Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (689307 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
pointstores:
Learn how to build laptop & phone powerbanks, Solar generators, understanding pcb BMS and circuit diagram converting of fan to work 20hours u can be makeing cool cash only if you can invest in knowledge call 08166117634 or visit www.solarvisionnija.com.ng for more information

We sell 18650 battery holders
We sell 18650 and lifepo4 battery available in 1c 3c 5c
We sell quality solar panel and agm battery
We sell laptop powerbank caseing phone powerbank caseing
We sell converters and inverters
We will love to do bussiness with you
pls, can you show the picture for laptop powerbank casing
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2019
Thanks for ur patronage these weekend hope you are enjoying ur laptop powerbanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
pointstores:
Thanks for ur patronage these weekend hope you are enjoying ur laptop powerbanks

What is the horsepower of the solar pump of 400k
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
spyglaxx:

What is the horsepower of the solar pump of 400k
1.5horsepower
But if you already have a pump you can just buy the inverter pump only it has different sizes u don't need battery for the inverter pump
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by AyarmBoye(m): 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
Good afternoon, I Need a small inverter set up for Ps4 slim console (90), 32 led TV (70watts) and a power saving standing fan... For at least 5 hours daily... Thank u...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by OCTAVO: 6:37am On Oct 10, 2019
Is it advisable to use trailer battery for inverter? Because I know of someone that has been using it for almost 2 years now. Whenever there's power outage, he gets average of 8hrs usage daily for 3 days (he doesn't use solar). And the battery still maintains that till date. Far better compared to those that bought normal inverter batteries. Please I need your opinions on this.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 8:13am On Oct 10, 2019
OCTAVO:
Iss it advisable to use trailer battery for inverter? Because I know of someone that has been using it for almost 2 years now. Whenever there's power outage, he gets average of 8hrs usage daily for 3 days (he doesn't use solar). And the battery still maintains that till date. Far batter compared to those that bought normal inverter batteries. Please I need your opinions on this.
Not advisable, if you want to enjoy your inverter, then buy original batteries. Maybe the reason his battery lasted up till now is because his load is not heavy. A trailer battery is never good for deep cycle applications.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by OCTAVO: 9:35am On Oct 10, 2019
Penuelseun:
Not advisable, if you want to enjoy your inverter, then buy original batteries. Maybe the reason his battery lasted up till now is because his load is not heavy. A trailer battery is never good for deep cycle applications.
He uses his inverter to power his TV and bulbs. TV alone is around 90w. The 8hrs usage includes TV.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:04am On Oct 10, 2019
OCTAVO:

He uses his inverter to power his TV and bulbs. TV alone is around 90w. The 8hrs usage includes TV.
yes it works but not like deepcycle batteries, but it works.... The mikano generator we have in my office was faulty and the engineer said its battery problem*this said 100ah battery is just 6month old* a new battery was bought for the gen and I carried the former and put in my car, I installed the battery for my mom's room, her led TV is just 22inch + decoder and its serving her at least 12-15hrs a day but they often have light for recharge, the battery is about 5months with her now, I use 20amp analog smart charger on it and when the battery is full, it stops charging.... Yes it works but with very low loads and make sure u don't empty the battery before recharge

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by babstope05: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2019
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2019
Penuelseun:

Wonderful... See the authority you use de talk. Oga calm down, na where u knw reach another person own start.

First ask yourself why is deep cycle called so, and how does lead acid chemistry work.

And, yes it can be used if sized properly and charged properly too

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 6:56am On Oct 11, 2019
Trippledots:

Wonderful... See the authority you use de talk. Oga calm down, na where u knw reach another person own start.

First ask yourself why is deep cycle called so, and how does lead acid chemistry work.

And, yes it can be used if sized properly and charged properly too
You sef calm down, I said what I said, a trailer battery is meant for starting vehicles not for deep cycle applications. The lead plates of a trailer battery is sponge like while the one in a deep cycle is thicker. Please don't mislead the public, your type are the ones misleading the public in buying substandard batteries for them thereby giving them the impression that inverters are not reliable in the long run. Let's be guided please.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2019
Trippledots & Penuelseun make una take am easy, if two elephant fight na the grass go suffer,
So make una no fight, I didn't say its the best application for it, but it works....
I prefer the deepcycle battery but as money no dey ground now, I used what I have till I have money for deep cycle battery,
As long as ur battery is 12v or 24v or 36v depending on ur application it will work, even these okada 12v batteries will power something *but for how long depends on ur load* its not the best application but it will work

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
ceejay80s:
Trippledots & Penuelseun make una take am easy, if two elephant fight na the grass go suffer,
So make una no fight, I didn't say its the best application for it, but it works....
I prefer the deepcycle battery but as money no dey ground now, I used what I have till I have money for deep cycle battery,
As long as ur battery is 12v or 24v or 36v depending on ur application it will work, even these okada 12v batteries will power something *but for how long depends on ur load* its not the best application but it will work
I am not fighting with him, just telling him the facts. Thanks boss
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
Penuelseun:
You sef calm down, I said what I said, a trailer battery is meant for starting vehicles not for deep cycle applications. The lead plates of a trailer battery is sponge like while the one in a deep cycle is thicker. Please don't mislead the public, your type are the ones misleading the public in buying substandard batteries for them thereby giving them the impression that inverters are not reliable in the long run. Let's be guided please.

Heheheheee..... My type? Smh....such an ignorant statement.

Oh well.

I'll pass.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
ceejay80s:

I hear you my brother. I no get the time for baseless talks sef.

