Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB (34622 Views)

Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief / Buhari Asked El-Rufai To Write Leaked Memo At Daura Meeting - Omojuwa, Authority / Buhari Asked; Where Is Lai? I Am Here Sir – Mild Drama At FEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by neocortex: 7:50am On Jul 01, 2015
mistabiola:

It's already insured and secured, so it's up to you to follow suit. Have a nice day ahead. cheesy cheesy

Is that why you are hell bent on sabotaging other people's future ?
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by Emnyte(m): 7:52am On Jul 01, 2015
koboko69:

Every one knows u have a high reputation of being a serial dunce and an unrepentant troll! Do u see Tinubu in your dreams??....is it not amazing that one who has not held a political office since 2007 still call the shots more that all the politicians in your entire village? So in ur daft imagination, my comment potrays me as being Yoruba?
Be wise!
Dont mind them, everyone just has to be yoruba.
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by mistabiola: 7:54am On Jul 01, 2015
neocortex:

Is that why you are hell bent on sabotaging other people's future ?

I'm not, I'm just trying to help out. My regards to your family. smiley smiley
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by Princewell2012(m): 7:56am On Jul 01, 2015
neocortex:

You never see anything good in people you perceived as enemies.
Please tell me what is wrong in diezani putting Nigeria first in that bill.
If she had doubled the equity you will be the one to cry foul and call her a tribalist. SMH at your reasoning capacity.
And the best way to go about it is to sell her people? can an hausa man do such a thing? think again.
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 01, 2015
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by anonimi: 8:47am On Jul 01, 2015
Some people are so DUMB.

Is it Jonathan's PIB or was it not initiated during Obasanjo's time and actually presented as a Bill to the NASS in 2008 by Dr. Rilwan Lukman under Yar'Adua's presidency

Overview of the Nigerian Petroleum Industry Bill

The Petroleum Industry Bill (the “PIB” or the “Bill”) is perhaps the most talked about
piece of legislation in Nigeria given the far reaching reforms which it proposes to an
industry which is the single most significant contributor to the national economy.
Originally introduced in December 2008, the bill has undergone numerous revisions
and has been the subject of intense debate.
On 18 July 2012 President Goodluck Jonathan presented a new version of the PIB to
the seventh session of the National Assembly for consideration and enactment.
This article considers the history of the Bill and provides an overview of its salient
provisions.
THE EVOLUTION OF THE CURRENT VERSION OF THE BILL

In an attempt to restructure the oil and gas industry, the Oil and Gas Sector Reform
Implementation Committee (OGIC) was inaugurated on 24 April 2000 under the
chairmanship of Dr. Rilwanu Lukman (then serving as the Presidential Adviser on
Petroleum and Energy).
The OGIC was charged with the task of making
recommendations for a far reaching restructuring of Nigeria’s oil and gas industry. The
recommendations of OGIC included a proposal to separate the commercial institutions
within the industry from the regulatory institutions.
In 2007, the Federal Government of Nigeria introduced the National Oil and Gas Policy
and re-constituted OGIC to make recommendations towards the emergence of a new
institutional framework to govern the operations of the oil and gas industry, including
the emergence of a new National Oil Company, new regulatory bodies and a new
national directorate, for a more effective policy formulation for the industry.
Further deliberations of OGIC produced the Lukman Report of 2008 which
recommended a new regulatory and institutional framework that, when implemented,
would guarantee greater transparency and accountability. This report formed the basis
for the first PIB that was submitted in 2008 as an Executive Bill.
Among the salient features of the original version of the PIB were the:

 unbundling and commercialization of the Nigerian National Petroleum
Corporation (NNPC);
 transformation of the existing joint ventures between multinational oil
companies and the NNPC;
 deregulation of the downstream sector;
 creation of new regulatory bodies; and
 introduction of a new fiscal regime that sought to increase overall government
take.

From: http://www.hoganlovellsafrica.com/_uploads/Publications/Africa_September_2012_newsletter_-_Nigerian_Petroleum_Industry_Bill.pdf

[img]http://4.bp..com/_BaabZGe_Uf8/SVNcs1JvInI/AAAAAAAAF2A/rwsgBZJRS2k/s400/yaraduaUM.jpg[/img]

Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by comos: 9:00am On Jul 01, 2015
koboko69:
So the oyel Goddess reduced equity from 10% to 7.5% in host communities yet my brothers will not see this, the same way they have been blind to see that the likes of Asari,Tompolo and other militants are actually fighting for their pockets and not for the ND.

Indeed tribal and religious sentiments can make people very foolish and insensible.

Whereas the “Lukman’s version” provided 10% equity to oil “host communities”, this was reduced to 7.5% in “Diezani’s version” passed by the house of representatives. The definition of “host” was also expanded to cover all communities that pipelines pass through, not just where exploration is being made.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by winodey(m): 9:15am On Jul 01, 2015
Breaking News:- CBN Extends BVN Registration To
October 31st
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by koboko69: 9:59am On Jul 01, 2015
Damager:

D ten percent Iz part of d rzn y d bill is having issues so u can blame d legislators for d reduction.. tnx

Deziani proposed the reductions. Thanks!
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by koboko69: 10:02am On Jul 01, 2015
2sex:
fought indeed... how has the common man from that region benefited despite the FIGHT! I ought to see a Niger Delta looking like Dubai... but no. lots of poor and hungry people, lots of oil spill and gas flaring still going on... waters destroyed... farm lands killed.

