Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,943 members, 7,803,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam (35287 Views)

John Fashanu Rubbishes Interest Claim From Fan, Says It's Unfounded! / Emmanuel Emenike Buys G Wagon [PICS] / Emmanuel Emenike Converts To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by dom(m): 9:27am On Jul 07, 2015
Is there any big deal observing fasting during the (Muslim) fasting period?” he asked rhetorically....."

"Fasting is not what everybody should know that you are doing and it’s very sad seeing this in the media."

"I don't discriminate against anybody and I believe we are all equal in the presence of God, so what is the big deal in fasting?

“Does he know how many time I fast to get closer to God before the fasting periods? It's really sad because I don't see it as a big deal."

I hope some people are learning. Fasting is a personal thing. Not something to be made a public show about like the pharisees.
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 9:43am On Jul 07, 2015
u know I'm always surprised when muslims say christians dont fast . christians do just that we dont go around telling people or carrying downcast face around. Today is just 7th of the month and i've fasted like 3 times/days and i cant even say how many times I've fasted in this muslim month of ramaddan and how many more before it ends. Its a normal thing that christians do alot but we dont go around saying it or having a feast at the end of the fast. in my family we have specific days of the month we fast. sometimes we just wake up and decide to fast that day. and i keep wondering of the muslims have not heard christians 40days fasting, 100 days, 20 days and sometimes 7 or more days continuous dry fasting.
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2015
dckng16:
Islam preaches no peace but violence. Christianity all the way. 80% of crisis we have all over the world is caused by Muslims d jihadist. For example ISIS, alqueda, boko haram, al-shabab. Every where bombings and killings all in d name of Allah

mehnn ...I'm wondering if the tank/drum or whatever they've been sacrificing peoples blood into for Allah is not filled yet. please when will it get filled so that the world can have peace?
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2015
abbey621:

Yet we have KKK, The White Brotherhood, Nazis and so on, can't you see how ignorant you are? Why don't you focus on being a better Christian instead of bashing another religion undecided undecided

do they ever say they are killing for jesus christ? do they shout allahuak jesus before they kill anybody? where is it in the bible that jesus himself led troops to a war? please how many wars did prophet Mohammed S.a.w led? please also estimate how many people he killed during those wars? well, the boko boys, ISIS, alqaeda etc have role model in case u dont know.
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 10:39am On Jul 07, 2015
abbey621:

How are you sure where you will end up? Are you God's secretary? Do you have some information that others don't have? Better stop kidding yourself with the ideology that one religion is better than the other. God is the ultimate Judge and executioner, focus on your own salvation and leave the rest to him!

heaven is filled with sinners who repented. what u dont understand in being a christian is that we know we are sinners (everyone is) but we believe in the blood of jesus which was shed to help us make heaven. understand that nobody born of a woman is clean/holy/ righteous enough to make heaven. God is too righteous to behold iniquity so jesus is just like the gate pass. imagine someone buying a meal ticket for u when u dont have money. Ordinarily u couldnt afford the meal but with the help of that person u now can. this is just an illustration. infact it was also demonstrated at the cross when a thief repented. jesus promised he will be with him in paradise. i know i cant make heaven on my own but i know i will because i know I'm a sinner and christ has paid my debt.
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 11:12am On Jul 07, 2015
zeyney:

If Its Nt Abt A Religion Den Wat Is It Abt Cus I Dnt Understnd U Point Cus Muslims Bliv In Jesus Nd We Dnt Cal Him Bad Names Lyk Christians Do Prophet Muhammad(SAW) Nd If U Rid Ur Bible Well U Wil Kw Dat Evn Jesus Nva Asked U 2 Worship Him Cus He Is Mortal Nd He Also Sed In D Bible Dat Dere Wil B Someone Afta Him So Pls Rid Ur Bible Vry Wel

