Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:28 AM

How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) (74643 Views)

Newly Built Bungalow, 3 Bedroom And A Room And Parlour / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / 5 Bedroom Bungalow​ & 3 Bedroom Bungalow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by snakebeat: 6:02am On Jul 10, 2015
abdulwastecx:

head beam is necessary but not a a must have...if you can afford it its better to have head beam atleast on the exterior wall.
these are the functions of head beam
1. it help to receive the roof truss, especially in winding area
2. it serve as ring beam to tie the building at the roof level, this helo to avoid cracking due to excessive loading on the walls.
Thanks & God bless for the response sir. But can one also use headbeam for steel roofing?(Lattice) Or it's both combination of headbeam & columns? Pls what is the difference btw sancrete & vibrated blocks? Thanks.
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by laplace19(m): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2015
abdulwastecx:

please can i have a copy of your thesis ?

Ok sir, but that will be after my project defence...
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by back2sender: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2015
abdulwastecx:

please can i have a copy of your thesis ?
well done Abdul, this is humility. keep it up

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by snakebeat: 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
back2sender:

well done Abdul, this is humility. keep it up
I tell u, only a kind hearted person can divulge such revealing info.
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by abdulwastecx(m): 5:57am On Jul 11, 2015
snakebeat:

Thanks & God bless for the response sir. But can one also use headbeam for steel roofing?(Lattice) Or it's both combination of headbeam & columns? Pls what is the difference btw sancrete & vibrated blocks? Thanks.

You can use head beam for steel roof. Its always better for the steel truss to be placed ontop of the columns direct because if place out of column position it will create or constitutes point load which will increase the bending and shear on the head beam.

The arrangement should be done by the structural engineers at the designing stage....It is better to project reinforcement from the column out of the head beam to serve as the connector (connect roof truss to the building), when the roof truss fall on the beam directly a shear connector is placed on the roof beam before casting.

sancrete block is a vibrated block (mainly hollow) produced from the combination of cement and fine aggregates (sand). it is sancrete because of the absence of coarse aggregates (gravel, granite etc). sancrete is produced with a mix ratio of 1:8 and with a compressive strength of between 0.5-4N/mm2.

3 Likes

Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by snakebeat: 7:04am On Jul 11, 2015
abdulwastecx:

You can use head beam for steel roof. Its always better for the steel truss to be placed ontop of the columns direct because if place out of column position it will create or constitutes point load which will increase the bending and shear on the head beam.

The arrangement should be done by the structural engineers at the designing stage....It is better to project reinforcement from the column out of the head beam to serve as the connector (connect roof truss to the building), when the roof truss fall on the beam directly a shear connector is placed on the roof beam before casting.

sancrete block is a vibrated block (mainly hollow) produced from the combination of cement and fine aggregates (sand). it is sancrete because of the absence of coarse aggregates (gravel, granite etc). sancrete is produced with a mix ratio of 1:8 and with a compressive strength of between 0.5-4N/mm2.
Thanks a lot sir.
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by snakebeat: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
abdulwastecx:

head beam is necessary but not a a must have...if you can afford it its better to have head beam atleast on the exterior wall.
these are the functions of head beam
1. it help to receive the roof truss, especially in winding area
2. it serve as ring beam to tie the building at the roof level, this helo to avoid cracking due to excessive loading on the walls.
Sir will reinforced concrete of 12mm rod placed on the four corners of a four bedroom bungalow without placing it on all the exterior wall joint be able to carry concrete fascia? Using a mix ratio of 1:2:4. Thanks.
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by murmee: 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mgbadike80:
that is the best three bedroom floor plan i have ever seen, excellent use of space. ur truely gifted and skilled. let's continue with the analysis but please use more of layman's language,
But ventilation is seriously compromised. Check the living room and the rooms. No cross ventilation. Remember this is Nigeria where constant electricity is a challenge.
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by tollyson: 7:10am On Jul 14, 2015
Well done Abdul, please how much will it cost me to build a 3 bedroom flat?
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by abdulwastecx(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2015
tollyson:
Well done Abdul, please how much will it cost me to build a 3 bedroom flat?

5 -7million

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by strongwilllead: 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
I need a quote for my propose roofing project in ikorodu.

4 bedroom flat . The building occupy almost half of the 120ft by 60 ft of land .

