Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,664 members, 7,805,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? (27123 Views)

I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by francababy(f): 10:06am On Jul 01, 2015
hello house,

A colleague of mine resigned from the company I work and he was paid around N8.4m. This is really tempting. We resumed the same year and I even resumed 5 months before him. My annual take home is N3.6m before taxes. I don't know how much mine will be, but I'm tempted to resign and collect one lump sum to start my own business. I'm confused now. Please advise.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by pickabeau1: 10:07am On Jul 01, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

zz.

which biz do u want to do

Do u have a biz plan

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Xslaze3xd(m): 10:14am On Jul 01, 2015
Your payOff will be #8k......

12 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Cutehector(m): 10:15am On Jul 01, 2015
Abeg resign make I come take ur job biko...

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by mayorkyzo: 10:17am On Jul 01, 2015
Hmmm...find the story fishy doh..most companies pay you when u r "relieved" not when you "resign" willingly...anyway its up to u..do you have a biz in mind??cos 3.6m take home pay is actually good if you ask me..dont rush and quit with no viable plan...

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 01, 2015
If you are still asking this question,this means you dont have a well laid out plan on what your next action will be or what you want to do.
My own suggestion is that you start a business by the side,you can consider freelancing online.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:57am On Jul 01, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

A colleague of mine resigned from the company I work and he was paid around N8.4m. This is really tempting. We resumed the same year and I even resumed 5 months before him. My annual take home is N3.6m before taxes. I don't know how much mine will be, but I'm tempted to resign and collect one lump sum to start my own business. I'm confused now. Please advise.

Give me your address make I come kidnap you.
On a serious note, why do you want to resign? Are you tired of the job or you just want to experience the feeling of having 8 million.

If your job environment is convenient, keep your job and start investing in your future if you haven't started. Since you have a relatively high annual take-home, keep a percentage, invest in real-estate, stocks, bonds, etc.

I am guessing you are not business-savvy. You will need time to study the market of whatever you want to invest in. So start small while working and build to a point when you won't have need for that 8m.

If you rush to resign and attempt to invest hastily, chances are that you will lose your money.

I am guessing you are also young.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 01, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

You earn more than 250k/month, why not save up & start whatever business You have in mind(I.e if U have any @all).
Resigning is not the best option for now... Well, You're a lady, no much worries..probably married. smiley
Good luck.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by SHOT(m): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
Don't b tempted to do wat u are not prepared to do.
Business is a bigger risk to take and statistics does not favor startups.(8 out of 10 business startups fail within 3 years).

Think over it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Karleb(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
Whether sooner or later, you'll get to leave the job and from what you wrote, I'm sure your company will pay you off whether they sack you, you resign or retire and I'm very sure your salary is in hundreds of thousands.

So, why not save up some money or obtain loan and start with your so-called business now till they either sack you or you resign, so that by then you'd have become an experience business person.

The early years of business are said to be tough, you might lose all the 8.4 if care is not taken.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Aitee1: 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

Good day ma'am, am I safe? lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

Id appreciate if you stop the pms..Its getting tiresome..I dropped my number..If you dont wanna text or call...Pls stop
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
I'll say yes only iif there iis timeline to the payoff. iif there ain't no timeline pls work some more pending when uu get a viable business plan. #TeamSelfEmployed

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
you make N3.6m annually and want to collect 8m payoff? check what is happening in your village b4 you do grin grin grin grin grin grin
francababy:
hello house,

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Jamexjulius(m): 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
K
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by sureway1(m): 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Don't move cos everyone is moving...make an appropriate plan and initiate it at the right time..what goes for A at times create an awry scenerio for B.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by kenedy175(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Do not resign.

And I repeat, Do not resign

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Christianwalase: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Greed

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by zonax(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
That's good enough
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by akinswaggs(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Yes....
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by basille(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. But then again life is all about risks, if you never try you will never know.

If you don't have a SOLID plan, stay put.

The ball is in your court.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by CR77(f): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Correct point
Karleb:
Whether sooner or later, you'll get to leave the job and from what you wrote, I'm sure your company will pay you off whether they sack you, you resign or retire and I'm very sure your salary is in hundreds of thousands.

So, why not save up some money or obtain loan and start with your so-called business now till they either sack you or you resign, so that by then you'd have become an experience business person.

The early years of business are said to be tough, you might lose all the 8.4 if care is not taken.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by OsamedeHazard10(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
Evril day nor be Christmas
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
Do you have a good reason to leave there or just because your colleague was paid such a huge amount.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by seangy4konji: 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
You resign and they pay you?

any wayz have a plan before quitting your job.

Street is tough.

PS..WHy cant ou work there for another 10 years and collect 30 million and resign> grin

7 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by acidtalk: 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
HERE'S A HONEST ADVICE TO THE POSTER AND EVERYONE ELSE.

Entrepreneurship is just like marriage: It isn't meant for everyone. No matter how much some try, they will still fail along the way.

However, the biggest and lasting way to get everlasting fulfillment in life is to go the path of A SERIOUS AND DEDICATED ENTREPRENEUR

Op, ask yourself the following questions:

Do you want to resign basically because of the payoff package?

Are you presently enjoying and learning on your present job?

Do you already have a business in mind and how well do you understand the market?

Have you had a business knowledge/experience in the past?

Are you ready to have very short sleeps at night and work extremely hard day in-day out even on public holidays and weekends?

Are you ready to cut down on your present lifestyle and deny yourself so many present comfort?

Are you very HUMBLE and willing to tell those you are richer and older than "yes sir! And yes ma!"?

Can you accept to be at fault even when it is obvious your client/cudtomer is the one wrong?

IF THE ANSWER TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS ARE IN THE NEGATIVE THE SORRY, ENTREPRENEURSHIP ISN'T YET RIGHT FOR YOU. If you do, you will only end up squandering the N8m.

Please go through my previous threads. I have a few to guide young people on the path of being successful entrepreneurs

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by elampiro(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
No

Get the business first. Test the waters. Get it working before you decide about leaving your job.

There are people who lost even much more money when they ventured into business for the first time. Some had to go look for jobs again.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Badgers14: 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
wink
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by nefertitiram: 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

Take it!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? / It Is A Fallacy That No Knowledge Is a Wasted one

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.