the problem with u muslims is that u beleive everything your imam tells u. cant u atleast read the bible for urself before going into blind argument? jesus promised them the comforter. he did because he said naturally they wont be able to do as he had taught them. imagine some1 telling u to give the right cheek if some1 hits u on the left cheek. is it humanly possible? the disciples were really timid and the purpose of jesus' coming would have been defeated because they wouldnt have been able to withstand persecution ( i mean what the muslims still do to christians up till today, well some). And the bible reported that soon after jesus death the disciples were always indoors hiding and just like jesus promised 40 days after, the holy spirit descended on them and they became bold and preached the gospel. all the disciples, i mean all were maŕtyred. so u want to tell us that the holy spirit came in the form of mohammed? why was he so different from jesus? jesus never killed but mohammed went to several wars and he killed with the sword. or did he go to those wars to play with his enemies? well if i was a moslem i would have long been converted because i like geniune peace. not islams kind of 'peace'.
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by hakinz87: 11:37am On Jul 07, 2015
Bullshit, dats how they are spreading the false rumour of seyi adebayor.
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 11:41am On Jul 07, 2015
abbey621:

The bolded part I have to disagree with, Islam is projected to be the highest growing religion within the next 40 years, I seriously doubt the numbers would go down, as the world's overall population is scheduled to break the 10 Billion mark.

yes. 10 years back there was nothing like bokoharam. 5 years back there was nothing like ISIS etc. Estimate the number of churches that have been burnt and the no of christians that have been killed by the combined effect of isis, alqaeda, alshabab, boko haram etc and just imagine what they can do in time to come considering also the ones being formed in the cocoon ( because e no dey hard for muslims to form or fund terrorist grp). so... islam is the fastest growing religion because they are reducing the no. of christians thru killing and other christians get converted due of intimidation. Another major contributor is that a muslim man has 4 wives and 56 children ( i mean just one family) while a christian man has 1 wife and 3 children, atmost 5.
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2015
joganut:
emenike i dedicate this pic to u.....
Chai! Na my Guyinz u do like this
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
egobetatoday:

yes. 10 years back there was nothing like bokoharam. 5 years back there was nothing like ISIS etc. Estimate the number of churches that have been burnt and the no of christians that have been killed by the combined effect of isis, alqaeda, alshabab, boko haram etc and just imagine what they can do in time to come considering also the ones being formed in the cocoon ( because e no dey hard for muslims to form or fund terrorist grp). so... islam is the fastest growing religion because they are reducing the no. of christians thru killing and other christians get converted due of intimidation. Another major contributor is that a muslim man has 4 wives and 56 children ( i mean just one family) while a christian man has 1 wife and 3 children, atmost 5.

By your logic, all Muslims are terrorists. This includes my loving father, my primary school teacher who paid my school fees when we had nothing and my doctor which has saved countless lives. You sir are an ignoramus!
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
egobetatoday:

heaven is filled with sinners who repented. what u dont understand in being a christian is that we know we are sinners (everyone is) but we believe in the blood of jesus which was shed to help us make heaven. understand that nobody born of a woman is clean/holy/ righteous enough to make heaven. God is too righteous to behold iniquity so jesus is just like the gate pass. imagine someone buying a meal ticket for u when u dont have money. Ordinarily u couldnt afford the meal but with the help of that person u now can. this is just an illustration. infact it was also demonstrated at the cross when a thief repented. jesus promised he will be with him in paradise. i know i cant make heaven on my own but i know i will because i know I'm a sinner and christ has paid my debt.

So why don't you leave judgment to God and stop the useless bashing of other religion. If God didn't want the other religions to exists don't you think it would cost him nothing to wipe them out?
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
egobetatoday:

do they ever say they are killing for jesus christ? do they shout allahuak jesus before they kill anybody? where is it in the bible that jesus himself led troops to a war? please how many wars did prophet Mohammed S.a.w led? please also estimate how many people he killed during those wars? well, the boko boys, ISIS, alqaeda etc have role model in case u dont know.

