Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss (12459 Views)

"Northern Governors Have Abandoned Buhari Because Of VP Slot" - Arewa Youths / Governors Have No Right To Reduce Minimum Wage – FG / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by smemud(m): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
The Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) on Thursday, expressed worry over the delay by some state governors to declare their assets, one month after assuming office.

The Chairman of CCB, Mr Sam Saba, expressed the concern in an interview with NAN in Abuja.

He, however, said the bureau had no problem with members of the National Assembly over assets declaration.
He added: “let me say that we really don’t have problem with members of the National Assembly as far as assets declaration is concerned.
“Also, the president and the vice-president declared their assets before they took oath of office in compliance with schedule seven of the constitution.

“The people we are having problem with now are some governors, but I cannot be categorical in terms of statistics except I confirm.”
Saba said he had demanded to know the number of governors that had declared their assets from state directors of the bureau.
The CCB boss then blamed the delay by some governors to declare their assets to their failure to study the constitution.

He said “the governors are not even supposed to start work as political office holders until they declare their assets.
“It is provided in Section 185 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.

“It reads that; a person elected to the office of a governor of a state shall not begin to perform the function of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities.”

Saba said that in spite of the fact that the section made assets declaration prelude to taking oath of office, some governors took over office without declaring their assets because of ignorance.

“It is not like they are not willing to declare, but because of the erroneous impression that they have up to three months within which to declare their assets and liabilities.

“But the issue is that they are supposed to have declared before being sworn in as governors.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/02/governors-have-refused-to-declare-their-assets-says-bureau-boss/
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by ifeanyija(m): 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
They don't knw hw much they have

9 Likes

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by seedgreen(m): 1:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
Following
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
I rep #transformation

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Bibidear(f): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
Kip on waiting

1 Like

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by temitemi1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
Some1 should Please notify me wn #BabaOneChance n his mere commissioner VP. Finally declare their assets cool cool

23 Likes

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Starships4u(m): 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
Why would the when the CIC has not publicly done his...... Ah weak for this country.... Abeg make una play by the rules....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Starships4u(m): 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
Declaring assets doesn't make corruption vanish.....

1 Like

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Mogidi: 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
They're probably waiting for Buhari to publicly declare his own first.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:
They're probably waiting for Buhari to publicly declare his own first.
U dey see Buhari for dream?

4 Likes

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Mogidi: 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

U dey see Buhari for dream?

You self dey see GEJ abi?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by paul288yahoo(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
ghxfgj

1 Like

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
LEFT....
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:

You self dey see GEJ abi?
I no see trailer wey park, na the driver I go come see?
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by tobtap: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
they are all criminals anyway....but incase they want to launder the money ...i can be of help grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by asumo12: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2015

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by williams368(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
Criminals
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by anonimi: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2015

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by seunwen2(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
FP
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Cyriloha(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by DONMAYOR19(m): 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
blame the head. I meant triple D.

5 Likes

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by UnknownT: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
They would have amassed more wealth within the "three months" which they will now declare as theirs. Just like 2 of them have already been allowed to borrow 30billion. When the money comes, they can now declare some part of the loans as their money to the CCB

7 Likes

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Cyriloha(m): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bro did you you mean jersey number 10 and his keeper......sorry I mean President Buhari and smiggle his client grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Holyfield1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
Ik
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by ADEWEBS(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
why? I do not blame them... They say, FOLLOW YOUR LEADER .... Leader is yet to declare his own... Daddy Bubu, is this the change you promised us??

5 Likes

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by seangy4konji: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
what do you need their asset foris it your own

kikikiki
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by GoldStandard: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
Some have already started borrowing billions without publicly declaring their assets..

Welcome to Nigeria.. where nothing is made to work, not even the Constitution!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by Lifebender(m): 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
Well what can i say
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by millionaireman: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
When the river is muddy from its head, the rest of the river remains muddy. Has PMB declared as required?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by samintegrity(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
angry
Re: Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss by cococandy(f): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
millionaireman:
When the river is muddy from its head, the rest of the river remains muddy. Has PMP declared as required?
exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Celebrates Her 62nd Birthday Today! / Rivers APC Expels Assembly Minority Leader / Defected Lawmakers Are Like Malaria Parasites In APC’s Body – Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.