Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android (35940 Views)

4 Smartphones You Should Buy If You Want To Upgrade / Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by damiloladuke: 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
Android be the best

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ ABOUT MY FUNNY PERSONAL SECRET DIARY
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by InvertedHammer: 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

On the bolded points, the Samsung S6 fails when compared to the iPhone.

Typing: I'm constantly making typographical errors on the Sammy, but it feels smother on the iPhone.

Calls: The iPhone has an inbuilt noise cancellation that works, its very noticeable when you are in a noisy environment. This comes in handy for someone like me who is always on the move and have to stay at the Airport lobby or the Train terminal especially the noisy Euston train station, you will be stunned at the clarity of the phone call on the iPhone, i don't even dare Pick a call on my Sammy when around these places.
/
When I am in a noisy environment, I change my location or cover the other ear with my hand (that's if it is a very important call else it can wait).

I use the most basic Android that I got for $25. It works like a charm....No complaints. My biggest concern is always about cracking the screen. New phones come out every month and I am not going to continue chasing technology upgrades when what I have is satisfactory.

My advice is only for people who have better use for their money. That's all.
\

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by no2fuks(m): 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
wash its all about the name brand
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by abbey621(m): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
Here's a list of devices I've used so far:

Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC ONE M8 - 16 Gig with 32Gb memory card
Samsung Galaxy S6 - 64 Gb
Iphone 6 - 64 Gb

To those who have faith no proof is necessary, to those who don't no proof is sufficient. Tell me any other operation system that you can root and increase the phone's clockspeed or customize the entire launcher. For those who just want a phone to talk and surf the internet then Iphone is the way to go but for those who want a machine in which you can try all sorts of tricks and customization then Android rules! I currently use the Samsung Note 4 and it is rooted, it beats the hell out of Iphone hands down. I even use it to play PS4 games with zero lag smiley

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Swaggzkid: 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
OK oo I don read your write up from the first word to the last one, and also few comments thereafter.

All I have to say is that: First na lie you lie, you no use all those smart devices wey you mention say you don use.

Number two don't say that iphone is the best, coz me I no fit go hustle money keep say I wan buy iphone tufiakwa even my ancestors fit book flat for hell give me. But if person dash me I go collect ooo grin

Thirdly, your 9 reasons couldn't convince me. Cos I still value my bold 5. Although its old. But if the next iphone will have a free visa to visit 3 different foreign countries I will work towards that. ThankYou.

Cc: Op
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by lovely17(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
we all know apple products are just names that's all they are not as good as they appear Samsung s5 is way better than iPhone 6 talkless of S6
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

On the bolded points, the Samsung S6 fails when compared to the iPhone.

Typing: I'm constantly making typographical errors on the Sammy, but it feels smother on the iPhone.

Calls: The iPhone has an inbuilt noise cancellation that works, its very noticeable when you are in a noisy environment. This comes in handy for someone like me who is always on the move and have to stay at the Airport lobby or the Train terminal especially the noisy Euston train station, you will be stunned at the clarity of the phone call on the iPhone, i don't even dare Pick a call on my Sammy when around these places.

Sir I dare you take screens hots of your s6. I use the edge version and its types fast and no error. Noise cancellation is an old tech. I received a call on my s6 edge and I heard everything the person said despite the noisy background. I repeat once again ,I dare you take pictures and shots of your s6
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by haibe(m): 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
Stupid reasons.. I was even expecting to see stuffs like security, safety and the likes.. all u posted is trash.. Android is a better phone overall
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by MsZeezah: 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
lovely17:
we all know apple products are just names that's all they are not as good as they appear Samsung s5 is way better than iPhone 6 talkless of S6
Lol. That's all I can say. S5 you say? Lol. Lol
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by fineguy11(m): 6:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Rubbish thread....my N8 symbian belle rocks....porting to windows soon...
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by eromspete(m): 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S6 is the best smartphone in the world right now.. End of story.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

Sir I dare you take screens hots of your s6. I use the edge version and its types fast and no error. Noise cancellation is an old tech. I received a call on my s6 edge and I heard everything the person said despite the noisy background. I repeat once again ,I dare you take pictures and shots of your s6

Done sir:

Or you need more?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Drenix(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
Team nokia All d way......... If u like buy iphone of android... U must stil use a nokia fone 4 backup.......

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by simdam500(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nigerian comment sha cheesy angry grin
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by pinkycute(f): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
Exactly my dear cheesy
IPhone is not interesting jhooooor sad
Samsung Galaxy all the way cheesy
Imagine I can't even operate Nairaland on my IPhone 6 angry not to talk about downloading it embarassed

Drenix:
Team nokia All d way......... If u like buy iphone of android... U must stil use a nokia fone 4 backup.......
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

Done sir:

Or you need more?

Go and return your phone. It's faulty
My version works perfectly without any glitch .
Noise cancellation is an old tech and you expect s6 the phone that incorporates newest technologies not to feature noise cancellation when it's previous versions have it
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

Go and return your phone. It's faulty
My version works perfectly without any glitch .
Noise cancellation is an old tech and you expect s6 the phone that incorporates newest technologies not to feature noise cancellation when it's previous versions have it

Samsungs noise cancellation is not as clear as the IOS simples.

