Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,477 members, 7,781,391 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:41 PM

Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element (6654 Views)

Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online / Countering The Lies Of Nigeria Army On Bokoharam Rocket Factory(pics) / Matters Arising: Non Appoinment Of Federal Cabinet. - Drss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
There is this deliberate attempt by a section of the North to justify the "Northocratic" appointments by Muhammadu Buhari. It is on record that 8 of the 9 appointments made by Buhari are Northerners. To justify the ethnocratic act of the President, some persons selectively and maliciously singled out a few positions held by Southerners under Jonathan to justify Buhari's Northocratism. Nigeria FG has over 500 Departments and Agencies that one can't be listing all of them at a go. However, I took my time and painstakingly singled out some Ministries and Agencies and listed the heads of these agencies plus their geopolitical zone.

NATIONAL ECONOMY
Chairman National Planning Commission- Namadi Sambo(North)

Min of National Planning- Shamshudeen Usman (North)

Finance Minister- Okonjo Iwaela (South)

MD National Deposit Insurance Commission- Alj Umaru Ibrahim (North)

Commissioner National Insurance Commission -Fola Daniel (SW)

DG Sec Exchange Commission - Aruma Otteh (South)
Mounir H. Gwarzo (North/Incumbent)

C-G Nigeria Custom- Abdulahi Dikko (North)

DG Budget Office- Bright Okogwu (SS/Appointed by Yar'adua)

Exec Chairman FIRS- Kabir Mashi (North) 2012-March 2015
Mr. Samuel Ogungbesan (South/March 2015)

Chairman Investment and Sec Tribunal- Dr Ngozi Chianakwalam (SE)

Accountant-General- Mr. Jonah Ogunniyi Otunla (SW)

CEO NEXIM Bank- Robert Orya (South)

MINERAL RESOURCES
Min of Mines and Steel (Solid Mineral)- Musa Mohammed Sada(North)

DG Nigeria Cardastal Office- Malam Mohammad Amate (North)

DG Geological Survey of Nigeria- Alex Ndubuisu (SE)

Minister of Petroleum- Mrs Alison Madueke (SS)

Executive Secretary PTDF: Dr. Oluwole Oluleye/Femi Ajayi (2 South West)

Executive Secretary Petroleum Equalisation Fund (PEF) - Asabe Ahmed (North)

Exec Secretary PPPRA- Mr Farouk Ahmed (North)

GMD NNPC - Andrew Yakubu/Joseph Dawha (2 North)
DG Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority- Dr Martin Ogharandukun/Lawrence Anikwe (2 South)
/
SECURITY
National Security Adviser- Gen Aliyu Gusau/Col Sambo Dasuki (2 North)
Gen Iwoye Azazi (SS)

Min of Defence- Alh Haliru Bello/Aliyu Gusau (2 North)

Min of Police Affairs- Caleb Olubode/Adesina Delili(2 SW)

Chief of Defence Staff- Sa'ad Ibrahim/Alex Badeh (2 North)
Oluseyi Pitinrin (SW)

Chief of Army Staff- Keneth Minimah/Azubuike Ihejirika (SS/SE)

Chief of Naval Staff- Usman Jibrin/Sa'ad Ibrahim (2 North)
Joseph Ezeoba (South)

Chief of Air Staff- Muhammed Umar/Alex Badeh (2 North)
Adesola Amosun (SW)

Inspector General of Police- Hafiz Rigim/MD Abubakar/Abba Suleiman (3 North)
Solomon Arase (SS)

DG National Intelligence Agency- Olaniyi Oladeji/Ayo Oke (SW)

DG State Security Service- Ita Ekpeyong (SS)

ANTI-CORRUPTION
Chairman EFCC- Ibrahim Lamorde (North)

Chairman ICPC- Ekpo Itan (South)

REGIONAL
FCT Minister- Bala Muhammed (North)
ND Minister- Elder Godsday Orubebe (SS)

In addition to the above, Jonathan's appointed Chairman of INEC Atahiru Jega is from Kebbi state (North). The Attorney General under Jonathan Muhammed Adoke is a Northerner. A cursory look at Jonathan's appointment will convince any doubter that the North were one of the major beneficiaries. It is unfair for a section of the North to propagate falsehood in their bid to justify the Northocratic appointments of President Buhari.

I will be glad to entertain anyone that can name ANY sector that GEJ marginalised the North.

