Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe (52680 Views)

Elderly Woman Accused Of Witchcraft Is Beaten Mercilessly & Stoned (video) / Church Members Attack Elderly Woman In Lagos, Accuse Her Of Being A Witch (Pics) / TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Nigerians are easily brainwashed when magic is involved. I just weep for them.

Its poverty
They all looking for signs n wonders
To better their selves , i understand but .. One should dig deeper hole becuase they trying to improve their life.

Dont u look at his congregation . With all dat power y do hlf look like dey suffering big time .. I mean dey should open their eyes
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Mbediogu(m): 11:56am On Jul 05, 2015
ennyhola:
T.B. Joshua, perhaps Nigeria’s most
unconventional cleric, posted a heart-warming
story on his official Facebook Page about an
elderly lady who came to his church with an
unusual gift.
A retired teacher named Caroline Orugude had
come to The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations
(SCOAN) in Lagos, Nigeria to share a curious
testimony.
After retiring from her job in June, 2012,
Caroline was forced to wait almost two years
for the gratuity that she was supposed to
receive. “There was nothing much we could do
except pray because the pension system is so
unreliable,” she narrated to the congregation.
After visiting various churches for prayer
without any visible change, she was
introduced to Emmanuel TV, the popular
Christian television station broadcasting the
activities at The SCOAN, and began praying
along with T.B. Joshua.
Within two weeks, she received a call from the
treasury, asking her to go to Abuja to collect
her pension money. “I decided that when I got
the money, I would come to The SCOAN to
appreciate the Lord,” she joyfully said. “I am
here with the small sum of 500,000 naira, to
give to the man of God and The SCOAN, as my
tithe.”
It was an unexpected declaration but the
response of Joshua was equally surprising as
he insisted he could not collect the gift.
“Yes, it is written in the Bible that we should
pay tithe but how can we collect tithe from
widows and the aged who are supposed to be
under our care,” he questioned the
congregation.
“Remember, she has stopped working. She
needs our care for the rest of her life. These
are the women we should be feeding and
taking care of. She is our mother; she is my
mother too.”
The cleric, who is well known for his
philanthropic gestures, then announced that
instead of taking Mrs. Orugude’s tithe, he
would support her with an additional 500,000
naira.
“When God calls a man or woman, what they
will eat, what they will use and everything they
need for their journey will be provided
abundantly by God,” T.B. Joshua then
explained, noting the attributes of genuine
ministers of God.
“When a minister begins to depend on tithes,
you know he is not a minister of God,” he
added. “This is a message to ministers of God
all over the world. When we collect tithes, we
should know those whom we collect them
from. Don’t force anybody – it is between
them and God. Let us worship the Giver of
money, not money,” he concluded.
The post on Joshua’s Facebook page,
followed by 1.5 million people, ended with a
poignant question. “Where are your elderly?
Care for them and you shall reach old age.”
A video recently surfaced of Joshua refusing a
$1,000 offering from a Swiss lady who
received healing during his crusade in
Colombia. Several weeks ago, he spoke
scathingly of ‘money-hungry’ pastors,
insisting that ministers of God should not
force members to give offerings or tithes as it
was a thing of the heart.

SOURCE: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/letter-to-the-editor/176233-t-b-joshua-returns-elderly-womans-half-a-million-naira-tithe176233.html

If tithing as it is now is God's law rather than church law, a cleric of T B Joshua's standing would have no right to return it - even if it were his intention to pay on her behalf. He is not the earner.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Trafford(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Awon illiterates jati jati
Im telling u its sad .. They are brainwashed to d maximum
I watch some of the guys shows his whole thing is to make money , sell annoiting oil, sell books, turn the house of GID to market abi didnt jesus trash the synagog ?? Hmmm they dont know their sin is even greater than dat of the false prophets cuz they know the truth is in the bible yet they ignore it .
Tomorrow another pastor would cure someone of AIDS using demonic things .. Den they will kneel to dat one n make him GOD its just sad ..

Have you been there before? And who told you anointing water is being sold? Don't talk becos ppl r talking. It is good to assume but very bad to conclude...
And to those of you saying he shouldn't have rejected the tithe because it belongs to God, don't understand the things of the spirit. Do you expect God to come down and accept the tithe? God is spirit and we must worship him in spirit and in truth. Spiritually, the tithe has been accepted and the woman received double of what she gave... Now that's what we call an instant double portion blessing!

