₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,163,860 members, 4,714,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 January 2019 at 11:02 PM

Preparing for IELTS?...get in here - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing for IELTS?...get in here (407336 Views)

Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. / How To Achieve Ielts(general Training) Band 9 For Immigration, Connect Here. / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (275) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Richmondoau(m): 6:48pm On Jan 07
babyoj:
Hello house, please I need your help on the review of this essay. This was the topic last weekend. Thanks for your help

cc freshdad, cc sinie, cc iamkunski, cc tajaise

How long (mins) did it takes you to write this?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by docsam007: 6:55pm On Jan 07
codeplace:
I have sent liz paid videos to those who mentioned or quote me. Pls dont expose yourself to too much materials, for writing pattern, just follow liz pattern. If you didnt receive liz paid video, maybe your email isn't correct. Those using boxbe.com, sorry I cant do that

Pls send to. Docsamonline2000@Yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by babyoj: 6:58pm On Jan 07
longer than i planed, 50 min.
Richmondoau:
How long (mins) did it takes you to write this?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by themsure: 7:20pm On Jan 07
codeplace:
Mention me I will send you Liz paid videos or check my profile
Please send me the link to Liz paid video
Themmysure@gmail.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Richmondoau(m): 7:48pm On Jan 07
babyoj:
longer than i planed, 50 min.
Try write another one in 35mins, then I will let you know what next.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Rify(f): 9:04pm On Jan 07
@codedplace please can you send to me?

Please who's writting on 19th January ? Any group or something for practice?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by eyinola: 9:17pm On Jan 07
codeplace:
I have sent liz paid videos to those who mentioned or quote me. Pls dont expose yourself to too much materials, for writing pattern, just follow liz pattern. If you didnt receive liz paid video, maybe your email isn't correct. Those using boxbe.com, sorry I cant do that
I need it too
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by eyinola: 9:18pm On Jan 07
codeplace:
I need it too. Oeyinola@yahoo.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Richmondoau(m): 9:33pm On Jan 07
Rify:
@codedplace please can you send to me?

Please who's writting on 19th January ? Any group or something for practice?
send pm and I will send materials to you.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by trendy09(f): 9:53pm On Jan 07
Godfidence:
Please I need a serious minded reading partner in Abeokuta!
Im in Abeokuta.Will be writing on the 19th...PM me if u are a female.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 2busy: 10:13pm On Jan 07
Oluwole3839:
Hello Everyone,

Learnt CBT for IELTS now available in Nigeria. Please, does this have any advantage over paper based test? Is it recommendable?

Thanks.

This is Jay's Opinion on the CBT generally
https://blog.e2language.com/why-computer-based-ielts-test-is-a-better-choice/

And on the Writing
https://blog.e2language.com/5-reasons-why-the-computer-based-ielts-is-better/

One significant change in CBT is that test centres are significantly less crowded. The order of the test is a little different. CBT starts with Listening, to be followed by Reading, Writing, and finally Speaking. As mentioned before, a human evaluator conducts the Speaking component.

While the PBT allowed an extra 10 minutes of time in the Listening component, CBT does away with it altogether. A test-taker is given time within and between different sections to check the answers, but there is no extra time allowed at the end. Every test-taker is allotted a computer booth and a headset for the Listening component.

Once you click on ‘Start Test’ on the introductory screen, it takes you to the questions. There’s clock at the top of the screen which shows you how much time you are left with before the other components begin. The clock will turn red and start flashing when you have ten and five minutes left. The timer automatically stops when the test ends. Instructions for each part are in a box at the top of the screen. The navigation bar at the bottom can be used to move from one question to the next. Alternatively, you could click on a number to go directly to that question. You can use the back arrow to navigate to the last question. After one answers, a line appears at the bottom of the question number in the navigation bar at the bottom. In case you have doubts on whether a specific response is correct, you can click on review at the bottom bar, and come back to it later. Answers marked for consideration will have a circle around the question number at the bottom navigation bar for easier accessibility. Responses can be reviewed and changed anytime till the test ends. There is an option to highlight text, and also to hide your screen if one has to leave the test room for some time

Intuitively speaking, the most significant advantages of CBT are expected to be in the Writing component of IELTS. Typing is indeed more comfortable, and faster than writing down the answers. There''s also more scope for editing, re-structuring sentences anytime within the given timeframe. No fear of strikethroughs, arrows, or even lousy handwriting. Further, the word count appears on the screen, and one does not have to count all the words manually.

