Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (689262 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vertueptime: 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
My question is how u connected the sound since the monitor has no speake

ceejay80s:
Its very easy, there are different ways that u can entertain urself when u are at home.

All you need is Gotv and an LCD with a very low wattage or a PC monitor that has AV input ,a 650va UPS, a 12v 40ah fullriver valve regulated battery and a smart charger.

I bought my 40ah battery brand new at oshodi for 6k its equivalent to deep cycle batteries and I bought my 20amp smart battery charger at idioro mushin for 7k, with this u can stay connected to ur favorite programs on TV or watch movies on ur LCD via external hdd, if u already have an LCD TV, just check the watts ,if its above 100, then u need to get a 15inch monitor that has AV input II bought mine 5k at computer village, the smart charger charges the battery,the ups stands as the power, my 15inch monitor is 34watts while the blu ray player is just 16watts.

So......

When there is no electricity ,my 40ah battery can power my 15inch LCD and Gotv or blu ray player for full 9hrs.

Note: It only powers my Gotv, bluray and 15inch LCD, imagine if I have 2 of that battery nko? That means I will never miss my favorite programs.

See pic below
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 03, 2019
ceejay80s:
@ Malix

Try this

Battery Desulfator

Before we go too far talking about what the best battery desulfators in the market are, a good place to start would be to talk about what a battery desulfator is and what a battery desulfator does. Being as new and unique as they are, not every battery owner understands them. We’re going to try and remedy that.

A battery desulfator is also known as a battery regenerator. The second version of the name is a little misleading as it gives one the impression that a battery desulfator can regenerate just about any battery. That isn’t necessarily true. If your battery is not working as a result of internal damage or is shorted, no desulfator in the world can repair it. However, if the battery has lost a great deal of its capacity due to sulfation, then you’re in luck. Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves, though, we were talking about battery desulfators.

A battery desulfator is a device that restores the capacity of a lead acid battery. That way, the lifespan of the battery is extended and so is its performance. These batteries are also known as pulse conditioning devices, battery reconditioners, and, of course, battery regenerators.

It all begins with the battery. If you store it in an uncharged state for too long, then lead sulfur will form little deposits on the lead plates and harden over time. How long to leave it uncharged pretty much depends on the battery, but generally involves leaving it only partially charged every time you charge it. When these lead sulfur deposits form on the lead plates, we say that the batter has been sulfated. That means it is now incapable of charging to its full capacity that you purchased it with. Keep leaving it uncharged for too long and the capacity grows smaller and smaller until it becomes practically impractical to use the battery any longer and you have to swap it out for a new one.

That is where battery desulfators come in. They send pulses of electricity throughout the batter. In some cases, those pulses of electricity will get the sulfate to come off the plates in flakes. The sulfate dissolves and your battery regains its capacity.

So you’re probably wondering why such a miracle of science and technology isn’t popular. Well, as it turns out, the battery industry, or at least the mainstream part of it, has an incentive to sell replacement batteries. In fact, most of the profit made by battery manufacturers comes from selling replacement batteries. They stand to benefit from the process of sulfation and so they don’t feel the urgent need to solve the issue in batteries. There has therefore been very little scientific research into the issue and understanding exactly what is happening under the hoods or any verification of the claims that are being made about sulfation. As a result, the market for desulfators is still very small and most battery owners don’t even know about it. That said, it is a growing market, no matter how small and we are hopeful that the setback to battery longevity caused by sulfation will soon be a matter of the past.
Thumbs up my good friend! . i have used a battery for more than 10yrs with no issue of deterioration,all because of battery desulfator .hooked up to it.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 03, 2019
saint2ace:

I wouldn't bother if I were, bought some from the US last year, and it didn't improve nothing. I only noticed it allows the battery take charge faster than normal.

The best and surest way to a healthy battery is to maintain a DOD of 50% in other words don't drain Ur battery continuously past the 50% mark and Ur battery will last u for years.

