₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,210,250 members, 4,824,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 20 March 2019 at 06:40 AM

Preparing for IELTS?...get in here - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing for IELTS?...get in here (441343 Views)

Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. / How To Achieve Ielts(general Training) Band 9 For Immigration, Connect Here. / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (304) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Bisolar: 8:02am On Aug 31, 2018
Cambridge ielts was major material. I made sure I finished everything except 2008 or so.

For my reading, skimming first line of passages didn't help me for matching headings.
I read all passages to get a solid idea of content of passage. Then when I have matched all headings I look at headings left and ensure it isn't closer or a better fit to any passage.

Then those passages for headings have two or more potential headings. So sometimes you have to weigh the lines each has and the weight to see which one is better. Watch out for headings that jump at you, sometimes they are false.

For True False, ielts liz tips helped me understand difference between true,false and not given.

Then when I marked practice tests, I would go back to read the passages and see why exactly I missed it. This helped for the true/false especially.

damzy88:
Sorry about your result. I have been struggling with reading.What materials did you use. Any tips? This is my second time of scoring 6.5 in reading.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Bisolar: 8:05am On Aug 31, 2018
Congratulations on your results..

AdaZion2018:
Ielts done n dusted. Thank you @codedplace and everyone who shared the IeltsLiz 's paid videos. It really helped me. Although I almost lost time planning my points and supporting points. Thank God I remained time conscious.

Listening 9, Reading 7.5, Writing 7, Speaking 8.5

I wrote with BC
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by piro007(m): 8:12am On Aug 31, 2018
AdaZion2018:
Ielts done n dusted. Thank you @codedplace and everyone who shared the IeltsLiz 's paid videos. It really helped me. Although I almost lost time planning my points and supporting points. Thank God I remained time conscious.

I wrote with BC
congrats zion,hapi for u,pls can i have d materials u used to enable me prep for mine,(peteriyogun007@gmail.com).tks n God bless
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by damzy88: 8:14am On Aug 31, 2018
Bisolar:
Cambridge ielts was major material. I made sure I finished everything except 2008 or so.

For my reading, skimming first line of passages didn't help me for matching headings.
I read all passages to get a solid idea of content of passage. Then when I have matched all headings I look at headings left and ensure it isn't closer or a better fit to any passage.

Then those passages for headings have two or more potential headings. So sometimes you have to weigh the lines each has and the weight to see which one is better. Watch out for headings that jump at you, sometimes they are false.

For True False, ielts liz tips helped me understand difference between true,false and not given.

Then when I marked practice tests, I would go back to read the passages and see why exactly I missed it. This helped for the true/false especially.

Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by damzy88: 8:17am On Aug 31, 2018
Bisolar:

Do you have the link to Cambridge ielts?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Hunnybee: 8:20am On Aug 31, 2018
I finished early and even had time to confirm if i wrote within the word limit. I wrote 282 for task 2 and 174 for task 1.
According to them now, my conclusion wasn't good, i made typographical errors and my paragraphing was bad.... All lies. I am a million percent sure i didn't make any of the mistakes they listed. I'm considering filling an enquiry form too.

shege45:
exactly, thats d reason why i am so sure of it. Task 1 and 2 didn't take me 40mins combined together. Av seen that question bfor. My task achievement should be top notch, my coherence and cohesion shld b da bomb. The other two should be great so am still tryin to figure out the loop hole here

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by codeplace: 8:24am On Aug 31, 2018
I have sent liz paid video to those that mentioned me. I also sent interesting material to those who replied the email. You can only get more interesting materials if you reply the email. All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Baby88: 8:30am On Aug 31, 2018
Anyone gotten results from mod. Tension ooooo.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by senola1: 8:30am On Aug 31, 2018
codeplace:
I have sent liz paid video to those that mentioned me. I also sent interesting material to those who replied the email. You can only get more interesting materials if you reply the email. All the best

Good morning Boss, could you please send me the videos to my email address - duncamdapo@yahoo.com

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by CanadianBae: 8:42am On Aug 31, 2018
shege45:
i think anyday, its collection of result that has specific days

Oh okay...
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by AdaZion2018: 8:42am On Aug 31, 2018
Hey everyone calm down. I concluded ielts is not test of intelligence it's more of paying attention to the tips n tricks in answering their questions. This was actually my third attempt o

L 7.5, 7.5, 9
R 6.5, 8, 7.5
W 7, 6.5, 7
S 7.5, 7.5, 8.5

My first attempt I entered as per its just English na. The writing I only practiced how to paraphrase and I wrote the essay with my head knowledge about essay writing and got a 7. Second attempt I wrote with Jay's method "this essay will discuss" I know I heard him say he hasn't gotten a band 9 in writing just speaking. I came across liz's blog where she posted phrases that will mark you down and "this essay will discuss" was there. I jejely went back to Liz for writing and also came across her paid videos. I used it this third time and it made me more organized but I nearly lost time. You have to be conscious of time when planning your points. I had used 10mins planning my points and supporting points.