I've attached the iphone 6 as well incase its needed as evidence too

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Neckyblue(f): 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
Some people are lonely, jibijibi.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

Samsungs noise cancellation is not as clear as the IOS simples.

I've attached the iphone 6 as well incase its needed as evidence too

You are pretty funny. What's your proof that iphone 6 got a better noise cancellation than S6?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

You are pretty funny. What's your proof that iphone 6 got a better noise cancellation than S6?

The image is not a proof of its noise cancellation, rather to clear the doubt on if I actually use the phone as requested by you earlier on. It was a bit off for you to assume that I don't have an S6 but instead of taking it out of context, I posted the picture to clear all doubts.

*modified*
The proof of the efficiency of iPhone's noise cancellation is personal experiences with both devices.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Wyclefniranz(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
samswaggg
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
IPhone is too stringent. Imagine me sending pictures from PC instead of other devices. e.g If I snap a picture with a Nokia or other phones, I can not send neither can I receive from iPhone
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Jennifer89(f): 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
na who get money dey buy iphone. I'm just gonna stick to ma Android phone. #TecnoM5#
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

The image is not a proof of its noise cancellation, rather to clear the doubt on if I actually use the phone as requested by you earlier on. It was a bit off for you to assume that I don't have an S6 but instead of taking it out of context, I posted the picture to clear all doubts.

I requested for the pictures your statements were flawed. I don't experience any glitch while typing, i have always been a lover of swiftkey. The first thing i do on my droid phones is download swiftkey and root but i didn't on my S6 Edge. Regarding noise cancellation, its an old tech. Theres a mic on top of the phone that does the job excellently but you are yet to prove how iPhone 6 got better noise cancellation than S6
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by coachwilcox(m): 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Sony Xperia Z3 beats the iPhone 6 and Samsung galaxy S6 any day.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
coachwilcox:
Sony Xperia Z3 beats the iPhone 6 and Samsung galaxy S6 any day.

Its dinner time, go and break your fast
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by sissons(m): 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
REASONS WHY I WON'T BUY AN IPHONE

1. No custom rom for iPhone
2. can't root it
3. can't get apps elsewhere outside it's playstore
4. Few free apps
5. Doesn't interact with other phone models nor with my windows laptop (except Apple's). Common Bluetooth sharing na wahala
6. Can't extract/backup or transfer apps
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by daresimon(m): 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
Mtchew

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by chickengeorge: 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Android kor, iPhone ni
BLACKBERRY all the way joor!!!!!!
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

I requested for the pictures your statements were flawed. I don't experience any glitch while typing, i have always been a lover of swiftkey. The first thing i do on my droid phones is download swiftkey and root but i didn't on my S6 Edge. Regarding noise cancellation, its an old tech. Theres a mic on top of the phone that does the job excellently but you are yet to prove how iPhone 6 got better noise cancellation than S6

The noise cancellation is an old tech, but works better on the iPhone. Just like the noise cancellation, you can only appreciate it when you've used the two devices. It's difficult for you to assume the Samsung's noise cancellation is great when you haven't used an iPhone. I wish you're close by or something and we'll go to a club or something to try the two devices, in the same environment. Try to look around for anyone that uses an iPhone, take it for a spin, test the typing and compare it to the Sammy.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by ziccoit: 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
You can only be able to tell the difference if you had used both. Apple has really done a great job in making those devices not only iPhone. I used iPhone and iPad. It is a crime comparing i-products with androids.

@musiwax, how much is iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2 going for now. I need to upgrade asap.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

Which android device are you using?

i think the HTC is still better overall than the Samsungs.

*Modified:

I still regret switching the Galaxy S6 from my HTC ONE M8, the phone didn't live up to expectation at all, I should have upgraded to the M9 apart from the fast charging on Samsung S6, the typing and fingerprint experience is shitty. I'm always forced to go back to my trusted iPhone 6, the ever dependable phone.

Moreover, every android device is trying to be like an iPhone, the new Samsung looks so much like the iPhone 6 that its getting too embarrassing, a classic case of stalking. grin grin

The iPhone is still the phone to beat any-day anytime, thats why you constantly hear things like
"This is the new iPhone beater"
"This new phone should be better than an iPhone "

Why are they not comparing the Android phones against other android phones if they are all that undecided

Main reason to buy an iPhone: "Its an iPhone, nothing needs to be added" tongue

I just saw your modified post. Your opinion among others using the phone doesn't count. I don't experience any glitch using the S6 Edge, no typing error and the finger print is extremely fast. S6 doesn't look like iPhone 6 in anyway. Go back and check Samsung Ativ S. iPhone 6 design wise is (HTC One, Samsung Ativ S and Nokia(forgotten the model number) in One.

Wheres the prove that every android OEM wanna be like Apple.

Name the innovative things that Apple does/uses on their phones?
Name the things iPhone would do that an android wouldn't do and even do more?

If Phones were compared against one another, its a normal thing. I don't understand this part, what do you expect an android to be compared to? Ain't iOS and Android the leading OS's.

I don't know where you heard this phone should be an iPhone beater.

If iPhone was running on Android, nobody would buy it. Besides, iPhone been an American product gives it an edge but doesn't mean its better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster / Glo Just Made Me Immortal Just To Download An Episode Of A TV Series / Tecno Camon CX Unboxing And Quick Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.