SOURCE: https://ieltstutorials.online/blog/computer-based-ielts-exam

We need the opinion of those that have attempted the CBT in Lagos to share their experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Rify(f): 10:31pm On Jan 07
Richmondoau:
send pm and I will send materials to you.

I just did please
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Beamsie: 10:46pm On Jan 07
codeplace:
I’m very much interested in this paid video ogunleke.abimbola@gmail.com. Thanks so much in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Richmondoau(m): 10:50pm On Jan 07
Rify:

I just did please
Done
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by SQLmastar(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07
@codeplace, can you put the files into a Google drive or something? For everyone atleast.
I need them too.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Richmondoau(m): 11:12pm On Jan 07
trendy09:

Im in Abeokuta.Will be writing on the 19th...PM me if u are a female.
If you are still some1 who feel unsecured been with the opposite sex then ielts exams is not for you.

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Temikal: 6:22am On Jan 08
hi everyone I would be taking my IELTS exams (Academic) nextweek and I need materials to study with.
Thanks.

here is my email: biddex45tee@gmail.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Joelaking(m): 12:09pm On Jan 08
Hello everyone. I'm a serving corps member. I would like to write the exam around June. Please what do I need to know? Any serious materials do you think will help me ace the test at once and with ease? If you have any and won't mind sharing, kindly send to joelakingunola@gmail.com.

Thanks.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by BOLANLE09: 1:31pm On Jan 08
docsam007:

Pls send to me. obcitalian@yahoo.com

Pls send to. Docsamonline2000@Yahoo.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by BOLANLE09: 1:33pm On Jan 08
@codeplace pls send the Liz paid video to my mail obcitalian@yahoo.com
Beamsie:

I’m very much interested in this paid video ogunleke.abimbola@gmail.com. Thanks so much in anticipation
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by BOLANLE09: 1:40pm On Jan 08
codeplace:
Mention me I will send you Liz paid videos or check my profile
Codeplace pls kindly send d videoto my mail. obcitalian@yahoo.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 2busy: 4:18pm On Jan 08
Richmondoau:
If you are still some1 who feel unsecured been with the opposite sex then ielts exams is not for you.

How true is this assertion?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ZaraOli: 7:10pm On Jan 08
@codeplace
pls send materials to me toligbo@gmail.c o m
Thank you
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Rify(f): 7:52pm On Jan 08
Richmondoau:
Done

I didn't get it ooo.
Good Evening
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Rify(f): 7:54pm On Jan 08
Please who's in Abuja and writting on 19th. I need study buddies biko
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Richmondoau(m): 8:45pm On Jan 08
Rify:

I didn't get it ooo.
Good Evening
Are you sure ?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by clintonsparkz(m): 11:42pm On Jan 08
codeplace:
pls kindly send to Umehstanleyx@gmail.com

thanks bro
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by lightdream: 2:24am On Jan 09
@codeplace. Pls kindly help send material to lightdream633@gmail.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Travelbuddy01(f): 3:28am On Jan 09
Rify:
Please who's in Abuja and writting on 19th. I need study buddies biko

Hi dear i sent you a Pm i will be writting in few weeks time i need a study buddy as well am in ABUJA.

3 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Travelbuddy01(f): 3:51am On Jan 09
IRENEME:
Hi Guys,

God did it!!!! grin

Listening- 9
Reading- 9
Writing- 8.0
Speaking- 7.5.

God is good oooooooooh!
wish you all the best.

shocked shocked Did you write with BC or MOD?

Again what specific materials did you use in your listening and reading shocked shocked those 2 i really need to tackle them this time.

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by dahme147: 8:07am On Jan 09
shegzee43:
I have just sent to everyone. Please, confirm receipt.

Boss kindly forward ielts study materials to dahme147@gmail.com....Godbless
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by dahme147: 8:17am On Jan 09
Akkord4gov:

bro Shegzee,pls kindly send the IELTS materials to me too. I will so much appreciate your kind and expected gesture. Thanks alot and God bless
naseemraji99@gmail.com

Boss kindly forward the ielts study materials to dahme147@gmail.com....Godbless

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (275) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: omohakin, joyoi and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.