Was Jesus the only Prophet in the Bible or did you just pick him because he had the highest reputation. What about Moses, Elijah and the rest? The Prophet Muhammad S.A.W, never claimed to be a perfect human being, he never claimed to be God, it is us humans that have twisted prophethood into something else. Those that are killing in the name of God are directly contradicting the word of God because those they are killing is not in war with them, most of these people are defenseless. For every passage in the Quran which supports violence, there are just as much which counters it. The key here is interpretation but people like you do not get it. The Quran itself is pure but some religious and community leaders have chosen to twist its message just like the way the Bible was twisted back in the Dark ages. You subconsciously fuel this terrorist by spreading your hate message and antagonizing other religion. You claim to be the most tolerant of all religion and yet throughout history no religion has been more prejudicial than Christianity but you won't see me condemn all Christians. The Catholic has more pedophile around than all other Christian denomination but you won't see me call every Catholic a pedophile. What then gives you and your cronies the right to condemn an entire religion? What makes you think every Muslim is bad?
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
I knew it was a false Rumour,that's y I refused to comment that day,buh thank God for his life
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by zeyney(f): 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
Rayhut:

Those Muslims place of worship they bomb is mosque that their imam is not supporting jihad, Koran refer to them as infidels,that why boko haram bomb mosque,they treat as unbelievers, Koran 190 or 90
Pls Quote A Verse A Verse In D Qur'an Were Allah Says Dat Muslims Who Donot Engage In D Senseless Killing Of People Frm Oda Religions Re Infidels.Are U Saying Dat Muslims Who Donnot Kill People 4rm Oda Religion Donot Rid D Qur'an Or Are U Saying Dat D Qur'an Are Of Different Types Wit Different Meanings?My Dear D Qur'an Dat I Hv Studied Nva Asked Muslims To Kil People Of Oda Faith Senslesly.Muslims Are Only Encouraged 2 Fight Those Who Want 2 Fight Dem Or Seek Dem Harm In Which Case Is In Self Defence Nd Evn Wen Fighting Those Who Wish 2 Cus Dem Harm,d Qur'an Has Vehemently Preached Against Killing Of Defencless People Which Include Women,children Nd Even Animals.Dats D Qur'an I Hv Studied.I Wil Advise Dat If U Wnt 2 Genuinly Kw Abt Islam Den Rid D Tansliterated Qur'an
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by zeyney(f): 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
dom:
Is there any big deal observing fasting during the (Muslim) fasting period?” he asked rhetorically....."

"Fasting is not what everybody should know that you are doing and it’s very sad seeing this in the media."

"I don't discriminate against anybody and I believe we are all equal in the presence of God, so what is the big deal in fasting?

“Does he know how many time I fast to get closer to God before the fasting periods? It's really sad because I don't see it as a big deal."

I hope some people are learning. Fasting is a personal thing. Not something to be made a public show about like the pharisees.
My Dear D Difference Btwn Fasting In D Moth Of Ramadan Nd Oda Month Is Dat U Hv 2 Alwys B At Ur Best Behaviour Nd Do Alot Of Gud Deed Through Out D Month Nd Its Vry Compulsory Cus Dat D Onli Way U Cn Rip Its Ful Benefits Odawise U Re Just Starvin Ursef 4 Ntn Nd Besides Muslims Donnot Onli Fast In D Month Of Ramdan.We Onli Mk Ramdan Fast Kwn 2 Those Who Re Curous
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
abbey621:

By your logic, all Muslims are terrorists. This includes my loving father, my primary school teacher who paid my school fees when we had nothing and my doctor which has saved countless lives. You sir are an ignoramus!

Ignoramus? ok. now tell me...how many wars did your mohammed personally supervise? i know i wont get an answer from u. I KNOW!
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
egobetatoday:

Ignoramus? ok. now tell me...how many wars did your mohammed personally supervise? i know i wont get an answer from u. I KNOW!

