Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Soul, R&b And Rap Music In Nigeria: Which One Do U Think Gainin' Ground - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Soul, R&b And Rap Music In Nigeria: Which One Do U Think Gainin' Ground (805 Views)

I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman / Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days / Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Soul, R&b And Rap Music In Nigeria: Which One Do U Think Gainin' Ground by DOGGMAN: 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
which one of this type of music in Nigeria do you think is gainnin' most ground in nigeria.
left to to me, i think is RnB.
Thanks to d likes of:

Tuface Idibia
9ice
P-squre
Terry G
Wande Cole
, i'm sorry if i never add ur favourite artist.

Our Rap music in Nigeria is still inmature and will never grow if the likes of:
Mode 9
O.D
M.I
and any others followin' their footsteps. cos all this mc's are over hype.
sorry if i do metion ur favourite artist.
they have no street credibilty like their RnB artist.

I think it will be good if we kinda bring originality to our lyrics, reality to our lines, so the streetz could be proud to work to any store to get their CD.

NO MUSIC MARKETERS READY TO RISK IT WITH RAP MUSIC, cos they belive that, IN NIGERIA, RAP DONT SELL.

Dan foster once told me around dat 2003 that, it will be good if we could do rap in our own street language to get rep from outside the courntry.
jay z had the right to tell mode that is wack, but he has no right to tell lord of ajasa that is wack.

note: this is my own openion, let hear yours.
Re: Soul, R&b And Rap Music In Nigeria: Which One Do U Think Gainin' Ground by aizenjoe: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2010
rite!!!

(1) (Reply)

Youtube Rapper. / Nigeria Artistes And "swagger" / Who Is The Best Niaja Producer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.