Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,908 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? (4457 Views)

Are Your Kids Comfortable With You Being Around? / Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? / Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by bellong: 9:45am On Jul 09, 2015
Phema:

Bellong is not lying. He was in my class in the 50s.
When you used to copy me in exams tongue
Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 09, 2015
bellong:

When you used to copy me in exams tongue

And you had to tell the whole world? *covers face*

After all the 1kobo ice cream i bought for you in compensation. angry
Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by bellong: 10:25am On Jul 09, 2015
Phema:

And you had to tell the whole world? *covers face*

After all the 1kobo ice cream i bought for you in compensation. angry

you see, you forget things easily, why I had to always teach you stuff... We were not using naira and kobo then.
Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 09, 2015
bellong:

you see, you forget things easily, why I had to always teach you stuff... We were not using naira and kobo then.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by belac: 11:20am On Jul 09, 2015
EyeKandy:
I'm not sure if she's inspired by me or straight-up competitive? Will you be worried?

How do you handle a close friend that copies everything you do. I mean, If i buy a brown bag today, she gets hers as well. I recently went on a vacation with the bf and now, she's talking about going there too. When she wanted to get into the same career field, I was there for her, advised her on schools and everything, but I'm getting uncomfortable.

Its so bad that I don't tell her what I plan to do with my hair. I showed her a picture of a hair style I wanted so she quickly went and did hers so I don't tell her nothing no more. I've not braided my hair in years. Now I have box braids on my hair, yesterday she mentioned that "she wouldn't mind braiding hers cos she likes the way it looks" I'm like, chile.....she tried it again! sad

Am I being petty?
there is limit what she can copy you, if you want to know try something awkward.....I have a cousin who does that even to an extend trying to copy my signature, you should be happy someone copying you, you can caution her if she won't misunderstand you, cos I do tell my cousin I will like "you don't have to do everything I did"
Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by thelish(f): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2015
cococandy:

*Covers face like a school girl*
Pls Don't make me shy. grin

Thanks a lot.
We are very fine smiley
u welcome sweet. pls don't be shy ooo. *remove hands from face ooo*

1 Like

Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by crackhaus: 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
EyeKandy:
I'm not sure if she's inspired by me or straight-up competitive? Will you be worried?

How do you handle a close friend that copies everything you do. I mean, If i buy a brown bag today, she gets hers as well. I recently went on a vacation with the bf and now, she's talking about going there too. When she wanted to get into the same career field, I was there for her, advised her on schools and everything, but I'm getting uncomfortable.

Its so bad that I don't tell her what I plan to do with my hair. I showed her a picture of a hair style I wanted so she quickly went and did hers so I don't tell her nothing no more. I've not braided my hair in years. Now I have box braids on my hair, yesterday she mentioned that "she wouldn't mind braiding hers cos she likes the way it looks" I'm like, chile.....she tried it again! sad

Am I being petty?
Yes, you are being very petty.

What's the big deal in a close friend wanting to dress and look like you do?
Isn't it even supposed to be like a confidence-boost for you knowing that you're more stylish and hip than she is, hence she wants to look like you do?

I can never understand how some of you women think sometimes.

Come to think of it, I'm sure you know they don't manufacture only one of the clothes, bags, or artificial hair that you buy... so even if your close friend isn't wearing it, other people elsewhere have the same stuff that you do.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by cococandy(f): 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
Phema:

Bellong is not lying. He was in my class in the 50s.
cheesy
Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by TV01(m): 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
...imitation they say "is the sincerest form of flattery".

TV
Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by coogar: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
TV01:
...imitation they say "is the sincerest form of flattery".

TV

unfortunately, some women are too thick to get this. who cares if a friend is imitating anything i do?
Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 13, 2015
Qualer:

You, my dear, are full of wisdom in the real sense. Such clarity!!! Not just a pretty face afterall... cool

I like her posts too

1 Like

Re: Are You Comfortable With A Copy-cat Friend? by cococandy(f): 12:39am On Jul 13, 2015
milychocs:

I like her posts too
wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18 Albinos Pictures With Unique Beauties That Will Wow You / What Makes A Good Marriage Work / Is He Secretive Or I'm Being Nosy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.