Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,748 members, 7,802,290 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG (30668 Views)

FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate / OAU Students Protest Non-Payment Of Workers' Salaries (photos) / We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by ochallo: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
Welcome development.. especially the tertiary institutions. the money these Universities make from students annually is enough to cover all the recurrent expenditures of the school but government pays for all that, while the school management embezzles the money they collect from students

Really, you mean the N50 - 100K that is paid in the university by maybe about 20 k - 50k students is what a whole university would run on for a year. Do your statistics?

I don't see anything wrong in the federal government paying to run primary schools that would train the children and make education a right. As for the secondary school, they can argue that the federal government already runs FGC but i don't know the argument for primary schools.

We are becoming a set of people that oppresses and cheats our young ones.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:38am On Jul 02, 2015
The federal universities that established staff schools should fund them. If they can't or find it inconvenient, they should hand them over to the state governments. Moremi High School, OAU, Ile-Ife used to be owned by OAU when it's established in the 1960's, today it's owned by the Osun State Government. The University now has its own OAU International School established by the University and run by it. Their fees are higher than those of undergraduates.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Bibidear(f): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2015
paulo220:
did u know who suffer it most?
its d university that runs d skool not the government
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Potch: 8:43am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
enemy of this country blindfolded by lies and stupidity. Those lawmakers that were given billions for wardrobe allowance those crooks did they deserve it? When mere , common and petty civilians that voted them there will now face the tune of their music. Now in that schools , most of them voted for change and change has come. Oya carry go change train.

What the current crop of legislatures are earning is provided for in our Constitution. One of the cardinal goals of Buhari government is to reduce the cost of governance in all the tiers of government. david Mark was reported to have kicked against reducing legislatures wages and emolument. Why that is Buhari's handiwork is what I fail to understand.
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Visocrate(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2015
I don't think that this government knows what change is all about you can't pay salaries of the brain boxes of the nation because N4billion is said to be accumulated annually but you can foolishly,stupidly and Ramishly pay legislathieves N9 billion for just wardrobes in a slip of a fiñger I pity this nation state called Nigeria .
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Spybradd: 8:51am On Jul 02, 2015
What do u expect from a certificateless west german? This is such a huge dullard.inho approach! Anti education.

Change dullaolaolulazio'aro's gorilla talkin' anus.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Visocrate(m): 8:57am On Jul 02, 2015
these thieves making these laws send their kids abroad to school with our money and advise her government not to pay salaries of staff in a bid to claim ungratifying glory. You guys want federal schools to be un-enrollable the gods of education will visit you people one after the other and mercilessly deal you fools
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by MyMentor: 8:58am On Jul 02, 2015
Bt past administration hv been paying it.
Change 4 u!
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 02, 2015
What of those receiving warddrobe allowances annd all that shi''? So those managing will be starved while the potbellies get more juices?huh! Changii indeed!
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Visocrate(m): 9:03am On Jul 02, 2015
shadowgwalker:
What of those receiving warddrobe allowances annd all that shi''? So those managing will be starved while the potbellies get more juices?huh! Changii indeed!
just leave those educated illiterates and anti-economic growth demons to be ranting and exercising their illiteracy publicly this government is already cursed, change change this is the change we see and get disappointed after going to stand under the sun just to vote for a change in governance in government this is the reward
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 02, 2015
Chai. CHANGE finally hurting the town criers of Change .
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by begwong: 9:05am On Jul 02, 2015
donsmall94:
K
King kokonut head
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 02, 2015
I agree with FG on this one and it's a welcome development. The Universities should cater for the recurrent expenditure of their staff schools, since they collect exorbitant fees from their students. I'm aware the students of International School, Ibadan(ISI), pay more than 50k as tuition fee and boarders pay much more than that. Their A-levels students pay more than 230k. ISI is a secondary and A-level school meant University of Ibadan staff.
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 02, 2015
I agree with FG on this one and it's a welcome development. The Universities should cater for the recurrent expenditure of their staff schools, since they collect exorbitant fees from their students. I'm aware the students of International School, Ibadan(ISI), pay more than 50k as tuition fee and boarders pay much more than that. Their A-levels students pay more than 230k. ISI is a secondary and A-level school meant for University of Ibadan staff.
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 02, 2015
Jiouras:
Shoroniyen?

man.. ur signature just ended my one week problem... so cool.
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Jorussia(m): 9:22am On Jul 02, 2015
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by abdrazak: 9:26am On Jul 02, 2015
People are misqouting this cut off.
There is different between Federal Government Schools (FGCs), Federal Universities Staff Schools and Legislature. FGCs are being financed and managed by the federal government while Federal Universities Staff School are to be managed and maintained by its founder i.e Universities.
1. Why can FG be paying workers of Federal Universities Staff school when they are not the one managing them.
2. Where is the school fees of those staff school going? Because some are paying a huge sum of money.
3. Is FG benefitting from the pay? If no why would they pay the salary of those workers?
I support the FG in this.
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Foxie: 9:27am On Jul 02, 2015
You're sounding this way because it doesn't(won't) affect you. By this action the FG is bent on taking,many members of staff of such staff Secondary and Primary Schools will be laid off because the tertiary institutions won't be able to shoulder all of their bills. Also look at it this way, someone that has worked there for over 13years and is now on a salary scale of about 120k-200k will receive a drastic reduction in salary,because our tertiary institutions can't bear that huge sum. Please be considerate while you make some comments. Truth be told if this nation is to move forward in terms of our finances,our legislators salaries should be reviewed and reduced,what actually are they doing to earn that much,remember we voted them in to work for us and not to cart away with huge sums of money, even people that risk their lives so much on their jobs don't earn that much!
sanky346:
For the first time, I agree with the Federal Government on this. The Universities established the staff schools themselves as part of their internal operations and they should fund it. If the Universities should establish a business Centre within the school, will they be expecting the Federal government to still pick up the bills? Let's be reasonable. And for those talking about wardrobe allowance for legislators, it is not related to this issue in any way
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Jorussia(m): 9:31am On Jul 02, 2015
ochallo:

Really, you mean the N50 - 100K that is paid in the university by maybe about 20 k - 50k students is what a whole university would run on for a year. Do your statistics?

