Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Catholics Pray Through Mary (30143 Views)

Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Why Catholics And Protestants Cant Unite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 10:01am On Apr 01, 2017
brocab:
Uben you never say anything nice about anybody, other then those who attend the Catholic Church.
Christians in their right mind would examine themselves-which of course we should too, are you a true believer in Christ or do you believe in another doctrine?
We already know the answer to this question? So its no-good getting yourself upset over nothing, everybody knows the Catholic Church has another doctrine that doesn't line up with the Word of God..
You are Catholic Uben, again the Catholic Church separates themselves away from the world and everybody that lives in it..
Guess what? that same catholic church gave u the bible you are using.

To show how well you reject the catholic church you can decide to drop the bible too.

I really pray for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Geist(m): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
brocab:
You don't have to be sorry to me-but 10 out of 12? Don't be sorry just read the scriptures, it is His Word you have chosen to reject, not my own words.
I am only sharing as I see it in front of me, if you understand it, all not, it's between you and the Lord.
We all have had our times, not understanding any differences between the 12 disciples called apostles and the many thousands of disciples that aren't apostles today.
It was important for Jesus's to have chosen the 12 apostles, these 12 were to carry out Jesus ministry after His death, they were witnesses, they seen Jesus die and raise again.
Jesus gave these 12 the gifts of raising the dead and healing the sick, and of course preaching the truth to every nation-which of course started the Church.
Judas as we know it, failed Jesus, and hanged himself on a tree, which left 11 apostles.
{1 Corinthians 15:7-9} Jesus called Paul to be the 12th apostle. {True Apostles are called by Jesus Himself.}
And it was the apostles Jesus left with the gifts of raising the dead and healing the sick, and given the authority to caste out demons, in Jesus name, not everyone who claims to know the Lord can do such miracles today.
As it's written, not even John the Baptised had raised the dead caste out demons or healed the sick, and he to had disciples, who later became Jesus's apostles.
Who raises the dead in this day and age?
The disciples today, can and will forgive anybody who ask them, the Word of God say's we are all priest-not just some, we are all anointed, not just some. And Jesus say's if we forgive, we are forgiven.
Jesus said go out unto all the world making disciples of all, baptising them in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. This gift is for all that believe.
But Mark 9:38 describes people outside the apostles casting out demons and christ himself never condemned them. Infact he said they were for him too.
I used to think you're a Catholic. Perhaps am mistaken you for someone else.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by jossypet(m): 6:40am On Apr 02, 2017
A simple question we should ask ourselves: if I wasn't taught anything at all about Christianity and I read the bible for myself, how/what will my prayer be like?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2017
Geist:
But Mark 9:38 describes people outside the apostles casting out demons and christ himself never condemned them. Infact he said they were for him too.
He is not a catholic, he is a conspiracy theorist who enjoys insulting those with differing faith.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 8:38am On Apr 08, 2017
Catholic no" a believer yes, had you notice John didn't say he raised the dead or healed the sick in your name.
The Apostles had specials gifts in Jesus name. Casting out demons in the name of Jesus isn't healing or raising the dead.
Name any healer today?
Geist:
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 8:46am On Apr 08, 2017
Well sorry it wasn't the Catholic Church that gave me the bible, matter of fact-it was William Tyndale who translated into English, the bible I had received from the Catholic Church was written in Latin, of no mans land...
The question is why doesn't the Catholic Church recognise the King James Bible? Bottom line is it is beneficial for the Catholic's to use a Catholic Bible, or the New American Bible.
Which aren't the King James, Plus the Catholic Church have there own doctrines 'that doesn't match up with the Word of God..
Ubenedictus:
Guess what? that same catholic church gave u the bible you are using.

To show how well you reject the catholic church you can decide to drop the bible too.