No one is denying that he was a general. He led many battles, the same way Moses and other prophets did. Right thinking Muslims never claimed he was God or even God-like so I don't know the point you are trying to make. Stop wasting my time with your sentiments!
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
zeyney:

Pls Quote A Verse A Verse In D Qur'an Were Allah Says Dat Muslims Who Donot Engage In D Senseless Killing Of People Frm Oda Religions Re Infidels.Are U Saying Dat Muslims Who Donnot Kill People 4rm Oda Religion Donot Rid D Qur'an Or Are U Saying Dat D Qur'an Are Of Different Types Wit Different Meanings?My Dear D Qur'an Dat I Hv Studied Nva Asked Muslims To Kil People Of Oda Faith Senslesly.Muslims Are Only Encouraged 2 Fight Those Who Want 2 Fight Dem Or Seek Dem Harm In Which Case Is In Self Defence

oh really. the difference is that jesus said we should turn the right cheek if someone hits u on the left cheek.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

one more thing, how many wars did prophet mohammed personally attended and supervised? Boko boys may have found a role model in him.
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
abbey621:

No one is denying that he was a general. He led many battles, the same way Moses and other prophets did. Right thinking Muslims never claimed he was God or even God-like so I don't know the point you are trying to make. Stop wasting my time with your sentiments!

same way moses and other prophets did? really? go read the bible again then. that aside, tell me how many wars did jesus lead? i am comparing jesus and mohammed because the followers of mohammed are the muslims bombing, sorry, detonating 'peace' everywhere likewise christians follow examples of jesus.
therevis similarity btw General MOHAMMED The prophet saw and General shekau then. and also the generals leading the armies of ISIS, ALQAEDA etc
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
egobetatoday:

same way moses and other prophets did? really? go read the bible again then. that aside, tell me how many wars did jesus lead? i am comparing jesus and mohammed because the followers of mohammed are the muslims bombing, sorry, detonating 'peace' everywhere likewise christians follow examples of jesus.

Why do you insist on being partial? Isn't it obvious to you by now that you don't know what you are talking about? Must we play this round a round game all day? Are you saying Moses was not a violent prophet? Are you saying Jesus was the only prophet worthy of mentioning from the Bible? Are you saying before Christ there were no believers? What of Abraham, Elijah and so on? So many questions but I'll stop there. You see son, those bombing innocent people in the name of God or the prophet are already damned! You can't fight Jihad against defenseless , innocent people! Your failure to see that religion is not the problem but rather interpretation shows me that you have little to no understanding of what you're arguing about. I suggest you educate yourself on the history of religion and see why even in Christianity we still have some evil people who interpret it the wrong way!
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by zeyney(f): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
egobetatoday:

oh really. the difference is that jesus said we should turn the right cheek if someone hits u on the left cheek.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

one more thing, how many wars did prophet mohammed personally attended and supervised? Boko boys may have found a role model in him.
Am Nt Talkin Abt A Mere Slap Bt An Attack On Ur Lyf Wit Deadly Weapons.Wil U Sit Bak Nd Watch Som1 Try 2 Kil U Witout Atempting To Defend Ursef Evn If Ur Bible Tels U Nt 2.B Sincere.Prophet Muhammad Pbuh Had Many Enemies Who Tried Various Devious Ways 2 Kil Him Bt Evn Den He Was Relectant 2 Fight Bak Until It Seemed As If D Attack Were Nt Goin 2 Stp Den He Had 2 Defend Himself Nd Evn Wen He Fought He Nva Harmed Defenceless Men,women,children Nd Animals.Pls Gt Correct Fact B4 Goin Into Blind Argument.I Wil Advise U 2 Rid D Life History Of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W Frm Any Islamic Site.
Salam Case Closed
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by Blackfire(m): 11:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
ubecharles:
. So you don't know its by force, you either accept and live or reject and be killed cikena

how about i reject and and still kill the by force agent, there is no monopoly of violence
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by Blackfire(m): 11:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
zeyney:

Am Nt Talkin Abt A Mere Slap Bt An Attack On Ur Lyf Wit Deadly Weapons.Wil U Sit Bak Nd Watch Som1 Try 2 Kil U Witout Atempting To Defend Ursef Evn If Ur Bible Tels U Nt 2.B Sincere.Prophet Muhammad Pbuh Had Many Enemies Who Tried Various Devious Ways 2 Kil Him Bt Evn Den He Was Relectant 2 Fight Bak Until It Seemed As If D Attack Were Nt Goin 2 Stp Den He Had 2 Defend Himself Nd Evn Wen He Fought He Nva Harmed Defenceless Men,women,children Nd Animals.Pls Gt Correct Fact B4 Goin Into Blind Argument.I Wil Advise U 2 Rid D Life History Of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W Frm Any Islamic Site.
Salam Case Closed

if only u knew the evil and attrocities that mohamed did u will be very angry at the lies u ve been feed all this years.
Are this the characters of a role model?
1. He the al hassan collected the wife of his adopted son, after seeing her sexy body, the guy man quickly receive revelation and married the daughter in law.. No 2 loading...
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 11:50am On Jul 08, 2015
abbey621:

Why do you insist on being partial? Isn't it obvious to you by now that you don't know what you are talking about? Must we play this round a round game all day? Are you saying Moses was not a violent prophet? Are you saying Jesus was the only prophet worthy of mentioning from the Bible? Are you saying before Christ there were no believers? What of Abraham, Elijah and so on? So many questions but I'll stop there. You see son, those bombing innocent people in the name of God or the prophet are already damned! You can't fight Jihad against defenseless , innocent people! Your failure to see that religion is not the problem but rather interpretation shows me that you have little to no understanding of what you're arguing about. I suggest you educate yourself on the history of religion and see why even in Christianity we still have some evil people who interpret it the wrong way!

why do u like to act daft? why do u like to answer questions i didnt even ask just so that u can escape the obvious? ok the question is this again... could it be that General shekau and the other generals in ISIS, Alqaeda etc learnt from their master prophet Mohammed who u said was a general in the army and a warlord? (well i know u are going to construct another question and answer for urself. lets see how u'll answer this simple question)
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
egobetatoday:

why do u like to act daft? why do u like to answer questions i didnt even ask just so that u can escape the obvious? ok the question is this again... could it be that General shekau and the other generals in ISIS, Alqaeda etc learnt from their master prophet Mohammed who u said was a general in the army and a warlord? (well i know u are going to construct another question and answer for urself. lets see how u'll answer this simple question)

The problem with ignorant people like you is that you try to mix apples with oranges instead of focusing mainly on facts. Ok let's accept the prophet was a general(Just like Moses and some other prophets), did he kill innocent people like ISIS and Shekau's boys are doing? The Quran supports Jihad, Jihad means holy war. You cannot fight Jihad against innocent defenseless people. ISIS and other terrorist might claim that they are fighting Jihad but most of the people they've killed are innocent! I've told you before Islam is not the problem, the problem is the interpretation, if you don't understand this then you are obviously not as smart as you think!
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
abbey621:

The problem with ignorant people like you is that you try to mix apples with oranges instead of focusing mainly on facts. Ok let's accept the prophet was a general(Just like Moses and some other prophets), did he kill innocent people like ISIS and Shekau's boys are doing? The Quran supports Jihad, Jihad means holy war. You cannot fight Jihad against innocent defenseless people. ISIS and other terrorist might claim that they are fighting Jihad but most of the people they've killed are innocent! I've told you before Islam is not the problem, the problem is the interpretation, if you don't understand this then you are obviously not as smart as you think!

pls what makes a war holy? is it the fact that swords are used or bombs and grenades? holy war indeed! i am sure hitlers war was considered 'holy' by him too since the 'holiness' in the war is determine by the people attacking and not the people being attacked. same way the isis and boko boys are fighting a holy war dont u think? because they want a sharia state. there are several religions but only in islam is killing of humans(whether an enemy or an innocent) termed a 'holy' war. if boko boys term theirs holy war who are u to say the war is baseless when there are examples in their holy quran lol. while uthman dan fodio was on his holy war rubbish didnt he kill 'infidels? i am sorry to say that its only in islam( considering that there are over 100 religions) that a war where lives are lost is called 'holy'. which other religion use war as a means of getting converts ( i mean evangelism in islam)? the fact tht u are fighting against ur enemies doesnt make it holy ( personal opinion, cos according to the quran fighting against ur enemy is a holy war). i am sorry, but ur religion is... cos i cant just fathom why a holy book should call a war 'holy'. compare jesus who also had enemies but didnt go to a 'holy' war against them. infact he still died in their hands but rather than call his disciples to go on a holy war against his killers prayed for them on the cross. the problem is dat u people think we dont know much about ur religion. my dear every info is online now. we all know mohammed had to go to war against pple in mecca and medina before he was able to establish his religion (i mean evangelism na) there. ehen give me another good 'story'.
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
abbey621:

ok. while u are tryin to force urself to interprete islam in the light of peace ur boko boys are interpreting islam in the light of what the quran says and examples from the holy quran ( mohammed's). keep deceiving urself. while each of them will get '70 WIDE EYED VIRGINS' you will be there with nothing. not even one because u were busy lieing against the holy quran. just imagine 70 wide eyed virgins with each virgin their own maids all for one man. na u go talose oo.
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
egobetatoday:

ok. while u are tryin to force urself to interprete islam in the light of peace ur boko boys are interpreting islam in the light of what the quran says and examples from the holy quran ( mohammed's). keep deceiving urself. while each of them will get '70 WIDE EYED VIRGINS' you will be there with nothing. not even one because u were busy lieing against the holy quran. just imagine 70 wide eyed virgins with each virgin their own maids all for one man. na u go talose oo.

Let them keep believing that crap, virgins don finish o, the few wey remain na for the elite grin grin grin On a serious note, you need to enlighten yourself. We have successful peaceful Muslims all over the world, my dad's family is a great example, what would you do when you are sick and the doctor treating you is a Muslim? Or you get a job and your boss is a Muslim? Life is all about give and take, this is what the Boko boys and other terrorists don't understand. They keep shouting they are fighting for God which is arrant nonsense! You can't fight for God, he's more than capable of fighting for himself!
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
egobetatoday:

pls what makes a war holy? is it the fact that swords are used or bombs and grenades? holy war indeed! i am sure hitlers war was considered 'holy' by him too since the 'holiness' in the war is determine by the people attacking and not the people being attacked. same way the isis and boko boys are fighting a holy war dont u think? because they want a sharia state. there are several religions but only in islam is killing of humans(whether an enemy or an innocent) termed a 'holy' war. if boko boys term theirs holy war who are u to say the war is baseless when there are examples in their holy quran lol. while uthman dan fodio was on his holy war rubbish didnt he kill 'infidels? i am sorry to say that its only in islam( considering that there are over 100 religions) that a war where lives are lost is called 'holy'. which other religion use war as a means of getting converts ( i mean evangelism in islam)? the fact tht u are fighting against ur enemies doesnt make it holy ( personal opinion, cos according to the quran fighting against ur enemy is a holy war). i am sorry, but ur religion is... cos i cant just fathom why a holy book should call a war 'holy'. compare jesus who also had enemies but didnt go to a 'holy' war against them. infact he still died in their hands but rather than call his disciples to go on a holy war against his killers prayed for them on the cross. the problem is dat u people think we dont know much about ur religion. my dear every info is online now. we all know mohammed had to go to war against pple in mecca and medina before he was able to establish his religion (i mean evangelism na) there. ehen give me another good 'story'.

You are free to believe whatever you want to believe, if you spent as much time actually educating yourself on facts rather than looking for faults in Islam you would have figured out by now that holy war is just a term used to describe those fighting for a religious cause. The Romans did it during the Crusades so stop acting like it's just known to Islam. Like I said, God is more than capable of fighting for himself. Christianity or Islam, no one should ever force another to convert. It is in the Quran, there's no compulsion in religion. Those who believe they can live the lifestyle of the prophet and those that came before him are mistaken. Gone are the days of conquerors, we live in a civilized society, people have rights. All terrorists should be destroyed regardless of religion!
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
abbey621:

