Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:28 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (681476 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2019
luvlyoracle:
last?
Call me
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
ceejay80s:
Hi guys, just want to let u guys know that battery pass battery ooo!!! All these new batteries coming into Nigeria now are not durable, some of us run to it cos of price, some of these China batteries won't last more than 6month to a year after purchase, even with sellers one year warranty na lie, but if u feel a year or close to a year is OK for u, u can go for them, I have used fullriver, Gaston for 3years of purchase and na used o...but have used GBM and the likes for close to a year before it dies out, even some used ones sold in the market are not that OK, do u know that some 200ah batteries are heavier than some in weight ? Go put 100ah gbm for weight and put those original ones like fullriver for weight and see the difference, except u know a seller u trust very well...open ur eyes and be careful, goodluck

Fullriver batteries are demonic.
Imagine 100amp fairly used lasted me for abt 3years if not for an error due to over charging after traveling,d tin for still dey.

Sincerely batrery pass battery.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
dollarnaira:

Fullriver batteries are demonic.
Imagine 100amp fairly used lasted me for abt 3years if not for an error due to over charging after traveling,d tin for still dey.

Sincerely batrery pass battery.

@overcharging.

You didn't use a smart charger? or how did the overcharging happen?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:57am On Oct 01, 2019
eleojo23:

@overcharging.

Even sometime a smart charger can be unsmart, like in, the charger no go get sense again, its best u monitor ur batteries while its charging and when it fully charged u off the switch,that is if u know u will travel....
This new digital charger that I bought dey behave some how, it was charging my GBM batteries very well, just bought a used luminous 200ah battery (used). I notice since I started using the digital charger to charge the luminous battery , the battery just dey charge but e no gree full, called the seller, cos I thought he sold me a bad battery, he said I should use the analog smart charger, I no get money, cos even the digital charger charged my neighbors battery perfect with out over charging but keeps charging my luminous till eternity, wó!!!! I can't shout , what I did was reduce the charger current to 8amp cos 20-30amp setting always gets the battery hot, so... not to damage the battery I reduced the charging current, it doesn't get hot anymore but battery charges continuously, thank God for my solar charge controller screen display, when I see say the battery don reach 14.1 or 14.2, I switch of my smart charger or sometimes the charge controller arrow indicator will be blinking ,meaning the battery is full , then I put off the charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Wigetsolar: 9:08am On Oct 01, 2019
pointstores:

Online Ups 550,000 10kva brand new

Internal battery or external? Which product ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 9:12am On Oct 01, 2019
ceejay80s:

Even sometime a smart charger can be unsmart, like in, the charger no go get sense again, its best u monitor ur batteries while its charging and when it fully charged u off the switch,that is if u know u will travel....
This new digital charger that I bought dey behave some how, it was charging my GBM batteries very well, just bought a used luminous 200ah battery (used). I notice since I started using the digital charger to charge the luminous battery , the battery just dey charge but e no gree full, called the seller, cos I thought he sold me a bad battery, he said I should use the analog smart charger, I no get money, cos even the digital charger charged my neighbors battery perfect with out over charging but keeps charging my luminous till eternity, wó!!!! I can't shout , what I did was reduce the charger current to 8amp cos 20-30amp setting always gets the battery hot, so... not to damage the battery I reduced the charging current, it doesn't get hot anymore but battery charges continuously, thank God for my solar charge controller screen display, when I see say the battery don reach 14.1 or 14.2, I switch of my smart charger or sometimes the charge controller arrow indicator will be blinking ,meaning the battery is full , then I put off the charger

Ok..thanks for the tips
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 11:27am On Oct 01, 2019
Wigetsolar:

Internal battery or external? Which product ?
Internal 196volt
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Wigetsolar: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
pointstores:

Internal 196volt

i sell cheaper
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by good188(m): 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
Do You Think LG X-boom CJ45 Home Theatre Hifi System Is Good?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
eleojo23:

@overcharging.

I use a local inverter made from ups.I monitor charging with my meter(local indeed).Wen it gets to 15v i turned it off.But unfortunately i traveled for 3days forgetting dat i was charging.In fact Nepa supplied us power several hours those 3days battery hot die.Up till now my locally made inverter still working with my ritar battery 200amp.

Even with small sense everybody can own an inverter using ur normal ups,battery n charger to power tv,light in 2 rooms

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by CAROLYN19: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2019
Call us on 08066332919 for industrial Power Backup Solutions

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
dollarnaira:

I use a local inverter made from ups.I monitor charging with my meter(local indeed).Wen it gets to 15v i turned it off.But unfortunately i traveled for 3days forgetting dat i was charging.In fact Nepa supplied us power several hours those 3days battery hot die.Up till now my locally made inverter still working with my ritar battery 200amp.

