Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (689613 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
dollarnaira:

Most inverters in terms of size are not complete. Buy any oil of say 5L, measure it and u wud discovered that it will not be exactly 5L. Same goes to most things with "sizes" e.g a 1kva(1000w) inverter may probably be 700w while a 2kva(2000w) may likely be 1700w(i.e 1.7kva).

Pls Note kva( killo volt ampere) is different from watts.
Watts is real power

Kva is apparent power or so ( there are 3 if them)

There is a factor depending on the design which is used to multiply the kva(apparent power) to get the real power(Watt).

It may range from 0.5 to 0.9

But I want to believe that factor is the efficiency.

If you load a 1kva inverter with 1000watt load, it's an overload already.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wilmaria14: 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
Yemmyteespeed007:

Watts is real power

There is a factor depending on the design which is used to multiply the kva(apparent power) to get the real power(Watt).

for me I am not a guru just a seller and I believe in solar rating kva is more Dan watt because if u ask a China man to build a 1000w inverter for u he gives u small inverter and tells u what d max can go but u ask for 1kva he gives u a big inverter and d capacity and max is more so in d market u can't compare 1kva femicare to 2000w suoer
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Beninwitch: 7:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
dollarnaira:

In fact what is good for one person is bad for another based on usage and results. I use suoer with all gladness bc it is drains little power. Fine ,both famicare and suoer are both modified sine wave but in reality suoer works for my tv, lightings, woofer ( without humming sound). Humming sound even reduced drastically (with coloured bulbs) when someone here said souer inverters hate loose connection which was right afterwards bc I tested and confirmed it. I used famicare 1kva for few weeks and I see no difference in both.

In terms of size

Most inverters in terms of size are not complete. Buy any oil of say 5L, measure it and u wud discovered that it will not be exactly 5L. Same goes to most things with "sizes" e.g a 1kva(1000w) inverter may probably be 700w while a 2kva(2000w) may likely be 1700w(i.e 1.7kva).

Back to the burnt part

Probably you overloaded your inverter thinking it was a true 1kva or 2kva. I v a permanent saying that, "never load ur inverter above half its capacity".

Note dat modified sine wave is not good for coil based appliances e.g fans, blenders, microwave,oven etc

Lastly
•Tell us what u were using before your inverter got burnt.

•Does ur burnt inverter charges?

• Do u at times use ur inverter while charging it?

Whether psw or msw it is not a full alternative to phcn so we all should pamper our inverters like egg dont plug everything with plug in dem

Many thanks sir. The inverter I believe got burnt from the generator. The generator had a faulty Avr and the current was too high. It was put on and it blew everything in the house including WiFi charger and phone chargers. It was later in discovered the souer inverter wasn't charging again.
The electrician said it couldn't be fixed so I got a famicare. My smart TV used to hum very badly with the souer that watching TV was a chore. With the famicare the humming sound is less although present. I used blender of 230 Watts occasionally with the inverter but used only TV, energy bulbs and a battery free rechargeable fan.

Are you saying it is not advisable to use ceiling fan on the inverter? My electrician said I can use ceiling fan as I have two 200amps battery.
I have spent too much on this set up, let me be petting it like egg as advised. Thank you.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Beninwitch: 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
saint2ace:

Lolz, e be like say ur inverter guy name na Kazeem grin
Well back to business, the capacity of ur souer is bigger than the famicare, but famicare is a better inverter than souer; they may both be modified sine wave but famicare is cleaner than souer, infact famicare is almost on the same league with mercury.

So if I were to advise you, I'll tell u that famicare is a better devil than souer, souer is a no no for me.

My 2 kobo, let others make their input...

Thanks sir. My electrician na one kain guy. At the end of the day he still took away the souer that is faulty which he earlier said cannot be fixed. I truly wanted a pure sine wave inverter. I guess I didn't do my due diligence enough.

I will just hold on and save up to buy a bigger set up when the time comes. For now, let me manage this hehe and count my loss. It is just to stand in the gap for when PHCN fails.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
Beninwitch:

Many thanks sir. The inverter I believe got burnt from the generator. The generator had a faulty Avr and the current was too high. It was put on and it blew everything in the house including WiFi charger and phone chargers. It was later in discovered the souer inverter wasn't charging again.
The electrician said it couldn't be fixed so I got a famicare. My smart TV used to hum very badly with the souer that watching TV was a chore. With the famicare the humming sound is less although present. I used blender of 230 Watts occasionally with the inverter but used only TV, energy bulbs and a battery free rechargeable fan.