NOTE: When two different people from same zone occupy one position, I use / to separate them.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Ofeakwu(m): 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by topearos(m): 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
Following
Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by klodike(m): 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by wealthyguyman(m): 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
GEJ is a true nationalist and a de-tribalized man

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by DickDastardly(m): 10:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
fvck the other side. Aint no love's gon be wasted on em when the jig is up. i hate tilted scales and love to balance em wif slugs cool
Fingers crossed.
Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
wealthyguyman:

GEJ can be accused of anything but not marginalising the North. The only people that can complain is the SW but it wasn't that bad. It is a shame that some people in the North are poised to rewrite history that we all witnessed.

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by DonXavi(m): 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
T
Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by funlord(m): 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
grin
So? Why not wait until the man constitutes his FULL cabinet and then note its composition before labelling it "northocratic or northocentric" or whatever "hotch potch" title you want to! Na wa oh!

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
funlord:
grin
So? Why not wait until the man constitutes his FULL cabinet and then note its composition before labelling it "northocratic or northocentric" or whatever "hotch potch" title you want to! Na wa oh!
I wouldn't have bothered creating this thread but for the deliberate twisting of facts by your people to justify the Northocratic appointment by Pres Buhari.

Cc Whynotthetruth Ecoterrors Mogidi Altwireless Komek Idekwum Anonimi Firefire Truckpusher Nigerianvenom NDPVF engineerboat

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
Why not wait for the final list of Buhari's appointees. It's still premature to condemn Buhari before then.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by drss(m): 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
@Op you dey mind those Children of anger? Their own is to create confusion by spreading lies and half truths about GEJ's administration.
History will vindicate GEJ.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
GEJ=Hero

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by funlord(m): 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:
I wouldn't have bothered creating this thread but for the deliberate twisting of facts by your people to justify the Northocratic appointment by Pres Buhari.

Cc Whynotthetruth Ecoterrors Mogidi Altwireless Komek Idekwum Anonimi Firefire Truckpusher Nigerianvenom NDPVF engineerboat
grin
barcanista:
I wouldn't have bothered creating this thread but for the deliberate twisting of facts by YOUR PEOPLE to justify the Northocratic appointment by Pres Buhari.

Mr man,Note the bolded! I'm tired of explaining to you guys that I am non partisan! Whether pdp or apc! But maybe if they can register OPP then I can reconsider! Always note my posts, I swing both ways! Give the man a chance to make his mistakes 1st then crucify him! If you take a look at my background you would understand my ideology! Nationalism and youth empowerment! That's all I care about!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:
GEJ can be accused of anything but not marginalising the North. The only people that can complain is the SW but it wasn't that bad. It is a shame that some people in the North are poised to rewrite history that we all witnessed.
But Oga most of the appointments you have up there were made based on the Federal Character stuff na.... When you even compare the appointments PMB has made and those GEJ made they don't look different if you consider the zones of the appointees

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by docsholz(m): 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
Detribalised indeed..... He struggled to hide his dislike of yorubas

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
Why not wait for the final list of Buhari's appointees. It's still premature to condemn Buhari before then.
I would not have created this but for the deceit against GEJ that is trending all to justify "Northocracy" and thereby encourage the President to continue Ín that line.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by BossTtdiamonds(m): 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
funlord:
grin
You dey mind the protection seeker..

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by doublewisdom: 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
Thanks op

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

But Oga most of the appointments you have up there were made based on the Federal Character stuff na.... When you even compare the appointments PMB has made and those GEJ made they don't look different if you consider the zones of the appointees
Òga Federal Character may or may not be enforced by the government in power except where speccified (eg min number of Ministers per state). How many of GEJ appointees were from his Bayelsa state? how many are Ijaws? Which key sector was the North marginalised? What GEJ did was to give fair sharing of office. In fact only the Yorubas can complain of "not getting enough" among the r majority ethnic groups.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by tetraman(m): 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
.interesting.
Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
docsholz:
Detribalised indeed..... He struggled to hide his dislike of yorubas
It is unfair to say this. Yorubas held key portfolio too under GEJ.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Princess042(f): 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
Let's just wait till he appoints his ministers
Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
wealthyguyman:

The OP is employing psychology or sophistry to manipulate gullible folks. Why do you have SE, SS, and SW without corresponding NE, NW, NC?
Also, if there are as many as 500 departments and agencies, it would be erroneous to make an inference based on mere nine appointments. What trend can one see in nine out of about a thousand appointments to make? Your representative sample (about 45 appointments) is also too small and flawed to make any meaningful inference. In addition, many of those names listed are ministers which the president is duty bound, constitutionally, to appoint from their states. It doesn't matter who is ruling, Delta state, for instance must produce a minister. Indeed, all states must produce a minister. Therefore, listing names of ministers to prove impartiality is puerile. Why not wait till Buhari constitute his cabinet and see if he only appoints northerners?

