Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers (4417 Views)

Chadic Family Language Speakers Partially Descended From The Horn Of Africa / Nigerian Under The Slavery Of A Foreign Language / Any Information On Baruba Language/Speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by engrshakespeare: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
tdayof:
alright thanks... Where did you learn Chinese?
Started at Oko poly in 2012, got a scolarship last year. Now in China.
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by engrshakespeare: 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
aminho:
我在广东省茂名
那好,如果想见面,回国能。
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by aminho(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
engrshakespeare:

那好,如果想见面,回国能。
我的考试结束后没问题,我会在广州
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by tdayof(m): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
engrshakespeare:

Started at Oko poly in 2012, got a scolarship last year. Now in China.
cool where in China? I stay at Shenyang.
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by tdayof(m): 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
engrshakespeare:

那好,如果想见面,回国能。
guangdong province?
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by TLOTRS: 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Rennee:
I speak Korean. It started when I met some girls in Lagos. 안녕하세요. 한국말눈 아름다워요.

wow! Did you learn this while in Nigeria or during your travels to Kimchiland?

The romanization of what you wrote is:

"Annyeongseyo hankukmasnun aseumdawoyo"

Did I get it?
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by engrshakespeare: 2:40am On Jul 02, 2015
tdayof:
cool where in China? I stay at Shenyang.

I stay at Shijiazhuang. Hebei province
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by engrshakespeare: 2:41am On Jul 02, 2015
aminho:
我的考试结束后没问题,我会在广州

我快回尼日利亚了
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
TLOTRS:

wow! Did you learn this while in Nigeria or during your travels to Kimchiland?

The romanization of what you wrote is:

"Annyeongseyo hankukmasnun aseumdawoyo"

Did I get it?
I was definitely in Nigeria when I started learning.
Your romanization isn't correct. It should be "Annyeonghaseyo. Hangukmaleun areumdaweoyo" Meaning "Hello. Korean/Hangul is a beautiful language" Still learning though..

BTW do you speak??
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by victorking: 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ca ces't bien. Je l'aime
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by TLOTRS: 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rennee:

Your romanization isn't correct. It should be "Annyeonghaseyo. Hangukmaleun areumdaweoyo" Meaning "Hello. Korean/Hangul is a beautiful language" Still learning though..

BTW do you speak??

wow! You're trying to tell me you learnt Korean on your own
BTW have you been to Korea?
No I don't speak, I can only read and write for now, listening and speaking will come later on.
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
TLOTRS:

wow! You're trying to tell me you learnt Korean on your own
BTW have you been to Korea?
No I don't speak, I can only read and write for now, listening and speaking will come later on.

I started learning on my own but I have a tutor now. She's an 언니. Yes, I travelled to Korea for 3 months. Why can't you speak when you can read and write? Can you translate this to English..
저는 나이지리아에 있어요.
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by TLOTRS: 4:51am On Jul 05, 2015
Rennee:

I started learning on my own but I have a tutor now. She's an 언니. Yes, I travelled to Korea for 3 months. Why can't you speak when you can read and write? Can you translate this to English..
저는 나이지리아 있어요.

I wouldn't have a teacher until next month, so I'm learning on my own for now.

Reading and writing is way easier than listening and speaking, I'll graduate to that level some day.

Ok! I guess you wrote " Jeoneun Nigeria Issoyo"

That should mean "are you from Nigeria?" tongue
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 05, 2015
TLOTRS:

I wouldn't have a teacher until next month, so I'm learning on my own for now.

Reading and writing is way easier than listening and speaking, I'll graduate to that level some day.

