Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days (5605 Views)

See The Provocative Dress A Nigerian Girl Wore Party!!! / Nigerian Girl With Waist-long Hair (Pictures) / Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by kodewrita(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2005
The Hoopla About Modelling

maybe its me but i find it funny that when i ask girls what they do aside from schooling they all claim to be models. If u check the sun page 3 pictures, they all claim to be models. of course its lucrative but there can't be that many models or maybe i am the one missing out on a lucrative opportunity(start modelling underwear for armani or suits for dakova, grin)
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by Allenpowered(m): 3:37pm On May 17, 2005
You really got it right. All my tall girl-friends tell me they are modelling. For who, I don't know. Looks like it's the place it's happening now. bi how una noo feel so ...

Don't miss the action; you may make your millions as an agent! tongue
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by Seun(m): 3:54pm On May 17, 2005
Hey, Allen, I'm a model too! Here are my statistics:

Height: 5'11"
Color: Light Brown.
Bust: huh?
Waist: wetin be dat
Hip: man size tongue
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by Hunter(m): 10:11pm On May 17, 2005
At least you don't have man-boob's seun tongue

I figure people say that there something that there not because it makes em look better I guess.
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by mamba(m): 11:43pm On May 17, 2005
kodewrita:

when I ask girls what they do aside from schooling they all claim to be models.
It seems that's what's reigning now.
I've even seen some girls that look likeĀ embarassed but they still claim they are modelling part time.
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by Seun(m): 11:51pm On May 17, 2005
I think it has something to do with the big 3 GSM companies (MTN, Vmobile, Glo).

MTN in particular has been bombarding young men and women all over the country with images of flawless male and female models picked from our Universities (maybe just UNILAG?) Why won't every young lady want to be a model?
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by jummy79(f): 3:43am On May 18, 2005
But are they lying?

I guess being thought of as a model makes them think they'll attract a different calibre of man that what they currently attract?

Lol, I'd never try that line; the guy would see right through me!
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by Seun(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2005
Technically, they aren't lying. We can think of them as amateur models or freelancers.

All other things being equal, I would choose a girl who is something else (entrepreneur? doctor? maid?) over a model or actress. It's like sharing your other half with the whole world. Ewww.
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by kodewrita(m): 6:00pm On May 20, 2005
mamba:

kodewrita link=topic=242.msg1744#msg1744 date=1116340160:

when I ask girls what they do aside from schooling they all claim to be models.
It seems that's what's reigning now.
I've even seen some girls that look likeĀ embarassed but they still claim they are modelling part time.
@mamba well as to those girls, well they are usually used for contrast as in "If he/she(as ugly as he/she is) can look good in that dress then I can "
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by mamba(m): 6:09pm On May 20, 2005
kodewrita:

@mamba well as to those girls, well they are usually used for contrast as in "If he/she(as ugly as he/she is) can look good in that dress then I can "
I now understand.
So embarassed girls can also model too
I thought modelling was only for kiss girls
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by tayotina(f): 6:15pm On May 20, 2005
Hmm, am sure when you see these so-called kiss girls without any make-up, you will RUN!!!!!
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by Chigszy(f): 7:26pm On May 24, 2005
Say it like it is girl. to know a pretty person you have got to see them without make up because coasmetic does do wonders i mean anyone would look good once they are all made up!! that is why i marvel at all these teenagers that are so captivated by these celebrities i mean they think that those are real, but they have no idea how many hours of making up that had been done and then they stress themselves up if they do not look like their favourite celebrity!! i thinl that is sooooooooo sad!! i mean have they really seen them without make up? then look sickly!!!! shocked all these peopl are normal
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by hotpikin(f): 9:40pm On May 24, 2005
kodewrita:

maybe its me but I find it funny that when I ask girls what they do aside from schooling they all claim to be models. If u check the sun page 3 pictures, they all claim to be models. of course its lucrative but there can't be that many models or maybe I am the one missing out on a lucrative opportunity(start modelling underwear for armani or suits for dakova.... grin)
me no be model(werin be dt one sef?? ) but i be actress sha...lol wink cheesy
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by Efani(m): 4:48pm On May 30, 2006
im gonna be a model
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by omo07(f): 2:45am On Jun 19, 2006
everyone is a model these days,
therefore i refuse to even look at the dang business
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by queen2006(f): 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2006
Well, if they want to achieve their dream of modeling then they should send their pics and stats to models@africanvibes.com[size=10pt][/size]

Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by diddy4(m): 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2006
my sister is gonn@ be a model but not a naija model. international, all she is waiting for is to turn 18. her deal is already done with some peps. everyone wants to look good. if you got what it takes to be a model then go for it.
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by Badman888(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2006
yah that is rite, check out page 3 girls of the sun and more than half of them say they are models,
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by Eurphoria(f): 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2006
Good luck to those who are is what i say, fair dos atleast young people especially in Nigeria are turning their hands at doing good for themselve because the government wont do it, so i dont knock no one who is modeling, whether fashion,couture,page3 shocked lol. Same with the acting in movies thing too our guys and dolls need to survive some how.

Goodluck to ur sis Diddy
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by diddy4(m): 12:03am On Jul 04, 2006
thanks darl. wink wink
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by MerC2(f): 8:19am On Jul 04, 2006
hmm undecided
I don't think modelling makes u look good.
That's jus ma own opinion tho.
People usually ask me if I'm a model
jus cos I'm slim, tall, photogenic and all that ish,
but I ain't about to start claiming that I'm one wen I'm nat.
I'd like to model but it's not like a passion or anything.
It obviously is for some people. undecided

I WUNNA BE A DANCER!! cheesy
I think that's more worthwhile.
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by mamaput(f): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2006
These days 18 is almost too old to start.
Many are between 16 and 18 and very few 20 and above when they start.
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by MerC2(f): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2006
to start wut? modelling?
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by lauryn(f): 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2006
Well its not a bad thing to model, its better than selling out ur body on the streets. It aint about being pretty, u have to be very comfortable with ur body to do it, but nowadays, its so insulting to see some things on the runway. Even some people that wowo embrace so bad, still do their thing on the runway, but hey, aint nothing wrong with that.
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by spikedcylinder: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2006
There's nothing wrong with being a model or even aspiring to be a model is there?
When people complain and complain about Nigerian girls and boys(youths in general)i always want to shout back in their faces "WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE?". Most people sit high and mighty in foreign countries and start looking down on people here for doing what they do,given a choice am sure most Nigerians wouldnt be the way they are!

Sheesh!
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by zarah(f): 10:43am On Jul 07, 2006
Correct me if am wrong but i dont think modelling is about pretty faces, it's about body language. wat matters is height, shape and carriage. and how in harmony ur features are, unless u r maybe a face model or something.

The best models of all times are mostly ugly, but their bodies and movements are like wooowwww! undecided
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by emmasess: 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2006
Well its not a bad thing to model, its better than selling out your body on the streets. It aint about being pretty, u have to be very comfortable with your body to do it, but nowadays, its so insulting to see some things on the runway. Even some people that wowo embrace so bad, still do their thing on the runway, but hey, aint nothing wrong with that.
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by lauryn(f): 12:47am On Jul 08, 2006
@ emmasess
U had to copy and paste my post, 'cos,,,,,,,,,,,,,?
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by Jalal(m): 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2006
Well they are usin wat they hav to get wat they want, nothin wrong in dat!!
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by MerC2(f): 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2006
yup Jalal
True talk.
smiley
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by biomic(f): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2006
i feel some of them are wanna be models , or maybe it is just a craze in town,
Re: Every Nigerian Girl Is A Model These Days by prncss(f): 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2006
models are not always bad people ii live in california and i am a nigerian pursuing modeling thats the whole reason livin in da states for me and not all models are there to make teens fell that they have to look like them they are mainly meant to advertise and if the models happen to look good then oh well good genes and if teens feel ugly because they see a model who they think looks beta than them then they have self esteem problems and need therapy smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Wear Jeans Rig Panties? / 5 Simple Steps To Shape Your Brow Yourself / UK Shirt Grade AAA* & UK Children Bales @WOW Prices!+ PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.