Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,211 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out (4666 Views)

Help My Girlfriend Is Asking Another Guy Out / Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by geebabe(f): 9:43am On Sep 22, 2006
i dont see any thing wrong with it but the guys make it look like its a bad thing.
abi what do u think

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by segun111(m): 6:11am On Sep 23, 2006
Sorry we are in the twenty-first century where anything goes. Yes of course it is okay to ask the guy out as long as he propose first not you.
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by kokoletz(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2006
I dont see anythine wrong in this at least wat a man can do a woman can do better. Omo let them prove it joo!
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by kolabode: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2006
There is nothing wrong with that it happened everywhere so-far you like him.
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by whitelexi(m): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2006
geebabe:

i don't see any thing wrong with it but the guys make it look like its a bad thing.
abi what do u think

Depends on the guy u decided to ask out, He must be razzzzzz to make it look like its wrong or even give u that impression! In an age when dudes are happy to be asked out to dinners and places, some peeps just wanna spoil things!!!
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by kentony(m): 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2006
well, i think its really not a big deal in a girl asking a guy out, what if that girl is crazy about d guy and dat guy ve not notice her, deres is no harm in trying. she shud go on then here from d guy, we are in the modern era now, f we claim to be civilized, then lets ack as one wink wink wink wink
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by Wumine(f): 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2006
i dont see anything wong in it. if u are bold enough, then do it. thou i personally cant do it. u know why? i have a terrible phobia for rejection or maybe am not just bold enough! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by tukur2002n(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2006
thou i personally can't do it. u know why? i have a terrible phobia for rejection or maybe am not just bold enough!

@ wumine

nothing bad infact it is mostly to the ladies advantage 'cos guyz finds it difficult to say no when a lady approach for this.

talking from experience, a lady approach me and say the three word ( I LOVE YOU) straight to me and request for answer immediately i was shocked and embarrassed but left with no choice 'cos she is also cute and we start the ball. cool cool cool
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by Free(f): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2006
is right
U can ask a guy out its okay

just dnt ask him to marry U cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by jorgan(m): 2:31am On Oct 06, 2007
yes and no,it is wrong 2 ask a guy out just like that ,u rely need 2 study him and ask urself if u guys know and talk to each other but if it is the other way round dont try it b/c guys believe they runthings and things dont run us
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by bigbee(m): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2007
there is absolutely nothing wrong with a lady asking a guy out.i think women are always caught up in the anticipation that they will be rejected and thats why its kinda hard especially in some parts of the world i have travel to.africa and asia for example.here in america if a woman wanna do u in the woods she has no problem expressing her feelings 2 u.
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by ufobabe(f): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2007
it is very okey 2 ask a guy out .

but don't do the mistake 2 propose 4 marriage. not even as a joke.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by lololo(m): 7:45pm On Oct 07, 2007
@poster 2 ask a guy out is not bad, but pary make him no b bad guy or u go here im,
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by jorgan(m): 3:09am On Oct 11, 2007
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by iice(f): 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2007
Whatever floats your boat!
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by coolviv: 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2007
IF U KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR U, U'LL NEVER DARE ASK A GUY OUT!! why are u a woman?u''re to be pursued not d other way round.tomoro now, u will tell him u're not treating me well because i agreed to be wit u and he will ask u if he ever asked u out. if u like a certain man, u dont go and ask him out like that. u create scenes where u come in contact with him, u look sexily beautiful everytime he sees u, smile at him always,allow more eye contact than usual and extend kind gestures towards him. in other words, wink my dear, use ur feminine wiles to get him to ask u out and think that it was all his idea NOT yours. thats the way the greatest women in history succeed with men, get him to do what u want for u and think its his own idea. ce finis baby. go get him.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by cmishaelo(m): 11:43pm On Oct 11, 2007
[/color[color=#006600]
[/i][i]
i really see nothing wrong in a girl asking a guy out, its the old way of our parents that presents this idea as odd,if a girl truly has feelings for a guy then she can go ahead and express herself
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by BASETSANA(f): 9:31am On Oct 12, 2007
l personally would never ask a guy out,l dont have the courage to do it and it just seems unethical to me
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by Busta(f): 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2007
If u are feeling him and got the guts, why not?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by ikris(m): 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2007
U've got to go get him if u r interested ok?

No matter who made d first move it doesnt matter.
He might turn to be d one that will love u more.

Its about boldness anyway!
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by rachiwise(f): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2007
IT,S WRONG,PLSSS DON'T!!!!

why dont u just show him in ur actions?that is more simple,give him the neccessary attention,care etc,with time he will notice u really like him and u guys can keep it up from there.

incase he is not a friend yet but just someone u see around,ehmmm, pls be careful oo,there are no many good guys out there any more ooo,he might want to take advantage of the situation.my sis dont be desperate o.

i know of someone who did that and the guy was not interested,the whole neighbourhood got to know and no guy wanted to date her because they thought she was loose (the ones that approached her only wanted to sleep with her).

so my dear be careful ooo,u might get more than u wish for.