Are you saying it is not advisable to use ceiling fan on the inverter? My electrician said I can use ceiling fan as I have two 200amps battery.
I have spent too much on this set up, let me be petting it like egg as advised. Thank you.

Such is life.

Like i said it depends on our appliances but sincerely, y not go for 900va pure sine wave of luminous inverter.It cost about 50k or less for u to v rest of mind. I installed it few days ago for my client.You can get a stand alone aka off grid to save cost while d suoer or famicare do d Charging.

Your smart tv is too precious to run on msw inverter. My tv is a regular led tv. You will damage dat tv soonest. Stand fans of about 50w saves alot of energy. As for me i dont like running ceiling fans on inverters.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by remi2good: 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
dollarnaira:

In fact what is good for one person is bad for another based on usage and results. I use suoer with all gladness bc it is drains little power. Fine ,both famicare and suoer are both modified sine wave but in reality suoer works for my tv, lightings, woofer ( without humming sound). Humming sound even reduced drastically (with coloured bulbs) when someone here said souer inverters hate loose connection which was right afterwards bc I tested and confirmed it. I used famicare 1kva for few weeks and I see no difference in both.

In terms of size

Back to the burnt part

Probably you overloaded your inverter thinking it was a true 1kva or 2kva. I v a permanent saying that, "never load ur inverter above half its capacity".

Note dat modified sine wave is not good for coil based appliances e.g fans, blenders, microwave,oven etc

Lastly
•Tell us what u were using before your inverter got burnt.

•Does ur burnt inverter charges?

• Do u at times use ur inverter while charging it?

Whether psw or msw it is not a full alternative to phcn so we all should pamper our inverters like egg dont plug everything with plug in dem
you're my partner in usage � I've been using that suoer for close to three years now without issues and I was the one that told you to make sure all plugin are firm and you won't have any issues, you've really done some research and you've said it all, I might even add that these latest souer MSW are a bit refined than mercury because they might pass for PSW and doesn't hum unless in cases where the connection is loose, I've used my own for almost all my gadgets including my led TV, thou my fan is not coil, I've even thrown my bedside fridge ounce in a while, initially when I bought the inverter I intended using it as an intermediary, to stand in while I see money to buy PSW, like play like play I found out it wasn't that bad and like play like three years don waka and I'm still using it
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 10:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
remi2good:
you're my partner in usage � I've been using that suoer for close to three years now without issues and I was the one that told you to make sure all plugin are firm and you won't have any issues, you've really done some research and you've said it all, I might even add that these latest souer MSW are a bit refined than mercury because they might pass for PSW and doesn't hum unless in cases where the connection is loose, I've used my own for almost all my gadgets including my led TV, thou my fan is not coil, I've even thrown my bedside fridge ounce in a while, initially when I bought the inverter I intended using it as an intermediary, to stand in while I see money to buy PSW, like play like play I found out it wasn't that bad and like play like three years don waka and I'm still using it

Some of us are not just fortune o bros. But as for me o for now o na suoer bc it works for me. Unfortunately it is a bad bad experience for some.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 4:15am On Dec 21, 2020
Yemmyteespeed007:

Watts is real power

Thanks bro

D average of d above range gives 0.7

Real power of 1kva is roughly 0.7kva while a 1.5kva is roughly 1.05kva.Based on estimate.
Once again thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 4:19am On Dec 21, 2020
Beninwitch:

Thanks sir. My electrician na one kain guy. At the end of the day he still took away the souer that is faulty which he earlier said cannot be fixed. I truly wanted a pure sine wave inverter. I guess I didn't do my due diligence enough.

I will just hold on and save up to buy a bigger set up when the time comes. For now, let me manage this hehe and count my loss. It is just to stand in the gap for when PHCN fails.

But do you know the total load you run on your inverter?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Beninwitch: 9:13am On Dec 21, 2020
dollarnaira:

Such is life.