1 Like

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
Trafford:

Have you been there before? And who told you anointing water is being sold? Don't talk becos ppl r talking. It is good to assume but very bad to conclude...
And to those of you saying he shouldn't have rejected the tithe because it belongs to God, don't understand the things of the spirit. Do you expect God to come down and accept the tithe? God is spirit and we must worship him in spirit and in truth. Spiritually, the tithe has been accepted and the woman received double of what she gave... Now that's what we call an instant double portion blessing!

Pls shut it jare
He has shows that airs on tv .. N we in Uk get to watch it too
So y did he say u can buy it from church shop .. ..

So because he returned one womans tithe he is GOD .. But u dont argue like dis for the word of God ur arguing about a human beeing like u ..
Pls go n read bible n get out of tb's ass its not cute
Dont quote me again .. Its an open discussion nigerians should learn dat not everyone would agree dats what a healthy discussion is about ppl oppose deal with it .. U look silly by the second..
Pls read the whole bible den come bk n quote me till den be worshipping a mere man . Have a blessed day
Uve broken rule 2 , 4 n 10 by the wY ..
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Its poverty
They all looking for signs n wonders
To better their selves i understand jt but .. One should dig deeper hole becuase they trying to improve their life.

Dont u look at his congregation . With all dat power y do hlf look like dey suffering big time .. I mean dey should open their eyes
They have been brainwashed into believing their poverty is attributed to witches and wizard and only die die prayer in SCOAN can Stop these wizards and village mistress......when in actual fact na laziness cause their poverty...Once that belief perpetrated their soul is easy to use them for anything. That is a powerful weapon of the spirit of error.

Like one day I went to fellowship with Redeemers and Richard Adeboye was telling the people they should not leave RCCG because God is there....I be like Why begging the people not to leave since God is there?

1 Like

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Setaje(f): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrPresident1:

Tithes in the Bible was used to help strangers, the fatherless, the motherless, levites and all other less privileged people in the society. But today's pastors collect tithes to build schools that even their church members cannot afford, they use the money to buy private jets and expensive cars, they use the money of the poor to fund a hedonistic, materialistic, and debased life of economic and social debauchery.

Rather than feeding the poor, these wolves in sheep clothing derive sadistic pleasure in feasting on the poor. There is a God in heaven, and each new day brings us closer to the appointed day of His judgment.

As in Mr president I just taya. When I start working I will half my tithes. I will use more than half of it for charity give 30 or 40% to the church. That is my stance. I will not go to hell because of that and the God I serve will not stop blessing me!
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
Trafford:

Do you have a Bible?
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
Setaje:

As in Mr president I just taya. When I start working I will half my tithes. I will use more than half of it for charity give 30 or 40% to the church. That is my stance. I will not go to hell because of that and the God I serve will not stop blessing me!
Guess you wrote Dulla*rdinho? I will have you not give any to the church at all.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by pek(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
The gullibility and ignorance of Nigerians is second to none! You don't give tithe, you pay it. From the article, the woman "gave " the tithe as gift. Wrong, very wrong. Also, tithe is not a public thing. It is very private; between you and God. For the man of God, he has no right rejecting tithe. He can only do that if it was gotten fraudulently. If he was to assist the woman, there are many ways of doing that.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
They have been brainwashed into believing their poverty is attributed to witches and wizard and only die die prayer in SCOAN can Stop these wizards and village mistress......when in actual fact na laziness cause their poverty...Once that belief perpetrated their soul is easy to use them for anything. That is a powerful weapon of the spirit of error.

Like one day I went to fellowship with Redeemers and Richard Adeboye was telling the people they should not leave RCCG because God is there....I be like Why begging the people not to leave since God is there?
Mehn u too intelligent
Ur right

Its like someone was telling me u need to pray n cast out witches n wizard
Im like love no witch for uk keep dem in nigeria.. Pls is tehre wit h in bible . Some made up fantacy n dey ride with it .. Its sad

Let me guve u an example

I was in nigeria anyone that travels alot knows when u go back home u always get tummy ache cuz of change in food n all that
So i was very ill
Now my mum is another brainwashe soul to a degree dey just use her to collect money..
Anyway
I was soo ill
N my mum said no we have to call pastor
Just to be respectful i agreed .. Nah soo pastor begin pray oh
Next thing he saw a glimose of my tattoo oloshi now say madam ur daughter has signed blodd convenant with d devil
The devill is sucking her blood through this tattoo

Im like wtf

Ok nah so d man spin me spin me round n round ..

