Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave (4169 Views)

Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave - Nigeriantimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by AtlanticBreeze: 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
oduastates:
If true ,then Buhari on track.
Fayose next.
Clowns
Keep encouraging the terrorist. Very soon we will all match to aso rock to take our nation back from this terrorist. The events in Egypt will be a child's play
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by bettercreature(m): 12:20am On Jul 05, 2015
Starships4u:
The Northern Agenda continues... No harms to the other half
Can you Imagine 3 years study leave? does it make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by Demdem(m): 12:39am On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:
Since due process was followed and buhari still went ahead to reverse what was duly done, I recommend that those affected by this illegal demotion exercise should proceed to court and seek justice. Why will Buihari bring his Daura brother to witch-hunt imaginery enemies?

Protection seeker, what due process? Let her take her employers to court then. She should be recalled from her study leave and posted to sambissa. Let her start running her mouth from there. Good riddance.

1 Like

Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by feedburner(m): 12:53am On Jul 05, 2015
wise7:
The Department of State Service (DSS) seems to be in trouble already as some policy reversals which operatives consider as “witch-hunt” are being implemented just four days after a new Director General took over.

The DG Lawal Daura has, for instance suspended promotions done this year in the Service which were approved by former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Sources in the administration said that the former Spokesman of DSS, Marylyn Ogar who got an approval to proceed on three years study leave during the tenure of the former DG, Ita Ekpeyong has been asked to return to the country immediately.

A source who clarified the process of promotion in the Service however said on Saturday that “promotions in the DSS are recommended by the Service, forwarded to the National Security Adviser, who ratifies and then forwards to the President for approval.

The source said: “All these steps were followed. These promotions were duly approved by immediate ex- President Goodluck Jonathan before they were effected. It is difficult to prove any lapses or irregularities in that process because the incumbent DG, Daura, was also a beneficiary of a similar exercise when ex-DG, Ekpenyong Ita promoted him to the post of a Director at the twilight of his career shortly before he retired from Service.”

President Buhari in a circular approved the reversal of all promotions in the DSS approved by the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan from March 31.

A memo released to operatives of the secret police and signed by Toma Minti on behalf of the DG indicated that President Muhammadu Buhari had spotted “observed lapses” in the promotions released from March 31 and has accordingly directed a suspension.

The personnel affected include those promoted, converted and upgraded within the period under review. They are, therefore, to revert to their former ranks with immediate effect.”

It was gathered that panic has already gripped operatives of the Service, following allegations of a possible witch hunt as it was said that some departments, including the Public Relations and the Institute for Security Studies were being already penciled for certain actions.

The memo directed all affected personnel to revert to the old ranks while a committee was constituted to review all cases.

“If President Buhari had actually ordered the suspension, then he must have been grossly misled. Come around and sample the opinions of my colleagues and you would be amazed at such low morale that pervades the Service since the release of the circular”, another operative said.

Source :http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/breaking-maryln-ogar-demoted-recalled-from-study-leave/

recall, demote, fire all biafrans then replace with haruna musa.

When we start our own madness let nobody complain. well we won't stay in the zoo for that long. one Nigeria indeed.
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by feedburner(m): 12:57am On Jul 05, 2015
bettercreature:
Can you Imagine 3 years study leave? does it make sense to you?

No, it doesn't make sense but negotiating with boko haram and not appointing FEC does.

abominable republic of the zoo
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by feedburner(m): 12:59am On Jul 05, 2015
HungerBAD:
Buhari Is working.

We talked about change and that is happening now.

We talked about corruption, and BABA is fighting it now by dissolving the NNPC, board. And this very corrupt woman has been recalled to face justice.

Step by step Nigeria will change in Buhari's tenure. When was the last time you heard any person steal millions, let alone billions under baba?

Those fighting Buhari are the thieves, and supporters of the past thievery/corrupt govt.

SAI BABA.

u didn't hear kwakwaso left Kano in debt at tune of N300b
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by oshyno(m): 12:59am On Jul 05, 2015
And what happens when the next administration comes in ? Sack the ones Buhari promoted abi. This man is more confused than I thought.
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by feedburner(m): 1:00am On Jul 05, 2015
blacksta:
Fraudulent study leave - how convenient.... Power is transient

but no FEC after 35day is transparent?
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by feedburner(m): 1:02am On Jul 05, 2015
omenka:
I'd personally be disappointed in Baba if Marylin Ogre is only demoted and not prosecuted for dereliction of duty. That woman is the worst thing that ever happened to the DSS.

go brush ur teeth pls
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by bettercreature(m): 1:12am On Jul 05, 2015
feedburner:

No, it doesn't make sense but negotiating with boko haram and not appointing FEC does.

abominable republic of the zoo
Be patient everything is just going to be fine,if GEJ successfully negotiated with Niger Delta militants why not bokoharam?
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by hardywaltz(m): 1:15am On Jul 05, 2015
Marilyn how market?

This is why it pays to be a professional, you do your work without fear or favour and when politicians pressurize you to do the wrong thing inform them that you are bound by the PSR (Public Service Rules) to be apolitical.