I really pray for you.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 9:09am On Apr 08, 2017
I love the way you say this, a differing faith, and you yourself have a differing faith...
Meaning no faith at all..
Ubenedictus:
He is not a catholic, he is a conspiracy theorist who enjoys insulting those with differing faith.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Blue86(m): 10:35am On Apr 08, 2017
If it is based on the premise of prayer
You got it all wrong.
1. The invisible personalities that can pray for us is the Lord Jesus. (He is at the right hand of the father making intercession for us) -Romans 8:34
2. The Holy Ghost-Romans 8:26 and Ephesians 6:18.Now the function of the Holy Spirit is to give you what to say, not to do the praying for you.
3. The Lord Jesus is the propitiation (to appease) for our sins and the whole world -1st John the beloved 2:2.St John even put it this way "he himself "
The visible people that can pray for you pertaining sin wise is your fellow brethren that are/is strong in the faith.
1. 1John 5:16
2.James 5:19
3. Galatians 3:1

Tankwu.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Geist(m): 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
brocab:
Catholic no" a believer yes, had you notice John didn't say he raised the dead or healed the sick in your name.
That's exactly what John said.

The Apostles had specials gifts in Jesus name. Casting out demons in the name of Jesus isn't healing or raising the dead.
Name any healer today?
Even your words didn't suggest they were different things

And it was the apostles Jesus left with the gifts of raising the dead and healing the sick, and given the authority to caste out demons, in Jesus name, not everyone who claims to know the Lord can do such miracles today.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
brocab:
I love the way you say this, a differing faith, and you yourself have a differing faith...
Meaning no faith at all..
You just proved my point.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2017
brocab:
Well sorry it wasn't the Catholic Church that gave me the bible, matter of fact-it was William Tyndale who translated into English, the bible I had received from the Catholic Church was written in Latin, of no mans land...
guess where tyndale got his bible manuscripts from
The question is why doesn't the Catholic Church recognise the King James Bible? Bottom line is it is beneficial for the Catholic's to use a Catholic Bible, or the New American Bible.
[color=#000099]Which aren't the King James, Plus the Catholic Church have there own doctrines 'that doesn't match up with the Word of God..
why will the catholic church use a bible made by an english king for anglican? the catholic english bible douy rheim was already out so why use an anglican bible with errors?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 5:39am On Apr 10, 2017
Yes and Tyndale did receive it from the Catholic Church, which then it was written in the Latin language, I see you had left out the truth about Tyndale's story-He later change Latin into English, and was murdered by the Catholic Church for stepping out in great faith.
Along with the others-who stepped out in faith..
Ubenedictus:
guess where tyndale got his bible manuscripts from
why will the catholic church use a bible made by an english king for anglican? the catholic english bible douy rheim was already out so why use an anglican bible with errors?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 5:46am On Apr 10, 2017
Most people would know, not everyone has the same gifts, maybe you didn't understand what i was referring too, the apostles had gifts back then, that no-one seems to have them now in this day and age.
Unless you can name somebody in this day and age that does miracles such as these?
Geist:
That's exactly what John said.
Even your words didn't suggest they were different things
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Geist(m): 6:04am On Apr 10, 2017
brocab:
Please can you name anybody in this day and age, that does miracles such as these?
And give proven evidence-like the bible gave its proven evidence.
Lol you must be a joker. In your post that I quoted, you claimed Christ only gave the power to perform miracles such as casting out demons, healing the sick and raising the dead to the apostles. I only refuted that claim by pointing you to a Bible passage that clearly shows that Christ approved of others outside the apostles performing these miracles in his name and you're here asking for outlandish proofs. How else can I prove that to you. How exactly did the Bible prove anything to you outside telling you and you believing it? It's the words of the Bible that disputes your claim not me. Maybe you can direct your demands to the Bible and ask it for proof cos clearly you disagree with the very Bible you are claiming you uphold.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by teegirl085: 10:44am On Apr 10, 2017
.....diaris only one way to God....n dat's tru Jesus Christ....

