Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? (1580 Views)

If Nigeria Divides Our Capital Is Port Harcourt, We Are Not Biafrans- Ibibio / Bola Tinubu Honored With Customized Statue At A Bridge Named After Him In Lagos / Solomon Dalung's Swag At A Street Named After Him(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by mmsen: 12:30am On Jul 04, 2015
‘Iguocha’ or 'Ugwu Ocha' sounds better.

Lewis Vernon Harcourt, 1st Viscount Harcourt

Harcourt was known as a sexual predator attracted to both sexes. He attempted to rape Dorothy Brett, the daughter of Lord Esher, and followed this by an attempt to seduce his son. Dorothy Brett wrote of him that "it is so tiresome that Loulou is such an old roué. He is as bad with boys as with girls ... he is simply a sex maniac. It isn't that he is in love. It is just ungovernable Sex desire for both sexes". His behaviour was known and tolerated in certain private quarters, however, after attempting to seduce a 12-year-old boy (Edward James, who grew up to become a great collector of surrealist and other contemporary art), the boy's mother began making the matter public. Harcourt committed suicide by taking an overdose of a sedative.

A truly disgusting human being.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by rheether(f): 12:34am On Jul 04, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu, see what you have caused ooo
Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by HungerBAD: 12:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Everyday we learn. I just learned something new today, i looked up the man on google and there was his story.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by BiafranMan: 12:48am On Jul 04, 2015
Don't worry, when Biafra comes, we'll change it to it's correct and proper name.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by Starships4u(m): 12:51am On Jul 04, 2015
Pls ask Mr Hacourt the Scottish dictator
Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by Lordave: 1:12am On Jul 04, 2015
rheether:
Nnamdi Kanu, see what you have caused ooo
Are you just being daft or better still sarcastic?

Abeg, we need mature contributions on why the name might have or have no bad influence on the city and not this chaff this bigot dey yarn here.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by cheruv: 2:14am On Jul 04, 2015
Lordave:
Are you just being daft or better still sarcastic?

Abeg, we need mature contributions on why the name might have or have no bad influence on the city and not this chaff this bigot dey yarn here.
And truly the name is affecting the residents of the city.. With the moral decadence and all that found there.
Port Rebisi would be cool or better still Igwuocha

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by Ikengawo: 2:16am On Jul 04, 2015
PH is Iguocha to me o. I'm not waiting for Buhari biko

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by rheether(f): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2015
When fools have access to the Internet this is what you get.. Wait until you get your Biafra before you start thinking of changing the name. We Nigerians love the name #PortHarcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by HopeAtHand: 6:43am On Jul 04, 2015
BiafranMan:
Don't worry, when Biafra comes, we'll change it to it's correct and proper name.
Starships4u:
Pls ask Mr Hacourt the Scottish dictator
Ikengawo:
mmsen:
‘Iguocha’ or 'Ugwu Ocha' sounds better.
Lewis Vernon Harcourt, 1st Viscount Harcourt
Harcourt was known as a sexual predator attracted to both sexes. He attempted to rape Dorothy Brett, the daughter of Lord Esher, and followed this by an attempt to seduce his son. Dorothy Brett wrote of him that "it is so tiresome that Loulou is such an old roué. He is as bad with boys as with girls ... he is simply a sex maniac. It isn't that he is in love. It is just ungovernable Sex desire for both sexes". His behaviour was known and tolerated in certain private quarters, however, after attempting to seduce a 12-year-old boy (Edward James, who grew up to become a great collector of surrealist and other contemporary art), the boy's mother began making the matter public. Harcourt committed suicide by taking an overdose of a sedative.
A truly disgusting human being.

When and If Ogbakor Ikwerre decides..

Concern yourselves with your villages.
Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 04, 2015
BiafranMan:
land grabbers and oil thieves. What's your business with ikwerre land?

SS people, you see the treachery of Ibos? They are already scheming on how to change the names of your cities. When they lure you into biafra, they'll prevent you from speaking your language.
Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 04, 2015
Ikengawo:
I just pity the foolish SS people bought over by the silly biafra call.

All their heritage will be flushed down the drain by ibo imperialist.

Look at how they are already scheming on how to change the names of towns in SS.

Oil thieves and land grabbers.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by joeprince23(m): 7:56am On Jul 04, 2015
PH is ikwerre(igbo) land, let all igbos whether ikwerre,ngwa, izzi ,obigbo ,onelga , asaba,onitsha etc rise up and drive all okrika(ijaw) out of PH, and demolish all watersides. Before they turn Port harcourt to Warri...
Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by cocoduck: 7:57am On Jul 04, 2015
eighTHREAD:
I just pity the foolish SS people bought over by the silly biafra call.

All their heritage will be flushed down the drain by ibo imperialist.

Look at how they are already scheming on how to change the names of towns in SS.

Oil thieves and land grabbers.
HAHAHAHA
I understand you 10000000000% suddenly you realize that the people of the so called SE and SS and more south are solidly united, hence the out burst. But please, ever after the oil was discovered, when have the people of that place owned the oil and oil wells? Is is not awsaa fulani and yourobbers their slaves that own the oil wells. BTw enugu is unique because she has COAL, NATURAL GAS AND CRUDE OIL in abundance side by side, and Biafra is not about oil and gas, we have agreed that if the oil in the so called Nd is what you want we can negotiate!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by joeprince23(m): 8:10am On Jul 04, 2015
Any nigerian that has been to warri will appreciate my clarion call, warri has been turn to a joke by the yoruba's onesided favouring of a particular ethnic group(itsekiri),making land ownership and claim in warri for the survival of the fitest between, urhobo,itsekiri,ijaws,isoko hence ethnic enclaves like ogbe-ijaw ,ode-itsekiri etc. Even the mornach is olu of warri(olu of itsekiri). IT will NOT work in PORT-HARCOURT (ugwu-ocha - comprising of: obi/akpor lga,PH lga,obigbo lga )

1 Like

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by SegunAdewole: 9:07am On Jul 04, 2015
Portharcout is Iboland, that's how we yorubas actually see you in the SW. Every Amaechi, Chukwudi, Wike is Ibo. Many of us yorubas know that Ikwerre people are omo ibo. We just like to prey on political divide and rule sentiments that Nigeria encourages.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Port Hartcourt Still Named After A British Pedophile? by feedburner(m): 10:18am On Jul 04, 2015
igwu-ocha is the proper name pls

(1) (Reply)

Photo: People Behind Boko Haram Insurgency By Guru Maraji / 2 Beheaded, 4 Injured In Renewed Anambra/kogi Oil Wells Crisis / Ex-nimasa Boss Poses Threat To Buhari’s Life – DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.