Mbu J. Mbu next...

1 Like

Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by feedburner(m): 1:24am On Jul 05, 2015
bettercreature:
Be patient everything is just going to be fine,if GEJ successfully negotiated with Niger Delta militants why not bokoharam?

Niger Delta struggle was defined and sensible. The zoo makes all their money from biafran and live the indigenous people to die off
>> pollution of environment
>> no compensation
>> no infrastructural integration
and numerous injustice.
and mind u they don't target civilians, they destroy installations n kidnap people

I ask u why are boko haram unleashing mayhem?
well western education/culture is sin.

If FG negotiate with these group, it will facilitate some many things. watch n see
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by MyMouth(m): 4:44am On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:
Since due process was followed and buhari still went ahead to reverse what was duly done, I recommend that those affected by this illegal demotion exercise should proceed to court and seek justice. Why will Buihari bring his Daura brother to witch-hunt imaginery enemies?
Go to court? Nigga even if that woman is demoted to entry level, dem no born her well to go to court! My problem is that Pmb is being too linent with this people! Imaging if it were obj. Silly woman was danm to partisan and she was rewarded with cash, promotion and scholarship, she must be proved!
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by sunnyb0b0(m): 4:52am On Jul 05, 2015
nitt:
Hmmm.... by the time PMB implements his plans for Nigeria even by half ehn.

Some people go know say slowly and surely Change has come.

It will be painful to some but Nigeria is on a better road.

DSS, NNPC, MILITARY, NIMASA etc...

Watchout!

When will he implement hos plan against Boko Haram?
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 05, 2015
philips70:

Don't be hypocritical, due process was not followed. I don't expect you to challenge whatever fate that befalls this woman no matter your political inclination. Remember whatever goes around comes around.
How can you be in support of witch-hunt?
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by joseph1832(m): 8:24am On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:
How can you be in suppirt of witch-hunt?
Funny you never spoke otherwise when the said woman made a complete mockery of herself.
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by Jesusloveyou: 8:25am On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:
u always ascribe witch hunting into everything.

1 Like

Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2015
joseph1832:
Funny you never spoke otherwise when the said woman made a complete mockery of herself.

What does someone allegedly mocking herself got to do with whether or not due process was followed in her promotion? I don't respond to frivolties. If Buhari wasn't to solve personal scores through official witch-hunt then he should remember the case between AIG Nuhu Ribadu (RTD) and the FG under Yar'adua.
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by philips70(m): 9:04am On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:

Why do you see it as witchhunt and not as establishing a culture of institutional good conduct and due process? How would it feel like to you if as Buhari entered, he pretends nothing happened in the immediate past that's not appropriate and carry on from where GEJ stops by using all institutions of government to hound the opposition?

Sometimes it's good to pull off partisan garments to see things from a neutral point of view. If you don't reappraise the past you cannot set a good future. Precedence is very important. Before you jumped ship you saw how GEJ reduced all government institutions to agents of the ruling party. Ogar specifically went on air to say APC is the sponsor of BH! One of the reasons why we are where we are today is we are afraid of dealing with the truth. That woman overstepped the bounds of professionalism and most of her actions cannot be said to be in the line of her duties. Such cases must be addressed to sound a note of warning to whoever will occupy that position next to stick to her professional duties even to this current APC government. You are seeing clearly Buhari wants to instill professionalism and discipline in our various institutions Let's not resist such changes for partisan reasons. It will do us more harm than good.

Take it from me that if APC messes up at the end of 4 years you will never see me speak good about them. I am not a politician and I don't think am ever ready to be one. If this country works it is to me and my children's advantage.

PS: Barcanista, but I didn't hear from you when GEJ WITCH-HUNTED the last IG of police for romancing PMB and not doing according to his wishes during the governorship elections. Be warned - Our actions of today will hunt our future. Politicians are not worth dying for! Not for regional interests nor for any crumbs. Except you are a major player of which I know you are not.

Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 05, 2015
philips70:

Why do you see it as witchhunt and not as establishing a culture of institutional good conduct and due process? How would it feel like to you if as Buhari entered, he pretends nothing happened in the immediate past that's not appropriate and carry on from where GEJ stops by using all institutions of government to hound the opposition?

Sometimes it's good to pull off partisan garments to see things from a neutral point of view. If you don't reappraise the past you cannot set a good future. Precedence is very important. Before you jumped ship you saw how GEJ reduced all government institutions to agents of the ruling party. Ogar specifically went on air to say APC is the sponsor of BH! One of the reasons why we are where we are today is we are afraid of dealing with the truth. That woman overstepped the bounds of professionalism and most of her actions cannot be said to be in the line of her duties. Such cases must be addressed to sound a note of warning to whoever will occupy that position next to stick to her professional duties even to this current APC government. You are seeing clearly Buhari wants to instill professionalism and discipline in our various institutions Let's not resist such changes for partisan reasons. It will do us more harm than good.

Take it from me that if APC messes up at the end of 4 years you will never see me speak good about them. I am not a politician and I don't think am ever ready to be one. If this country works it is to me and my children's advantage.

