Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam (46326 Views)

Final Year Student Of UNIZIK Dies From Malaria As Friends Mourn. Photos / Final Exam Pictures Of UNIUYO Business Management Students / 720 Intending Lawyers Fails Bar Final Exam.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 02, 2015
One secret of making it in life,do what you love,and pray for God's grace.
Believe it,you will excel.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Vokians(m): 1:44am On Jul 02, 2015
sofadj:
Very bold decision, he was begged by everybody including lecturers and his enemies to come write the final exam but he refused.

Years have gone by now but I still believe he made a wrong decision, he should have written the final exam, obtained his certificate as a doctor and then proceeded to study whatever he wished to study.

That way not only would he actualise his dream, that would probably make him the first doctor-journalist.
You have a point there, but what of if he had taken the final exam and still fail it like the previous one? Good He took the decision when it is not over, but late though.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by natedalo: 3:32am On Jul 02, 2015
Venom104:
Medicine a profession for crammers.. Most of them aren't actually bright..

At least he gets to challenge himself under journalism
Go and do medicine first then you have a right to make this statement. If you aren't bright you probably would never get into medschool and in medschool even bright students fail.

7 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by PresidentT(m): 4:06am On Jul 02, 2015
Alfa Esin! I hope u correct ur mistakes and hold strong. Life is full of challenges and one must be ready to face them. Shalom!
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Sparkle777(f): 4:31am On Jul 02, 2015
Wat is the sense of quitting after 10 years? It would have made better sense if he d gotten the certificate then proceeded to read wateva. I d hav had much respect for him.

Honestly, dis guy is jazzed. His parents enemies are at work,he nids deliverance. Now,who wil sponsor dis mass comm? Still the exasperated parent. I pity the family.
Guy, u no try abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by tpiander: 4:31am On Jul 02, 2015
might be spiritual.

maybe he was warned not to take the final exam. . . . . .

the whole thing looks fetish sha.

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by GoldStandard: 5:11am On Jul 02, 2015
Venom104:
Medicine a profession for crammers.. Most of them aren't actually bright..
At least he gets to challenge himself under journalism

Mass Communication is much of a challenge and he's making 4.7 cgpa in his first year.... Challenge indeed undecided

If medicine is for crammers, what is Law?

3 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by shangodele(m): 6:46am On Jul 02, 2015
NRC at wrk
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by iamrealdeji(m): 6:53am On Jul 02, 2015
But actually,the boy is brilliant to have reached final year in medicine,he passed his MBBS,medicine ain't easy o. I bet he gets unhappy when anyone mentions medicine to his hearing or he set his feet at the faculty or deal with cadavers
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by iamrealdeji(m): 6:56am On Jul 02, 2015
This boy's story is a lesson to parents who force their children to study a particular course,clerics always say that listen to your parents,is he to be blamed for listening to his parent? His father actually wasted his time,he's obviously brilliant,he's unserious,yet got to final year in medicine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Captain6(m): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2015
And he only realized that he could no longer cope with medicine, after 10 whole years,is just sounds ridiculous, no matter what, he should have held on,so sad. cry

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by generaliy07(m): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2015
Meanwhile, read part three of the Diary of the village boy, EVENING OF SHOCKS, get your Shock-resistant Vest on before reading, lol

https://samueliyanu./2015/07/02/diary-of-a-regular-village-boy-3-the-evening-of-shocks/
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by mistabiola: 7:20am On Jul 02, 2015
isolated:
rare

Deir village witch at work cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by edoyad(m): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2015
sofadj:
Very bold decision, he was begged by everybody including lecturers and his enemies to come write the final exam but he refused.

Years have gone by now but I still believe he made a wrong decision, he should have written the final exam, obtained his certificate as a doctor and then proceeded to study whatever he wished to study.

That way not only would he actualise his dream, that would probably make him the first doctor-journalist.

You.make a lot of sense but he wouldn't be the first. Sanjay Gupta on CNN and Manny Ramirez on fox already do that. Then look at Dr. Oz and the doctors show on TV too

chowlade:
very lazy student, loquacious is allowed though. 4 me there is no course in d Uni i cannot handle or dat i'll find difficut. all way na my way.

dis one na Omo jaiye jaiye na.
I despise people like you and I feel pity for individuals who have to cope with your kind

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by loomer: 7:21am On Jul 02, 2015
Scared of moving forward in life.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by ChelseaDr(m): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2015
the guy never talk true...ask him well well

With due respect, I dont think this guy has told us the whole story... if indeed he was 2 weeks to his 5th MB BS exam and then had to quit medicine for journalism then l find this very hard to beleive. He could have just sat for the exam, get the certificate and go ahead to shine in medical journalism like Dr Oz, The Doctors etc but to abandon med school just 2weeks to the final exam?? Nah nah nah...

Lagusta my brother l think this guy did not tell you the whole gist. l dont think this guy crossed 2nd MB BS (i.e 3rd year)... he probably did not make it and to avoid questions from his peeps he joined his colleagues to clinicals posing as a clinical student but decided to quit when there was nothing else to do and started giving the excuse of going after his passion....he is a smart guy.

However l wish well in his newly chosen profession.

3 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by amanze15(m): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2015
Pursuit of happiness cool

3 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by zendy: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2015
To quit medicine two weeks to final exam? That guy has spine made of steel.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Super101: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2015
Destiny diversion
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Samirana360(m): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2015
d tin 4rm village dey follow am.....eleyi gidi gan

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:24am On Jul 02, 2015
This Brain-less student must be high on the newly discovered "WEED PLANET" by NASA in the solar system.

How many LIKES/SHARES to support this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by OlafenwaMoses(m): 7:26am On Jul 02, 2015
WarRLaY:
this is village curse.,.

Han han? Abeg lets be kind . We all knew its due to lack of understanding from his parents side and he too as well. I understand he shouldn't have taken so long.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 02, 2015
chowlade:

wot's chemistry and geology mitcheew talkless of medcine.
talkless? You can't do English language.

3 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by OlafenwaMoses(m): 7:30am On Jul 02, 2015
Yomieluv:
One secret of making it in life,do what you love,and pray for God's grace.

Believe it,you will excel.

Not only what you love... One should have the right orientation as well. it helps to discover one's true potential and its direction....

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by zizirecords(m): 7:30am On Jul 02, 2015
I also studied medicine at the university of Ilorin many years ago and can confirm that there were many people who failed so much that they had to leave.

The interesting thing was that most of them went to Unilag and started performing well.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by FrankValency(m): 7:30am On Jul 02, 2015
the person wey do this guy this thing,dey dance shoki for their village now. he gave up too late joor,after seeing he's not graduating with any good result.

#this man son must not be a doctor

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by thorpido(m): 7:31am On Jul 02, 2015
He should have written the final exam first and do whatever he wanted after.
I know a few doctors who are into something else now.I know a lady who is into baking.

Medicine is not just about the certificate.It really involves a lot of commitment and discipline even after you have graduated.

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 02, 2015
He probably spent 10 years of his life cramming.

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Lincoln275(m): 7:34am On Jul 02, 2015
UNILORIN chemical don enter hm brain, rubbish decision, wish him well sha

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by kingdaxn: 7:35am On Jul 02, 2015
Naija here?
Mehn, I no fit believe joor#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Ake Agatha: The First Female SU President In Benue State University Makurdi / My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness / JAMB Twitter Handler's Grammatical Blunder Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.