Even with small sense everybody can own an inverter using ur normal ups,battery n charger to power tv,light in 2 rooms

Bro, i sent you a PM...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by chiboyjohn: 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
luvlyoracle:
aw much for spotwelder
u can make a spot welder free with super capacitors check youtube
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by chiboyjohn: 10:51pm On Oct 03, 2019
dollarnaira:

does it mean your charger is not automatic
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
chiboyjohn:

Where can one get thise super caps to buy here?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by chiboyjohn: 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
Trippledots:

Where can one get thise super caps to buy here?
go to alaba or arena, or component stores, just check for capacitor of 500f and 2.7v,

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 7:47am On Oct 04, 2019
I got about 18amps from my 260watts solar panel yesterday, it was delivering about 8.5amps at 36v before which is highly inefficient for a 12v system, was thinking of buying an mppt controller but was short on cash, researched and came up with a way of splitting the solar cells into two groups of 18v each thereby increasing the current. Now my battery enters float before 1pm

6 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvlyoracle(m): 9:30am On Oct 04, 2019
chiboyjohn:

wow... Thanks would try that
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 11:02am On Oct 04, 2019
Penuelseun:
I got about 18amps from my 260watts solar panel yesterday, it was delivering about 8.5amps at 36v before which is highly inefficient for a 12v system, was thinking of buying an mppt controller but was short on cash, researched and came up with a way of splitting the solar cells into two groups of 18v each thereby increasing the current. Now my battery enters float before 1pm

Can you share ur methodology so others can learn too
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 11:33am On Oct 04, 2019
saint2ace:

Can you share ur methodology so others can learn too
My panel is 260watts mono, it comes with 60 cell with a cumulative voltage of about 36v 8amps, I use a 12v system which when used with the solar panel through a pwm cc becomes highly inefficient, the highest solar output I have seen from the panel before was 8.5amps(120watts) thereby making the excess 140watts go to waste. Mind you I wouldn't have bothered if I was using a 24v system or an mppt cc as that would have converted the excess voltage to current. So what I did was divide the solar cells into two the connect them in parallel thereby reducing the voltage to increase the current as seen in the pictures

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2019
Penuelseun:
My panel is 260watts mono, it comes with 60 cell with a cumulative voltage of about 36v 8amps, I use a 12v system which when used with the solar panel through a pwm cc becomes highly inefficient, the highest solar output I have seen from the panel before was 8.5amps(120watts) thereby making the excess 140watts go to waste. Mind you I wouldn't have bothered if I was using a 24v system or an mppt cc as that would have converted the excess voltage to current. So what I did was divide the solar cells into two the connect them in parallel thereby reducing the voltage to increase the current as seen in the pictures

Wow nice concept, sorry i'm bothering you with questions but what capacity of batteries are u using? secondly, for someone with a 150watts panel, 30a 12v pwm cc and a 100ah battery, do you think this method can improve yield?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
saint2ace:

Wow nice concept, sorry i'm bothering you with questions but what capacity of batteries are u using? secondly, for someone with a 150watts panel, 30a 12v pwm cc and a 100ah battery, do you think this method can improve yield?
I am using a 200ah battery, your panel can only work if they are at least 30v, of course your yield will be improved

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2019
Penuelseun:
I am using a 200ah battery, your panel can only work if they are at least 30v, of course your yield will be improved

Thanks Bro i appreciate
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2019
chiboyjohn:

does it mean your charger is not automatic

The local inverter is the charger also.
It is all local.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by chiboyjohn: 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
which cheap good new battery can last upto 2 years before savage my people, gbm crock , famicare etc
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
chiboyjohn:
which cheap good new battery can last upto 2 years before savage my people, gbm crock , famicare etc
Buy famicare u will still get 200ah for 70,000 or so gbm not too strong

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
chiboyjohn:

Famicare over GBM anyday but that ur 2years talk all depends on how you handle the battery. If you do it right then maybe you have a chance.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
Penuelseun:
Wow!!! Nice
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
Penuelseun:

Was the panel 12v or 24v
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
saint2ace:

Was the panel 12v or 24v
24v
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2019
Penuelseun:
24v

Wonderful, that's the secret. Well done bros u too much grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
Learn how to build laptop & phone powerbanks, Solar generators, understanding pcb BMS and circuit diagram converting of fan to work 20hours u can be makeing cool cash only if you can invest in knowledge call 08166117634 or visit www.solarvisionnija.com.ng for more information

We sell 18650 battery holders
We sell 18650 and lifepo4 battery available in 1c 3c 5c
We sell quality solar panel and agm battery
We sell laptop powerbank caseing phone powerbank caseing
We sell converters and inverters
We will love to do bussiness with you

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.