After d nonsense i was still dick n throwing up , so i sent the house help to but imodium plus ( imported) as soon as i pop dat pill instantly it stop
N dat pastor took envelop of money for fake prayers .. Thats y now my mum dont even bother telling me nonsense .. Dont get me wrong there are good pastors out tbere but alot see this as business

1 Like

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by MrPresident1: 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
Setaje:

Sweerie, you do not have to tithe, just make sure that you are very generous to your people, as much as is within your means, make people around you comfortable and happier, that is the whole essence of tithing in the OT, to make your neighbour more comfortable and happier, and remember anybody that is within your power to help, is your neighbour, and together we make up the church of God, because God dwells in us and not in some grandiose, monstrous, physical conurbation.

And we are all in hell already grin, black people, awaiting redemption by the coming of Christ our Lord and God. wink

2 Likes

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
pek:
The gullibility and ignorance of Nigerians is second to none! You don't give tithe, you pay it. From the article, the woman "gave " the tithe as gift. Wrong, very wrong. Also, tithe is not a public thing. It is very private; between you and God. For the man of God, he has no right rejecting tithe. He can only do that if it was gotten fraudulently. If he was to assist the woman, there are many ways of doing that.
Gbam!
Its all for show im telling u
If u give tithe no one except god should know
They should even know d amount self .
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by andyanders: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Trafford:

Allow them say whatever they want. Anointing water is not sold and anybody can say what they want.I do not worship there but this man is an example of whom God sent and not the ones that would want to force one to pay tithe and offering.

1 Like

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
The most famous false prophet in Nigeria always cooks up a lie to embellish his satanic identity. Even satan himself has followers. Some angels fought for satan and chose to be cast down from Heaven with him (Revelation 12:9).

Why should I be baffled that this human devil has so many followers too?
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
PastorJohnny:
The most famous false prophet in Nigeria always cooks up a lie to embellish his satanic identity. Even satan himself has followers. Some angels fought for satan and chose to be cast down from Heaven with him (Revelation 12:9).

Why should I be baffled that this human devil has so many followers too?
Gbam!

Chai
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDXmDF4k7nE

Ask tb joshua to perform miracle so u have enough data to watch this ..
Yeye
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by NobleG1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
This is complete nonsense, a propaganda stunt to attract more id*iots to his extortion church to get suckered into parting away with their money! This whole thing is staged. What of the billions he collected from poor id*iots? Has he returned them yet?

God Loves You...And He Needs Money!

Tithing is a scam. The modern Christian churches use brainwashing, mind control, indoctrination, oppression, coercion, intimidation, legalism, false teaching, guilt, shame, peer pressure, and other bondage techniques to control members, increase church attendance, and obtain more money. The goal is said to be "winning souls to Christ," but the underlying agenda is the desire for more power, control, and money.

The church parades a person or family that had little or nothing, was in debt or financial crisis, yet stepped out in faith to give 10% they actually couldn't afford. Of course, the story ends with a blessing of some kind. "I got a bonus at work." "I got an inheritance." "I got better from sickness". Something like that. And those who give "offerings" beyond the baseline tithe are candidates for an even greater windfall.

Of course, the calling card here is "obedience." God owns the cattle on a thousand hills (aka: everything) per Psalm 50:10, so tithers aren't actually giving anything to God. They're returning to the storehouse what God already owns. They're stewards of whatever income or possessions they enjoy, and the tithing of 10% is a demonstration of obedience and faith, and an opportunity for God to reward that obedience with some kind of supernatural favor.

Of course, God’s blessings are meted out in hugely disproportionate ways. While one person might report an amazing and miraculous appearance of funds in the bank, dozens of others will receive either silence or the usual pile of unresolved problems.

Some churches preach a prosperity doctrine, promising earthly wealth for those who obediently fill the offering plate. Other churches speak of financial sacrifice in this world so that wealth can be enjoyed in the next, all blessings sitting at the end of the road and waiting at the door of a heavenly mansion.

If all of this sounds like a scam, it only means that you’re paying attention. As one man deftly observed about God, "He loves you and he needs money!"

Beware any organization that tells you to dig a hole and then stand in it. Beware any promise of favor by someone selling a map to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And beware an institution (the church) that acts like a business and treats its congregation members like customers ripe for a sale.

