Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam (46351 Views)

Final Year Student Of UNIZIK Dies From Malaria As Friends Mourn. Photos / Final Exam Pictures Of UNIUYO Business Management Students / 720 Intending Lawyers Fails Bar Final Exam.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 02, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
lol.. U wana compare Maths to Eco-Stat? U'r funny

You're kidding with this statement , right ?

Go read pure and applied mathematics , na then you go know say you jam something.

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by ChelseaDr(m): 8:45am On Jul 02, 2015
DrGabbi:

The whole story is all true. He did get to final year in medical school. He was even my mentor when I got admission to study medicine. When you hear him talk, you'd know that he belongs elsewhere. A very good orator. Wish him success in his new path!

No wahala my dear.....
He could just have had a little more patience after ten years..... but l truly wish him well ...he is already on his way to making first class... he should keep it up

on a lighter note...hope he will not wake up one day and start telling doctors that they are yeye people after all he had been to med school.... remember the fight going on?

Goodluck to him
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by trendphemmy(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2015
Venom104:
Medicine a profession for crammers.. Most of them aren't actually bright..

At least he gets to challenge himself under journalism
u will also cram the patients presentations, u will cram surgeries, amd u will cram to treat patients. well said. Try to be one and let's see how far u can go

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 02, 2015
chowlade:
very lazy student, loquacious is allowed though. 4 me there is no course in d Uni i cannot handle or dat i'll find difficut. all way na my way.

dis one na Omo jaiye jaiye na.
madam, he said it was due to the fact that he never had passion for medicine, if you don't have passion for something, how can you handle it,and you're here saying there's no course you can't handle, who asked you?

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 02, 2015
This man don deceive ona. He wasn't a medical student in the first place, his name wasn't on their list. Now he got aadmission, story don change cheesy

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by MirandaPrestly(f): 8:58am On Jul 02, 2015
Lagusta:

No ooo, he would pass it, because that was his last chance, and he was very popular in school....

But being a doctor is not just by having the certificate or whatever.....

It entails alot of things: commitment, discipline, respect for the medical elders, updating yourself always, in fact the medical career is killing....

Sometimes I also ask myself why I ventured into this stuff in the first place.....

Having read through all this, I do believe he did the right thing. Medicine isn't a profession to be taken lightly. What's important is not just passing exams, but being a committed doctor tomorrow.
I don't care if your father is a fisherman struggling to sponsor your education. If that passion for medicine isn't there, for the love of the innocent people you will encounter in the hospital wards tomorrow, change your course of study.
This prestige nonsense is the reason you have doctors who would rather put their hands in their pockets than respond to patients in need. I'm speaking from experience.
Personally I'd rather be treated by a Doctor Who loves what he does.

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 02, 2015
Sammyblake:
madam, he said it was due to the fact that he never had passion for medicine, if you don't have passion for something, how can you handle it,and you're here saying there's no course you can't handle, who asked you?

it simply means i can create passion for any course i'm giving. what are u saying? r u telling me Nigerian Students r being give d courses they have d passion for? should dat be an excuse for failure after ur parent has spent hard on u for 10yrs.