Want to use hard wood .
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by abdulwastecx(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
skyps:
Nice one bro. I am so much intersted to know more about building cost because I am planning to start mine soon

You can as well contact me for any assistance sir..... thanks
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by abdulwastecx(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
strongwilllead:
I need a quote for my propose roofing project in ikorodu.

4 bedroom flat . The building occupy almost half of the 120ft by 60 ft of land .

Want to use hard wood .

Please send the roof plan to my mail jwastecx@gmail.com
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by peaceland(m): 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Please send the roof plan to my mail jwastecx@gmail.com
seems you stopped the phase by phase analysis of cost sir
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by strongwilllead: 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
Please i need roofing quotation for building of size 47 ft by 42 ft .

Long span Aluminum roofing sheet proposed with 10 ft k post.

Send details to my email . strongwilllead@gmail.com
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by abdulwastecx(m): 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
strongwilllead:

Please i need roofing quotation for building of size 47 ft by 42 ft .

Long span Aluminum roofing sheet proposed with 10 ft k post.

Send details to my email . strongwilllead@gmail.com

can you send the roof plan here
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by backspace07: 10:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
Nice write up.Keep it up
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by abdulwastecx(m): 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
peaceland:

seems you stopped the phase by phase analysis of cost sir

I'm currently away in Suleja (Niger state ) for the sallah break.... i will soon be back
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by MANGAM(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
Excellent cost analysis Abdulwastecx
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by peaceland(m): 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
@ abdulwastecx,
I hope you are doing fine and well sir.
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by abdulwastecx(m): 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
peaceland:
@ abdulwastecx,
I hope you are doing fine and well sir.
Thank you

yes sir, I'm doing ok just that i have been alitle busy
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by snakebeat: 9:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
abdulwastecx:

yes sir, I'm doing ok just that i have been alitle busy
Thought as much. Is been a while...
Hope all is good? smiley
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by Nobody: 3:56am On Aug 15, 2015
sule4:

Everyone needs to slow down on the criticisms. In the U.S! Seriously! My laundry is right after my kitchen. I'll show you many 6 and 7 bedroom homes, with two living rooms with that same pattern. The Plan in my opinion, needs the living room closer to the kitchen and ventilation system in the masters bathroom. Since there's no steady electricity supply in Nigeria, that might mean a window.
This young man is open hearted; let's not try only see flaws in his work without appreciating his creativity. There's no such thing as impeccable/ perfect, except for fissions.

The house that I had built for me by one of the top custom home builders in Texas in 2000 had the laundry room off of the kitchen.
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 15, 2015
Oga, I sent you an email back on the 11th, please respond when you get above water grin
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by X2X(m): 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
abdulwastecx:

1. 1 wheel barrow @ N1500/nr = N15,000
2. 5 head pan and shovel @ N800/nr = N10,000
3. Builders square, lines, bucket etc = N6,000
Total = N31,000

sinking of bore hole may be capital intensive depending on the location of the building. Here in south south ( Rivers), the water table in shallow nd hand drilling can be employed. A depth of about 10m will guarantee adequate supply of water for the project.
Note that the bore hole will be useful after the completion of the house since only an overhead tank will be required

10m depth is about 33feet. Considering there will be soakaway as deep as about 10 to 15 feet shouldn't the bore hole depth be more?

Also does one wheel barrow cost N1500? I thought it is more than that?
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by abdulwastecx(m): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
X2X:

10m depth is about 33feet. Considering there will be soakaway as deep as about 10 to 15 feet shouldn't the bore hole depth be more?

Also does one wheel barrow cost N15000? I thought it is more than that?
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by smlafolabi(m): 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
I want to start something like this
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by abdulwastecx(m): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
smlafolabi:
I want to start something like this

Then we can be of help sir
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by kehindesis(m): 5:23am On Aug 16, 2015
Hello this is a good work keep it up
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by X2X(m): 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
You didnt answer my question. Why na?
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by abdulwastecx(m): 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
X2X:

Also does one wheel barrow cost N1500? I thought it is more than that?

I haven't come across a soak away with such dept....
The recommendation is based on rivers state relative high water content, where the water level is relatively closer to the ground.

wheel barrow cost between N7,000 - N12,000
Re: How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) by jayjay2013: 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
nice job, bro ...............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / Can You Swim In These Swimming Pools!? -(pics Attached) / Banana Island In Lagos Is A Billionaire’s Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.