Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

One Day To POP, I Have To Go Spend The Night In Camp. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / One Day To POP, I Have To Go Spend The Night In Camp. (1999 Views)

When Is 2016 Batch B Going To Pop? / The Letter A Herbalist Wrote To NYSC To Redeploy A Corper In Camp (Photo) / Slaying In Camp – This Female Corper’s Outfit Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Day To POP, I Have To Go Spend The Night In Camp. by Lyzbet: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
At around 2:30pm today, I recieved this message from the C.L.O.
"All batch B 2014 corps members have been directed by the State cordinator to proceed to the NYSC orientation camp in Nonwa on Wednesday 1/7/15 regards the Passing Out on thursday. Corps member are supposed to be fully kitted and would be addressed by 3pm by State cordinator NYSC. Collection of final Clearances by 10 am in the morning tomorrow at the camp.Failure to do so will lead to sanctions for the defaulters. Treat this message with utmost dispatch."

From what we have had, we are going to spend the night(wednesday/thursday) in the camp premises(i.e. in Nonwa-gbam).

Now, I have a lot of questions.
1. Are corp members who are about passing out supposed to spend a night again at the camp?

2. What information does the state coordinator intend to pass across that is so important as to risk the lives of corp members(people coming from different parts of the state), not mindin the logistics and planning that would go into camping over two thousand people overnight(food, electricity, security e.t.c).

3. Does it have to be compulsory for everybody? What about nursing mothers and women with children? Or people who are sick presently?

4. Cant we demand an explanation, as to why an impromptu gathering in camp will be requested of us with no cogent reason why we should be there or why we have to spend the night there.

5. This is the last day of june and it is a known fact that salary or 'allawee' earners are usually cash-strapped(broke)at this period. Why would they demand something that would require people to need money without making sure that we receive alert first.

6. Why is it only in Rivers state? Why are other states not involved in goin back to camp?

Please, I need an explanation because I am overwhemled with emotions of ........ I dont know what word to describe it. Thank you.
Re: One Day To POP, I Have To Go Spend The Night In Camp. by Masterbiodun: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2015
Honestly...I'm not happy wit the news too...even as I'm close Nonwa(serving in Gokana) I'm not going there until Thursday morning
Re: One Day To POP, I Have To Go Spend The Night In Camp. by Lyzbet: 10:39am On Jul 01, 2015
I am contemplating that too, but i dont want to give them any reason for not giving me my certificate.
Re: One Day To POP, I Have To Go Spend The Night In Camp. by Masterbiodun: 10:44am On Jul 01, 2015
Lyzbet:
I am contemplating that too, but i dont want to give them any reason for not giving me my certificate.
That's tru tho..which local govt r u coming from?
Re: One Day To POP, I Have To Go Spend The Night In Camp. by Lyzbet: 11:38am On Jul 01, 2015
Etche
Re: One Day To POP, I Have To Go Spend The Night In Camp. by missKiffy(f): 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
Lyzbet:
At around 2:30pm today, I recieved this message from the C.L.O.
"All batch B 2014 corps members have been directed by the State cordinator to proceed to the NYSC orientation camp in Nonwa on Wednesday 1/7/15 regards the Passing Out on thursday. Corps member are supposed to be fully kitted and would be addressed by 3pm by State cordinator NYSC. Collection of final Clearances by 10 am in the morning tomorrow at the camp.Failure to do so will lead to sanctions for the defaulters. Treat this message with utmost dispatch."

From what we have had, we are going to spend the night(wednesday/thursday) in the camp premises(i.e. in Nonwa-gbam).

Now, I have a lot of questions.
1. Are corp members who are about passing out supposed to spend a night again at the camp?

2. What information does the state coordinator intend to pass across that is so important as to risk the lives of corp members(people coming from different parts of the state), not mindin the logistics and planning that would go into camping over two thousand people overnight(food, electricity, security e.t.c).

3. Does it have to be compulsory for everybody? What about nursing mothers and women with children? Or people who are sick presently?

4. Cant we demand an explanation, as to why an impromptu gathering in camp will be requested of us with no cogent reason why we should be there or why we have to spend the night there.

5. This is the last day of june and it is a known fact that salary or 'allawee' earners are usually cash-strapped(broke)at this period. Why would they demand something that would require people to need money without making sure that we receive alert first.

6. Why is it only in Rivers state? Why are other states not involved in goin back to camp?

Please, I need an explanation because I am overwhemled with emotions of ........ I dont know what word to describe it. Thank you.
Which state and are you guys still doing parade
Re: One Day To POP, I Have To Go Spend The Night In Camp. by gidjah(m): 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
HBD dear fmr coper
Lyzbet:
Etche
Re: One Day To POP, I Have To Go Spend The Night In Camp. by Lyzbet: 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
thank you. ↑↑

(1) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without / NYSC: Top 15 Best And Highest Paying States For Service! / Exclusion Letter Or Exemption Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.