it's called cross river
Re: Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar by Paschalp(m): 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
calabar gutter can accommodate ya car ooo... just that it's kinda a riverine area. I stay in ikom shaa

60 Corpers Cheat Death On POP Day In Warri, Many Injured As Bus Explodes (Video) / Plane Conveying Pilgrims Crash Lands In Niger State / Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday