Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,727 members, 7,802,188 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century (5327 Views)

Anyone With Final Fantasy XV PS4 For Sale? / "You Are My Destiny And You Will Be My Final Fantasy ..." / Most Anticipated Game Or Nah? Share Your Thought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century by lilkech(m): 1:20am On Jul 01, 2015
Who remebers playing this game?

I first played it at a friends place way back in 1999 while i was in secondary school then. At first i was so furious with my friend for allowing his mom buy that game while returning from a visit in the USA but after i played it for a month with him i fell deeply in love with it. it is my GREATEST GAME of ALL TIME.

Re: Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century by lilkech(m): 1:23am On Jul 01, 2015
well, there is good news 'old school' for RPG lovers like myself out there. It is now confirmed that a remake of this game will be released on the Playstation 4 game console later this year . . .

Update: A representative from Square Enix reached out to clarify that the release date below is, retrieved from the game's official listing, is inaccurate.

"We can confirm that the published release date for this title is incorrect. As discussed at this year’s E3, Final Fantasy VII will be ported to the PlayStation 4 in Winter 2015."

The original story appears below.

Square Enix has announced the PlayStation 4 version of the PC port of Final Fantasy 7 will be available on October 16 across North America and Europe.

The re-release will be available for $15.99.

SOURCE : http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-pc-to-ps4-port-gets-release-date/1100-6428370/

TRAILER : https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Kznek1uNVsg

Re: Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century by lilkech(m): 1:30am On Jul 01, 2015
Final Fantasy 7 remake: Platforms and release date

The much-requested Final Fantasy 7 remake was announced during the Sony keynote at E3 2015, with a promise that it would be coming to the PlayStation 4 “first”. This means that FF7 isn’t an outright PS4 exclusive but much like Xbox's exclusivity period with the upcoming Tomb Raider game, PlayStation users should get it a few weeks before everybody else – however the exact exclusivity period is unknown.

Though not confirmed, we assume that the Final Fantasy 7 remake will also be available for Xbox and PC gamers once the PlayStation exclusivity period has expired.

Sadly, the Xbox and PC compatibility isn’t the only feature of Final Fantasy 7 that wasn’t announced at the E3 announcement. While the remake project has been in the works since 2014, there was no release window given. However, if it’s anything like Final Fantasy XV (announced in May 2006, still in production) we might be waiting for quite some time.

SOURCE : http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/game/final-fantasy-7-remake-trailer-release-date-rumours-3617903/

Re: Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century by lilkech(m): 1:49am On Jul 01, 2015
Final Fantasy 7 remake: Story

The announcement trailer shown at E3 2015 wasn’t a gameplay trailer but instead a CG trailer. It showed a variety of locations and characters that were also in the original FF7, which was welcomed with huge applause by the audience. The main focus was around Midgar City, setting the scene for the upcoming game before slowly teasing glimpses of main characters including a sword-wielding Cloud and gun-armed Barret, among others.

However for those of you that were hoping for a shot-for-shot remake of the original Final Fantasy 7, you may be disappointed to know that director Tetsuya Nomura told WIRED that it wouldn’t be a direct recreation of the original game. “In terms of taking a such an iconic game and giving it a fresh feel, we can't go into too much detail but we're not intending for this to become a one-to-one remake, or just the original Final Fantasy VII with better graphics,” Nomura says.

Judging by the WIRED interview with Tetsuya Nomura, we don’t think that a lot has happened with regards to the development of the game. Take the following quote for example:

“We're taking something that's text based with no voice over. If we add voice over to it, that will trigger some adjustments that need to be made to accommodate for that. Then, because we're making it in full HD, we'll need to think about all the resources that are needed to populate the screen. We'd need to go in and see what needs adjusting in that aspect. It's like a chain of events; 'OK, we're going to revamp this part, what do we need?' and see if there are any changes that creates. As I say, we can't go into the specifics at this point but we'll need to revisit elements within the game to see what is appropriate.”

All examples given in that quote are spoken about in theory, and we’d expect that decisions like whether or not to use a voiceover would be one of the first features to consider when developing a game. Will we be looking at a long turn-around for the Final Fantasy 7 remake? We think it might be the case.

Re: Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century by lilkech(m): 1:53am On Jul 01, 2015
The game was soo good it had to get its own block buster movie . . . Developed by Visual Works and Square Enix, Advent Children is part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series of media, which is based in the world and continuity of the highly successful 1997 role-playing video game Final Fantasy VII.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children was released on DVD and Universal Media Discs with Japanese voice acting in Japan on September 14, 2005, and on April 25, 2006 with English voice acting in North America and Europe.

Re: Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century by lilkech(m): 2:05am On Jul 01, 2015
There was also a game released a few years back on the Playstation Portble (psp) called Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core . . . it was a wonderful game too as those who played it will confirm

Re: Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century by lilkech(m): 2:09am On Jul 01, 2015
this promises to be a revamp of the original and i know square enix would never dissapoint their fans with this remake as this was and still is their best selling title in the entire Final Fantasy Franchise.

Re: Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century by lilkech(m): 2:12am On Jul 01, 2015
i have been waiting for over 15 years for this to happen, i cant wait for the release to take place. Thank God for long life smiley

Re: Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century by JacksonD7: 6:28am On Mar 26, 2016
Sounds great. Though I've never played final fantasy before except that java version which I deleted in two minutes

(1) (Reply)

My Platinum Trophies / What If Apple Decides To Make Their Own Game Console? / Cool Game Warnation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.