1 Like

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 6:59am On Apr 11, 2017
Some people-really haven't the slightest idea-You haven't finished answering the question, no-one said I am against {Mark 9:38} that is just your own interpretation, you still haven't a clue how to finish this sentence?
I asked is there anybody else, other then the apostles in this day and age, who can raise the dead, heal the sick and caste out demons, you gave me {Mark 9:38} John rebuked someone casting out demons, "John never rebuked him for healing the sick, nor raising the dead"
So this leaves the apostles left with all these miracles, So Is there anybody IN THIS DAY AND AGE-who can preform miracles such as these?
This simple answer is "NO"
Geist:
Lol you must be a joker. In your post that I quoted, you claimed Christ only gave the power to perform miracles such as casting out demons, healing the sick and raising the dead to the apostles. I only refuted that claim by pointing you to a Bible passage that clearly shows that Christ approved of others outside the apostles performing these miracles in his name and you're here asking for outlandish proofs. How else can I prove that to you. How exactly did the Bible prove anything to you outside telling you and you believing it? It's the words of the Bible that disputes your claim not me. Maybe you can direct your demands to the Bible and ask it for proof cos clearly you disagree with the very Bible you are claiming you uphold.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 11:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
brocab:
Yes and Tyndale did receive it from the Catholic Church, which then it was written in the Latin language, I see you had left out the truth about Tyndale's story-He later change Latin into English, and was murdered by the Catholic Church for stepping out in great faith.
Along with the others-who stepped out in faith..
Actually tyndale was killed under the reign of henry xiii d founder of anglicanism. so if u want to hold someone reposible hold the anglican.

Tyndale wasn't the first to translate the bible into english BEDE was, centuries b4 tyndale.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
"No" but Tyndale was one of the many millions the Catholic Church had murdered.
History actually tells us the truth, who killed Tyndale, and the rest of the crew.
If the Church didn't commit these crimes than I ask why is the Pope calling for the Churches to reunite-Sorry is his term used, and lets forget about the past and move on.
You are Catholic-and Catholic's are taught well to lie about the truth-History Uben tells us who killed these men and women, because of their own belief in the scriptures, more than the Catholic Church could believe, these men and women stood fern on the Word of God, that not even the Catholic Church could agree on.
They were murdered to keep their mouths shut away from the public, lets look at history again when the Catholic Church supported Hitler and his army, while God's own people were being slaughtered daily. Are you going to deny this too?
We know the pain the Catholic Church had laid upon us all through the centuries, we have forgiven and moved on, but we don't forget.
No one in their right mind would returns to his own vomit.
Ubenedictus:
Actually tyndale was killed under the reign of henry xiii d founder of anglicanism. so if u want to hold someone reposible hold the anglican.

Tyndale wasn't the first to translate the bible into english BEDE was, centuries b4 tyndale.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Orgahfloxzy(m): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
More grace to ur elbow my broda. Nice one#live out the catholic faith
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
brocab:
"No" but Tyndale was one of the many millions the Catholic Church had murdered.

If the Church didn't commit these crimes than I ask why is the Pope calling for the Churches to reunite-Sorry is his term used, and lets forget about the past and move on.
[color=#000099]They were murdered to keep their mouths shut away from the public, lets look at history again when the Catholic Church supported Hitler and his army, while God's own people were being slaughtered daily. Are you going to deny this too?
why do u like to speak from ignorance?
Tyndale was killed in England in the riegn of King Henry vii the founder of the anglican church. Infact he couldn't have been killed by the church because catholic priest were prohibited by canon law from pronouncing and executing death sentence. So ask d english people abt tyndale. D church didn support hitler, that is a myth. The opposite was the case.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by GoodMuyis(m): 12:05am On Apr 19, 2017
Jusmudi:

