Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,349 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? (27118 Views)

I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by peawizzy(f): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
There is a very real investment site that I would like you all to try, it's real. You can find out more about them... https://amerextrade.com/?ref=luvpea12
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Kazrem(m): 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

A colleague of mine resigned from the company I work and he was paid around N8.4m. This is really tempting. We resumed the same year and I even resumed 5 months before him. My annual take home is N3.6m before taxes. I don't know how much mine will be, but I'm tempted to resign and collect one lump sum to start my own business. I'm confused now. Please advise.
I don't know if someone has said this before. What is good for the goose might not be for the gander. That says it all.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by holysina(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

A colleague of mine resigned from the company I work and he was paid around N8.4m. This is really tempting. We resumed the same year and I even resumed 5 months before him. My annual take home is N3.6m before taxes. I don't know how much mine will be, but I'm tempted to resign and collect one lump sum to start my own business. I'm confused now. Please advise.
if she wants to
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Otunbatrafford: 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
Don't o. Money have wings. What is good for Mr A may turn out bad for Mr B. You can still set up a mini business outlet from your savings or from soft loans provided you have a reburst business idea and sterling marketing skills. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by zeusdgrt(m): 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

chai i dey find work and U dey reason resign?with no biz plan n laid down vision?well make we relate for job matter cz i nid am now.As for d resigning we go talk well on fone.07032399448
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Ay04z(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
mumu guy...
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Aitee1: 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
UnknownT:
are you her colleague that resigned and got paid 8milla? We need to pay you a visit soon grin

Not me oh, I don't know her from adam, she actually sent me a pm then so I wanted to find out why the pm
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by sigmundfreud(m): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
A man and his wife owned a very special goose. Every day the goose would lay a golden egg, which made the couple very rich.

"Just think," said the man's wife, "If we could have all the golden eggs that are inside the goose, we could be richer much faster."

"You're right," said her husband, "We wouldn't have to wait for the goose to lay her egg every day."

So, the couple killed the goose and cut her open, only to find that she was just like every other goose. She had no golden eggs inside of her at all, and they had no more golden eggs.

That's all.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by ceeteed(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
since u have not before now thought of what to do with a pay off,it is not good to jump at the lump sum without a concrete plan that is a bit tried and tested no matter how modest the scale,this i can tell you based on experiences of people in the past.
While you are at your work a few advice I will like to give you are:
1. Start saving between 20 to 30 per cent of your take home.
2.ensure the savings above is safe from you (you could have this in a cooperative or an insurance plan that compounds for a period with a lump payment at end).
3.start to invest in your education in businesses in the areas where your passion and interests are greatest.
4. Seek for mentors along those lines and learn from them.
5. Articulate the vision for your life prayerfully and in WRITING into short(1 to 5 years ), medium( 6 to 9years) and long( 10 years and above ) .
6.also seek for more understanding on how to get passive income from any of these financial and wealth generating vehicles.
a.Stock investments,
b.Real estate investments,
c. Intellectual Property ownership and sales, d.Automated Businesses that requires little investment of time and effort once set up,
e.commodities trading at ur spare time.

Above are my little contributions for your consideration and possible adoption as you strategically drive your life to your desired goals.

Be blessed.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by jobsat34(m): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2015
mayorkyzo:
Hmmm...find the story fishy doh..most companies pay you when u r "relieved" not when you "resign" willingly...anyway its up to u..do you have a biz in mind??cos 3.6m take home pay is actually good if you ask me..dont rush and quit with no viable plan...

he will entitled to gratuity if he has spent 5yrs upward...
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by hamis4sure: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
Pls what's the name of your company. I would like to work there. Abeg send me the details, here is my mail..hamisuh4@gmail.com. I ll help u design your biz plan properly. My regrds
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by dangervu(m): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

it means you can't save 8mil with #3.6m per in years to come?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by daclemx: 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
Bro don't resign, ‎​u can invest about 2million in an agro business and still keep ur job. I mean still earning salary. Okay send me an email lemme tell ‎​u wat to do. Pls don quit oh
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by pimplucious: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

Abeg Lemme know when u resign so I can apply for ur position grin
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by chukslawrence(m): 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
Karleb:
Whether sooner or later, you'll get to leave the job and from what you wrote, I'm sure your company will pay you off whether they sack you, you resign or retire and I'm very sure your salary is in hundreds of thousands.

So, why not save up some money or obtain loan and start with your so-called business now till they either sack you or you resign, so that by then you'd have become an experience business person.

