Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode (14624 Views)

China Exim Bank Approves N408bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project / Recession: African Development Bank Approves $600m Loan To Support Nigeria.. / PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by chesterlee(m): 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
The Board of Executive Directors of the World Bank has approved $200m (about N39.4bn) credit to Lagos State to support a range of reforms relating to fiscal sustainability, budget planning, budget execution and the investment climate in the state.

A statement issued by the bank on Wednesday said the facility would help sustain the state’s recent economic growth and poverty reduction, while helping it to continue to deliver social services to the expanding population.

The credit from the International Development Association segment of the World Bank Group supports the Third Lagos State Development Policy Operation and is the last of a series of two development policy operations, which aim to improve public finances and the investment climate in a fiscally sustainable manner.

In the past decade, Lagos State achieved significant economic growth, improved its infrastructure and services, significantly reduced crime, and brought millions of people out of poverty, the bank said.

The World Bank Task Team Leader for the project, Jariya Hoffman, said with enhanced budget transparency and efficiency, adequate funding could be shifted to programmes to benefit the state’s booming population, especially the poorest families.

“The operation’s focus on furthering improvements in the transparency of the budget system, effectiveness of public expenditures, and the business climate will help sustain the pace of economic growth and thus the state’s positive momentum towards income equality and the delivery of public services,” he said.

The World Bank Country Director for Nigeria, Marie-Francoise Marie-Nelly, said, “This operation is designed to assist Lagos State in its quest to continue its recent success in spite of the challenges brought on by rapid economic and population growth.

“As an urban agglomeration that has reduced income inequality during double digit economic growth, Lagos is an example of inclusive growth in Nigeria. If the Lagos experience is sustained, there is strong potential for this type of inclusive growth to spread to other parts of Nigeria.”

According to the bank, the operation will enhance the state government’s fiscal sustainability by anchoring the budget on a framework that accounts for key fiscal risks and improves revenue collection. Support for adopting a new approach to budget planning and preparation will ensure adequate allocation of budgetary resources to social services such as education and health.

source: www.punchng.com/news/world-bank-approves-n39-4bn-loan-for-lagos/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by INTROVERT(f): 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
Yesterday it was for wike, today it's for ambode, tommorow might be my turn.

But wait

support a range of
reforms relating to fiscal sustainability, budget
planning, budget execution and the investment
climate in the state.

Not even for capital projects undecided

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Olamitisoji(m): 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Captial Project? INTROVERT don't you know Ambode will share the money with so many people so how the money go fit do Capital Project. Nigerian Politicians deceiving themselves since 13BC.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by oyindare(m): 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Just in case....who go pay back.? What do I no grin

3 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Ndkings1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
Yea

1 Like

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by poiZon: 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
2moro dere they wil say na wike borrow pass. nothin 2 say bt eko nibaje ooooo

4 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
They have not paid what fashola borrowed. Now his younger brother has started borrowing. In all this, their father pockets the internally generated revenue while his sons borrow externally

Click like below

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Sparrow13: 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Let the change begin

3 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by glimpse33(m): 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
angry Why Ambode?

Such a huge sum of money for him to embezzle! sad

14 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by asumo12: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2015

gbese re ooooooooooooooo

angry angry angry

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by vivypretty(f): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
u v been given today remember to pay bk someday

1 Like

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Ama80(f): 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
Tinubu can borrow u dat money all u need is sign Lagos state as collateral.But if he is broke then Lagos is on a long thing bcs both of u will squander dat loan.i rest my case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Dannyset(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
Can they atleast borrow to empower the powerless Youths? because if dis doesn't translate to the betterment of the youth, na still waste oo.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by chesterlee(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
So ambode met an empty treasury but fear no let am talk...

cc Lalasticlala ishilove

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
For wat!!!
So LASG sef dey owe debt

my.notjustok.com/track/22684/

1 Like

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Edwardhead(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
[size=15pt]Wike borrowed APC fanatics dey shout

now that Ambode don do so, wetin una go do...

anyway

in PMB/VYO I stand gidigba[/size]

17 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
for wat?!! The money too much na..
my.notjustok.com/track/22684/
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by LeOstrich: 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
"To collect dey sweet but to pay nah another thing" - AregbeRascal 2015

14 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Neduzze5(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hmm.... If you see Tinubu's hand in this, just like i do, please click like!! wink

27 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by rattlesnake(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
Tinubu chop on.....TMM....too much money!!!!

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by GabrielSuswam(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
The Loan is for which of Tinubu's Firm pls..
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Maintech: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
He should ve borrowed from EL Rufai. #JustSayinng

4 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin grin grin grin....let the borrowing continue.. wink

3 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by thefakestan: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
That means Lagos state in indebted to the tune of over 480 billion naira.

Wow. That's over 2 billion dollars, locally and internationally. shocked shocked

ThefakeStan

5 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by Neduzze5(m): 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
IzonOwei:
grin grin grin grin....let the borrowing continue.. wink

Hehehe.... Tinubu is acting through his boy Ambode!!

4 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by doublewisdom: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
APC!

6 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by naijainfogalery: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
In as much as i dont like states borrowing but i think it might be for the good , and i hate Nigerian media, news like this hardly becomes a big deal in western countries, but our media just write things that will draw peoples attention to buy their papers

1. Lagos is the highest revenue generating State in Nigeria, which means they are not using the money they borrow to pay salaries, they are using money to built investments and assets.
- I might be wrong, lagos state has one of the biggest states farms in Nigeria, Lagos States has farms scattered all over the South east state like Ogun, Osun , Ondo and even Lagos these are the kind of money they use to build these facilities.
- Lagos has one of the biggest Government owned estates in Nigeria where do you think they got most of those money
- Lagos govt is building world class infrastructures that will drive investors into Nigeria

So if the Government borrows money for development it can be justifiable compared t when they borrow to pay salaries or to run the govt.
But all the same, they should be careful and avoid wastage,

And i think In the next 5 to 10 years the money that a States Like Lagos will be generating it will almost be life half of what Nigeria as a country is generating. Plus i think lagos has the capacity to pay back those loan if those money are not wasted

5 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by jaybee3(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
Who is guaranteeing these loans?

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by applord: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin grin grin grin

[size=15pt]AMBO O!
AMBO TI DE !
[/size]

THI(EVE)NUFU needs the money to fight SARAKI after wasting BILLIONS on PMB'S ELECTION.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by kamez(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
eko O o ni baje based on borrowing tins.

naija govt too like borrow.

haba borrowing since Independence day

4 Likes

Re: World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode by ITbomb(m): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
More debts

jaybee3:
Who is guaranteeing these loans?
Niger Delta oil and the hope of oil production cos any other sources of revenue (igr) are channelled to Tinubu

12 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC To Deal With Staff Who Decorated Ekweremadu ‘anti-corruption Ambassador' / It Is Unlawful To Send The Fulani Herdsmen Out Of Delta - Okowa / Africa Is Lazy About Diversification: Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.