Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (102428 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ranking Of States By Poverty Rates In Nigeria / Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by wedondeyhere: 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
Even with power being in the north for many years, they remain the most poorest states...save kano 9 fvck prophet muhammed
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by after1: 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
Why are yebhoes crying all over thread. Lolzxxx. Lemme save this thread for the day any Igbo animal post trash.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by GodMode: 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:
I'm rather shocked many people saw this report through their tribal lenses. So pathetic.

Let's not glory in the states that fair better. Let's not also make a mockery of the states that are lagging behind.

This familiar trip with tribalism is one of the major reasons Africa will never compete with the rest of the world.

Tribalism is one of the reasons China, Japan e.t.c are boominggringringrin

They train their people and encourage and enlighten them...
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by no2fuks(m): 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
According to the MPI Report, as at 2010, 46% of
Nigerians lived below the national poverty line
(Only 28% in Urban areas, and near 70% in The
rural) . Although a Report by the World bank,
released in 2014, showed that only 33% of
Nigerians could be considered Poor.

according to the US (CIA) fact book nigeria has 70% living below the poverty line. that is one of the highest rate in the whole wide world. I think Zimbabwe is the worst with 72%.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2046.html

be careful of the Information you take in. its mostly propaganda
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by dokyOloye: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
superstar1:

WHo cares whether you believe it or not.

UN empirical evidence and research shows Osun people can afford 3 square meals, send their children to school, have their own houses, have access to water and light and good quality of life than Anambra people.

If you are pained, jump inside the lagoon.
Must U be abusive?
All these ediots from broken homes who can never fail to display their lack of home training.
Kitikpa gbagbukwaa gi there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
dokyOloye:
Must U be abusive?
All these ediots from broken homes who can never fail to display their lack of home training.
Kitikpa gbagbukwaa gi there.

kini were afofungbemu yii nso, omo irankiran to n fi sliding tackle ji baba e.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by tsdarkside(m): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
and igbos will always try to tell you say,na the north dey rule nigeria....yeye people...
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by freez2ryme(m): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
cheesy
Diz Yoruba guyns don't get it at all, OSUN Is not reacher Than ANAMBRA but have more people above poverty line, now what dis means is dat, d total net worth of OSUN may not eqaul half of ANAMBRA net worth, for instance, if 90% of OSUN indigenes can afford three square meals while 85% in ANAMBRA can afford 3sqaure meals, in OSUN the net worth of the individual's may be only 200k while in ANAMBRA it is 1m, now if u sum that up, u will c dat ANA BRA IS Approximately five times richer than OSUN, IGBO KWENU
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
GodMode:

Tribalism is one of the reasons China, Japan e.t.c are boominggringringrin

They train their people and encourage and enlighten them...

Then theirs must be totally different from the primitive version of ours.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by dokyOloye: 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
khattab02:
but Kano has commercial activities than Niger and if not the leading economic state in da North.

I cannot rate Niger ahead of Kano.
I was in Niger state for 2 weeks recently and I was shocked by what I saw.
Very well educated and mannered ppl wt better standard of living.
I am talking of ppl living in d villages,but U can't say that for D whole of Kano state.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
after1:

You add lies to your drug usage. I am not following you cos you are a known tribalist and drug addict, I quote you whenever you post your trash and lies. Stop your lies and repent, I am.not following you.

You are a cursed tribalist and now angry cos of UN report. They just spoil your mood, Sorry you can go and die.

I have never quote you in my life, I don't even know that you exist but you always hover every thread looking for me.

If you insult me here again I will remove you from my twitter followers,

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
freez2ryme:
cheesy
Diz Yoruba guyns don't get it at all, OSUN Is not reacher Than ANAMBRA but have more people above poverty line, now what dis means is dat, d total net worth of OSUN may not eqaul half of ANAMBRA net worth, for instance, if 90% of OSUN indigenes can afford three square meals while 85% in ANAMBRA can afford 3sqaure meals, in OSUN the net worth of the individual's may be only 200k while in ANAMBRA it is 1m, now if u sum that up, u will c dat ANA BRA IS Approximately five times richer than OSUN, IGBO KWENU

The highlighted shows the reason why Osun State is above Anambra.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by khattab02: 3:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
asiwajumi:
yimu. Did united nation come to my town in okemesi ekiti to see how people are surviving? Who is foooling who
hehehehehe....

grin grin grin
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by wedondeyhere: 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
The number one state is lagos which is an Igbo state conquered by the Igbos. The same way the Israelites created Israel in the arab world and pushed the palestinians to the slums is what Igbos are doing in Lagos now

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
freez2ryme:
cheesy

Please stop comparing us with Osun State, can't you pick Yobe and Zamfara there and compare with Osun State.
Biko stop that insult

Please spare us that nonsense comparision abeg, Osun ko, Osun ni

8 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by chinolization: 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
Osun is putting up a good fight there..keep it up!

Anambra has always been an Asian Tiger from time so there is no need jubilating over this.