Like i said it depends on our appliances but sincerely, y not go for 900va pure sine wave of luminous inverter.It cost about 50k or less for u to v rest of mind. I installed it few days ago for my client.You can get a stand alone aka off grid to save cost while d suoer or famicare do d Charging.

Your smart tv is too precious to run on msw inverter. My tv is a regular led tv. You will damage dat tv soonest. Stand fans of about 50w saves alot of energy. As for me i dont like running ceiling fans on inverters.

See eh! This lack of full information is what these marketers exploit on this thread. The famicare was presented as a psw inverter, even though I went to Jumia to read the description and I noted to the seller that it says transformerless. Like I said I highly blame myself for not doing due diligence enough and for being so trusting. As it is now, in just a few hours of use I am already having issues. Pls I will reach out to you. Thank you
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2020
Beninwitch:

Many thanks sir. The inverter I believe got burnt from the generator.
Do you want to sell the dead inverter sir?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 10:39am On Dec 21, 2020
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
As today's topic is about Suoer 2000w inverter... grin...I have a brand new one for sale.

Market price: 21,000 - 24,000
My own price: 16,000
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Ayodeeji(m): 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2020
This is a big thank you to wilmaria14 for the supply of A famicare inverter and 2 100ah skylight batteries in Calabar.
Well done and Vitalis for the referral

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wilmaria14: 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ayodeeji:
This is a big thank you to wilmaria14 for the supply of A famicare inverter and 2 100ah skylight batteries in Calabar.
tanks my man
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 9:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ayodeeji:

Pls bro remove floaters urgently.
Your batteries need to breathe oo
There are tiny holes on d batteries.
Use well cut woods to create space among dem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Ayodeeji(m): 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
@dollar i have separated the batteries.
Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ayodeeji:
@dollar i have separated the batteries.
Thanks
Uwc
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 8:51am On Dec 22, 2020
Fairly used 200a battery up for sale ..

Flatrate price: 55,000

Location : Abule egba, Lagos but can be waybilled to any state as usual under buyers expense.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

SOLD!

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wilmaria14: 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2020
kiekie1:
Fairly used 200a battery up for sale ..

Flatrate price: 55,000

Location : Abule egba, Lagos but can be waybilled to any state as usual under buyers expense.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620
How many
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kuss: 3:19am On Dec 23, 2020
Ayodeeji:
Pls how many hours does this set up last on full charge
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by jadoly(m): 9:41am On Dec 23, 2020
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bellsouth: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2020
Bellsouth Email Login
Excellent list! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Beninwitch: 9:43am On Dec 24, 2020
I really must commend Dollarnaira for his selfless service and support. You are such an excellent person.

Reached out to him and he called and interceded on my behalf. Gave me guidelines and put me through the ropes. Thank you so very much.

To Willmaria14, sorry for the stress and thank you too.

This might be a faceless forum but it has a lot of excellent resources and wonderful people.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wilmaria14: 7:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
Beninwitch:
I really must commend Dollarnaira for his selfless service and support. You are such an excellent person.

Reached out to him and he called and interceded on my behalf. Gave me guidelines and put me through the ropes. Thank you so very much.

To Willmaria14, sorry for the stress and thank you too.

This might be a faceless forum but it has a lot of excellent resources and wonderful people.
one family
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wilmaria14: 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
jadoly:

thank my Boss, you always on point, so happy to do anoda transaction with you sir and to ceejays for creating dis wonderful forum to save many Nigerian jobless youth like me. merci boku, gracious
boss merry Xmas tanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by haywire1: 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
I need a battery charger

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wilmaria14: 9:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
wilmaria14:
boss merry Xmas tanks
still in d love of Xmas I am still given out 100ah
150ah
200ah Ritar battery at d best price u can get no other place hit us up at wilmaria14
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by haywire1: 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Ayodeeji:

How long does skylight battery lasts after full charge ? And how much does 100ah cost?

Wilmaria14

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wilmaria14: 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
haywire1:

How long does skylight battery lasts after full charge ? And how much does 100ah cost?

Wilmaria14

your load will tell
39k now
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Akanniade(m): 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2020
Thanks wilmaria14 for prompt delivery of the dc solar pump. He followed up and delivered and provided me an installer without us meeting. Nice doing business with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.