Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? (22905 Views)

Russia Never Banned The Seventh -day Adventist Church / Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition / What Is Your View About The SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Anchel(m): 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
HI NL, I WANT U GUYS TO HELP ME, SHARE WHAT U KNOW ABOUT THE SEVDNTHDAY ADVENTIST CHURCH..OR U EXPERIENCE ABOUT THEM...

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Lilimax(f): 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
Anchel:
HI NL, I WANT U GUYS TO HELP ME, SHARE WHAT U KNOW ABOUT THE SEVDNTHDAY ADVENTIST CHURCH..OR U EXPERIENCE ABOUT THEM...
I know it is a Christian denomination that believes on Sabbath day. They recognize Saturday as the real Sabbath
day and not Sunday hence they do their worship on Saturdays.
I attended a wedding recently in one of the Church at Maryland Lagos and I noticed the church was dominated by Igbos embarassed

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Anchel(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
THANK U LITMAS
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Anchel(m): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
THANK U LILIMAT
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by vooks: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
They worship a female pope Ellen White who is believed to be an infallible interpreter of NT and OT.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by ritanduka(f): 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
I also noted dey don't cook with crayfish and dont eat cat fish........have a coz dat married one and when i visited no sight of crayfish in the house but her huby loves ofe akwu(banga stew). now tell me how wil i cook ofe akwu the anambra way with out crayfish and surprisely he ate and lick plate cheesy cheesy

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Rilwayne001: 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
Anchel:

I have a friend who happens to be an adventist. He claimed to be observing sabbath by going to church on saturday, instead of sunday like other christians. That's all I know.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Anchel(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
MORE COMMENTS, PLS

2 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by SAMBARRY: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2017
THEY don't wear jewellery,they don't do their weddings on Saturdays,they frown at their members getting married to non Adventist

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Reader1988: 7:42am On Dec 31, 2017
They have Hausa Radio station that I listen everyday. They have classical choir and women's fellowship like other churches. They put make up, artificial hair but no earring. They worship on Sabbath but most of their important meetings on Sundays like Women's fellowship rehearsals. I once attended the church and I like it just that their service is lengthy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by bastien: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2017
They are many Saturdays church, some are 7days Adventist, White Garment sabbath (name may differ, mostly from the eastern region of the country) and the main one house of Yahweh.

1. We don't work on sabbath, that is from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday

2. We don't cook on sabbath day, all cooking should be done on Friday before sunset (mostly we cook rice and we preserve it not to spoil and we eat it Saturday morning)

3. No buying and selling on sabbath day till Saturday sunset.

4. We don't celebrate birthdays

5. We don't celebrate Christmas and new years and Easter.

6. We celebrate feast of passover and unleavened bread, feast of trumpet, feast of Pentecost, feast of Atonement, feast of Tabernacles, etc

7. We don't eat unclean animals such as fish without scales (cat fish, Titus fish etc), snake, monitor lizard, rat or rabbit, dog, etc

8. We sing with palms mostly

9. We observe fasting

10. And we are very prayerful

You can check this site for more details https://yahweh.com/

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by kolawoleibukun: 9:18am On Dec 31, 2017
na Pentecostal church na. dem don tay for Lagos here oh.
no difference between them and other churches. I no no wetin day do many people sef. dem day feel say dem better pass some people. who make una judge abeg. dem be ordinary Christians way day find their own salvation. wetin be una own for there?

the problem for these church na the tithing. if you commot tithe and the evil extortion in the church you go see the real men of God. all these ones na criminals. they are either their for the power or the money. dem be thieves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Sage7(m): 9:18am On Dec 31, 2017
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by SirLakes: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2017

Sage7
You need to be kiafu stop booking space up-an-down

3 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by bigerboy200: 9:20am On Dec 31, 2017
na correct church naa..dem dey near my house and they don't disturb the neigbourhod like some other churches in same area...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by MrOjay1(m): 9:20am On Dec 31, 2017
shocked

The only thing i know about them is that their girls can fvck for Africa.

The way their girls scream and moan with ecstasy always make my dick rock hard.

I love fvcking adventist girls

They are so good on the bed.

17 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by deepwater(f): 9:20am On Dec 31, 2017
In 2008 or so, there was a repeat of maths in the w.a.s.s.c.e , this was scheduled for a Saturday. Everyone in that center owned by the SDA failed maths as the principal refused them to write an exam on a Saturday. However, he drove his son in his car to partake in the exam as his son was registered in another school.

They don't marry outside their circle

That's what I know

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:21am On Dec 31, 2017
The Seventh-day Adventist Church is a Protestant Christian group

They forbids food like pork, crayfish e.t.c which according to their doctrine or discipline is unclean.

They follow that rule strictly.

I have a friend like, after serving a meal, you need to see questioning shocked shocked shocked

we engaged in a bible discussion and through the power of the Holy Spirit I revealed some truth

In conclusion, The truth is that there is nothing created by God that is unclean!

To God be the glory, he eats those things now

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by millionboi2: 9:22am On Dec 31, 2017
is a Pentecostal church
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 31, 2017
They believe in old testament.
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by buffalowings: 9:23am On Dec 31, 2017
MrOjay1:
shocked

undecided
It's too early to get high on codein

46 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 31, 2017
U want people to start bashing them for no reason Abi?

Anyway, the only different thing with them is that they observe Sabbath on Saturday..and I think they are vegetarians. Nothing else seems out of place in comparison with other churches

3 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by adeblow(m): 9:24am On Dec 31, 2017
Heard they don't celebrate Christmas

2 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by DrPurple(m): 9:24am On Dec 31, 2017
All I Know Is That They Are The Owner Of "babcock University" And Davido's Dad Is A Prominent Member¿¿¿

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Paulezuzu(m): 9:26am On Dec 31, 2017
D Adventist Church believe in d biblical Sabbath, dey dont have any General Overseer, dey don't worship Ellen white, dere method of worship is solemn

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Lorechino(m): 9:28am On Dec 31, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
They are forbids some food.

I have a fri

Are you from westside ?? Ur English though

2 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Damfostopper(m): 9:30am On Dec 31, 2017
.... I can't marry nor date any person wey dey attend that church...can't eat their food either
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by seunakin231(m): 9:30am On Dec 31, 2017
kolawoleibukun:
na Pentecostal church na. dem don tay for Lagos here oh.
no difference between them and other churches. I no no wetin day do many people sef. dem day feel say dem better pass some people. who make una judge abeg. dem be ordinary Christians way day find their own salvation. wetin be una own for there?

the problem for these church na the tithing. if you commot tithe and the evil extortion in the church you go see the real men of God. all these ones na criminals. they are either their for the Power or the money. dem be thieves
No correlation with the topic na..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by JusticePlanet: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2017
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by JusticePlanet: 9:32am On Dec 31, 2017
MrOjay1:
shocked

na small pikin dey worry you

6 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by kolawoleibukun: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2017
seunakin231:

No correlation with the topic na..
day there day find co-relation when you mate day find money.
na wetin you come do for life be that?
I be your teacher?

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray / What Will Happen At RCCG Convention 2017 — Pastor Adeboye / My Experience With The God Of No Impossibities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.