Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (235584 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Deeamanei: 9:14pm On May 13, 2021
Good evening guys?

Can I submit my NECO certificate in place of WAEC during visa application?

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 11:09pm On May 15, 2021
Deeamanei:
Good evening guys?

Can I submit my NECO certificate in place of WAEC during visa application?

Thanks
Yes
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 11:14pm On May 15, 2021
Bablozi20:
Greetings,

Please I will like to ask if VFS global usually ask for additional supporting documents aside the ones listed on their website or the embassy during interview. Like letter of introduction from employer/academic institution(for students), hotel reservation or travel ticket reservation?

Thanks in advance.
No they wont.
But during interview, you must be very careful of the way you answer some questions, if you are working, try and with some documents, thet might ask some information about it and they may not. But for visa application, you dont need any other documents aside the one listed on their portal. The one I mentioned above is for the interview and its always a rare case
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 9:07pm On May 18, 2021
Is it possible and appropriate to ask for a change or an hour shift in appointment timing for visa interview in Belgian Embassy Abuja?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 12:00am On May 21, 2021
Premiercare:
Is it possible and appropriate to ask for a change or an hour shift in appointment timing for visa interview in Belgian Embassy Abuja?
I dont think its appropriate
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Akshow: 4:04pm On May 21, 2021
clairesavante:
Oh, I forgot to add this: even though I didn’t legalize my Police Character Report (I only certified it at a Notary Public), it didn’t impact my application and it wasn’t the nail in the coffin as I thought. I do realize I was extremely lucky and I took a big risk.

However, to future applicants, I don’t advise doing this! Ensure that you meet all the Embassy requirements before submitting your application.

Over and out,
Clairesavante

HI Clairesavante, your post here is indeed very helpful. Though I have some questions I'll like to ask you pls
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Bablozi20: 12:22am On May 23, 2021
I am trying to book an appointment on VFS global website and apparently I have to pay via card before the booking can be confirmed. However, their website also says that the service fee must be paid by POS at the visa application centre. I am pretty confused about this and also one of the requirement at the embassy is a proof of payment of the additional fee.
Please how do I go about this?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by totalxpresn: 4:02am On May 25, 2021
Get your Belgian study visa by following these simple steps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ2eCIhcaeM

Do Subscribe, like, and share to that person that comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 9:16pm On May 25, 2021
Bablozi20:
I am trying to book an appointment on VFS global website and apparently I have to pay via card before the booking can be confirmed. However, their website also says that the service fee must be paid by POS at the visa application centre. I am pretty confused about this and also one of the requirement at the embassy is a proof of payment of the additional fee.
Please how do I go about this?
Thanks in advance.
You pay vsf service fees by card as you book the appointment. You pay Belgian visa application fees (84k?) with pos inside vsf on the day of visiting vsf. You pay 207eur (govt unis- article 58) and go with evidence of payment (+2 photocopies) to vsf and submit with other document on the day of submitting your visa application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 9:19pm On May 25, 2021
Abuja embassy today- not too busy yet!
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Carav17(m): 6:02am On May 26, 2021
Premiercare:

Certainly not, I think.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 6:37am On May 26, 2021
Carav17:

Certainly not, I think.
Thanks. Done and dusted.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by biskol: 2:01pm On May 27, 2021
good day all,

I'm new here and seeking to go for masters in Brussels. I will really appreciate all the help I can get, starting from affordable universities, partial or full grants from universities etc. And also the admission process. Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 6:05pm On May 27, 2021
Beste,

Your best bet will be to start from a Google search of universities in Belgium.
Suggestions from these thread then will be
KU Leuven
UHasselt
UAntwerpen
VUB
Ghent University

These five will most likely have the course you want to study and they (supposedly) have affordable tuition.

biskol:
good day all,

I'm new here and seeking to go for masters in Brussels. I will really appreciate all the help I can get, starting from affordable universities, partial or full grants from universities etc. And also the admission process. Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by biskol: 11:16am On May 28, 2021
Dear Tomisin,

Thanks alot, i appreciate the response.

I actually sent an email to you. please can i chat you up.

thanks

oluwamitomisin:
Beste,

Your best bet will be to start from a Google search of universities in Belgium.
Suggestions from these thread then will be
KU Leuven
UHasselt
UAntwerpen
VUB
Ghent University

These five will most likely have the course you want to study and they (supposedly) have affordable tuition.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 12:49pm On May 29, 2021
biskol:
good day all,

For affordable universities, focus more on VUB, schools in Brussels and Antwerp university. But if your program is not there, you can try KU leuven (there are cheap courses here too) and Ghent university (some pre masters and advance master programs are cheap here too as low as 2500 euros)
Also try look for the locations of the program, it has connection with the fee.

For scholarship, Belgium hardly give out scholarships at bachelor and masters level. But there are some like top grant scholarship, with good cgpa, you can be nominated.
More also, VLIR-OUS scholarship which is Belgium scholarship excluded Nigerian from applying, I think sinceb2years ago.
But with thorough internet search, you can get anything.