Cheers!!!
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by Busta(f): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2007
rachiwise:

IT,S WRONG,PLSSS DON'T!!!!

why don't u just show him in your actions?that is more simple,give him the neccessary attention,care etc,with time he will notice u really like him and u guys can keep it up from there.

incase he is not a friend yet but just someone u see around,ehmmm, please be careful oo,there are no many good guys out there any more ooo,he might want to take advantage of the situation.my sis don't be desperate o.

i know of someone who did that and the guy was not interested,the whole neighbourhood got to know and no guy wanted to date her because they thought she was loose (the ones that approached her only wanted to sleep with her).

so my dear be careful ooo,u might get more than u wish for.

Cheers!!!

seems u're still living in the past!
so, why is ok for a guy to go and ask a girl out and a gurl cannot do the same?
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by DrLorenz1(m): 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2007
Well to me, i would say it's a thing of the mind actually.

I for one, don't give a hoot if a girl asks me out or not. What is important is if she really likes me enough to want to go out with me, with all my little faults. As long as she's genuine, then it's cool.

Also, the girl in question should be careful cus not every guy has the same mindset like mine.

In all, make you look before you leap.
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by oyie(f): 4:49pm On Oct 13, 2007
it depends on the man.

but personal i prefer this way:
coolviv:

IF You KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR You, You'LL NEVER DARE ASK A GUY OUT!! why are u a woman?u''re to be pursued not d other way round.tomoro now, u will tell him u're not treating me well because i agreed to be wit u and he will ask u if he ever asked u out. if u like a certain man, u don't go and ask him out like that. u create scenes where u come in contact with him, u look sexily beautiful everytime he sees u, smile at him always,allow more eye contact than usual and extend kind gestures towards him. in other words, wink my dear, use your feminine wiles to get him to ask u out and think that it was all his idea NOT yours. thats the way the greatest women in history succeed with men, get him to do what u want for u and think its his own idea. ce finis baby. go get him.

at least it works for me,althrou you can win all of them.but i used to consol my self with the thught who is urs is yours.

good luck
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by Metroguy(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2007
Well, I wanna make one thing clear, From all I read on here, I guess It's quite normal for a lady to ask a guy out. Yea, it depends on your boldness, courage, likeness for this (said) guy, what you've seen in him, what yfou admire him for, maybe it's about his company you enjoy the most, etc. Alot of guys out there are not really bent on going the "extra-mile" with the lady, so if you're gonna ask this guy out, it takes gut and you could do it playfully, you know, like some teasing could be involve, dare him with the right attitude, create an atmosphere of uniqueness btw you two and make him see what difference you've got apart from others. You know, it's only a "time-out" with him and hey, while you're cruising with each other alone, try getting him to your side if you really like this guy, don't make him think you're acting cheap to get, No!!! shocked, Be yourself and Be yourself, Again, I said, Be yourself!!! Don't act like some other, It's worth the while,

Adios,

Michael B!!
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by ilemobade(f): 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2007
i know some girls are shameless, how could you ask a guy out
maybe d girl o lori oko?

Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by ilemobade(f): 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2007
humm
Please my dear sis don't ask a guy out,
there are some tips here 4U
A Way To Get A guy Attention FAST
If you REALLY want to impress a guy who is flirting with you,
instead of basking in his flirtatious attention, ask him - in an
equally flirtatious way - this simple question:
"So tell me, what kind of girl do you respect?"
Adding a flirtatious element to a serious question is fun and
inviting way of building SEXUAL TENSION that will instantly
separate you from every other woman he's ever met. It lets
him know that you're sassy, smart, and selective - an
IRRESISTABLE combination.

Be smarter

Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by Nautillus(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2007
Its ok but, not much of a good idea 'cos HE "COULD" take you 4 granted.

Men are hunters by nature and wheneva a hunter finds a game lamely beconing on him to
killnot trying to hide/ prove difficult to kill. he really wont attach much value to.
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2007
shocked
it not right to ask a guy out verbally but ur behaviou i min attitude towards him could speak for u
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by IykeD(m): 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2007
I don't think there is anything wrong in that thoughn in African setting it should be the other way round.But what happens when the guy develops cold feet to ask a gal he really likes out and if the gal too likes him as muh, there is nothing wrong in the gal making the first move.
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by ariblaze(m): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2007
@post

so? big deal
Re: Is It Right To Ask A Guy Out by nazzyon(m): 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2007
In my own opinion, it is wrong no matter what your background is, African, british or where ever you come from. It is good if you show affection, or simply give the guy a clue. People seem to get what you want easier nowadays through your actions.

I may not have experience in line of relationship in both ways (Guy making a move, Girl making the first move) but I know this from what I have heard and read.

May be I will throw up if that happens. I can't imagine how disgusted that will be?

It is still good the way it is, I don't seem to find it acceptable

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Tell What A Guy Wants On Your First Date / Highest Level Of Cheating(pix) / She Sent Me This Text Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.