I knw wot i'm saying, Mr Man.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by ohimai83: 9:07am On Jul 02, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Scared of Maths? Oh! Plz.. All my ECN courses from 100 level to 400 level are Maths-infested.. Maths wud seem lyk 'ABC' when u'r studying Eco-Stat.. We apply maths in everything we do.. ever heard of "ECONOMETRICS"?
Have you ever done Real Analyses?
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 02, 2015
RiffRaff:
Nigerians and the "Certificate syndrome"
"he should have at least done the last exam so that he will get a certificate and be called Dr"
Then what?? A man said he doesnt want to be a Dr, he doesnt have passion for it & rightly dropped it.
I am proud of this guy. Being a Dr is much more than just carrying a certificate.
The 2 most important day in ur life are: the day u were born and the day u find yourself.
I remembered watchin Steve Job's talking about when he dropped out of school. He said "when u follow ur passion, all of your choices will begin to make sense"
Imagine if he were a Nigerian and this thread is about Steve Jobs that dropped out of university to study Caligraphy. Try to imagine the comments here.
That Caligraphy class didnt make sense then until years later when he used it for the font of the iPhone we all carry about now.
One of the reason why Nigeria is backward as a country is because so many people are stuck doin what they have no passion for. Many went to school & accepted any course they were given cuz they couldnt get the course they wanted. In the end, they pass through school like a zombie, acquire the paper wit empty zeal and go on to the industry to continue the rollercoaster of failure.
Have u been to our hospitals? Its a sorry sight, beyond the physical aspect, most of the medical workers have no passion or work ethic, that is why they dont make break through here while other countries are breaking new grounds in medcine. We only learn to copy & do follow follow.
Most people live their lives for others unconsciously:
"What will people say if i drop out"
"Let me just get the certificate so they will call me a Dr"

Congrats to the guy for not conforming. A gud thing he followed his passion. Now he has excelled at it.
I wish him all the best in this endavour.

Another wise comment, Nigeria have an illiterate mentality, is not all about the certificate, up still now, I am not using my certificate even doe I didn't school in Nigeria.

as you said, is just what you like doing with passion.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by olivino(m): 9:13am On Jul 02, 2015
Wat is even so special about being a medicine student dat is making some pple here to say he made a wrong decision leaving it. I guess maybe it is their dream course.
This is very rampant in our universities. Students re failing nt because dey re nt brilliant but because dey re in the wrong places.
If u listen to some students u will feel sorry for dem, because dey re trying to please their parents.
I think he just defeated his greatest fear and even his enemies.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 02, 2015
Sammyblake:

THAT GIRL SOUND LIKE A SMALL CHILD, I BET SHE IS STILL IN HER SECONDARY SCHOOL ( MAYBE SS 2)

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 02, 2015
Your story would have been more beautiful if you had done your final exams in medschool, obtained MBBS degree; and then proceeded to pursue your dream in journalism. And most outstanding journalists, the world over, did not necessarily have a first degree in Mass Communication. Wrong move.
Funny enough I knew this guy in MEDSCHL.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 02, 2015
chowlade:

it simply means i can create passion for any course i'm giving. what are u saying? r u telling me Nigerian Students r being give d courses they have d passion for? should dat be an excuse for failure after ur parent has spent hard on u for 10yrs.

I knw wot i'm saying, Mr Man.
create passion for any course? lol that's not possible.. u said you studied maths, cam you create passion for English? You go just fail like goat or do you think because it's English, it's gonna be easy?... There's nothing wrong with what he did, although he should have written the final exams bt all in all there's nothing wrong, it's nw when he does the mass communication and fails, that's when something is wrong so stop judging pple. .
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by tpiander: 9:32am On Jul 02, 2015
Sammyblake:
There's nothing wrong with what he did, .

just because he did it, doesnt make it right.

besides, he obviously has other reasons which he isnt disclosing.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Alexander001(m): 9:34am On Jul 02, 2015
Thavybe:
God help you if you are thrown in departments like geology, chemistry and bio-chemistry in OAU.
hmm, bro e be like say na witches and wizards full the department for naija. Same with geology, chemistry, physics, political science and agriculture in unical

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by ElPhoche(m): 9:37am On Jul 02, 2015
5minsmadness:

I disagree with you 50%.
The moment you get your medical certificate it'd like a one way speeding train into the medical world and you can hardly stop for anything until one day you wake up and realise you are deeply embedded in a profession you hate with passion and by then it might be too late. People will keep asking you "ah but you have the medical certificate already na, why not continue the practice." It might actually have been easier for him to do what he did than write the final exam and probably seal his fate forever.

