Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? (34797 Views)

Is Marriage Really The Answer? / Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read / What Can I Do To Let My Wife Wake Up Early? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by Joromi1: 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
It's a Nigerian phenomenon that when you marry at a very young age, you'll avoid the stress and pain of raising your kids at old age. If that is only reason then the idea is useless because one needs to be mature and financially strong enough before taking decisions towards that

22 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by kelvyn7: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Yes ooo. the earlier the beta. U will watch ur children get married and have children sef, and their children have children too right before ur eyes.

but if u wait too much, hmmmm. U will be like some men I know, 62yrs and their first child is in primary sch grin

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by Joromi1: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
kelvyn7:
Yes ooo.
Sorry bro, it's not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by coogar: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
Joromi1:
It's a Nigerian phenomenon that when u marry at a very young age, u'll avoid the stress and pain of raising ur kids at old age. If that is only reason then the idea is useless because one needs to be mature and financially strong enough before taking decisions towards that

early marriage does not guarantee early raising of kids. there are people who got married early & waited decades before they could bear a child.

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by Joromi1: 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

early marriage does not guarantee early raising of kids. there are people who got married early & waited decades before they could bear a child.
You're right, sir. But that's the only music our parents love to sing nowadays. They tell u 'marry early so u can train ur kids in time' without considering other factors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by TheFLIRT(m): 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
Joromi1:
It's a Nigerian phenomenon that when u marry at a very young age, u'll avoid the stress and pain of raising ur kids at old age. If that is only reason then the idea is useless because one needs to be mature and financially strong enough before taking decisions towards that
Our parents are wise. The advantages in early marriage still outweigh the disadvantages

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by Joromi1: 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheFLIRT:

Our parents are wise. The advantages in early marriage still outweigh the disadvantages
Which are?

3 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by coogar: 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
Joromi1:

You're right, sir. But that's the only music our parents love to sing nowadays. They tell u 'marry early so u can train ur kids in time' without considering other factors

that should only apply to the ladies. they have a limited window of opportunity cos of menopause. even if she's not mature enough, the society expects her hubby to fill in the gap.

however, a guy must be financially sound & emotionally mature before he should be allowed to marry. nigerian parents should just chill out before they send their sons to an early grave.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by Joromi1: 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

that should only apply to the ladies. they have a limited window of opportunity cos of menopause. even if she's not mature enough, the society expects her hubby to fill in the gap.

however, a guy must be financially sound & emotionally mature before he should be allowed to marry. nigerian parents should just chill out before they send their sons to an early grave.
Funny but true grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by bukatyne(f): 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
It is

1 Like

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by TheFLIRT(m): 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
Joromi1:

Which are?
Like the one you mentioned: raising kids in time to avoid old age stress. I know early marriage doesn't guarantee giving birth to kids in time but late marriage too doesn't! It's all about being mature at heart. Do you know some people marry late because they can't tolerate their partners? Guy, I can advise any man to get married even before 25

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by coogar: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheFLIRT:

Like the one you mentioned: raising kids in time to avoid old age stress. I know early marriage doesn't guarantee giving birth to kids in time but late marriage too doesn't! It's all about being mature at heart. Do you know some people marry late because they can't tolerate their partners? Guy, I can advise any man to get married even before 25

even when he doesn't have the means & the emotional maturity to sustain that marriage? no wonder the revolving doors of poverty never left nigeria.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by tpiander: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
Joromi1:

What's it to you?
Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by TheFLIRT(m): 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

even when he doesn't have the means & the emotional maturity to sustain that marriage? no wonder the revolving doors of poverty never left nigeria.
Lol! I didn't say that. But if a man has the means he shud marry at 25, no excuse. It won't stop him from enjoying social life or furthering his education

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by tpiander: 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
Joromi1:

Which are?

bro, which part of DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU do you nairalanders find difficult to comprehend?

stop your nagging, its so annoying.

everything you must question, open thread over, bad mouth just because its not you doing it!

4 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by Joromi1: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
tpiander:

What's it to you?

I don't encourage it because it's like somebody is deciding for u. Ur parents that nudged u into early marriage today won't be there when u start experiencing difficulties tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by Joromi1: 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
tpiander:

bro, which part of DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU do you nairalanders find difficult to comprehend?

stop your nagging, its so annoying.

everything you must question, open thread over, bad mouth just because its not you doing it!

If I tell u I understand what u just said then I'm lying

26 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by coogar: 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheFLIRT:

Lol! I didn't say that. But if a man has the means he shud marry at 25, no excuse. It won't stop him from enjoying social life or furthering his education

the means isn't even enough.
he has to be mentally ready for it. marriage isn't child's play. a lot of stuff are involved...he has to consult his other half in every decision he's about to make.