Mogidi is a big fool. Are u just knowing that....

Thet are the real enemies of Nigeria.....once its someone from their tribe...anything the person does in good. Imagine if it was Lukman that made the reduction. ...u can imagine the cries all over the place.
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by winodey(m): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2015
Have you heard about the contest going on? If No, let me bring to your notice that is giving out power banks to first 100 individual who like its official facebook fan page

THE RULE TO WIN;
1. Like the facebook page and comment "I just Liked it"
2. Share the facebook fan page with your FB friends.

Goto www.facebook.com/SteadyGist to like and share

Note: Contest ends on Friday 12 noon and winners announce and contacted afterwards for their rewards.

Good Luck.
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by amazingspiderma: 10:45am On Jul 01, 2015
I thought my eyes were decieving me untill you confirmed it.
Nctrice:
it really Annoy me when I see things like this

Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 01, 2015
... provided d people comes first...

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by Superman11(m): 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
This is Bad riddance to Bad Rubbish How can the definition of HOST community be any where the pipeline runs. so this how they want to divide the money to all those Malam and aboki people .. One day we will disconnect the pipe and put it into our refineries here in the south..
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by amadice(m): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
koboko69:

Shut up dunce. The house deliberated on her version which was reduced already. If kit was an hausa man or yoruba man that did the reduction you foolish lots eill be crying foul. Its like u smoked some dry cow dung before reading and commenting
...lies from the pit of hell...

Ur really exhibiting Ur trait as a South West and APC morön (lies)...no need wasting my precious time arguing with a low lifer...

get a life àsshole...

spits on him

disgusting pïg
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by DerMeister: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
Biggest load of bull crap I've seen today!

Mogidi:
[s][/s]

And Tinubu is fighting for the Yorubas not his pocket, you my friend is a compound fool.
If not for the likes of Asari, Tompolo etc the death of Saro Wiwa would have been in vain. These people fought for the 13% derivation we currently enjoy as oil producing states.
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by ModiKen(m): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
koboko69:
So the oyel Goddess reduced equity from 10% to 7.5% in host communities yet my brothers will not see this, the same way they have been blind to see that the likes of Asari,Tompolo and other militants are actually fighting for their pockets and not for the ND.

Indeed tribal and religious sentiments can make people very foolish and insenible.

On point my man.
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by ModiKen(m): 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
I am shocked that a woman from the Niger Delta would reduce host community equity from 10% to 7.5%.

The initial 10% was initiated by a Northerner. The same people the Easterners (who also have a few oil wells) and some Niger Deltans reject with the claim that they are the problem of the country.

A woman from Port Harcourt deep in the heart of the s/s, who has seem first hand the sufferings of communities that experience oil spillage and other harzards from the driiling and exploration of oil.

This goes to show that the ex-militants and those in power from the Niger Delta are just making noise for their own benefit not for the farmer or the fisher man suffering as a result of oil spillage in his community.

Although the money would end up in the pockets of the community rulers who wouldnt do anything for their people with it, they deserve more, better, much more than 10% in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by ModiKen(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
donholy28:
That's the bad thing about new leaders...they dump the previous leaders works...both good and bad...just as Rochas dumped ohakims clean and green

Hw did Ohakim's clean and green help Imo state? Pls tell me.

You should be praying EFCC does a thorough job in investigating and prosecuting that man. He stole Imo state's money without holding back.

Thats what he used in financing his daughter's school in Ireland. Today she is in medical school (don't knw where exactly cos she didn't mention it in any of her videos on Youtube) and she is also married to an Irish guy.

All these courtesy - Imo state public funds.

Thats the koko u shld be talking abt here not continuation of clean and green that didnt do anytin for the average Imolite.

*I'm not saying Okorocha is a saint. He is very far from it.
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by donholy28(m): 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
ModiKen:

Hw did Ohakim's clean and green help Imo state? Pls tell me.

You should be praying EFCC does a thorough job in investigating and prosecuting that man. He stole Imo state's money without holding back.

Thats what he used in financing his daughter's school in Ireland. Today she is in medical school (don't knw where exactly cos she didn't mention it in any of her videos on Youtube) and she is also married to an Irish guy.

All these courtesy - Imo state public funds.

Thats the koko u shld be talking abt here not continuation of clean and green that didnt do anytin for the average Imolite.

*I'm not saying Okorocha is a saint. He is very far from it.
Ohakim clean and green made IMO the cleanest state...but now Douglas dirty well well.
Re: Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB by frankson1(m): 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mogidi:

So you think without militancy the fed govt was prepared to give the Niger Delta 13% derivation? No offence intended but your level of awareness is so poor there's no need debating with you.
End militancy then approach the fed govt for a rise in derivation, see where it leads you. Adios!!

At the time when it was approved militancy was nt pronounced.

You can't offend me if I choose nt to be offended.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Comparing Tinubu's First 21 Days To That Of Buhari In 2015 / Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 / We Won’t Let Dad Down - Ocholi’s Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.