Ok! I guess you wrote " Jeoneun Nigeria Issoyo"

That should mean "are you from Nigeria?" tongue
A teacher wouldn't do much for you since you know how to read hangul. 저는 나이지리아에 있어요 means "I'm in Nigeria". 저(Jeo) means I, 는(neun) was added because "I" is the subject of the sentence while 있어요(isseoyo) means "to be" or "to exist". You read fine, all you need is to improve your vocabulary. Anyway 행운을 빌어요 (Good luck).
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by AhmedMustapha(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
infokingboss:
Guten Nacht heirs et fraus et les tous. Ni hao ma

La Thread c'est tres interesse
You are garnishing French with Chinese topped with a little German
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by TLOTRS: 11:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
Rennee:

A teacher wouldn't do much for you since you know how to read hangul. 저는 나이지리아에 있어요 means "I'm in Nigeria". 저(Jeo) means I, 는(neun) was added because "I" is the subject of the sentence while 있어요(isseoyo) means "to be" or "to exist". You read fine, all you need is to improve your vocabulary. Anyway 행운을 빌어요 (Good luck).

Just give me till October and I'll come back to converse with you in pure Korean, I'm putting efforts into this.

Thanks.
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by SIRANDREWS: 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
fortresssymbols:
Are you a foreign language speaker? Do you speak more than one foreign language excluding English Language? Do you speak French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Chinese or any other foreign language?

This thread is for you. Let's meet here to share experiences in learning a foreign language.

Meanwhile, join the "1000 Man Must Speak French" Campaign. To join drop your email address here and also get a free complimentary "interactive audio french self tutor".

Cheers.
my email - sirandrews12345 at gmail dot com
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Cvlilly: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
I speak Portuguese and Spanish.
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
Rennee:

BTW do you speak??

Abeggi teach me Korean

Where can I get a tutor?
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
Optimall:

Abeggi teach me Korean

Where can I get a tutor?
What would you like to know? I'm practising myself but I'd try my best. I don't know where you can get a tutor in Nigeria. You should check the internet.
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
Rennee:

What would you like to know? I'm practising myself but I'd try my best. I don't know where you can get a tutor in Nigeria. You should check the internet.
You on Skype,fb messenger? Any.. I'll pm you
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by StarFlux: 12:20am On Aug 27, 2015
Salut à tous!

Yes oo. I speak Norwegian and atm I'm learning French. It's a lot of fun and such a fascinating language. Both English and Norwegian have features that aid me in learning French, which I must say is my favorite of all.

Interesting to see people learning Asian languages, not bad!
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by kolomax(m): 3:00am On Aug 27, 2015
Salut les amis j'espere tous va bien ici?
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Ugosample(m): 12:23am On Sep 03, 2015
fortresssymbols:
Are you a foreign language speaker? Do you speak more than one foreign language excluding English Language? Do you speak French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Chinese or any other foreign language?

This thread is for you. Let's meet here to share experiences in learning a foreign language.

Meanwhile, join the "1000 Man Must Speak French" Campaign. To join drop your email address here and also get a free complimentary "interactive audio french self tutor".

Cheers.
uekwegh@gmail.com
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Optimall:
You on Skype,fb messenger? Any.. I'll pm you
I've been trying to mail you but it won't deliver.
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
Rennee:

I've been trying to mail you but it won't deliver.

you Skype?
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
Optimall:

you Skype?
I don't
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
Rennee:

I don't

Then what do you do?
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Alicece: 4:01am On Oct 01, 2015
I'm native Chinese from Shenzhen, Guangdong, find me here http://www.hanbridgemandarin.com if you want to learn Mandarin. And i want to learn Arabic
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 19, 2015
Is this thread still alive.

Language Spanish.
I'm better at writing and reading than speaking, its fluency in speech I need help with.

I really want to overcome this so I can move on to another language. Next on my list for foreign languages is Mandarin and Local languages is Hausa.

Any Spanish speakers in the house.
Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by seunny4lif(m): 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
I speak Yoruba , Arabic , Deutsch and English grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
seunny4lif:
I speak Yoruba , Arabic , Deutsch and English grin grin
My Bros, is the Email address on your profile still functional ? There is something i want to inquire from you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of The Youngest King In Delta Coronation / ARTWORK by Artist YINKA SHONIBARE MBE on display in TRAFALGAR SQUARE / Nigeria’s Cultural Traditions Preserved By Survivors Of Slavery -chief Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.