Bros Mary played a key role in Jesus ministry, especially her profound humility, her perfect obedience, her angelical sweetness, her continual prayer, her universal mortification, her altogether spotless purity, her heroic patience, her heavenly wisdom, her self sacrificing courageous love of God nd above all her faith, that virtue which has in her alone been found in its utmost extent nd never equalled. Bros No one in this world can ever play the role dat woman played. She deserve an honour 4rm u

Mary did not play any Role, she found favour before God, Just like Racab and Ruth.
Almighty God could have chosen any other descendant of David

Jesus Corrected the woman who tried to Glorify Mary in Luke 11

27. And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

28. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 6:44am On Apr 20, 2017
You had always claimed this or that, but you can't prove they are myths.
You can't prove nothing about Hitler, but History can, Uben lets look into the past and the future, the Catholic's are doing what they do best, they didn't support the Jews, nor anybody that doesn't follow after Catholicism "Why? One Church ring a bell? The Church are calling now in the future, like they called out in the past-The Catholic's believe they are the true Church, and there's no other.
The Jews were not supported by the Vatican through the Holocaust-Why? The Jews belong to God, God's Church is not of this world. And the Catholic Church is.
It's the same old story today, the Pope's calling all protestants to reunite, the Word Faith Movement-these prosperity Preachers-unbelievers had reunited.
History always repeats itself, this video really takes the truth far beyond, look what had happened from the past into the future, these poor victims who didn't reunite, the innocent's were murdered, and this reputation will happened again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWru1tTjIPk
Ubenedictus:
why do u like to speak from ignorance?
Tyndale was killed in England in the riegn of King Henry vii the founder of the anglican church. Infact he couldn't have been killed by the church because catholic priest were prohibited by canon law from pronouncing and executing death sentence. So ask d english people abt tyndale. D church didn support hitler, that is a myth. The opposite was the case.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 10:19am On Apr 20, 2017
brocab:
You had always claimed this or that, but you can't prove they are myths.
You can't prove nothing about Hitler, but History can, Uben lets look into the past and the future, the Catholic's are doing what they do best, they didn't support the Jews, nor anybody that doesn't follow after Catholicism "Why? One Church ring a bell? The Church are calling now in the future, like they called out in the past-The Catholic's believe they are the true Church, and there's no other.
The Jews were not supported by the Vatican through the Holocaust-Why? The Jews belong to God, God's Church is not of this world. And the Catholic Church is.
stop speaking from ignorance, thousands of jews were saved frm hitler by the catholic church and hid in churches, rectories, monastries and covents. it was priests who gave the fake i.d so that hitler wont get them.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of_Jews_by_Catholics_during_the_Holocaust
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 10:30am On Apr 20, 2017
Ubenedictus:
stop speaking from ignorance, thousands of jews were saved frm hitler by the catholic church and hid in churches, rectories, monastries and covents. it was priests who gave the fake i.d so that hitler wont get them.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of_Jews_by_Catholics_during_the_Holocaust
That is the wikipedia page on it.

Even the jews thank and respect catholics for it, the catholic church saved the greatest number of jews, infact even d residence of the pope hid abt 500 jews.
shoebat.com/2014/05/24/roman-catholic-church-saved-jews-anyone-earth/
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
Wikipedia also tells us Hitler was a Catholic, and raised a Catholic, of course, it was said the Catholic Church also helped Hitler and his army to escape WW2, one would think which side was the Catholic Church on? listen we know we have the good and the bad's, and we could argue this one out as long as it takes. History deny's the Catholic Church-and History say's otherwise.
But here's a good argument you may, be able, to answer-As strange as it sounds you say it was the priest who gave fake I/D's so Hitler wont get them, does this mean the Priest were lying to the enemy to save souls.
Jesus said {Matthew 10:19-20} But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say, or how to say it, at that time you will be given what to say. For it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through You.
So does this prove the priest didn't work with the Spirit of God-while the Jews were being slaughtered, one would think the priest would be praying to God-praying for wisdom, Knowledge-and of course discernment, do you believe the Catholic Church would allow God to lie?
Ubenedictus:
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
brocab:
Wikipedia also tells us Hitler was a Catholic, and raised a Catholic, of course, it was said the Catholic Church also helped Hitler and his army to escape WW2, one would think which side was the Catholic Church on? listen we know we have the good and the bad's, and we could argue this one out as long as it takes. History deny's the Catholic Church-and History say's otherwise.
But here's a good argument you may, be able, to answer-As strange as it sounds you say it was the priest who gave fake I/D's so Hitler wont get them, does this mean the Priest were lying to the enemy to save souls.
Jesus said {Matthew 10:19-20}
you can say whatever you like, but history is clear no institution on earth saved as much jews as catholics! No goverment or protestant church or organisation did more than catholic to save jews.

