Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware (17578 Views)

I’m Not The Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, PH Nurse Cries Out / RRS Searching For Corpse Of Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon (Photos) / Doctor Jumps Into Lagoon At Third Mainland Bridge (Suicide) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Finestibogirl: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2015
importexpert:
let those that have ears listen
. Tel dem o!
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Roses1(f): 10:59am On Jul 03, 2015
Find solution then. Cos we need the fishes o
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by permsec: 11:00am On Jul 03, 2015
ZUBY77:
It could be because of the corpses Oba Akiolu threw there in the dark.
Where have u been bro! could complete ur story. where can i access it(THERE AND BACK ON TIME).
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by padeolu: 11:01am On Jul 03, 2015
omodayomi:
hello, please in what forms are these metallic substances because most of the elements are also beneficial to body depending on form of existence. we need more clarifying facts.
They are mostly tiny particles (solid). And yes, a minute quantity of some of them may be beneficial.
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by princenation(m): 11:03am On Jul 03, 2015
asumo12:
Noted!

But this got me cheesy

Iyabo Taiwo, a doctoral degree holder, indicated that heavy presence of metals, namely, manganese, iron, copper, zinc and lead in the Lagoon have contaminated the muscles and bones of the fish, making them unsafe for human consumption.

So fish for lag don sharp so tey dem dey eat metals...

cheesy

grin

#kidding
grin grin grin

Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by ZUBY77(m): 11:10am On Jul 03, 2015
permsec:
Where have u been bro! could complete ur story. where can i access it(THERE AND BACK ON TIME).

Go to www.globalruns.com. Every story is there.

Locate your season.. Or tell me where you stopped. I could help you
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by eleko1: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2015
Niagra and orisirisi research.Ban Pomo,dnt eat red meat,sugar,salt,garri,Epa,G Oil and now fish nor good embarassed sad embarassed I weak oooo sad
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by victoreltemur: 11:13am On Jul 03, 2015
alienvirus:
Lies
dts how they get wasted wen dey turn defiant to info.evn if its a lie,shudnt u verify before u open ur big mouth...stewpid!

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by permsec: 11:21am On Jul 03, 2015
ZUBY77:

Go to www.globalruns.com. Every story is there.

Locate your season.. Or tell me where you stopped. I could help you
Cant realy remember vividly its been long i read it....do u have the hard copy or the book i.e the complete story and where can i purchase it. i realy missed the story.
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 03, 2015
Is there anything you eat from a Lagos market that's not poisonous? Abeg receive all things with thanksgiving....na God dey save

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by stinggy(m): 11:31am On Jul 03, 2015
lonelydora:
From Ogogoro to fish. How will poor men survive in this zoo Republic?

Well, no more fish in my house for the next few months. I don't want to hear story that touches.

Not a must to be in zoo republic, go to your fantasy republic
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 03, 2015
so make we no eat Fish again abi? MTCHEEEEEW :-/

my.notjustok.com/track/22684/
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Codyt(m): 11:36am On Jul 03, 2015
Haba. una wan spoil iya eleja business shooooo grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by juman(m): 11:36am On Jul 03, 2015
Hmmm, a country without proper handling of things.
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by ZUBY77(m): 11:42am On Jul 03, 2015
permsec:
Cant realy remember vividly its been long i read it....do u have the hard copy or the book i.e the complete story and where can i purchase it. i realy missed the story.

I have the edited copy of season 1,2,3,4,5 in pdf and docs. Contact the author on 08162894984
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by bigiyaro(m): 11:42am On Jul 03, 2015
make una no worry, nigerians have survived worst types of poisons, d economic poisons of 'no fuel' n 'no salary for 9 months n countin' we dey survive talkless of fish.
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by anodaBanDotCom: 11:44am On Jul 03, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Instead of you to keep quiet, you decided to display your ignorance online. Ever heard of the words 'bioaccumulation' and 'biomagnification'? That's an assignment for you!
that's a folly discovery, no b today dem dey chop am....

can't you see those clodpole are indirectly recommending\encouraging importation of fish, Or which other breed of fish is readily available to masses for free?

provide easy to get alternative, dem no go fit. yet they keep condemning the natural food..

about your biological terms, u don know book for ur mind Ooo cheesy cheesy **I will just let it rest..

And did you say my ignorance? you should learn to quote without insulting. **I will let it go aswell
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by anodaBanDotCom: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2015
padeolu:
Thorough cooking or frying will make no difference. Heavy metals, just as the ones listed by the OP, are not just toxic but certain heavy metals can alter the activity of ones DNA.

The fish may not necessarily die immediately, the heavy metal will accumulate and stored in their system till its unnecessarily high enough to cause a severe damage or death. Likewise to human when consumed.
fishing in oil producing state has been declared illegal cos of oil production, now they are condemning fishes in Lagos. The government is also not helping fish farmers.

