₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,232,028 members, 4,884,053 topics. Date: Monday, 22 April 2019 at 11:19 PM

Preparing for IELTS?...get in here - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing for IELTS?...get in here (462093 Views)

Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. / How To Achieve Ielts(general Training) Band 9 For Immigration, Connect Here. / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by bmonty(f): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
thank you
jumoye:
For Liz Videos and Essays, click the below link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1icAIgLPtvEcff1dDvleYc3cwIiFeHvVG

2 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Daporeals(m): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2018
If I may ask.
The time frame for the reading part.is it enough?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by NanaF: 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
Daporeals:
If I may ask.
The time frame for the reading part.is it enough?

Yes it is enough. Use at most 25minutes for Section 1 and 2. For the Section 3, you need at least 30minutes. Use the last 5 minutes to go over your answers
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Daporeals(m): 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2018
But the instructions say "60 min for all the 3 passages " and from my practice is looking to small And it also says 20 min each and between have you done your at nanaf
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hey guys.. please I need study mates for IELTS in Abuja. Please if u in abj, and u wanna do group practice. Let's work it out. Competition and team work helps for faster assimilation

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Daporeals(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
NanaF:

Yes it is enough. Use at most 25minutes for Section 1 and 2. For the Section 3, you need at least 30minutes. Use the last 5 minutes to go over your answers
oh I see, that means you will not be reading the passage then if am correct, instead you will just go straight into answering the question, but how are you going to understand, because for understanding sake you will have to read the question may be twice, and from my observation a passage alone should amount between 12-15 if am not mistaken

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by WhizzyG: 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2018
guys please I'm about to pay for my ielts, aside the costs, which would you advice I go for BC or MOD?

based on outcome of people's performance, is there any preference?

I need responses please cry
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by NanaF: 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
Daporeals:
oh I see, that means you will not be reading the passage then if am correct, instead you will just go straight into answering the question, but how are you going to understand, because for understanding sake you will have to read the question may be twice, and from my observation a passage alone should amount between 12-15 if am not mistaken

I’ve done mine. It’s not too small. Just manage your time well. Practice, practice and keep practicing.

Read the question first before the passage so you already know what you’re looking for when you see it. That way if you have to go back to the passage again it will be skimming not proper reading.

Read the tips below from someone who scored a band 9 in reading
http://ieltsliz.com/how-i-scored-9-in-ielts-reading/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by NanaF: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2018
WhizzyG:
guys please I'm about to pay for my ielts, aside the costs, which would you advice I go for BC or MOD?

based on outcome of people's performance, is there any preference?

I need responses please cry

People say MOD is stricter with writing based on their experience.

Also MOD charges 46k for a remark while BC charges 15k. People also say the result of the remark comes faster from MOD.

You can try BC due to people’s experience with MOD writing
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by brosjay2k17: 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
I took mine with MOD and i had 7.5 in writing first attempt, on a general note i think MOD is cool. Aside the EOR charges that is higher.
NanaF:

Also MOD charges 46k for a remark while BC charges 15k. People also say the result of the remark comes faster from MOD.

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by brosjay2k17: 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
MOD is 68,000 and BC is 75,000. If you are sure of your self and don't have intentions of requesting for EOR, just go for MOD. Don't forget that if you request for EOR and your scores change, there is a refund.
NanaF:

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by NanaF: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
brosjay2k17:
MOD is 68,000 and BC is 75,000. If you are sure of your self and don't have intentions of requesting for EOR, just go for MOD. Don't forget that if you request for EOR and your scores change, there is a refund.

Do you work for MOD? You just registered this account and your posts are only on MOD related topics. If you do, why can’t they bring down the cost for EOR to be same as BC?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by WhizzyG: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2018
NanaF:

Alright, thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by swtjane: 11:43pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hello everyone, please is there anyone who has written( IELTS for UKVI LIFE SKILLS A1).
Please i need more information from someone who has written the the test, questions asked pleased during the test so I can practice them. My test is on the 9th of August, I will appreciate your quick response thanks.......
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ddu: 8:49am On Aug 01, 2018
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by iambiola(m): 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
codeplace:
I have sent to LIZ Videos to those who mentioned me. Subsequent email will be sent to those who reply the sent email.
could you please send the video to me?? Kalmatonline@gmail.com thanks .
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Daporeals(m): 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
Good afternoon guys.please if u may ask , the speaking test normally comes when. Is it before or after LRW
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Shakushaku1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2018
Writing task one academic is driving me nuts, neva loved it, pls anyone with Xtra tip to ace this should pls share.. Abeg exam is next week
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by brosjay2k17: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
No i don't work for them, i just join Niaraland, yes the first topics i saw was on IELTS and i decide to look at others and contribute my little token.
NanaF:

Do you work for MOD? You just registered this account and your posts are only on MOD related topics. If you do, why can’t they bring down the cost for EOR to be same as BC?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by NanaF: 4:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
Daporeals:
Good afternoon guys.please if u may ask , the speaking test normally comes when. Is it before or after LRW

It comes before
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by swtjane: 12:45am On Aug 02, 2018
Please what questions were you asked during the test
lamjell:
Modules =speaking and listening(life skills A1)

Test Time 9:00am

Test Date=25th of january 2018

Test Venue Elion House Hotel.

