Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons (4593 Views)

My President Is Been Humble And Liberal, A Rare And True Leaders Last Advise / It Is Better To Support A Liberal Man Thsn Buhari / Yabatech's School Of Liberal Studies Is On Fire (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by deb(m): 5:08pm On Mar 03, 2009
State your reasons and please don't attack anyone.
You are all entitled to your own opinion.

For me, I think Yorubas are more liberal and detribalized because of their sense
of judgement even in time of conflict with somebody who is not of their ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by asha80(m): 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2009
Enjoy, grin tongue
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by deb(m): 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2009
Wondering what "enjoy" means in this context?
Curious
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by youngies(m): 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2009
"Enjoy" here means continue ravishing yourself in delusion  cool
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by asha80(m): 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2009
Nothing do you   tongue

Youngies abeg tell am grin
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Ibime(m): 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2009
Edo are the most liberal cos they share their girls with everyone. cool

Ijaw are the most detribalised cos they have been sharing their oil with everyone for the last 50 years.  cool

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Fhemmmy: 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2009
This is a question that can have so many twist to it.
Withink Nigeria, i will say Yorubas are, and that is all cos they rather team up against other tribes, and they are more open to accepts other, however, i am not sure why, but could be cos they are more educated and well exposed, cos dem be bookworms

Outside Nigeria, i think the easterners are better, they have each others back while yorubas seems to like to compete against each other and against other tribe, a yoruba man will sell a fellow yoruba man for a piece of white woman's a$$ and that is a shame.

I wish i am wrong sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by deb(m): 5:26pm On Mar 03, 2009
@ Youngie @ asha
Like I stated earlier. You are entitled to your opinion so am I.

@ibime
Found your opinion interesting. I can't help laughing. Nice one

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by CrudeOil2(m): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2009
The minorities are more detribalised than the majorities. Examples are the urhobos, ogojas, kalabaris.
The only detribalised majority ethnic group are the igbos.

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2009
tpia:

personally, I'd consider the Edos, Calabars and most Deltans, more detribalized than other parts of Nigeria.

On the other hand, define "detribalized".

Is delta a tribe?
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2009
Igbos are not as liberal as the yorubas, but when it comes to being detribalized then the Igbos are no1
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2009
tpia:

I meant the people of Delta state.

there are lots of them, you got to be a little more specific.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2009
None, Nigerians like to identify at the most micro levels.
Hence the rampant tribalism evident
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2009
tpia:

are you unfamiliar with Delta state?

why should I be more specific?

who knows you could be talking about igbo's, ijaws or urhobo's etc.

I don't think there is any detribalized Nigerian group. we all crawl to our ethnic enclaves in times of dispute.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2009
tpia:

and why is it so hard for you to believe I could be referring to most of the groups in Delta state?

Are you that tribal?

I felt you could be more specific, The Niger Delta has many ethnic groups.

Lets just agree to disagree since this is getting personal.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 6:08pm On Mar 03, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2009
tpia:

You're overly sensitive, btw. You're too quick to take things personal.

we shall agree to disagree. maybe the OP should replace tribe with state
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2009
tpia:

yes, we should.

In the meantime, why were you asking about Urhobos if you say you thought I was referring to the Niger Delta.

Delta is part of the Niger Delta and it's known for being heterogeneous.

You guys can have fun deciding who is detribalized or not.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Hotstepper(f): 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2009
waooo, Tpia, Dela State is not a tribe but can be considered Easterners depending wat town it is or over all as NIGER DELTA
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 6:20pm On Mar 03, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2009
tpia:

when you're talking about oil, plz.

Oil had nothing to do with my post, therefore when I say Delta I mean Delta state. If I want to say Niger Delta I'll do so.

Bawomolo meant no harm. The thread reads "What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? "
and not "What State Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? "
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Hotstepper(f): 6:23pm On Mar 03, 2009
it gat nothing to do with Oil,  that is how Nigeria is divided, you cant tell me that Imo State is a tribe for example
There are 12 tribes in Delta state. Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa are the three states that make up core niger delta While Edo, Abia, Imo, Akwa ibom, Calabar, Ogun make up the greater niger delta
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Hotstepper(f): 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2009
The bottom line is that DELTA STATE aint a tribe of its own cuz its not homogenous but heterogenus with 12 tribes present

okay Tpia, we get now tongue
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2009
tpia:

when you're talking about oil, plz.

Oil had nothing to do with my post, therefore when I say Delta I mean Delta state. If I want to say Niger Delta I'll do so.

it has nothing to do with oil, The old Bendel included Edo and Delta state. Why do you think oil is the only thing that links them? that's like saying ijesha people in Oyo are different from ijesha people in Osun.

I'm referring to the tribes in Delta State

but what makes delta igbo's less tribalized than other igbos for example undecided
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Sauron1: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2009
Ibime:

Edo are the most liberal cos they share their girls with everyone.  cool

Ijaw are the most detribalised cos they have been sharing their oil with everyone for the last 50 years.  cool

Ibime, don't make me drop-kick your jaw.
Ijaw are the most liberal?? U are taking the piss, mate!!!
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Hotstepper(f): 6:28pm On Mar 03, 2009
@bawomolo, datz a good questions cuz about 3 or so towns in Delta speaks Igbo, lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos / Niger Delta Govs Blew N7.3tr In 13 Years Clark / APC: Ngige For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.