Don't you think they are just making folly claims to promote fish importation? when all they can do is condemn and not help to tackle the situation..
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by omodayomi(f): 11:57am On Jul 03, 2015
hi, please, how dare u confusing people on unrealistic and baseless information on solid metallic found in fish at epe is poisonous have u forgotten that solid metals are also present in soil or u don't know of decomposition. come to think about it, grounding machine that everybody used for grinding/milling pepper is not made of metals in solid form or tell me lubrication of metal during d process where are iron fillings go to, tell is not in your stomach directly?

D[color=#770077][/color]Do reply me because your findings or information is nothing but barbaric and misleading.

when you are talking about solid metals inside flowing river that was ingested by fishing is poisonous to man and am very sure that research was not from FUNNAB.
Am waiting for your reply because all what you have mentioned is nothing but lazy man research go on and make some further studies on different forms of metallic existence and its benefit to man because am also a food technologist that have a good knowledge on what u are trying to say but your presentation is totally off the the points.
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
dearpreye:
My people and I have been eating fishes from those Lagoon for decades now. We go still eat am!

We boil am wella......

angry grin angry

Boil heavy metals?

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
Jeezuzpick:

angry grin angry

Boil heavy metals?

lipsrsealed

U go fear fear na.....metallic boiling things cheesy
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by jcf(m): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
Download Hojah on Hojah.com. Your next food business opportunity may be here! Food tech is now in Naija!
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nairalander una no dey go work?
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by alienvirus: 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
victoreltemur:
dts how they get wasted wen dey turn defiant to info.evn if its a lie,shudnt u verify before u open ur big mouth...stewpid!
Olosi, your small mouth has never eaten fish before.
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by 9jatatafo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
Oya! Porting to frozen chicken and turkey. Nothing do me.
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by asumo12: 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by hahn(m): 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2015
anodaBanDotCom:
see mumu researchers..

sofa d tilapias are not weak or dying, dey can do no harm to human...

just fry it thoroughly plus d bone and you are good..

all dey can do is condemn. what have they invented?

mtchewwww

Can I market your product for you?

If yes, please send details to soh.8686@yahoo.com
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Magicc: 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
You have to understand that the fishes will not die.
If fishes absorb contaminants, they are stored in the fishes' tissues.
If eaten, the poisonous substance is taken in by the consumer.
No matter how long you fry, it is still there- the poison.

anodaBanDotCom:
see mumu researchers..

sofa d tilapias are not weak or dying, dey can do no harm to human...

just fry it thoroughly plus d bone and you are good..

all dey can do is condemn. what have they invented?

mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Magicc: 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
Are you aware that Lead and Mercury cause mental retardation and slow growth?

Industrial activities in Lagos exposes Lagosians to heavy metal poisoning. It is common knowledge that
safety procedures are not observed in most industries working in Nigeria.
Industrial activities generate waste that need to be disposed of. Where do they dump all the waste water? In the sea or lagoon.

omodayomi:
hi, please, how dare u confusing people on unrealistic and baseless information on solid metallic found in fish at epe is poisonous have u forgotten that solid metals are also present in soil or u don't know of decomposition. come to think about it, grounding machine that everybody used for grinding/milling pepper is not made of metals in solid form or tell me lubrication of metal during d process where are iron fillings go to, tell is not in your stomach directly?

D[color=#770077][/color]Do reply me because your findings or information is nothing but barbaric and misleading.

when you are talking about solid metals inside flowing river that was ingested by fishing is poisonous to man and am very sure that research was not from FUNNAB.
Am waiting for your reply because all what you have mentioned is nothing but lazy man research go on and make some further studies on different forms of metallic existence and its benefit to man because am also a food technologist that have a good knowledge on what u are trying to say but your presentation is totally off the the points.
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
Buh why are all these people like this? Some people go just wake up at the upside down of their bed and start proclaiming nonsense... Ern! Which one be say Epe fish fit kill again? Epe no get anything wey dem dey use develop the state dan this fish thing. Now,someone all the way from Abeokuta dey talk gibberish. I no blame una, that's why psycho hospital dey there sha o. See me now, ern, i don go marry Egba lady now. U wan con spoil market for my town women abi? God pass all of u ooo. Mumu ppl,fish wey chop iron no die,na person wey con chop fish go die. Ptcheew
Re: FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware by bigtt76(f): 2:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
Na hin CBN governor nor go allow us import the safe ones as hin don ban sandine <bini man accent> grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Can Slim Down And Lose Belly Fat Fast / Brain Drain: FG Moves To Hire Nigerian Doctors Abroad / Nigerian Scientist Presents Ebola Vaccine Report In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.