Plot 7/8 Agbeke Rotinwa Street (Off Hannat Balogun Str), Dolphin Estate Extension Ikoyi, Lagos
ANYONE WRITING AT THAT VENUE AND DATE?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by daseento(m): 2:55am On Aug 02, 2018
codeplace:
If you score 6.0 or 6.5 in writing and want to 7 or above, all you need is liz videos. The three videos cover three different essay. To get the video, just quote or mention me. Don't complicate yourself with different approach. Stick with one pattern and recommend Liz.

Hello,

Kindly assist a brother isaiah38me(at)gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by iambiola(m): 7:57am On Aug 02, 2018
iambiola:
could you please send the video to me?? Kalmatonline@gmail.com thanks .
@codeplace please send me Liz’s video for writing . Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by soliq55(m): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
codeplace:
If you score 6.0 or 6.5 in writing and want to 7 or above, all you need is liz videos. The three videos cover three different essay. To get the video, just quote or mention me. Don't complicate yourself with different approach. Stick with one pattern and recommend Liz.

Please send me Liz videos. Oluseye55@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Bobority: 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
Livy2018:
For all those who need material on IELTS general training, please quote me with your email address. I will try to send to as many people as I can.

Congrats to those who aced the test, I wrote with MOD IDP on 12th May and got LRWS - 8.5, 9, 7, 8.5.

Kindly send to bim1chic at yahoo dot com.....thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by scobyy2007: 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
Please call 08077768238. I am super interested. grin

DonFreshmoney:
Hey guys.. please I need study mates for IELTS in Abuja. Please if u in abj, and u wanna do group practice. Let's work it out. Competition and team work helps for faster assimilation
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Preye21: 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
had my ielts test today. it wasn`t quite difficult
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Greatkhad: 11:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
Preye21:
had my ielts test today. it wasn`t quite difficult

Kindly share ur speaking and writing questions
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Preye21: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
Greatkhad:

Kindly share your speaking and writing questions
speaking pt 1: where do you live. in a flat or house?
whats your favorite room. why?
do you use maps? how often
do u prefer paper or electronic map
does it rain alot in your area
have rain ever prevented you from going to somewhere

pt 2: describe a job you would like to do
what skills are required for the job
where did you learn about the job
what is really interesting about the job

pt 3: what kind of jobs do young people do in your country. why?
do u think preference for jobs would change in the future
why do people switch between jobs
what kind of jobs are well paid in your country

writing task 1: two bar charts comparing levels of education between secondary and university attendees in 4 continental regions

Task 2: some people think companies and private individuals, not government, should pay to clean up pollutants.
to what extent do u agree or disagree

2 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Daporeals(m): 5:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
Preye21:

speaking pt 1: where do you live. in a flat or house?
whats your favorite room. why?
do you use maps? how often
do u prefer paper or electronic map
does it rain alot in your area
have rain ever prevented you from going to somewhere

pt 2: describe a job you would like to do
what skills are required for the job
where did you learn about the job
what is really interesting about the job

pt 3: what kind of jobs do young people do in your country. why?
do u think preference for jobs would change in the future
why do people switch between jobs
what kind of jobs are well paid in your country

writing task 1: two bar charts comparing levels of education between secondary and university attendees in 4 continental regions

Task 2: some people think companies and private individuals, not government, should pay to clean up pollutants.
to what extent do u agree or disagree
can you also share your reading
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Haysamo: 7:51pm On Aug 03, 2018
Livy2018:
For all those who need material on IELTS general training, please quote me with your email address. I will try to send to as many people as I can.

Congrats to those who aced the test, I wrote with MOD IDP on 12th May and got LRWS - 8.5, 9, 7, 8.5.

Pls kindly send to me
currentsamo@gmail.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Haysamo: 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
codeplace:
I have sent liz paid video to those who mention or quote me. To receive more interesting materials, pls reply the email

Can you help with the liz paid video?
Currentsamo@gmail.com
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (319) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.