My 2kobo
True . it needs to be hooked up to the battery from day one of battery installation to prevent sulfation .
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 03, 2019
saint2ace:

Don't bother, it can practically do nothing for old batteries, it can only work a little for new batteries it was installed from the beginning

So my advice remains that oversize Ur battery bank and don't discharge past 50% always use a voltmeter
i dont even care about this 50% depth of discharge . i run my battery down anyhow because desulfator is hooked up to preveņt sulfation. lol

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 10:50am On Nov 03, 2019
udy821:
i dont even care about this 50% depth of discharge . i run my battery down anyhow because desulfator is hooked up to preveņt sulfation. lol

What's the model is desulphator u use?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 11:19am On Nov 03, 2019
Pure sine wave out of stock
Battery chargers out of stock
Sorry for customers calling to get these product but not available
New stock will be available next 3 weeks by God grace

Battery available in stock
Mini air-condition in stock 9,000
Powerbank case and BMS available in stock
@pointstores wishing u a glorious Sunday

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 11:57am On Nov 03, 2019
pointstores:

Bros, you mean you sell this mini air conditioner for 9000 naira? This thing that sells for 6,500 Naira on Jumia. Abeg, try fear God oo

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
vitality22:

Bros, you mean you sell this mini air conditioner for 9000 naira? This thing that sells for 6,500 Naira on Jumia. Abeg, try fear God oo
6,500naira is shipped from abroad from jumia and we have different types screen short it here live on nairaland from jumia
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
udy821:
Thumbs up my good friend! . i have used a battery for more than 10yrs with no issue of deteriorating ,all because of battery desulfator .hooked up to it.

The desulphator is hooked to the battery all the time? Even during charging?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
eleojo23:

The desulphator is hooked to the
battery all the time? Even during charging?
yes forever ., even when not charging it .it keeps d battery healthy ,free from sulfation . mine has a red small led light dat keeps blinking continously all day long
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
saint2ace:

What's the model is desulphator u use?
powerpulse . take note ,it may not revive d battery for you but can maintain it at d point level . example if it met your battery at 12.5v it will stabilize it at dat 12.5v . i found it(powerpulse) most effective with telecom(slim) batteries .
pls i am not a dealer for this product o. There is fake in d market so be careful

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
udy821:
yes forever ., even when not charging it .it keeps d battery healthy ,free from sulfation . mine has a red small led light dat keeps blinking continously all day long
good afternoon man, pls can I see yours in action. Pls a picture will do. Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
Allem:
good afternoon man, pls can I see yours in action. Pls a picture will do. Thanks
i am not in town at d moment . what u need to see is a video of it blinking d red led light dats all . a picture wont do . Try youtube videos mayb u might find it to watch
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2019
udy821:
powerpulse . take note ,it may not revive d battery for you but can maintain it at d point level . example if it met your battery at 12.5v it will stabilize it at dat 12.5v . i found it(powerpulse) most effective with telecom(slim) batteries .
pls i am not a dealer for this product o. There is fake in d market so be careful

I use the same and it didn't work for me, my batteries still went downhill with excessive use.

And I ordered from the US direct through Amazon, even had to pay rubbish custom charges. Guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks.

Thanks for sharing boss

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
udy821:

Yeah, that's how it works.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2019
Allem:

That's what it looks like, comes in 12v, 24v, 36v and 48v

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
vertueptime:
My question is how u connected the sound since the monitor has no speake

Ur monitor should have speakers, maybe u bought PC monitor instead of av monitor
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
pointstores:

So many bad reviews about this product online, I like it but , it doesn't cool the room
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ikennaj44: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
It's time we stop fooling ourselves on best battery type, there longevity and service. Categorically speaking, A battery life span depends highly on how we handle it, that tells how many months we want the battery to last. No battery love to be discharged beyond 50℅ of its capacity, car and deep cycle batteries inclusive. In fact, the term "deep cycle" or "deep discharge" acronym added to some batteries are highly deceiving. the rule of thumb is never discharge any battery beyond 50℅. A tip of chemistry that take place within battery electrolysis is, during battery discharge, a tin layer of lead sulfate start to coat the plates, at the time of discharge (i.e 50℅), this tin layer of lead sulfate that is forming on all plates is still very soft and dissolving up to 95 - 98℅ of it back to the electrolysis depends how quickly the battery is being recharged back to full state. Late recharge harden the tin layer of lead sulfate on the battery plate. So each time a battery is being discharged a tin layer of lead sulfate is formed and not all will be dissolved or removed during recharge. in the next 2 years, the tin layer of lead sulfate have become thick enough to start acting as insulator, a circuit breaker that no longer allow electrons to move from negative to positive, the battery is then called dead battery.
When you discharge any battery beyond 50℅, the sulfate forms at a greater rate and if late recharge continually, the battery may not last up to 3 months including the so called deep discharge.
A 50℅ discharge battery is 12.24volts, fully charged battery is 12.7 - 12.8volts. 12.8 minors 12.24volts, we only need to consume 0.56volts each time to optimize the battery.
Most inverters, in fact, all inverters in the market discharge battery down to 11 to 10volts or even more, by then battery is not far from zero volt. When one left such battery for weeks and it self discharge to 0 volt, you now need 20volts to 30volts to force charge into the battery, this will only manage to bring 200ah battery of 2 months to may be 40ah, you will come to complain here my battery no longer last up to 30 min.
For car battery ?, it takes 1500w to 2000w for car battery to rotate the engine crank shaft (depends on engine size and type).
I will never buy deep cycle battery for inverter.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by murshid09(m): 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
ikennaj44:
It's time we stop fooling ourselves on best battery type, there longevity and service. Categorically speaking, A battery life span depends highly on how we handle it, that tells how many months we want the battery to last. No battery love to be discharged beyond 50℅ of its capacity, car and deep cycle batteries inclusive. In fact, the term "deep cycle" or "deep discharge" acronym added to some batteries are highly deceiving. the rule of thumb is never discharge any battery beyond 50℅. A tip of chemistry that take place within battery electrolysis is, during battery discharge, a tin layer of lead sulfate start to coat the plates, at the time of discharge (i.e 50℅), this tin layer of lead sulfate that is forming on all plates is still very soft and dissolving up to 95 - 98℅ of it back to the electrolysis depends how quickly the battery is being recharged back to full state. Late recharge harden the tin layer of lead sulfate on the battery plate. So each time a battery is being discharged a tin layer of lead sulfate is formed and not all will be dissolved or removed during recharge. in the next 2 years, the tin layer of lead sulfate have become thick enough to start acting as insulator, a circuit breaker that no longer allow electrons to move from negative to positive, the battery is then called dead battery.
When you discharge any battery beyond 50℅, the sulfate forms at a greater rate and if late recharge continually, the battery may not last up to 3 months including the so called deep discharge.
A 50℅ discharge battery is 12.24volts, fully charged battery is 12.7 - 12.8volts. 12.8 minors 12.24volts, we only need to consume 0.56volts each time to optimize the battery.
Most inverters, in fact, all inverters in the market discharge battery down to 11 to 10volts or even more, by then battery is not far from zero volt. When one left such battery for weeks and it self discharge to 0 volt, you now need 20volts to 30volts to force charge into the battery, this will only manage to bring 200ah battery of 2 months to may be 40ah, you will come to complain here my battery no longer last up to 30 min.
For car battery ?, it takes 1500w to 2000w for car battery to rotate the engine crank shaft (depends on engine size and type).

You said u never buy deep cycle battery for inverter but I thought people say deep cycle battery is d best for inverter

Secondly I don't really get ur message are u saying we should not drain our battery below 50℅ before we charge it again
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 04, 2019
saint2ace:

I use the same and it didn't work for me, my batteries still went downhill with excessive use.