Goodluck in your search

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by HorlarJP: 2:17pm On May 29, 2021
Hello Nairalanders!
Read the thread from the beginning to end but studying in Belgium doesn’t convince me… is there a chance to stay after studies ?? I am a resident in Dubai and I am having issues deciding my next destination to study and work of course. Canada declined me this January so looking into Europe which is more easier than USA/Canada …. Any advice will be appreciated and often a country that I can stay after studying, I can’t just go back to Nigeria after the whole hassles.

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Deeamanei: 7:23pm On May 31, 2021
Good evening everyone,

I am trying to legalise my documents at the Embassy, which I will use for the purpose of applying for student visa.

Do I need to legalise photo copies of the documents bearing in mind that the embassy demands submission of two photo copies of each document during visa application submission
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2021
Deeamanei:
Good evening everyone,

I am trying to legalise my documents at the Embassy, which I will use for the purpose of applying for student visa.

Do I need to legalise photo copies of the documents bearing in mind that the embassy demands submission of two photo copies of each document during visa application submission

You legalize only the documents needed (not their photocopies).

After the documents are legalized, you will then make photocopies for the visa application.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by famousguy01(m): 10:12am On Jun 02, 2021
Please can I still do my medicals at kamoras and can someone help me with the address and the cost. Thanks in advance
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Deeamanei: 8:11am On Jun 03, 2021
Good morning all,

Quick questions,

In filling the visa application form,

1. What should be the duration in days for a two years master's degree program? I was planning to write 730 days. That's 365 X 2

2. In filling the Funding part, I made use of BLOCKED ACCOUNT. My mother is my sponsor. Should I pick the option for personal funding or sponsored funding. Thereafter, how should I specify that means of the fund is through Blocked account. Cos there was no option for it.

3. I wanted to opt for multiple entries. But their is this caveat about having sufficient medical insurance in choosing that. Any advice on which to pick, single entry, double entries and multiple entries?

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Newest3223(f): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2021
Pls where can I do police character clearance in Abuja? How much does it cost?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by chemosupremo(f): 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
famousguy01:
Please can I still do my medicals at kamoras and can someone help me with the address and the cost. Thanks in advance

Can someone also help with the cost of legalization at ministry of education and foreign affairs.

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 3:36am On Jun 06, 2021
Deeamanei:
Good morning all,

Quick questions,

1. What should be the duration in days for a two years master's degree program? I was planning to write 730 days. That's 365 X 2

2. In filling the Funding part, I made use of BLOCKED ACCOUNT. My mother is my sponsor. Should I pick the option for personal funding or sponsored funding. Thereafter, how should I specify that means of the fund is through Blocked account. Cos there was no option for it.

3. I wanted to opt for multiple entries. But their is this caveat about having sufficient medical insurance in choosing that. Any advice on which to pick, single entry, double entries and multiple entries?

Thanks

1. 365 days. The system will not allow you write more than this.
2. Tick Sponsor, then tick others (write your mum's name), then under means of support tick others and write blocked account in front.
3. Multiple entry
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by famousguy01(m): 7:07am On Jun 08, 2021
chemosupremo:

Can someone also help with the cost of legalization at ministry of education and foreign affairs.

Thanks

Which state do you reside?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
chemosupremo:

Thanks

You dont legalise at ministry of education and foreign affairs, you only authenticate..
The price for ministry of education is 300naira per page and for foreign affairs is between 500 to 1000 per page, it depends on your negotiation power..
You should prepare like 15kmax for the two
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 6:42am On Jun 09, 2021
Deeamanei:
Good morning all,

Quick questions,

Thanks

The other questions have been answered.

For number 2 since you are using blocked account, stay is financed by VISA APPLICANT
They don't care where you got the money from, and the document you will present to the embassy for proof of blocked account has only your name on it (it doesn't mention where the money came from)
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 6:47am On Jun 09, 2021
famousguy01:

There is a document on the VFS website, I think it is called 'Approved medical practitioners' it has the address and phone numbers for the approved hospitals in Lagos and Abuja

You can call the hospital to confirm the price.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 6:49am On Jun 09, 2021
Newest3223:
Pls where can I do police character clearance in Abuja? How much does it cost?

Technically you can do the fingerprints and fill the form in any major police station.
But it rarely works that way, you'll need a contact
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by iadesipe: 1:05pm On Jun 11, 2021
victorsol:

You dont legalise at ministry of education and foreign affairs, you only authenticate..
The price for ministry of education is 300naira per page and for foreign affairs is between 500 to 1000 per page, it depends on your negotiation power..
You should prepare like 15kmax for the two

I want to ask concerning the legalization of documents: can I legalize my statement of result and student copy transcript (my school doesn't give students the official copy)?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 12:15am On Jun 12, 2021
iadesipe:

I want to ask concerning the legalization of documents: can I legalize my statement of result and student copy transcript (my school doesn't give students the official copy)?

For statement of result, I think it is allowed if your school can show a proof that they have not issued original certificate for anyone.

For student copy transcript, I am sorry, the answer is no... it is not possible.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
Please house @victorsol @DeeKeem @Tomisin I have an urgent question.

Does the Belgium embassy Currently possess student visa.

I sent a message to them and they made mention of them not currently processing student visa till further notice, I don't know if I should still book the appointment and hope that by the time the meeting comes around that student visas processions would have began

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.