Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) (86386 Views)

Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) / This Couple Graduated From High School In 2015, Got Married And Bought A House / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by tsdarkside(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
gmyguy:

Racist pieceoffuckingnobrainerasswipe

are you white??...i find it funny that white-people have the nerve to call black-people racist..its very funny indeed...hehehe.. angry angry

you sons and daughters of murderers!!!!.... go kill yourselves.....!!!

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by oyegbemile(m): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
am very impressed
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by Beennkumar(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
dechandel:
Beennkumar?? Is this your sister?? tongue
Uh uh. My sister would definitely be smiling on her wedding day. tongue
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by tpiander: 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
in other words. . . . . . . . .. .
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by SemuhleB(f): 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
gmacnoms:
what's rung with d lady's hand.... it seems she has infections

Smdh to you and all the people who think there is something wrong with her hand. It's called henna. Indians and muslims put it on their hands and feet when they get married. It's like a tattoo of sorts and the use dye from a plant to draw it on the brides

Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by GodMode: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
SemuhleB:

Smdh to you and all the people who think there is something wrong with her hand. It's called henna. Indians and muslims put it on their hands and feet when they get married. It's like a tattoo of sorts and the use dye from a plant to draw it on the brides

Is it only for marriage

I've seen it on a 15 yrs old and I asked if she was getting married she said no
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
SemuhleB:

Every person in the northern part of the country knows what henna is. Considering we have atleast 80million muslims its hard to understand why people wont know what it is.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by tpiander: 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
some of these ladies just look so regretful when marrying Nigerians.. . . . . . . . . .

Lord have mercy.
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by readone1(m): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
SaniSANOH:

A Nigerian Man got Married to his Indian girlfriend.
Muhammad Abubakar Tahir was born and brought up in kano and now

currently a post graduate student in the Indian University got married to his girlfriend an INDIAN lady yesterday 29th June 2015 in Delhi, India.

Hmm mm.
Me I comments my reserved.
Please peps, what’s your take on this. Your comments is highly needed.

Source :

https://sanisanohblog./2015/06/30/a-nigerian-man-got-married-to-his-indian-girlfriend/?preview=true

Cc: admin,
Cc: lalasticala.
my comment
who. paid the bride price husband or wife
just kidding though
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by SemuhleB(f): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
GodMode:

Is it only for marriage

I've seen it on a 15 yrs old and I asked if she was getting married she said no
Well the ladies who are part of the brides maids and family members wear it too
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by SemuhleB(f): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
WORLDPEACE:

Every person in the northern part of the country knows what henna is. Considering we have atleast 80million muslims its hard to understand why people wont know what it is.
lol honestly I was shocked when I read some of the comments
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by cap28: 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]Racism in India against Black people

Indian Society is obsessed with white skin and it could be because of colonisation from British Empire that Indians want to look like their former master. If we look in Indian society the darker colour of skin the person is then more likely the person to be treated as a lower class in Indian society that it's colonial mentally that Britain left for Indians to discriminate among themselves.

However, today India is considered one of future economic power in world and it has high advance education institutions included IT institutions that it's attracting lot of African students to study computer Science in India and also it's attracting African immigrants to buy cheap goods to send back to Africa. It means Africans are contributing for development of Indian economy too.

Then why some Indians are treating blacks or Africans inferior in contrast to them just because of their colour of skin? Let follow some stories about Black people in India.

African married an Indian.

Nigerian Sambo Davis is married to an Indian woman and lives in Mumbai. All his documents are valid, but he was arrested by the police recently on suspicion of being a drug dealer. He and 30 other black Africans were detained for hours before they were let off with an apology. But the following day, Mr Davis said that he was shocked to read in local newspapers that they were "arrested for drug peddling".

"The police treat us Africans like dogs," Davis says.

Mr Davis claims he often faces discrimination when he goes to restaurants or when he tries to rent an apartment in gated middle class communities. But he is nevertheless one of the lucky ones. He found a decent flat to rent, thanks to his Indian wife.

But his fellow countrymen, he says, still face discrimination: "When they go to rent flats in a normal building they are told - 'you are a black man, you are Nigerian, and you are not wanted'. This is racism."
Against such a background of obvious prejudice, Sheeba Rani married Sambo Davis four years ago and the couple have two children.

Mrs Davis says her parents are tolerant Christians and they blessed them because they thought the marriage was God's wish. But, she says, she has been excluded by many friends, relatives and society since her marriage.

Mrs Davis is "embarrassed and ashamed" by the behaviour of the Indian people towards black Africans. "When I used to go to a mall or if I walked with him, I always wanted him to hold my hand. But when people saw me with him, they thought I was from a bad family or even a prostitute." Earlier, she did not understand why black people were being looked down upon, but now she says she does. "Because our society is obsessed with white skin. If I had married a white man, I would have gained more friends and society's approval too."

Mr Davis believes that the discrimination is solely "because I am a black man". "It's because I am from Africa, I am a Nigerian. I think Indians see us as inferior."

We look after Indians in our countries. They have become rich there. All we want here is for Indians to understand we are not drug dealers. We are not violent. We are just like them."

African students in Indian

Twenty-three-year-old Richie Ronsard left his home in the Congo two years ago to fulfil his childhood dream of obtaining a degree from an established institute in the India. The reality check was not long in coming.

"I arrived in this city with a lot of expectations. India has a very positive reputation in my country. I was sure that this was going to change my life, but instead I soon learnt that the image of the country outside far surpassed the reality I faced once I was here," Ronsard adding he has been treated like a third class citizen from day one. "Wherever I go out in public I feel out of place. People stare at me all the time. They call me names like 'kalu' and laugh at me. One day in the metro a small child came running to me and started shouting that word at me and pulling my shirt. His mother stood there looking at him without stopping him.
Richie Ronsard
Richard Ronsard congolese
student in New Dehli

I couldn't say or do anything because it was just a child, but inside I felt embarrassed and even angry. Is this how your children are being educated," asked Ronsard, who has political ambitions and is working toward a masters in PPE (Politics, Philosophy and Economy).

The stereotyping of Africans, especially Nigerians, in India as drug dealers has in some part affected how most Africans are treated in the national capital and elsewhere. This puts them under the scanner of the police and often intrudes upon their rights and privacy.

"At least twice a week during the first year I was being visited by the local cops in what they referred to as a general check. I wonder if that is also what happens to non-Africans here," Ronsard stated.

However, despite the growing interest by foreigners in Indian educational institutes, especially universities, little has been done to ensure their wellbeing by either the state or the educational representatives. It is not just Ronsard, but many other African students in the capital share his story. Fredrick Kaitale is a 20-year-old from Uganda studying for his Bachelors in Business Management in. For him, who has met and dealt with the large Indian community in his country, being seen as different in India came as a big shock.

"I am proud to be black, so I don't mind being called "Kalu", but it does feel weird when I am stared at continuously. Every day I meet other Africans who have been victims of racism ill-treated not just by the people on the street but also by the authorities, who turn a blind eye to what is happening in front of them," Kaitale said.

Additionally, getting decent living accommodation is a major task for African students who come to India. Many of them are turned away at the doorstep by potential landlords as soon as they see that the students are black. Valid reasons are not given, but it is evident from the manner that they are turned away.

Omongin Emmanuel spent a number of months trying to find a flat to rent in a decent neighbourhood, but kept getting turned away.
"The brokers kept getting back to me saying that the landlords did not want to rent out to Africans. Apparently, most of them believe that we indulge in illegal activities. They would come up with excuses like government regulations, said the 25-year-old Ugandan who is studying for a Masters in Public Relations and Event Management.
"My father is a diplomat and even with his help, it took me very long to get a place to stay. Despite my connections, it took me so long, so what happens to the normal, unconnected African who is looking for a roof over his head," Emmanuel wondered.

For many, the problems do not end even after getting a place to stay. "My neighbour has done everything from calling the police to complain about made up noises he was hearing to cutting my water supply. It is a constant battle to be normal here." says Ronsard.

"The government really needs to work actively towards improving relations between India and Africa.
This can be done by putting laws against racism in place. People should be scared of the legal repercussions of racist remarks and bullying. Also, the media needs to have more programs that focus on black Africa so that we don't seem so alien when we get here," Emmanuel Onaputa, a second year BBA student from the Congo, suggested.

Black American in India

Dr. Diepiriye Kuku-Siemons did his PhD in Dehli School of Economic. he wrote an article to Colombo telegraph about his experience of racism in India that it was titled 'India Is Racist, And Happy About It'

Once I stood gazing at the giraffes at the Lucknow Zoo only to turn and see 50-odd families gawking at me rather than the exhibit. Parents abruptly withdrew infants that inquisitively wandered towards me. I felt like an exotic African creature-cum-spectacle, stirring fear and awe. Even my attempts to beguile the public through simple greetings or smiles are often not reciprocated. Instead, the look of wonder swells as if this were all part of the act and we were all playing our parts.
Dr. Diepiriye Kuku-Siemons
Dr. Diepiriye Kuku-Siemons

Discrimination in Delhi surpasses the denial of courtesy. I have been denied visas, apartments, entrance to discos, attentiveness, kindness and the benefit of doubt. Further, the lack of neighbourliness exceeds what locals describe as normal for a capital already known for its coldness. My partner is white and I am black, facts of which the Indian public reminds us daily. Bank associates have denied me a chair, while falling over to please my white friend. Mall shop attendants have denied me attentiveness, while mobbing my partner. Who knows what else is more quietly denied?

"An African has come," a guard announced over the intercom as I showed up. Whites are afforded the luxury of their own names, but this careful attention to my presence was not new. ATM guards stand and salute my white friend, while one guard actually asked me why I had come to the bank machine as if I might have said that I was taking over his shift.

This is a question! How so many people can be hateful towards Black people without so much care about the conscience? Is it takes a lot of effort to be hateful towards people than it is much easier to show love toward others human being without looking in their colour of Skin.

When it comes to fair treatment, let's just be honest, Blacks or Africans are the most discriminated against demographic in the world, for that matter. For whatever reason, nobody has a problem discriminating against Black people.

[/b]

http://www.mycontinent.co/Racism.php

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by cap28: 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
So you dumb ass Nigerians keep on rolling out the red carpet for these racist Indian scum who love coming to your country to use your cheap labour in order to enrich themselves whilst they treat you like a third class citizen in their own country - shame! undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by cap28: 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2015
and just to add - the products of indian and black relationships are TOTALLY REJECTED BY THE INDIAN SIDE OF THEIR FAMILY THAT IS WHY THEY ALWAYS IDENTIFY AS BLACK - Black people learn self respect and self pride and marry and procreate within your own race.

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by miketayo(m): 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
hustla:

As how?

D beach, party all night, cheapest alcohol in India, almost half d price. They got naked beaches too.. Xmas period, u meet lots of Europeans than Indians. It d best place for vacations. Wen u get dere u ll understand.
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by miketayo(m): 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Madeu:

How is Goa like??
D beach, party all night, cheapest alcohol in India, almost half d price. They got naked beaches too.. Xmas period, u meet lots of Europeans than Indians. It d best place for vacations. Wen u get dere u ll understand. Ur free to wear wateva.. 90% r Christians too
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by callonme(m): 11:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
God bless Nigeria.....well,

I'm still setting up my Award-winning blog.
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by Madeu(m): 1:50am On Jul 02, 2015
miketayo:

D beach, party all night, cheapest alcohol in India, almost half d price. They got naked beaches too.. Xmas period, u meet lots of Europeans than Indians. It d best place for vacations. Wen u get dere u ll understand. Ur free to wear wateva.. 90% r Christians too

I have been missing some things. Pondicherry also have similar features .
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by hustla(m): 4:59am On Jul 02, 2015
miketayo:

D beach, party all night, cheapest alcohol in India, almost half d price. They got naked beaches too.. Xmas period, u meet lots of Europeans than Indians. It d best place for vacations. Wen u get dere u ll understand.

Houses are cheap there too? Make i relocate for December grin grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by ololo12: 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
cap28:
and just to add - the products of indian and black relationships are TOTALLY REJECTED BY THE INDIAN SIDE OF THEIR FAMILY THAT IS WHY THEY ALWAYS IDENTIFY AS BLACK - Black people learn self respect and self pride and marry and procreate within your own race.

Preach sire! That's right. Break it down for them. Speak the truth black man! Always on point, sire!
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by NovusHomo(m): 1:12am On Jul 03, 2015
Arisha:

My moniker is arabic ...u wanna tell me there are no fair indians who dont bleach nd still treat their black fellows as second class citizen ?