4 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by boboLIL(m): 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
If yhu get wah it takes t0 marry....d0nt hesitate.... prepared early marriage is cute

1 Like

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by tempem: 8:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
Is 27-28 late? For male.....
Is 26-27 late for a female?

1 Like

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by tpiander: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
Joromi1:

I don't encourage it because it's like somebody is deciding for u. Ur parents that nudged u into early marriage today won't be there when u start experiencing difficulties tomorrow

your parents who nudged you into late marriage today will also not be there when u start experiencing difficulties tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by tpiander: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Joromi1:

If I tell u I understand what u just said then I'm lying

if late marriage is what you want, then marry late and stop eyeing people who did not make the same choice as you.

6 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by TheFLIRT(m): 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

the means isn't even enough.
he has to be mentally ready for it. marriage isn't child's play. a lot of stuff are involved...he has to consult his other half in every decision he's about to make.
You see, that's the problem with most of our youths today. They want to wait until they're 101% certain that they can handle a marriage. Fear! That's it, fear! Dude, no man marries because he's too confident with his abilities. Even the strongest, wisest and richest have failed in marriage. My dad once told me that marriage is an institution itself because u get to learn new things from ur partner as long as u live with him or her. Pls don't allow fear of what may be delay ur marriage

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by coogar: 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheFLIRT:

You see, that's the problem with most of our youths today. They want to wait until they're 101% certain that they can handle a marriage. Fear! That's it, fear! Dude, no man marries because he's too confident with his abilities. Even the strongest, wisest and richest have failed in marriage. My dad once told me that marriage is an institution itself because u get to learn new things from ur partner as long as u live with him or her. Pls don't allow fear of what may be delay ur marriage

divorce rate currently stands at 50%
if that does not cause you to fear, nothing else would. that's like tossing a coin. would you board a plane that has 50% probability of crashing? grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by Joromi1: 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
tpiander:

if late marriage is what you want, then marry late and stop eyeing people who did not make the same choice as you.
I never said late marriage is the best, neither am I disturbed that some people married early. My point is clear.....most early marriages are influenced by parents mainly because they want to see their grandkids, but they use the context of "everything will be done in time and u won't have to struggle in ur old age" to deceive us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by tpiander: 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
Joromi1:

I never said late marriage is the best, neither am I disturbed that some people married early. My point is clear.....most early marriages are influenced by parents mainly because they want to see their grandkids, but they use the context of "everything will be done in time and u won't have to struggle in ur old age" to deceive me

a key factor in having a healthy life, is to stop majoring in minors.

Are your parents forcing you to marry?

if not, then no need to open thread.

if yes, tell them you are not ready.

the problems right now are should the boko haram victims keep or abort their pregnancies, not all this one you are spewing here.

6 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by TheFLIRT(m): 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

divorce rate currently stands at 50%
if that does not cause you to fear, nothing else would. that's like tossing a coin. would you board a plane that has 50% probability of crashing? grin
Divorce rate currently @ 50%? That is so untrue, not even in Europe. Give evidence before I buy that. This is Africa and early marriage has been our way of life for centuries. The trend now is that when ur 30 and above and still single, you might get mocked

4 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by coogar: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
tpiander:

the problems right now are should the boko haram victims keep or abort their pregnancies, not all this one you are spewing here.

stop being an idïot!

don't attack him for opening a thread that asks a pertinent question. who are you to question him on which kinda thread to open? you open about 100 brainless threads per week - why are you trying too hard to be called a flaming hypocrite?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by coogar: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheFLIRT:

Divorce rate currently @ 50%? That is so untrue, not even in Europe. Give evidence before I buy that. This is Africa and early marriage has been our way of life for centuries. The trend now is that when ur 30 and above and still single, you might get mocked

any more questions??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by Joromi1: 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
tpiander:

I seriously don't understand u. Is the thread ur problem or the topic? And when did Nairaland start asking people not to create threads relating to marriage?

6 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by TheFLIRT(m): 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

any more questions??
Are you American? I know that's the only place one would see this kind of madness

3 Likes

Re: Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? by coogar: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheFLIRT:

Are you American? I know that's the only place one would see this kind of madness

what if i stay there?
would it not be logical for me to be fearful about marriage especially when i tend to lose almost half of my assets should divorce ensue?

this is the UK divorce stats, by the way..... grin
it's 42%. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria / Couple Who Wedded 3 Days After Meeting Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.