Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,758 members, 7,802,319 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund (1025 Views)

Fayose Wore T-shirt To Aso Villa As He Attends NEC Meeting In Buhari's Absence / Reps Besiege Tambuwal's Homes To Lobby For Committe Appointment / Senate Set To Probe NNPC And Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
The National Economic Council chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Monday set up a four-member committee to scrutinise the accounts of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and the Excess Crude Account managed by the last administration. 

The probe was meant to unravel N3.8trillion not remitted to the Federation Account by the NNPC between 2012 and May 2015 as well as $2.1bn said to have been deducted from the ECA without approval.

Zamfara State Governor, Abdulazeez Yari; Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State; Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State; and Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State briefed State House correspondents at the end of the 58th meeting of the council held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. 

Yari said through a briefing by the Director of Funds, Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation, Mr. M.K. Dikwa, council members got the report of the ECA and unremitted funds by NNPC.

He said, “On that line, a four-man committee consisting of the governors of Edo, Gombe, Kaduna and Akwa Ibom State was constituted to go through the books of ‎NNPC and Excess Crude as well as the Federation Account.

”The four-man committee will check the books of NNPC, most especially the issue of excess crude and what is not remitted into the Federation Account.

“The FG, in conjunction with the CBN, will look inwards to see how to support, how much they will give to states especially on the issue of outstanding salaries owed by the states and even the Federal Government.”

Explaining further, Oshiomhole said the meeting was the first time that the NNPC and the office of the Accountant-General of the Federation were compelled to provide information on issues concerning the total sales of Niger‎ia’s crude from 2012 to May 2015, saying that has never happened before. 

He said presentations revealed that although NNPC claimed it earned N8.1trillion between 2012 and May 2015, the corporation only paid N4.3trillion into the Federation Account.

The governor said, “We are talking about transparency; we are talking about change. And what we saw from those numbers which ‎I believe that Nigerians are entitled to know, is that whereas the NNPC claimed to have earned N8.1 trillion, what NNPC paid into the Federation Account from 2012 to May 2015 was N4.3 trillion.

“What it means is that NNPC withheld and spent N3.8 trillion.

“The major revelation here is that the entire federation, that is the Federal Government, the states and all the 774 local governments, the amount the NNPC paid into the Federation Account for distribution to these three tiers of government came to N4.3 trillion and NNPC alone took and spent N3.8 trillion. 

“This means that the cost of running NNPC is much more than the cost of running the Federal Government. That tells you how much is missing, what is mismanaged and what is stolen. There are huge figures.”

The governor said the basic law was that one does not sell and spend. 

He said there was no enterprise manager who goes to the market, sells and just begin to spend, otherwise nobody needs to budget. ‎

Oshiomhole said the only lawful way decreed by the Constitution was that if NNPC needed to spend money, it is obliged to prepare its budget like every other business enterprise, get it scrutinised by the executive and then forwarded to the National Assembly which will appropriate on it accordingly. 

He wondered that if the Federal Government could not spend without appropriation, why should any government do.
http://www.punchng.com/news/nec-sets-up-committee-to-probe-nnpc-missing-funds/

1 Like

Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by INTROVERT(f): 8:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
As Amaechi of political platform would say.. the four towers of corruption....

We await the report. grin with bated breath.
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
Jonathan Their "Hero" Smh!

1 Like

Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by ApcSucks: 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
sad introvert!

LoL, dat Guy/girl sha only God knows the one he/she is
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by Demmzy15(m): 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
Nice move!
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by temitemi1(m): 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
The probe should start from wn buhari was the chairman of that organization cool
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by ShowYourCertificate: 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ngenekwenu why do we still have fuel shortages? I thought you guys said our four refineries will commence operation by month end?

Bunch of scam artists.

If you like probe MTN, the fact remains that you guys are deceiving yourselves. We now know the truth.

2 Likes

Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Ngenekwenu why do we still have fuel shortages? I thought you guys said our four refineries will commence operation by month end?

Bunch of scam artists.

If you like probe MTN, the fact remains that you guys are deceiving yourselves. We now know the truth.

Can you provide link for the bold?
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by Islamicpope(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
Diezani

Diezani

Diezani Maduekwe,

How many times have I called u?

I know u will not listen

Kirikiri is Ur next home, I swear by Amadioha

U are big fraud, scam and a thief. Ur freedom days are numbered with did Revelations.

Tanoids, if I hear witch hunting, kperen
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by ShowYourCertificate: 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by evanscheck(m): 9:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
Nice one... transparency change is all we ask for
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
http://pulse.ng/local/nnpc-nigeria-s-4-refineries-to-resume-operations-in-july-corporation-says-id3887275.html

Check also this thread to read APC supporters comments:

https://www.nairaland.com/2390361/nigerias-four-refineries-begin-operation

Sincere9igerian, even without opening the link, I can see July clearly written on the Web link? So why the cry? I hope when it happens, you won't come and bores us with sore tales on how jonathan Completed the TAM only for Buhari to take the credit. cool
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by ShowYourCertificate: 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Sincere9igerian, even without opening the link, I can see July clearly written on the Web link? So why the cry? I hope when it happens, you won't come and bores us with sore tales on how jonathan Completed the TAM only for Buhari to take the credit. cool
July is two days away grin. Can't wait to mock you and your fellow APC scam artists when that time comes.

Meanwhile when is Buhari declaring his assets? It's 30 days already, the verification should be over. Abi?

2 Likes

Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
Jona own don finish.
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Jona own don finish.

The man is useless!
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by franchizy(m): 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
When i say that the SS and SE used GEJ to suck Nigeria dry people kept attacking ne.
I advice Buhari to withold all SS and SE states allocation for FOUR YEARS to recover all our stolen moneys.
All infrastructural projects for the SS and SE should be channeled to the SW and North.
No appointment should be accorded to the SS and SE except for the likes of Amaechi and Ngige etc.
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by Profjohnny22(m): 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
If Buhari says 2 multiplied by 2 is 4, some dudes in this forum will still find faults in that. NNPC is rotten from head to toe. Even Jonathan’s probe revealed they should refund 1.48 billion dollars immediately which has not happened. I read through the report and its was indictment through and through with several billions of dollars unaccounted for. Nigeria want a thorough check. PERIOD!
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by FreeGlobe(f): 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Jona own don finish.
Buhari should do his worst
Re: NEC Sets Up Committe To Probe NNPC Missing Fund by FreeGlobe(f): 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
franchizy:
When i say that the SS and SE used GEJ to suck Nigeria dry people kept attacking ne.
I advice Buhari to withold all SS and SE states allocation for FOUR YEARS to recover all our stolen moneys.
All infrastructural projects for the SS and SE should be channeled to the SW and North.
No appointment should be accorded to the SS and SE except for the likes of Amaechi and Ngige etc.
YOu are a bastard. Femi Otedola, Bola and Wale Tinubu and all the other subsidy crooks are from SS and SE ba? Typical of a south westerner, looking for way to covet another mans property and resources instead of looking for his own. what happened to sw cocoa. I dare Buhari to heed your advice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Saraki, Dogara, Oyegun At The APC NEC Meeting (Pictures) / See Mr President Muhammadu Buhari / Why Biafra Will Not Go Away (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.