I don't see anything wrong in the federal government paying to run primary schools that would train the children and make education a right. As for the secondary school, they can argue that the federal government already runs FGC but i don't know the argument for primary schools.

We are becoming a set of people that oppresses and cheats our young ones.
my brother, i guess you are kid,because you are not making sense at all.The last time i know the school fees of UDSS(UNIBEN)which was about 4years ago,they charge #50,000 per term,in benin city,as at that time,you rarely see a private secondary school that charge #50000 and above per term.I was shocked when i saw the staffs of this university protesting against the planned decision by govt sometime in may,because i Nv thought in my wildest imagination that it was govt that was paying the staffs of the school.We stop encouraging wastages in this country.mind you,there many students attending udss who are not staff children.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by haconjy(m): 9:34am On Jul 02, 2015
ascaris:
When the same government is paying millions of naira to legisfighters for dressing allowance? Poor man dey collect N20k now don become waste for government eye.

u r right but does that mean they must pay for your life, sheet too?
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by haconjy(m): 9:37am On Jul 02, 2015
Foxie:
You're sounding this way because it doesn't(won't) affect you. By this action the FG is bent on taking,many members of staff of such staff Secondary and Primary Schools will be laid off because the tertiary institutions won't be able to shoulder all of their bills. Also look at it this way, someone that has worked there for over 13years and is now on a salary scale of about 120k-200k will receive a drastic reduction in salary,because our tertiary institutions can't bear that huge sum. Please be considerate while you make some comments. Truth be told if this nation is to move forward in terms of our finances,our legislators salaries should be reviewed and reduced,what actually are they doing to earn that much,remember we voted them in to work for us and not to cart away with huge sums of money, even people that risk their lives so much on their jobs don't earn that much!

pls who collect the school fess? as in which pocket does the school fees goes? govt or school admi.

visit www.haconjy..com

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Jorussia(m): 9:38am On Jul 02, 2015
Foxie:
I guess you are one of the staff there or may be your relative is teaching there?Anyway, we as a nation, can no longer tolerate wastage. You reason it,the schools are not free,they charge high fees,and not all students attending these schools are children staff,and yet the govt is paying the salaries of workers?

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by biggy1528: 9:46am On Jul 02, 2015
Na wa ooo, d huge school fees wey dey collect wentin dey do wit ? Soonest private schools wil soon demand FG should pay der staff. Naija

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Xano(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2015
In order words, Federal(State inclusive) primary and secondary schools tuition fees will increase to pay staffs in each of the schools. Interesting.
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Foxie: 9:49am On Jul 02, 2015
haconjy:

pls who collect the school fess? as in which pocket does the school fees goes? govt or school admi.

visit www.haconjy..com
You forget that the same money is used for the day to day runnning of the school? Are you actually saying that the money generated from school fees will be enough to pay all members of staff of such Primary and Secondary schools,inclusive of both teaching and non-teaching staff? Think again!
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Foxie: 9:56am On Jul 02, 2015
Do they pay higher fees than private schools?what high fees are you really talking about?I also guess you're not in the system,don't sound like you know what's happening in there.
Jorussia:
I guess you are one of the staff there or may be your relative is teaching there?Anyway, we as a nation, can no longer tolerate wastage. You reason it,the schools are not free,they charge high fees,and not all students attending these schools are children staff,and yet the govt is paying the salaries of workers?
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Jorussia(m): 9:58am On Jul 02, 2015
Foxie:
Do they pay higher fees than private schools?what high fees are you really talking about?I also guess you're not in the system,don't sound like you know what's happening in there.
In Benin city here,UDSS(uniben)charge higher fees than over 80% of daily private school fees payment.
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by shigoslim(m): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2015
I swear na yoluba go tire ooooooooo hey ! hey ! hey change indeed
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by shigoslim(m): 10:15am On Jul 02, 2015
Many worker will be lay off .........
I see a greater unemployment in this country.... Mumu they plenty for naija the school fees you are paying is it not government taking it back to their pocket.
Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Kollyman: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2015
This is a welcome idea.

All these staff schools are huge money making ventures for the institutions and I can also tell you that the school fees charged in those schools most especially for non staff children are so high. Unilag Staff school (Unilag Int. Secondary Sch.) charge as high as over 700k per session.

Same in Yaba Tech, UNIPORT, UNIABUJA, YABALEFT (Psycho)and some other institutions across the country. If they make such amount of money, why should the government be the one paying for their staff

The funny thing is that, the institution authority cannot even clearly account for the money made by the schools.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Pay Staff Schools Workers’ Salaries Again – FG by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 02, 2015
Government waste lots of money and it should be checked. The fact is those schools are run as private schools and the institutions that established them should fund it. It is strictly a private establishment of the institutions and should be treated as such. Government has no business with that whatsoever

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Debo Adedayo, Expelled Redeemer’s University Student: "VC Angry Over Award" / Download Cowbell Mathematics Past Ques & Answers Free Of Charge [2009-2019] Here / Cow Goes On The Loose In Covenant University, Attacks Passers-by (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.