Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers (571 Views)

Emir Sanusi With Sheikh Zakzaky In Sudan In 1990 (Throwback Photo) / Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video / List Of 84 Senators That Passed Vote Of Confidence On Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers by bilms(m): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
ON SARAKI’S STEALING IN 1990, QUESTIONS NEEDING ANSWERS.
Few days ago, a document containing charges of criminal investigation against Senator Bukola Saraki by the Nigerian police as far back as 1990 was released to the public.
According to the document, the the Inspector general of Police specifically asked for a thorough investigation into the matter as a similar complain had earlier been made against Saraki’s father, Olusola saraki.
The police document which indicate that, Saraki, who is now the senate president was accused of stealing about N510,000 from society general bank, a bank co-owned by his father.
After the investigation, Saraki was charged along with 4 others including his sister, Gbemi Saraki for fraud, fogery, stealing and conspiracy and were charged and to appear in court on 10/12/1990.
The document noted that, Saraki’s father, Olusola Saraki had earlier unlawfully withdraw N10million from the bank, and with the new N510,000 theft by his son, Olubukola Saraki, the bank is heading for untold liquidation.
As noted in the investigation, Society general bank eventually liquidated with thousand of customers losing their money, while Saraki and others charged for stealing the funds were set free.
As much as I would love to comment on this issue, I think we would be unfair to Saraki if we jump at the issue without asking relevant questions.
While I may agree that, a suspect shouldn’t be trusted yet until proven innocent, he still remain innocent until proven guilty.
In view of this, I would like to ask the following question from the police or others who may be involved in the saga.
1. After Saraki was charged to court on 10/12/1990 as stated by the document, was he declared innocent or guilty by the court?
2. If he was declared guilty, what punishment was given to him and did he served the term?
3. If he was declared innocent, where is the court judgement?
4. If none of the above two happened, we need to know, was the case not completed, if yes, why?
5. If it was not completed, why did the police not bring out this document all this years while Saraki, a criminal suspect continue to engage in public service till this moment when he had several other charges against him with EFCC?

Before I comment further on this issue, I need to ascertain some of these facts to ensure we are doing justice to Saraki.

As much as I am against the emergence of Saraki as the senate president, we must not be blinded by hate, we must be fair and justice.

Although, I am aware that with money, all things are possible in Nigeria. I am also aware that Saraki may have bribed his way out of the case, but no matter what happened, we need to know the status of the case in that law court since it was clearly charged to court.

The status of the case in the court that tried them back then would help us a lot. We must do justice, even to our enemy.
Re: On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers by dunsman(f): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin
Re: On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers by bilms(m): 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
embarassed
Re: On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers by Toktee(m): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
saraki if a thief,no he is a fraudster,and it run in their family,@op,the question you should be asking is,wether the said indictment is true or false?
Re: On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
I thought election is over
Re: On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers by ice25(f): 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
Don't mind Naijas politics, once you are not dancing to the tone of the God father's, they would Start digging up dirts against you just to damage your image as if they themselves are clean.
Re: On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers by hamilton62(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
@ OP, I love the perspective of your words... Alit are still to be unmask concerning all our politician even PMB for the 2.1Billion traced in his personal account abroad when he was PTF chairman...
But the problem i have is that things about others who are not lubricants of the APC are always unearthed why cant the other parties hit back because u know that they are all rogues in one way or the other even Mr President
http://www.saharareporters.com/article/all-nigerian-
coup-generals-were-rogues%E2%80%A6and-
general-muhammadu-buhari-was-no-exception?
page=2
Re: On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers by ellabooz(f): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
Leave that Saraki alone. This quality time you wasted on witch hunting could have been invested in something meaningful.
Re: On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers by bilms(m): 11:06am On Jul 01, 2015
hum
Re: On Saraki’s Stealing In 1990, Questions Needing Answers by bilms(m): 11:39am On Aug 01, 2017
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Six School Children Drown, As Boat Capsize In Lagos / Buhari Has Stripped INEC Of Its Independence - PDP / Breaking News: Army Frees 182 Boko Haram Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.