Do u even know who inspired hitler to kill jews? The books he read? It was ur protestant founder, Martin Luther.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2017
I can say as much as I like, but the point is, the Catholic Church lied against God to help save a few Jews.
Not only the Catholic's saved the Jews, if counting, but Holocaust rescuers came from different parts of the world-and Poland alone also had a big part in rescuing the Jews around the Holocaust, around the 100,000 to 150,000 and more.
How many did you say the Catholic Church rescued?
Ubenedictus:
you can say whatever you like, but history is clear no institution on earth saved as much jews as catholics! No goverment or protestant church or organisation did more than catholic to save jews.

Do u even know who inspired hitler to kill jews? The books he read? It was ur protestant founder, Martin Luther.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 7:38pm On Apr 21, 2017
brocab:
I can say as much as I like, but the point is, the Catholic Church lied against God to help save a few Jews.
Not only the Catholic's saved the Jews, if counting, but Holocaust rescuers came from different parts of the world-and Poland alone also had a big part in rescuing the Jews around the Holocaust, around the 100,000 to 150,000 and more.
How many did you say the Catholic Church rescued?
Oya name d institution that rescued more jews than catholics, i hope u'll name ur church.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 12:27am On Apr 23, 2017
The Church I follow isn't made of Brick and mortar, my Church isn't from this world. "Now lets add up the figures who saved more Jews than the Catholic Church? "You guessed it" The Lord never ends, He saved the world and still counting, This isn't a competitions, haven't you not heard-one person at a time will be saved.
Hitler was a Catholic-along with many of his comrades, so of course Hitler had a lot of respect for the Vatican Pope, visa versa.
Here is a little history for you, I was part of the Australian stolen Generation-and every child involved, were forced to be Catholic's, a religion none of us understood nor wanted, without choices we had to follow after the Churches structure, as frightened Children we were force to obey, No religion, no freedom, but our freedom was limited it wasn't what we expected, the new religion open up a door into adoption, I was lucky my Mama, stole me back, and she ran where no religious authority could go walkabout.
The Catholic Church had all the support from the Governments authority they needed, the Catholic Church had changed my I/D 'my birth place, they were ready to give me a new life into the unknowing.
The Catholic's aimed for younger Children around 6 below, I was in that age group-we were easy to brainwash.
The older Children were forced to work, or put in other sections.
I praise the Lord for protecting my Mama and myself.
Ubenedictus:
Oya name d institution that rescued more jews than catholics, i hope u'll name ur church.

1 Like

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by doyinbaby(f): 12:49am On Apr 23, 2017
You can never win a Catholic in argument.....just let them be be
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 12:53am On Apr 23, 2017
I am not trying to win, I am only doing what I know how to do best, is tell the truth.
doyinbaby:
You can never win a Catholic in argument.....just let them be be
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by doyinbaby(f): 1:05am On Apr 23, 2017
I don't believe some doctrines of the catholic church,,,,.But I find out that it is so difficult to convince a catholic.....you just have to let them be...
I will never support anything that can not be found from genesis to revelation

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Which Gospel Music Moves You So Much? / Pastor Adeboye: Naira Will Be Powerful Again / Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.