Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls (15503 Views)

Serpent & Garden Of Eden Inspired Maternity Shoot Got People Talking / Maternity Photoshoot Of Pregnant Woman, With Her Husband And Children / Pregnant Woman Climbs High Stool For Maternity Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by rhajaan(m): 12:55am On Jul 03, 2015
Good day members, just have a question about maternity leave during nysc.

If a female corps member applies for the 3 months maternity leave and she is granted, and its expiry still falls within the service period of the corps member, would she have to come back and serve an extra 3 months when her colleagues might have passed out?

The only thing I know is forfeiture of 21 days terminal leave, which also needs some explanation..... My wife is on the verge of applying for leave..Any answers,suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by axiliborha(f): 1:01am On Jul 03, 2015
grin
Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by marriedmum(f): 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by confun: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
Well, I served in Lagos, took my maternity leave during service year without going back to serve extra 3 mths bt I was surprised wen my friend who served in Oyo state was told to come back for her extra months, in fact I had to ask my assistant LGI if it was supposed to be so, she said no, that there is nothing like dt, so maybe it depends on the state sha....
Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by rhajaan(m): 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
confun:
Well, I served in Lagos, took my maternity leave during service year without going back to serve extra 3 mths bt I was surprised wen my friend who served in Oyo state was told to come back for her extra months, in fact I had to ask my assistant LGI if it was supposed to be so, she said no, that there is nothing like dt, so maybe it depends on the state sha....
so you mean you just went on the passing out day and collected your certificate? what about 21days leave forfeiture in NYSC bye laws...how did u do this?

1 Like

Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by zaynie(f): 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
Yes she will have to unless she is ready to forfeit the allowee. But if she insists on collecting the money she will have to complete the 3 months o.

But I would advice that she arranges with her company to go on the 3 months leave ( without pay) but they will sign her clearance letters for those months she would be away. before delivery she will make an arrangement with the nysc official in charge of her cds and will notify him when she delivers so that whoever she sends to sign the weekly register on her behalf would be allowed to do so.

Hope this helps.
Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by rhajaan(m): 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
zaynie:
Yes she will have to unless she is ready to forfeit the allowee. But if she insists on collecting the money she will have to complete the 3 months o.

But I would advice that she arranges with her company to go on the 3 months leave ( without pay) but they will sign her clearance letters for those months she would be away. before delivery she will make an arrangement with the nysc official in charge of her cds and will notify him when she delivers so that whoever she sends to sign the weekly register on her behalf would be allowed to do so.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm...still a bit confused...so you mean she won't be paid the 3 months she is on leave except she comes back and work for it after her colleagues might have passed out?

Also, the arrangement with NYSC Official might be hard ooo....

1 Like

Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hmmmm,i didnt get a maternity leave,just did my thing cos I was sick.was served a query when I returned.i passed out with others.infact,i didnt sign PC for 1 day nd was paid every month till service ended.lol.my advice is she should get really close to her CDS ma or sir and she will be well guided.pregnant women re very favoured!

2 Likes

Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by confun: 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
rhajaan:

so you mean you just went on the passing out day and collected your certificate? what about 21days leave forfeiture in NYSC bye laws...how did u do this?
well, I didnt get d 21 days na, since I av maternity leave already, during d leave, my LGI signed my logbook which I think is normal, and after d service, I went to collect my certificate, dir wasn't any big deal , or would I say in was just lucky? I don't know bt I felt dt was d normal thing, I also had my alawee Complete both from FG and LG, ( cos I served in a LG)

1 Like

Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by rhajaan(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2015
confun:
well, I didnt get d 21 days na, since I av maternity leave already, during d leave, my LGI signed my logbook which I think is normal, and after d service, I went to collect my certificate, dir wasn't any big deal , or would I say in was just lucky? I don't know bt I felt dt was d normal thing, I also had my alawee Complete both from FG and LG, ( cos I served in a LG)

Thanks....she met with the LGI and was informed she'll only have to wait three weeks after pop to receive her certificate(21 days) just as you said it ,and she ll be paid fully throughout the leave period.

1 Like

Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by opella(f): 8:13am On Jul 07, 2015
I applied for maternity leave during my service year. Am among the batch B corpers that just passed out last week, I didn't get my certificate I was told I have 3 weeks extension, that I have to go back to my PPA and serve for extra 3 weeks after which I will collect clearance letter from them, take the letter to my zonal inspector to sign before I can then come for my certificate.
Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by confun: 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
rhajaan:

Thanks....she met with the LGI and was informed she'll only have to wait three weeks after pop to receive her certificate(21 days) just as you said it ,and she ll be paid fully throughout the leave period.
alright bro, wish her safe delivery

1 Like

Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by texzy(m): 11:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
[quote author=confun post=35438341]Well, I served in Lagos, took my maternity leave during service year without going back to serve extra 3 mths bt I was surprised wen my friend who served in Oyo state was told to come back for her extra months, in fact I had to ask my assistant LGI if it was supposed to be so, she said no, that there is nothing like dt, so maybe it depends on the state sha....[/quote
Sorry were you paid for the maternity?]
Re: Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls by confun: 11:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
[quote author=texzy post=68856862][/quote]yes, i was

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. / My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.