For writing stick to ieltsLiz here are some of her paid videos

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1icAIgLPtvEcff1dDvleYc3cwIiFeHvVG Liz paid videos

There're also telegram groups where the videos are posted
t.me/IELTSVideo
t.me/ieltsVideoSirojiddin

For listening all Cambridge materials are perfect just download the listening and practice. My first 2 attempts I lost concentration on the map part but the third time thank God no map grin

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B05iKVGb4P60TjMwYlQwbDBGNWs?usp=sharing

Practice general reading and see different topics on speaking and writing and think of your own possible answers

Once you learn the tips n strategies used you'll be fine. You are intelligent don't worry just learn their style and practice practice practice well. From Cambridge 1-12 and Barron's too.

Goodluck everyone it will end in praise

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by TAxposer: 8:51am On Aug 31, 2018
MOD result isnt out yet oo..tension..chai

2 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Ozzy15: 9:05am On Aug 31, 2018
[pleasebe kind enough to send me the Liz paid videos cheboz1111@gmail.com God bless you.

Congratulations.

quote author=AdaZion2018 post=70767341]Ielts done n dusted. Thank you @codedplace and everyone who shared the IeltsLiz 's paid videos. It really helped me. Although I almost lost time planning my points and supporting points. Thank God I remained time conscious.

I wrote with BC[/quote]
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by TAxposer: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2018
otunbanimi:
I can’t view mine too. I did with MOD IDP

SAME HERE...tension is real

2 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by AdaZion2018: 9:13am On Aug 31, 2018
For Cambridge materials

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B05iKVGb4P60TjMwYlQwbDBGNWs?usp=sharing

For IeltsLiz's paid videos

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1icAIgLPtvEcff1dDvleYc3cwIiFeHvVG

For more materials, send an email to @codedplace. Search the thread for his moniker. This links has been posted several times here too.

Goodluck especially to those remarking it will come out favorable in Jesus name amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Hunnybee: 9:15am On Aug 31, 2018
That you thought it was a test of intelligence at first does not mean we all did too. I for one knew it was not only about english, I didn't enter with 'it's just english nah' in mind so i didn't study but i practised instead. I did my homework, i used the 'tips and tricks' . Congratulations, we are happy that you got lucky this time. However, the truth remains that IELTS is deliberately marking people down, like Bisolar rightly said, almost everyone cannot get the same mark in essay writing except something is wrong somewhere.

[quote author=AdaZion2018 post=70770760]Hey everyone calm down. I concluded ielts is not test of intelligence it's more of paying attention to the tips n tricks in answering their questions. This was actually my third attempt o

L 7.5, 7.5, 9
R 6.5, 8, 7.5
W 7, 6.5, 7
S 7.5, 7.5, 8.5

My first attempt I entered as per its just English na. The writing I only practiced how to paraphrase and I wrote the essay with my head knowledge about essay writing and got a 7. Second attempt I wrote with Jay's method "this essay will discuss" I know I heard him say he hasn't gotten a band 9 in writing just speaking. I came across liz's blog where she posted phrases that will mark you down and "this essay will discuss" was there. I jejely went back to Liz for writing and also came across her paid videos. I used it this third time and it made me more organized but I nearly lost time. You have to be conscious of time when planning your points. I had used 10mins planning my points and supporting points.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by TAxposer: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2018
Hunnybee:
That you thought it was a test of intelligence at first does not mean we all did too. I for one knew it was not only about english, I didn't enter with 'it's just english nah' in mind so i didn't study but i practised instead. I did my homework, i used the 'tips and tricks' . Congratulations, we are happy that you got lucky this time. However, the truth remains that IELTS is deliberately marking people down, like Bisolar rightly said, almost everyone cannot get the same mark in essay writing except something is wrong somewhere.

Personally,i think BC is a fraud..They dont take their time to mark the writing script well..My first attempt was with BC..had L8 R9 S7 W6 and i was sure of what i wrote

3 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by senola1: 9:24am On Aug 31, 2018
TAxposer:

Personally,i think BC is a fraud..They dont take their time to mark the writing script well..My first attempt was with BC..had L8 R9 S7 W6 and i was sure of what i wrote

It is a known fact that BC has been a fraud since like forever. In a bid to generate more revenue by making people pay for EOR and still maintaining same scores so they dont have to refund you the cost of EOR, they know desperate candidates would surely come back knocking to pay another 75k for the IELTS exam. Otherwise how else does one explain how someone would get an 8, 9, 6.5 and 7.5 first attempt and second attempt virtually same thing in LRWS respectively. It marvels me.

I know one day it would be a thing of the past. One good day!