PS: Barcanista, but I didn't hear from you when GEJ WITCH-HUNTED the last IG of police for romancing PMB and not doing according to his wishes during the governorship elections. Be warned - Our actions of today will hunt our future. Politicians are not worth dying for! Not for regional interests nor for any crumbs. Except you are a major player of which I know you are not.

Good morning.
All you wrote did not justify the demotion nor did they outline how due process wasn't followed. What Buhari did is similar to what Yar'adua did to Ribadu and some other Police officers. You don't use privileged position of trust (public office) to get back at perceived enemies. Nothing justifies it. If you feel she has committed any crime against the Civil service rule, the appropriate way is to setup the prescribed investigative committee to look into her case and if anything is established, you seerve her punishment as prescribed by the laws. You don't demote because she was against your party. Be objective!

As for IG Suleiman, it is the prerogative of the President to fire any IGP or Service chief that he lost confidence in. Did you hear me cry when Ita Ekpeyong was fired? This is different from Ogar's.
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by Demdem(m): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2015
[s]
barcanista:
All you wrote did not justify the demotion nor did they outline how due process wasn't followed. What Buhari did is similar to what Yar'adua did to Ribadu and some other Police officers. You don't use privileged position of trust (public office) to get back at perceived enemies. Nothing justifies it. If you feel she has committed any crime against the Civil service rule, the appropriate way is to setup the prescribed investigative committee to look into her case and if anything is established, you seerve her punishment as prescribed by the laws. You don't demote because she was against your party. Be objective!

As for IG Suleiman, it is the prerogative of the President to fire any IGP or Service chief that he lost confidence in. Did you hear me cry when Ita Ekpeyong was fired? This is different from Ogar's.
[/s]

Crap. Ask her to go to court if she feels injustice has been melted on her.
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by philips70(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:

Why are you specific about Ogar? The memo did not specify Ogar, this report did. Read it very well..it says all promotions made in March and everyone affected. If the president felt due process was not followed in the many last minute actions of GEJ and he deems it fit to revisit them please let it be his prerogative to do so. When GEJ was doing last minute hiring and firing that he couldn't do previously you all said he is the C-in-C and that his tenure ends May 29th. Now please let Buhari run his government the way he wants to. Has he breached any constitutional provision here? Hell no!
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2015
philips70:

Why are you specific about Ogar? The memo did not specify Ogar, this report did. Read it very well..it says all promotions made in March and everyone affected. If the president felt due process was not followed in the many last minute actions of GEJ and he deems it fit to revisit them please let it be his prerogative to do so. When GEJ was doing last minute hiring and firing that he couldn't do previously you all said he is the C-in-C and that his tenure ends May 29th. Now please let Buhari run his government the way he wants to. Has he breached any constitutional provision here? Hell no!
Point of correction, there are due process in promotion of civil servants and specifically DSS. The DG recommends, the NSA being the Supervisory Minister of DSS, NIA and Military Intelligence approves and send to the President for ascent. Once the President accent to it, it can never be reversed except if any process was breached. The only exception to this is the appointment of DG SSS that is entirely the President's prerogative. This is similar to IGP and DIGs of the police and All Generals in the Military where the President has prorogative to fire at it pleases him. The DGs and MDs of Agencies GEJ fired were not civil servants but political appointees. This is just it!

Like I said, this is not different from what happened between AIG Ribadu and FG.
Re: Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave by philips70(m): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:
Point of correction, there are due process in promotion of civil servants and specifically DSS. The DG recommends, the NSA being the Supervisory Minister of DSS, NIA and Military Intelligence approves and send to the President for ascent. Once the President accent to it, it can never be reversed except if any process was breached. The only exception to this is the appointment of DG SSS that is entirely the President's prerogative. This is similar to IGP and DIGs of the police and All Generals in the Military where the President has prorogative to fire at it pleases him. The DGs and MDs of Agencies GEJ fired were not civil servants but political appointees. This is just it!

Like I said, this is not different from what happened between AIG Ribadu and FG.

And you think just like that the current acting DG who was a ranking member of DSS prior and the President do not know this and have followed undue process to reverse the promotions GEJ did with DUE PROCESS?

The president reserves the right to undo any appointment, promotion in any agency he feels was not properly done by his predecessor. The buck stops on his table. He is the C-in-C.

Fact remains that GEJ out of desperation and ill advise tinkered with the professionalism of our once noble institutions and made all of them a quasi-political affiliated institutions. We can only be grateful to PMB if he attempts to undo the destruction and return discipline and professionalism to these institutions. Questioning him only brings out the indecency in us that we have been so used to.

PS: Something that I missed. Remember Buhari did not do this himself in his capacity as the C-in-C. The new DG did his job as described in his details. So anyone who is not satisfied should be directing their grievances to the DG and not the president.

Buhari is only dull on Nairaland but very smart in Aso Rock.
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

News Breaking Nnamdi Kanu Issued Death Threat Against Gov Obiano / Federal Government Fails To Pay Minimum Wage In December Salary / Senate Shifts Meeting With Service Chiefs, IGP To Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.