Let them keep believing that crap, virgins don finish o, the few wey remain na for the elite grin grin grin On a serious note, you need to enlighten yourself. We have successful peaceful Muslims all over the world, my dad's family is a great example, what would you do when you are sick and the doctor treating you is a Muslim? Or you get a job and your boss is a Muslim? Life is all about give and take, this is what the Boko boys and other terrorists don't understand. They keep shouting they are fighting for God which is arrant nonsense! You can't fight for God, he's more than capable of fighting for himself!

well i understand there are good muslims who love peace. i have some in my family 2. my grandmum was a muslim and i remember how she used to coerce us to go to church on sundays, infact she doesnt forget to give us offering money. she was just a peaceful person thou late now. i have others too. my aunt married a muslim nd got converted. in her house they celebrate xmas and salah even thou they are muslims.i shared a room with one of her daughters, on the same bed where there is a quran i had a bible and there was no problem. but u know that some muslim families wouldnt allow dat. most times they like to entice with money by connecting u to a rich man who is ready to marry u and if one is not careful that will be all (i have such stories2). but i keep asking myself who the real muslims are because while some are so nice and on one extreme some others are just blood sucking demons. i remember being stoned by little children in their karatu (islamic school) while goin to church on sundays. their mallams dont discourage them even when they are present. so u see...u people need to stand up and speak against these demons that call themselves isis, boko etc cos they are not helping ur religion. from ur moniker i suspect u r yoruba and yoruba muslims dont have problem at all. but these hausas...hmnnn. u know the saying... one bad egg spoils the rest? how do u expect pple from other religion to feel losing loved ones to a sect who call Allah before they do their evil. u pple really need to start speaking up against them, u are not doing enough yet!
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
egobetatoday:

well i understand there are good muslims who love peace. i have some in my family 2. my grandmum was a muslim and i remember how she used to coerce us to go to church on sundays, infact she doesnt forget to give us offering money. she was just a peaceful person thou late now. i have others too. my aunt married a muslim nd got converted. in her house they celebrate xmas and salah even thou they are muslims.i shared a room with one of her daughters, on the same bed where there is a quran i had a bible and there was no problem. but u know that some muslim families wouldnt allow dat. most times they like to entice with money by connecting u to a rich man who is ready to marry u and if one is not careful that will be all (i have such stories2). but i keep asking myself who the real muslims are because while some are so nice and on one extreme some others are just blood sucking demons. i remember being stoned by little children in their karatu (islamic school) while goin to church on sundays. their mallams dont discourage them even when they are present. so u see...u people need to stand up and speak against these demons that call themselves isis, boko etc cos they are not helping ur religion. from ur moniker i suspect u r yoruba and yoruba muslims dont have problem at all. but these hausas...hmnnn. u know the saying... one bad egg spoils the rest? how do u expect pple from other religion to feel losing loved ones to a sect who call Allah before they do their evil. u pple really need to start speaking up against them, u are not doing enough yet!

Glad to hear that, so you see it's all about interpretation. The problem of Boko Haram transcends beyond religion, it is a societal and ethnically bound problem. Educate the North, alleviate poverty and most of them will choose life over death! Look at the UAE, most of the citizens are happy because even though there are lots of restrictions based on religion, their government still cares for them by recognizing their basic rights to electricity, education and good infrastructure. I hope the Nigerian government tackles the root cause of violence in the country instead of cosmetic solution. It is my wish that one day all of Nigeria will be as peaceful as the olden days, Amen!
Re: Emenike Rubbishes Story He Has Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
abbey621:

Glad to hear that, so you see it's all about interpretation. The problem of Boko Haram transcends beyond religion, it is a societal and ethnically bound problem. Educate the North, alleviate poverty and most of them will choose life over death! Look at the UAE, most of the citizens are happy because even though there are lots of restrictions based on religion, their government still cares for them by recognizing their basic rights to electricity, education and good infrastructure. I hope the Nigerian government tackles the root cause of violence in the country instead of cosmetic solution. It is my wish that one day all of Nigeria will be as peaceful as the olden days, Amen!

amen. thanks for ur time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Real Madrid Appoints Julen Lopetegui As New Head Coach / Andre Gomes Discharged From Hospital After Successful Surgery / AFCON 2022: Nigeria Vs Tunisia In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.