And I ordered from the US direct through Amazon, even had to pay rubbish custom charges. Guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks.

Thanks for sharing boss
same thing happened to my bluegate battery. it could not save it but works well with my slim batteries. i have two , one is hooked up to my powersafe telecom slim battery and the other to my quanta battery. No regrets
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:36am On Nov 04, 2019
ceejay80s:

Read bible very well, Moses open sea but na him pass last, na back back him dey, I follow u for back lol

shocked grin grin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mikeycharles(m): 8:36am On Nov 04, 2019
ikennaj44:

I'm confused
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:41am On Nov 04, 2019
ceejay80s:
Its very easy, there are different ways that u can entertain urself when u are at home.

All you need is Gotv and an LCD with a very low wattage or a PC monitor that has AV input ,a 650va UPS, a 12v 40ah fullriver valve regulated battery and a smart charger.

I bought my 40ah battery brand new at oshodi for 6k its equivalent to deep cycle batteries and I bought my 20amp smart battery charger at idioro mushin for 7k, with this u can stay connected to ur favorite programs on TV or watch movies on ur LCD via external hdd, if u already have an LCD TV, just check the watts ,if its above 100, then u need to get a 15inch monitor that has AV input II bought mine 5k at computer village, the smart charger charges the battery,the ups stands as the power, my 15inch monitor is 34watts while the blu ray player is just 16watts.

So......

When there is no electricity ,my 40ah battery can power my 15inch LCD and Gotv or blu ray player for full 9hrs.

Note: It only powers my Gotv, bluray and 15inch LCD, imagine if I have 2 of that battery nko? That means I will never miss my favorite programs.

See pic below

Good old days.... Who dash person this battery for 6k now?.... Buhari don finish us
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:44am On Nov 04, 2019
udy821:

shocked Seriously? Pls whats ur design like? How many batteries, whats ur charging capacity and whats your load too?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:52am On Nov 04, 2019
ikennaj44:

@bolded... You mean to say normal Sla battery can be used for backup too right?.. Someone was arguing with me here some time ago. I just laugh
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 9:40am On Nov 04, 2019
ceejay80s:

So many bad reviews about this product online, I like it but , it doesn't cool the room
The cools with ice block or cold water
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2019
Trippledots:

Good old days.... Who dash person this battery for 6k now?.... Buhari don finish us
fairly used of this said battery don reach 12-13k now and it lasted me for 3years cos I bought 5 of it back then, I dey squeeze face buy battery now
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:26am On Nov 04, 2019
ikennaj44:
l will never buy deep cycle battery for inverter.

Wetin u wan use, tiger battery or Duracell battery? grin abeg tell us, love ur explanation tho

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:35am On Nov 04, 2019
udy821:

example if it met your battery at 12.5v it will stabilize it at dat 12.5v .
I get u now , but some review online says it revives back to action, maybe cos they used a different type of desulfation device, go to eBay , u will see many with different chemistry, diodes, transistors and ic with different formuler, I hear that there are Desulfstor device with old fomular, this one has good reviews

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
ARE YOU STILL IN DOUBT ABOUT THE POWER FROM SOLAR ENERGY? GET YOURS NOW!!

Durable standalone mppt has a life on its own ... It has very good power tracking! Works at peak on daily basis without inbuilt cooling fan & no issues till date smiley

Outback , Morningstar , Schneider stocks are also available

CLICK ON LINK FOR PROMO PRICES!

https://s.docworkspace.com/d/AEjeg7DRmPgigPmH8ZOdFA

WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
ceejay80s:

I get u now , but some review online says it revives back to action, maybe cos they used a different type of desulfation device, go to eBay , u will see many with different chemistry, diodes, transistors and ic with different formuler, I hear that there are Desulfstor device with old fomular, this one has good reviews

Yes used this before and works but you must place on new battery from day ONE of procurement et installation.. I have a friend based at Ilorin who use this on his car battery and worked past 5yrs !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.