Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million (20679 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Two Men For N7.6 Billion Fraud(photos) / 14 Passengers, Driver Kidnapped In Port Harcourt, N14 Million Ransom Demanded / EFCC Arraigns Two For Internet Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by Harbdulrasaq(m): 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday July 1, 2015, arraigned the duo of Osaze Akhigbe and Ndekwu Jindu before Justice Lawal Akapo of the Lagos State High Court, Ikeja on an 11-count charge bordering on conspiracy to obtain goods and money by false pretence.

The defendants, Akhigbe and Jindu were arrested by the EFCC sometime in 2013 based on a petition from one Jolanta K, an American. Jolanta alleged that she met jindu, who introduced himself as a self-employed Caucasian pharmacist, online in June 2012. Impressed by his profile she “fell in love” with him, and both agreed to get married.

She further alleged that in the course of the relationship, the defendant at different times hoodwinked her into parting with over Sixty Four Thousand United States Dollars ($64,000 USD) over N14 million.

Count 2 of the charge reads; “That you, Osaze Akhigbe on or about the 6th of September 2012 at Lagos within the Ikeja Judicial Division with the intent to defraud obtained a total sum of $1,900 (One Thousand Nine Hundred United States Dollars) from one Jolanta K. through western union money transfer under the false pretence that the money represent payment for marriage engagement processes between you and her in Nigeria and which pretence you knew was false”.

The defendants pleaded not guilty to the charge when it was read to them. In view of the plea of the defendants the prosecution counsel, A. A Akujo asked for a trial date and prayed the court to remand them in prison custody.

Justice Akapo adjourned the case till September 21, 2015 for hearing of the bail application and ordered that the defendants be remanded in Kirikiri Maximum Prison.

cc lalasticlala

http://www..net/2015/07/photos-efcc-arraigns-two-for-defrauding.html#.VZQTUbWn3Mw

1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by INTROVERT(f): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
Criminality never pays. These G boys will face and dance to the music. grin grin

In other news,

https://www.nairaland.com/2419186/open-letter-all-nlds-mods#35361999

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by MosakuAW(m): 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Some women sha!
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by tiamiyukunle69(m): 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
Baddest niggas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by exlinkleads(f): 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
aaa
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by mschubby: 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
smh for some women.

'some women falling in love after viewing niggas profile since 1901'

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by gabby227(m): 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
8th to comment am on the move, my fans be patient i will get there soon. My third improvement just today.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by anodaBanDotCom: 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
busted.....

but efcc should face d politicians seriously. they can leave this boys for the police.

mind you, he is Igbo

**Am not a tribalist
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by madridguy(m): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
OK

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by Ayomi088(m): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
shocked
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by Ligxy(f): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
Na wa o
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by realGURU(m): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
Gey
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by Bifwoli: 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
South West,always the epicenter of criminality and social decay.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by allanphash7(m): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
You better leave those boys and re arraign FFK and those silly legislooters

Nigeria a state where those that matters steal and go scot free but those who doesnt know anybody rot in jail

Imagine FFK celebrating in bed with girlfriend despite the whole world knows he commited the crime

Chai

Naija yaff suffer

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by writetopoker: 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
imagin efcc left 500m, 1b & cases now hoing for 14m, but y is SW synonymous to fraud, I wonderroo, beautiful lubbish, beautiful lobbish

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by steryj(m): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
You only know how it begins but not how it 'll end.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by armadeo(m): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
The white man ( Oyibo) is really an interesting person. The fact is many whites are free in real terms they understand causality and effect. You do wrong you get punished no matter how high you are.

The Nigerian thinks survival first, primal acquisition second and lying to survive/ dodge the repercussions of actions.

Many people would say she is a maga but is she really. She isn't in a cutthroat environment, she loved a guy who played on her naivety ( naija no dey carry last).

Well hand Don catch them now they dance to the tune they played. PS many bigger 419 who claim love for the motherland are roaming free while the get rich quick young ones who look at older peeps who actually pay The piper to play their tunes get roasted.

Ironic.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by yorke1: 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
Why will the judge not grant them bail.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by Dreamtouch: 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by Shaadey: 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
Rich man wey steal money dem no go show hin name for crime fighter

Poor man wey still maggi una go see hin name dia

don't support any form of stealing tho

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by mschubby: 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
dickrider:
IF YOU HAVE A HUGE DICK, CONTACT ME AFTER CHECKING MY DP TO CONFIRM MY TASTE. WE WILL DISCUSS PRICE cool
guy keep fooling yourself

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by aaamos(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
x
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by Brownhypo: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
face EFCC wrath
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
G
Shaadey:
Rich man wey steal money dem no go show hin name for crime fighter
Poor man wey still maggi una go see hin name dia
don't support any form of stealing tho
i dey tell u
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by sKeetz(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
I know this things are truth but do you know the basic things are not what you say but God is able and he can do many things for us and I will advise that you make a plan not to do whatever in life but dont judge my brother cause God sees everything. He has not lived if he has not been here for a while but I think y'all should just chill and appreciate the fact that I did not do as I had planned. I truly believe that God Himself brought you down from the glorious heavens above to be forever my angel. I dont like this that happen. I will make sure I appoint myself the governor before I become the president. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder in earth or even in hell. So help me God!!
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
lipsrsealed EFCC THIS EFCC THT
WERE THEY IN HIBERNATION MOOD BEFORE?

BUT NOW IN AESTIVATION MOOD COS OF PMB RIGHT?

WONDA Y DIA OWN TOO MUCH NOWADAYS
DEM DON MAKE. Fp LIKE 6 TIMES OR SO TODAY ALONE

NAWA O undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
undecidedWat pple do..all in d'name of makin moni..
#mugbubevoice.. Give dem lashes of cane grin'
So dar zealousness to ride RangeRover b4 30 go reduce angry
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million by Kufie(m): 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
EFCC only has strength with the fraudsters.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Parade Four Notorious Robbers Terrorizing Bayelsa State (photo) / Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos / Police Officers Kill A Motorcyclist In Oyo Over N50 Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.