Nigeria adigo mma cool

Odenigboaroli

9 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by dokyOloye: 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
Brokenbars:
Abia ranked above most states? im speechlessssss. Entering d state sef, u will see poverty written all over it like billboards. This is my opinion and its not tribalistic
If Ur perception of poverty is abt bad roads then maybe Abia will rank higher in Ur eyes,but Abia indigens are very hard working and rich.Ask abt Abiriba,Igbere,Ohafia,etc.
Abiriba isn't called small London for nothing
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by AreaFada2: 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yujin:
This report does not add up. There's no how Osun could have been above Anambra even on cumulative basis. Anambra has always been ahead in all the SE states. A visit to Anambra will convince any one who is in doubt. Osun is not known for anything spectacular. Not for agriculture, not for commerce and not for mineral explorations so how comes its occupying the second position? Its simply not adding up. Only the caliber of buildings in Anambra alone will convince any doubting Thomas that the people of this state are not hungry.

If you look carefully, there isn't much difference between Osun & Anambra. Within margin of error, Anambra might actually just be ahead of Osun.

Osun, Ekiti & Anambra have something in common: high level of education. Even educated farmers are more likely to use modern methods and create more wealth.

Edo for example despite being a moderate/low oil state, ranks highly. Thanks to farming AND around 2 billion dollars of remittances from abroad yearly, improving housing conditions, health care, disposable income and helping to educate more people. Different States have different strengths.

Abuja has a relatively high poverty rate. High prices of goods and housing costs are probably mostly responsible.

9 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Mftivi: 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
INTROVERT:
Does anyone see the trend...

Despite leading the country for most years since independence the region is still very poor.

It would be interesting to see how this graph changes by 2019. grin

a northerner complained about this and i quoted him here, i was tagged a tribal bigot.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by ideykwum: 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
That guy doesn't know the difference between Nationalism and Tribalism...They look alike, seem alike, sometimes have similar outcomes...but they are two radically different concepts!

dearpreye:

Then theirs must be totally different from the primitive version of ours.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
Twistaray:

I love intelligent ,smart,reasonable fellas.
Tell them oo
grin

More veg/ewedu to yaa brain jare

Yes, City does not guarantee a good standard of living
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Tripleclick(m): 3:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
This thread de sweet me die, imagine a tribe that fought civil war bragging with d pple dat nva fought a single war,, kai!!!! Igbo badoooo!!!! Hardwork pays my bro; we rise from our fall and remain strong!!! We will forever proper!!!

10 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by justjify(m): 3:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Wait ooh! According by this report, youna mean to tell me say Osun na second richest state?
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by miky(m): 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
northern nigeria is extremely backward in everything in nigeria, without them nigeria pov avg would have been just 23% and possibly lower since more oil revenue would have gone to develop the south.. its just unbelievable how the same geographical region in africa can have such a significant difference.. then the only difference between the north and south is the religion.. because in the south there are varieties of languages and culture too..

Pretty much if your born in the north, your kinda screwed

6 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
Super1Star:

The alighted shows the reason why Osun State is above Anambra.

Highlighted abi alighted....Ogbeni Bin Rauf kataf Adesoji Aragbarascal come see your products oooooooooooooooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
ideykwum:
That guy doesn't know the difference between Nationalism and Tribalism...They look alike, seem alike, sometimes have similar outcomes...but they are two radically different concepts!

Thank you. Thank you! You hardly take your eyes away from the bigger picture. I couldn't even have given him such an apt reply like you did. Thanks.

Nationalism and tribalism are world's apart.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by ThisMeansWAR: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yujin:
This report does not add up. There's no how Osun could have been above Anambra even on cumulative basis. Anambra has always been ahead in all the SE states. A visit to Anambra will convince any one who is in doubt. Osun is not known for anything spectacular. Not for agriculture, not for commerce and not for mineral explorations so how comes its occupying the second position? Its simply not adding up. Only the caliber of buildings in Anambra alone will convince any doubting Thomas that the people of this state are not hungry.
Why is standard of living in Mozambique. better than Nigeria when Mozambique hardly produce one third of what Nigeria produces or have up to 20 percent of Nigeria gdp?

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
scholes0:

Osun's problems are like 5-6-7 months old..... And is likely temporary as well.
This report covers a much longer period.
do u pple think that OSUN is poor come to osun and enjoy life wit 100 u will buy 2wrap of Eba and 1 meat, some pple don't knw d meanin of poverty in state

3 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Odani: 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
INTROVERT:
Does anyone see the trend...

Despite leading the country for most years since independence the region is still very poor.

It would be interesting to see how this graph changes by 2019. grin

my dear nothing will change, tell enjoy power but dnt know wat their ple lack, no matter how they fight for it, the yorubas, ibos and niger deltans are still better when it comes to wealth creations and living standards. hausa only knows how to use koboko and chop off d legs of its citizens then tomorow they will cry fowl and blame d same Fed government that was under their control
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Highlighted abi alighted....Ogbeni Bin Rauf kataf Adesoji Aragbarascal come see your products oooooooooooooooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin

BushMonkey, na u i dey talk to? I have corrected it before you did tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by phemybof(m): 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
despite the financial problem facing the state, we stil washing strong
#OSUNADARAO

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by asha80(m): 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
dokyOloye:
If Ur perception of poverty is abt bad roads then maybe Abia will rank higher in Ur eyes,but Abia indigens are very hard working and rich.Ask abt Abiriba,Igbere,Ohafia,etc.
Abiriba isn't called small London for nothing
you are right....abia lacks infrastructure but the citizens are not really poor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide / APC Matters In Pictures / Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.