If God really exists, he won’t need you to play the slots to become a winner.

1 Like

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by AsanwaKC(f): 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
church scam alert!! pls is TB Joshua married with kids
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by poshbrave(m): 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And Christ said "Do not Let your right hand know what your left hand is doing" If you do you have receive your reward. Again he said "Do not seek to receive glory from one another"

T.B Joshua is Satanic.... he can do whatever he wish only he should not call himself a man of God cause he is not.
Matt.7vs1...watch it...
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Mehn u too intelligent
Ur right

Its like someone was telling me u need to pray n cast out witches n wizard
Im like love no witch for uk keep dem in nigeria.. Pls is tehre wit h in bible . Some made up fantacy n dey ride with it .. Its sad

Let me guve u an example

I was in nigeria anyone that travels alot knows when u go back home u always get tummy ache cuz of change in food n all that
So i was very ill
Now my mum is another brainwashe soul to a degree dey just use her to collect money..
Anyway
I was soo ill
N my mum said no we have to call pastor
Just to be respectful i agreed .. Nah soo pastor begin pray oh
Next thing he saw a glimose of my tattoo oloshi now say madam ur daughter has signed blodd convenant with d devil
The devill is sucking her blood through this tattoo

Im like wtf

Ok nah so d man spin me spin me round n round ..

After d nonsense i was still dick n throwing up , so i sent the house help to but imodium plus ( imported) as soon as i pop dat pill instantly it stop
N dat pastor took envelop of money for fake prayers .. Thats y now my mum dont even bother telling me nonsense .. Dont get me wrong there are good pastors out tbere but alot see this as business
If there is anybody to be blamed it's Nigerians for making pastors God.Cause as far as the Bible Is concerned every Christain is a Pastor of his own ..."the anointing on you teaches you everything" but Nigeria' christains belittle the grace of God on believers. They would rather have a Scripture like "Your G.O teaches you everything ..you have no need to read the Bible for G.O knows all things".

1 Like

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by vooks: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
Is he back in the country yet?
I understand he is a fugitive from justice. Hope they can haul the charlatan to jail for at least 30 years over the people he killed when his church hostel collapsed

https://tbjoshuawatch./2015/06/29/exclusive-tb-joshua-is-in-latin-america-on-the-run-from-the-law/
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by jaz(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
nigerian pastors will even threaten you for not submitting tithes and all manners of offerings and seeds. Tho i dont bliv tb joshua but on the issue of money i thnk he has acquitted himself very well
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
poshbrave:

Matt.7vs1...watch it...
"The Spiritual man judges all things and he himself is not to be judged" Bro... you can't tie me down with the letters of the Scripture.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Dolypson04(m): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
ojimbo:
how did he know that it was the woman that paid the tithe or was he at the offering pot checking on how much every member is dropping or is he trying to buy recognition? Nigerians are becoming more foolish as day goes on
And u r d most foolish of all Nigerians. Most churches us tithe booklet with their names written on it.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by butanep(m): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
ojimbo:
how did he know that it was the woman that paid the tithe or was he at the offering pot checking on how much every member is dropping or is he trying to buy recognition? Nigerians are becoming more foolish as day goes on
Please kindly read before you comments...

It will help you in future....

Thanks
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by richidinho(m): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
1bunne4lif:
My friend tithes are not meant to be exposed

The pastor did not force her to announced it......it was out of happiness she did that, mind you she is not even a member of the Church
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by steryj(m): 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
richidinho:

Did you read at all?

The woman mentioned it during testimony that she is giving 500,000 to the church as tithe
more reason some people can't pass WAEC exams.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by calyb247(m): 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
ojimbo:

When you rush to comment without reading so that you can make FP page, you liable to drop such useless comments.. Meanwhile this Mans generosity must be appreciated..
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by luckyboss(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
God bless you more sir. Not like other pastors who will first give you their bank account number.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by simieoni: 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And Christ said "Do not Let your right hand know what your left hand is doing" If you do you have receive your reward. Again he said "Do not seek to receive glory from one another"

T.B Joshua is Satanic.... he can do whatever he wish only he should not call himself a man of God cause he is not.
don't use such words like "satanic" u might just be causing comdenation on ur self.. Only God knws his messenger
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
simieoni:
don't use such words like "satanic" u might just be causing comdenation on ur self.. Only God knws his messenger
And I know them too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CANT STOP LAUGH: Caption This Funny Photo / 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know / American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.