Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) (1928 Views)

Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 / 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 / Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by SuperSuave(m): 2:59am On Jul 04, 2015

We all know that no Nigeria Musician as ever won Grammy. So this made me to compile the list of the six Nigeria Artist that can win the Grammy award for us.

The list goes thus:

1. FEMI KUTI: He has been nominated four times for the grammy award in the world music category in 2003, 2010, 2012 and 2013 but has never won it. Femi kuti’s voice was featured in the video game ” Grand Theft Auto IV”  if any Nigeria musician will win He would probably be the one.

2. LAGBAJA: Lagbaja is a multi- award winning Nigerian Afrobeat musician, singer and song writer. He was born in 1960 in Lagos. He is also a Globacom ambasssador.

3. DARE ART ALADE: Popularly known as Darey – is a Nigeria multi-platinum selling and award winning musician,singer-songwriter,and idol series judge.Darey is having one of the best vocal power in Nigeria music.

4. ASA: Asa is a Nigerian French singer, and a recording Artist. Her stage name “Asa means Hawk” in Yoruba. Asa as won alot of award including “French Music Awards” for the female artis of the year in 2011.

5. TIMI DAKOLO: Timi Dakolo is a Nigerian singer. He is the winner of the first season of Idols West Africa in 2007, beating the runner – up, Omawumi with 63% of the votes. In recent weeks Timi Dakolo as showned us what he is capable of by releasing two great songs “Iyawo mi, Great nation and Wish me well”

6. BANKY W: Wellington was born in the United states to Nigerian parents, but the family moved back to Lagos Nigeria when he was 5 years old where he began singing in his church at the age of 8. He along with Sasha p were the first official ambassadors of samsung electronics in Nigeria. Banky W has won alot of award which inludes” John Leonnon song writing award and Independent Music Awards,Usa”.

Do you think anyone who deserve it is not listed here? Add Yours with good reasons.

[/b]

[url=madailygist.com/]Source[/url]

Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by SuperSuave(m): 3:00am On Jul 04, 2015
Cc Lalasticlala, airmark

Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by donholy28(m): 4:14am On Jul 04, 2015
see as femi dey use all im strength to blow d trumpet…
Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by SuperSuave(m): 4:19am On Jul 04, 2015
donholy28:
see as femi dey use all im strength to blow d trumpet
Femi or uncle Femi? And it's a saxophone not a trumpet undecided +

1 Like

Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by Madamkilljoy(f): 4:23am On Jul 04, 2015
The odds favour four of the six lots. I wonder why Femi has never ever won the Grammies. Anyway I miss his dad- one of the seven wonders in the Nigerian, and to a large extent, African, music industry.

However, Lagbaja and Asa are my favourites any day, any time.
Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by donholy28(m): 4:27am On Jul 04, 2015
SuperSuave:

Femi or uncle Femi? And it's a saxophone not a trumpet undecided +
will d uncle add one ounce to his body?Besides u understood what i meant by trumpet...
Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by SuperSuave(m): 4:38am On Jul 04, 2015
donholy28:
will d uncle add one ounce to his body?Besides u understood what i meant by trumpet...
when you're in Nigeria, act like a Nigerian. Africa is a land of respect brother, and respect they say is reciprocal +
Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by jascon1(m): 4:57am On Jul 04, 2015
donholy28:
take corrections and win for life. Is a nicely positive response. It's a sax n not a trumpet
Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by donholy28(m): 6:12am On Jul 04, 2015
jascon1:
take corrections and win for life. Is a nicely positive response. It's a sax n not a trumpet
did i say i didn't know what it was? use ur head my brother... even a child will know that i meant the instrument in his hands...no matter which name i call it
Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by donholy28(m): 6:14am On Jul 04, 2015
SuperSuave:
when you're in Nigeria, act like a Nigerian. Africa is a land of respect brother, and respect they say is reciprocal +
am using ur signature against u...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by jascon1(m): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2015
donholy28:
did i say i didn't know what it was? use ur head my brother... even a child will know that i meant the instrument in his hands...no matter which name i call it
brother u no no. I'm telling u, u didn't no. Why wud u rather choose to be publicly embarrassed when u got the right word. Am saying no one knows it all. Just nicely say "thank you" and no come here come open eye for anybody. Ignorance is detachable
Re: List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) by donholy28(m): 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
jascon1:
brother u no no. I'm telling u, u didn't no. Why wud u rather choose to be publicly embarrassed when u got the right word. Am saying no one knows it all. Just nicely say "thank you" and no come here come open eye for anybody. Ignorance is detachable
I used the word that's most familiar to us...trumpet... not knowing that a jerk will make a big case out of it

(1) (Reply)

Psquare: "Away" Instrumental Remake. / Chris Brown-under The Influence (drill Version) / Noah Kahan - Stick Season Mp3 Download & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.