And bolded is actually load and/or battery bank. Reason i said if its sized properly

If i get a couple healthy trailer batteries foe the price of one rugged deep cycle, and their total storage is maybe double or triple the deep cycle one, i will go for the trailer batteries. Provided i have adequate charging provided for it.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
12v 400ah lithium packed battery

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
12v 300ah lithium packed batteries
All on alibaba

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by chiboyjohn: 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
ceejay80s:
yes it works but not like deepcycle batteries, but it works.... The mikano generator we have in my office was faulty and the engineer said its battery problem*this said 100ah battery is just 6month recharge
oga ceejay those your first set of 40ah battery ,do they still carry load or they have pass out to the beyond
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by chiboyjohn: 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
Trippledots:

I hear you my brother. I no get the time for baseless talks sef.

And bolded is actually load and/or battery bank. Reason i said if its sized properly

If i get a couple healthy trailer batteries foe the price of one rugged deep cycle, and their total storage is maybe double or triple the deep cycle one, i will go for the trailer batteries. Provided i have adequate charging provided for it.
trailer and car batteries are not safe, they contain raw acid ,during charging ,gases emits to the surroundings(not good for closed environment), because it can harm your health,,,
but inverter batteries contain sealed gel which is certified safe for indoor use,,,
inas much as we love cheaper things ,human safety should be our first priority,, i do not encourage people to use car or traileer batteries indoors, you can charge them outside and not inside homes

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
chiboyjohn:

oga ceejay those your first set of 40ah battery ,do they still carry load or they have pass out to the beyond
Buried
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
chiboyjohn:

trailer and car batteries are not safe, they contain raw acid ,during charging ,gases emits to the surroundings(not good for closed environment), because it can harm your health,,,
but inverter batteries contain sealed gel which is certified safe for indoor use,,,
inas much as we love cheaper things ,human safety should be our first priority,, i do not encourage people to use car or traileer batteries indoors, you can charge them outside and not inside homes

YES TRUE
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 11:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead batteries from any state (T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N13,000
12v 150a.......N9,5,00
12v 100a.......N6,500
2v 500a.......N5,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by chiboyjohn: 6:28am On Oct 12, 2019
Penuelseun:
I got about 18amps from my 260watts solar panel yesterday, it was delivering about 8.5amps at 36v before which is highly inefficient for a 12v system, was thinking of buying an mppt controller but was short on cash, researched and came up with a way of splitting the solar cells into two groups of 18v each thereby increasing the current. Now my battery enters float before 1pm
nice,, how many batteries anf size of batteries,
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
ceejay80s:
yes it works but not like deepcycle batteries, but it works.... The mikano generator we have in my office was faulty and the engineer said its battery problem*this said 100ah battery is just 6month old* a new battery was bought for the gen and I carried the former and put in my car, I installed the battery for my mom's room, her led TV is just 22inch + decoder and its serving her at least 12-15hrs a day but they often have light for recharge, the battery is about 5months with her now, I use 20amp analog smart charger on it and when the battery is full, it stops charging.... Yes it works but with very low loads and make sure u don't empty the battery before recharge
Talking about 20A analog smart chargers, please I want to ask, which is the best between the SUOER 20A ANALOG SMART CHARGER and SUOER 20A DIGITAL SMART CHARGER?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
vitality22:

Talking about 20A analog smart chargers, please I want to ask, which is the best between the SUOER 20A ANALOG SMART CHARGER and SUOER 20A DIGITAL SMART CHARGER?
Go for digital
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2019
r
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2019
udy821:
call a spade a spade . Mr "Too know" you mislead people alot with your quack inventions . Thereby helping them throw money away ,just shut up if you dont know ,simple! Not buying a battery that is not built for inverter, its automatically translates to being wasteful and lack of wisdom .

This is rather rude and uncalled for, people are commenting based on personal experience and not just on book stats. if you took time to read, you would have noticed where he said "I prefer the deepcycle battery but as money no dey ground now, I used what I have till I have money for deep cycle battery", so where is he misleading people? He's only saying that if one has the battery for free or for cheap that the person can use it pending when you have funds for a deep cycle battery.

Stop throwing hate bro, you don't need it.

One love people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=saint2ace post=83093871]
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2019
udy821:
my brother there are fairly used deep cycle batteries that u can afford. i started with fairly used batteries b4 buying brand new . someone once adviced me to get car battery for inverter which i did but regretted it. i started using inverter since 2006 so i know d ups and down of it . So this isnt book statistics according to u. my 1st ever battery was a 60ah fairly used deep cycle yuasa battery. car battery is a no no i say it will all anger because of my experience

Ur response is a bit funny and fundamentally egoistic, can i ask a simple question? Have u been following this thread from the beginning? "NO ONE" has ever advised anyone to use a car battery or any alternative apart from deep cycle batteries even if it's used. But it's amazing someone just made a post and said that if you have a battery laying around u can use it pending when u get the real thing and here you are huffing and puffing and throwing insults as if u're the all perfect being.

This same person is talking of lithium battery and i dont see u applauding him oh.

As much as i respect ur opinion i also believe u've missed the point of his post and have twisted it to suit ur ideology.

His point is and i reiterate is if you have a battery laying around or can get it for dirt cheap then pick it up, while u save up to get the real thing. The pros and cons of both battery types have been discussed severally on this thread, so if anyone chooses to go either way i believe it's their choice. So let's not get it twisted.

My main point remains that we should respect people's opinions no matter how lame it is and not resort to insult. Let's see things from the point of reference of people and not from our own ideological stance, At this point i take a bow.

One love all

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Malix: 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
Oga Ceejay, make you put mouth for this bad battery that kiekie(frank) sold me o.
He told me its a battery he has has been using and can carry modest load of not more than 200w but only for me to get home and test the battery 77w load and it didn't last more than 1hr 38mins.
I called and complained but he is speaking a different language from what spoke when he wanted to sell the battery

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.