The early years of business are said to be tough, you might lose all the 8.4 if care is not taken.
Gbayi.. You said it all. "The early years of business are said to be tough, you might lose all the 8.4 if care is not taken".
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Onlymewakacum(m): 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

You are not serious. U jus wanna advertise urself so we know u r a big girl.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
HDee:
cos it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for another.
I did not say it didn't work for me bro, am only trying to let the op know that nothing good comes easy.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by eyeon(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
IF YOU HAVE NO PLANS, LEAVE THAT PAY OFF AND CONTINUE YOUR JOB WHILE IT INCREASES TOO.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by TooNoisy(f): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Look at this very carefully. You earn 3.6 million gross and about 3 million net salary. So 8.4 million is about 2 years and 10 months salary. I will say take the offer and not look back. It's a very well calculated risk.

You can get another job within 6 months or less depending on your skills and industry. That is very possible.

You can begin to think of and start a business or consultancy by the side depending on your skills.

You need to know that this same company can fire you later and pay you much less.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
Op I already forgot your topic until someone quoted me, with the insinuation that I failed in business does not mean you will. Read and read carefully , only the strong willed will venture into business in the first place, anybody telling you that owning your own business is a walk in the pack and that you will start making money in no time is a scam in fact as I type this a lot of people would have contacted you with a lot of ideas beware, because 10,000000 can turn to 500000 k in no time. My advice chose a business you are passionate about and start small then grow big.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by BobbyDean(m): 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
That's a giant leap you wanna take, it comes with the good and bad actually.
The good: you get too be your own boss and that way you're striding towards your aspirations.
The bad: risk of mismanagement of funds as an entrepreneur+if you do your maths right, you will probably earn that 8m from your current work in less than 4yrs.
My humble opinion is you get yourself a side hustle(your own investment if you dont have 1 already and if you do, start making efforts to retire to that). That way you might earn money in two ways
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

What business do you want to start with 8.4m that you cannot start small with 300,000 monthly salary.

Me thinks it makes more sense to start and manage something small and grow it until it is solid than for you to go headlong into it.

If you start straight and per chance everything goes sour, you have nothing to fall back on. I know that sounds a bit pessimist but Naija is not smiling nowadays and whatever you have to do, you need to weight the pros and cons.

Its your ball to play however you like but I always beleive there should always be a plan b c and even d for everything.

Make e no go be like fry-pan to fire

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
holysina:

if she wants to

You are a prime candidate for Yaba Left
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by omowolewa: 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
Don't resign yet until you have made good the little you're being paid.
Test the waters before jumping into the river.

Your business will definitely bear the burden of you present lifestyle and expenses. Thatz dangerous for a starter.

Invest on appreciable asset and start nurturing a business now. Your investment would serve as back up when business coughs. Then you'll have a good time to build your target market now.

Talking from my Dad's experience though, yours could be different

francababy:
hello house,

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
omowolewa:
Don't resign yet until you have made good the little you're being paid.
Test the waters before jumping into the river.

Your business will definitely bear the burden of you present lifestyle and expenses. Thatz dangerous for a starter

Talking from my Dad's experience though, yours could be different

Seems both our Dads had the same experience.

I feel you jare

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by omowolewa: 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
Men!!! We all suffered for it

Ganoderma:

Seems both our Dads had the same experience.

I feel you jare
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
omowolewa:
Men!!! We all suffered for it

Trust me.........I perfectly understand

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by ifyan(m): 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
acidtalk:
HERE'S A HONEST ADVICE TO THE POSTER AND EVERYONE ELSE.

Entrepreneurship is just like marriage: It isn't meant for everyone. No matter how much some try, they will still fail along the way.

However, the biggest and lasting way to get everlasting fulfillment in life is to go the path of A SERIOUS AND DEDICATED ENTREPRENEUR

Op, ask yourself the following questions:

Do you want to resign basically because of the payoff package?

Are you presently enjoying and learning on your present job?

Do you already have a business in mind and how well do you understand the market?

Have you had a business knowledge/experience in the past?

Are you ready to have very short sleeps at night and work extremely hard day in-day out even on public holidays and weekends?

Are you ready to cut down on your present lifestyle and deny yourself so many present comfort?

Are you very HUMBLE and willing to tell those you are richer and older than "yes sir! And yes ma!"?

Can you accept to be at fault even when it is obvious your client/cudtomer is the one wrong?

IF THE ANSWER TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS ARE IN THE NEGATIVE THE SORRY, ENTREPRENEURSHIP ISN'T YET RIGHT FOR YOU. If you do, you will only end up squandering the N8m.

Please go through my previous threads. I have a few to guide young people on the path of being successful entrepreneurs

Should I say love this or supported
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Bia, this Op or FrancaBaby whatever your name is, if you are trying to intimidate jobless graduates in Nairaland, you are doing a perfect job and only God will judge you o. 3.6m annual income abi? isorrit.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by lizwot14(m): 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
Pray abt it first. In my opinion self employment is the best option that is if you knw aw to go abt it.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by HDee(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
blueseacats:
I did not say it didn't work for me bro, am only trying to let the op know that nothing good comes easy.
okay. All the best grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? / It Is A Fallacy That No Knowledge Is a Wasted one

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.