6 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Bisolar: 9:30am On Aug 31, 2018
Adazion has kindly posted it. Just download.
damzy88:
Do you have the link to Cambridge ielts?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by damzy88: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2018
Bisolar:
Adazion has kindly posted it. Just download.
Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by AdaZion2018: 9:46am On Aug 31, 2018
Hunnybee:

Hi Hunnbee, I wasn't referring to you or anyone I was stating my experience and how grateful I am for the said experience. I was also encouraging others not to feel bad or give up. I don't know what tone you used in reading my post tho. I have a friend who I know is super intelligent but listening keeps humbling her.

My post was my own experience and I know someone can n will relate to it.

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Queenwoman: 9:50am On Aug 31, 2018
Aug 18th was my 3rd trial and only made me confirm how much of a scam British Council is. I strongly believe that candidates go behind to settle them hence the likelihood of them swapping scripts besides we all wrote our names in pencil. If only they could share our scripts and allow us spot-on the SUPPOSED grammatical errors identified. I caught them this time because I was graced to come across the essay topic before the exam and I practiced and gave someone to review. My advice is that people should no longer use BC because the integrity of their marking is highly questionable. Congratulations to those who passed: Luck really shun on you. There's really No need to brood. Perhaps, I would have deserved the 5.5 in writing if I had issues with concord and vocabulary

2 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by bests: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2018
Still waiting for MOD...Got the below feedback when i sent them a mail.

God help Us.

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for contacting us at MOD IELTS TEST CENTER.

Please be informed that the results online are being uploaded in batches.

However, you can pick up the hard copy of your result at our office

between 9 am to 3 p.m for Lagos Candidates, and 12 noon to 3 p.m for Candidates in other Locations.

Best Regards,
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by TAxposer: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2018
bests:

Still waiting for MOD...Got the below feedback when i sent them a mail.

God help Us.

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for contacting us at MOD IELTS TEST CENTER.

Please be informed that the results online are being uploaded in batches.

However, you can pick up the hard copy of your result at our office

between 9 am to 3 p.m for Lagos Candidates, and 12 noon to 3 p.m for Candidates in other Locations.

Best Regards,
[color=#006600][/color]

chai...ive been refreshing their site since morning oo
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ednut1(m): 10:10am On Aug 31, 2018
Queenwoman:
Aug 18th was my 3rd trial and only made me confirm how much of a scam British Council is. I strongly believe that candidates go behind to settle them hence the likelihood of them swapping scripts besides we all wrote our names in pencil. If only they could share our scripts and allow us spot-on the SUPPOSED grammatical errors identified. I caught them this time because I was graced to come across the essay topic before the exam and I practiced and gave someone to review. My advice is that people should no longer use BC because the integrity of their marking is highly questionable. Congratulations to those who passed: Luck really shun on you. There's really No need to brood. Perhaps, I would have deserved the 5.5 in writing if I had issues with concord and vocabulary
same feeling. My last test was better than my previous ones. Still got 6.5 in all. I write reports and documentation at work which gets reviewed globally. This pple are really silly

2 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by dennel(m): 10:20am On Aug 31, 2018
Ozzy15:
[pleasebe kind enough to send me the Liz paid videos cheboz1111@gmail.com God bless you.

Congratulations.

quote author=AdaZion2018 post=70767341]Ielts done n dusted. Thank you @codedplace and everyone who shared the IeltsLiz 's paid videos. It really helped me. Although I almost lost time planning my points and supporting points. Thank God I remained time conscious.

I wrote with BC

Congratulations

Could you please copy me as well with the paid videos...

dennel022@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by TAxposer: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2018
FINALLY DONE WITH IELTS

MOD RESULT IS OUT

L8.5 R 8.5 W 7.5 R 7.5

second attempt

1st attempt was with BC,had 6 in writing july 28 so i decided to sit again for the next one with MOD

11 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by shege45: 11:02am On Aug 31, 2018
TAxposer:
FINALLY DONE WITH IELTS

MOD RESULT IS OUT

L8.5 R 8.5 W 7.5 R 7.5

second attempt

1st attempt was with BC,had 6 in writing july 28 so i decided to sit again for the next one with MOD
abeg, how do i register with mod. Bc pple are mad

2 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by bests: 11:05am On Aug 31, 2018
TAxposer:

chai...ive been refreshing their site since morning oo

Its finally out....I love this MOD..after about four(4) attempts with BC (missed speaking like 2x)...Just this once and i just aced it.
L-8,R-7,S-8.5,W-7.5..Overall -8

Somebody shout Halleluyah!

10 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by TAxposer: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2018
bests:

Its finally out....I love this MOD..after about four(4) attempts with BC (missed speaking like 2x)...Just this once and i just aced it.
L-8,R-7,S-8.5,W-7.5..Overall -8

Somebody shout Halleluyah!

congratssssssssssssssssssss....FINALLY....Bleep BC and their useless marking
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by TAxposer: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2018
shege45:
abeg, how do i register with mod. Bc pple are mad

IELTS.ng ...its cheaper 68k
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Baby88: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2018
Thank God ooooo
Mod for life.
L-8
R-8
W-8
S-8.5

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (304) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.