The guy courageous sha.
My dear, I totally disagree with you, 100%. It is not a one way speeding train. You can simply choose not to practise. Nobody will force you to. A lot of people have done that. I know about 3 people in my class who said they will not practise.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Alexander001(m): 9:38am On Jul 02, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Scared of Maths? Oh! Plz.. All my ECN courses from 100 level to 400 level are Maths-infested.. Maths wud seem lyk 'ABC' when u'r studying Eco-Stat.. We apply maths in everything we do.. ever heard of "ECONOMETRICS"?
I feel you bro...I did statistics in physics and hated everything abt statistics.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:39am On Jul 02, 2015
zeyney:

Nonsense 4rm A Brainless Pesin

You must be a kid of 15 years? Have i ever spoke to you on this forum?? I now see you are a very misleaded "BUSY BODY".

Crying! I pity your boyfriend or husband.

Stop exhibiting bad character! Stop exhibiting bad character!! Stop exhibiting bad character!!!
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by adadadon(m): 9:40am On Jul 02, 2015
chowlade:

wot's in chemistry and geology mitcheew talk less of medicine.
Geology on paper is four years in oau but in reality is 5+
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 02, 2015
Alexander001:
hmm, bro e be like say na witches and wizards full the department for naija. Same with geology, chemistry, physics, political science and agriculture in unical
lwkmd, all the course wey you mention terrible for OAU. dem go just sidon on-top person CGPA
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 02, 2015
he waited till 29 years before he became a man?
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by gayeobasan(m): 9:41am On Jul 02, 2015
This is my opinion on this matter,I believe he should have just written his final papers, obtain his medical certificate and hand the certificate to his father and then proceed or follow his passion as it were after all after that was what his father wanted.I sincerely admire your courage. May God continually guide in your new endeavor in Jesus Christ name
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by SirAweezy(m): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2015
OMG! Unwise decision honestly... What stops you from writing your exam graduating and then proceed to study whatever..... Father lord please don't let any of my generation be this foolish!

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by tpiander: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2015
he'll probably just write it later.

he may have been warned not to take the final.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by esau0007(m): 9:46am On Jul 02, 2015
JewelRegi:
May dat was not his destiny or God's plan for his life. But wht took him so long to realize
all iz wellllllllll
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Jasperwhizz(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2015
THANK GOD FOR YOU!
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Luukasz(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2015
chowlade:
very lazy student, loquacious is allowed though. 4 me there is no course in d Uni i cannot handle or dat i'll find difficut. all way na my way.
dis one na Omo jaiye jaiye na.
The Race isnt for the Swift nor D Battle for D Strong.
I hate people who brag,even D Ingenious Student wl find it difficult or even be a failure in some Departments.
U say dere's no course in D Uni dat U cant study,cn U study Radiography,Molecular Biology or GeoPhysics etc??
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by damiloladuke: 9:50am On Jul 02, 2015
very nice decisions

HOW I PRANKED THE GIRL THAT WANTED TO CHOP MY MONEY www.nairaland.com/2414463/how-pranked-girl-wanted-2chop
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Profcamsey(m): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2015
Lagusta:

Well, you are right tho....

But thank God he is happy doing what he is doing now.....
lagusta big Doctor, u didn't answer my question on the medical thread.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 02, 2015
Luukasz:
The Race isnt for the Swift nor the Battle for the Strong.
I hate people who brag even the Ingenious Student will find it difficult or even be a failure in some Departments.
You say there's no course in the Uni that U cant study,can u study Radiography,Molecular Biology or GeoPhysics etc??
People studing them r they frm Jupiter or Mars? they just like u and I.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by idonbilivit(m): 9:55am On Jul 02, 2015
Smh

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Pamelayoung: 9:56am On Jul 02, 2015
Tnx 2 ur creator dat u'r not a woman, u wudn't have had the time 2b switch ing 4rm one course 2 another. Shld have watched d movie a lot earlier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Ake Agatha: The First Female SU President In Benue State University Makurdi / Ahmadu Bello University Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session / “I Am In The Bus” Or “I Am On The Bus”: Which Is Correct?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.