GEJ was a divisive president who never missed an opportunity to advertise his tribalism. Even at a point, OP condemned GEJ's glaring celebration of tribalism. Hear him here:

barcanista:
And in 2015 the Igbos that makes up 99% Nigeria population will return you to power.
I wonder how clueless Jonathan can be. Playing tribal and religious politics that disgusts me and is unfavorable even to him in the demography of Nigeria. This Mr. Jonathan must be kicked out.
And this
barcanista:
A smart government will not play open tribal politics because it won't favor him and the tribe he perceivedly favored in the future. You need to realise that Jonathan will leave power some day and power will shift to the "marginalised" region. What will be the igbo fate? That's why I am against tribal politics

It's laughable to think a first class tribalist like GEJ could also be described as an impartial president. Some of the reasons he couldn't carry the entire South were not just because he ran a clueless, corrupt and incompetent government, part of them included his glaring tribalism. Nigeria is more than North-South contraption, just because GEJ didn't marginalize the north does not automatically mean he didn't marginalize others even in the South. One man's nationalist can easily be another's tribalist.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
Mamaflex this is what we call detribalised leadership
Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by joseph1832(m): 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
So out of the numerous positions you listed PMB have only made 9 appointments 8 of which are northerners. Whycn't you just wait for him to finish appointing before you start raining fire and brimstone?

Patience is a virtue you know barcanista.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by nigerianvenom(m): 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
He was a detribalised leader unlike this dogoyaro baba once chance.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
bayooooooo:

The OP is employing psychology or sophistry to manipulate gullible folks. Why do you have SE, SS, and SW without corresponding NE, NW, NC?
Also, if there are as many as 500 departments and agencies, it would be erroneous to make an inference based on mere nine appointments. What trend can one see in nine out of about a thousand appointments to make? Your representative sample (about 45 appointments) is also too small and flawed to make any meaningful inference. In addition, many of those names listed are ministers which the president is duty bound, constitutionally, to appoint from their states. It doesn't matter who is ruling, Delta state, for instance must produce a minister. Indeed, all states must produce a minister. Therefore, listing names of ministers to prove impartiality is puerile. Why not wait till Buhari constitute his cabinet and see if he only appoints northerners?

GEJ was a divisive president who never missed an opportunity to advertise his tribalism. Even at a point, OP condemned GEJ's glaring celebration of tribalism. Hear him here:

And this

It's laughable to think a first class tribalist like GEJ could also be described as an impartial president. Some of the reasons he couldn't carry the entire South were not just because he ran a clueless, corrupt and incompetent government, part of them included his glaring tribalism. Nigeria is more than North-South contraption, just because GEJ didn't marginalize the north does not automatically mean he didn't marginalize others even in the South. One man's nationalist can easily be another's tribalist.
The topic you quoted was reaction to GEJ's "Igbos are the pillars of my administration" comment. It has nothing to do with appointment. On why I distinguised SE/SS and SW, it is because the argument employed by you guys was that GEJ morginalised the North and you lumped SE/SS/SW as one and the whole North as one. You guys should distinguish yourself. North is North,

I want you to name ANY sector and I will tell you the Minister and Parastatals Heads that were appointed by GEJ.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
nigerianvenom:
He was a detribalised leader unlike this dogoyaro baba once chance.
9 Appointments, 8 North and one south.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
Pls edit Bright Okogwu region of budget office, He is an Urhubo man not Igbo
Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
DikeOha882:
Pls edit Bright Okogwu region of budget office, He is an Urhubo man not Igbo
Apologies...Will do that

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
funlord:
grin
Buhari antecedents predates him today so I'm not suprised about his Northnocratic appointment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Politicians Hoarding Money To Buy Votes During 2019 Elections, Says Sowore / Benue Guber Campaigns: Apc, Pdp Trade Accusations Over Violence In Gbajimba …i A / Nigeria Will Break Up When South-south Agrees To Join Biafra – Gov. Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.