Read this! an experience of a black Ethiopian lady in india.

As a dark young girl living in Delhi around the 90s - I was used called offensive names such as ''kaalu'', ''blackie'' or ''kauva'' (crow). When I approached adults with such issues they use to console me by saying ''So what if you are dark?- you are intelligent so no dont worry...'' Even these well meaning adults innately considered ''dark skin'' as something inferior that needed to be ''compensated'' somehow- in my case it was intelligence.

Some of the adults I met- from elder relatives to household helpers used to ask out openly- "Why are you so dark- how did you turn out to be the darkest in the family?" WTF?! Do you want a lesson on genetics? They then lament on the fact and express their ''sympathies'' to my parents who used that oft repeated line "So what if she is dark...".

I used to be a good classical dancer but was routinely sidelined for stage performances whilst fair girls who just learnt dancing where put on center stage. When some of my well meaning friends pointed that out to the coordinators in private they gave their reason- "If we put black folk out in the front who will come to watch?" Such incidents used to occur on a daily basis and are too numerous and too tedious to mention. I eventually grew a thick skin, became numb to the slurs and tried to blind myself to the discrimination. As I grew, I got used to hearing comments such as "You are pretty for a dark girl- if only you were some shades lighter...".

Yes! Dark skinned girls do ballet! - but Indian classical? No! let me cake your face with layers of makeup...

However there was that lingering feeling that somehow I had failed as a girl, ''elder relatives'' used to whisper in hushed voices behind my back- "It is very unfortunate that she is very dark - noone will want to marry her but she has a good heart and we will pray for her". Was I insecure after all this? - yes ofcourse! However was I imperfect just because of my dark skin?

No , you are not "imperfect because of your dark skin". You are better than most of them, going by your ability to string words together so easily as well as your honesty to yourself. Pay them no mind. You are a star.
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by laudate: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Arisha:
I can't believe my EYES shocked indians are the most racist beings on earth they HATE anyone with dark skin even their own ppl who are the minority lol this guy must be richy rwichhhh ! grin

Not all of them are racist. And the dude may not even be rich.

Nigerians have been marrying Indian women for years. Remember the late Walter Ofonagoro and his Indian wife, Stephanie?

Also, remember Chief Alex Akinyele that married an Indian woman after his first wife died?
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
laudate:

Nigerians have been marrying Indian women for years. Remember the late Walter Ofonagoro and his Indian wife, Stephanie?

Also, remember Chief Alex Akinyele that married an Indian woman after his first wife died?

One is a chairman nd the other a chief LOL what does that tell YOU ma fwendddddd? Gold....

I wanna see an Indian marry an ordinary Nigerian jajajajajajaj
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
What do you mean late?! Chai! Don't say such things. Biko, My uncle is very much alive
laudate:

Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by laudate: 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ofonagoro:
What do you mean late?! Chai! Don't say such things. Biko, My uncle is very much alive

Abeg, no vex oh!! shocked shocked shocked

Am truly sorry....may he live long! May God add many more years of peace, good health and strength to his life. wink cheesy grin cool
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
LOL grin grin Amen
laudate:

Abeg, no vex oh!! shocked shocked shocked

Am truly sorry....may he live long! May God add many more years of peace, good health and strength to his life. wink cheesy grin cool
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by tpiadotcom: 9:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
LOL grin grin Amen

you sold yourself short, you could have asked her to modify the post.

deactivated hastily, I guess because of the moniker you were using (somebody's name).
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 25, 2015
Hope say she no be Nagin sister, humm hope our brother is safe. undecided
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
cap28:

yes. you are correct. we the Black People of Africa(Bantus) are the Hebrew Israelites in the Bible. God warned us not to intermarry with other Races click and read for more Information :- www.nairaland.com/2696133/black-people-bantus-hebrew-marriage . May Ahayah(God) bless you as you read it
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by Jadoskii(m): 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
Shey na only me notice say the lady no smile atal
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by CashVessel(m): 6:26am On May 09, 2016
dopeboi142:
VISA ON THE WAY

Visa ke, for India, are you alright?
Re: A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) by selfmadeboss: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
my wife is japanese , i plan to marry an indian now to balance the equation

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Divorces Wife Born With No Vagina (Photos) / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife / My Husband Uses Charm On Me, I Always Faint During Sex – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.