Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) (6817 Views)

Earth Is A Baby / Flash Fiction: The Invasion. / Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
A thousand year old prophesy !
Hooded men with strange marks on their foreheads !
Bizarre events!
The lefts arrival!
A teenage alpha will lead the pack!

The Earth's Invasion, thriller fiction like never before!

Brought to you from the producer of CURSED and DEBT FROM HOME, Emperorfidel.

Premiers : 07-07-2015.
Time : 1600 hour.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
My sincere apologies goes to all who got their ticket and was denied access to Earth' s Invasion, was not a deliberate act. The producer Emperorfidel had to pay a condolence visit to a bereaved family in Zaria today.

Earth' s Invasion comes your way tomorrow 0900 hours.

May good souls of the dead RIP.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 9:41am On Jul 08, 2015
Earth' s Invasion.
episode 1: The Messenger.

The assembly was over. The students marched to thier classes as the school band played them a beat.

All the blocks were fairly quiet, except the Pavilion block that housed the three grade 12 classes. The grade 12 set had a reputation for sheer recalcitrancy and an uncanny affinity for noise making, this could owe to the fact that they were finalists, hence the unfound thinking to be above the law. Virtually every misconduct in All Hallows Academy could be traced back to back to the Pavilion boys, such was the height of their notoriety.

Only one student stood out from the crowd. He was a quiet, dull boy who never got his grades right. He is James Elderson. Dumb John as he was called by his ever mocking classmate rarely said a word in class, not to anybody. This was to change.

" Look! look! " it was Aisha Kadijat, the class parrot. She was pointing out of the window towards the sky, she looked frightened.
" It's getting dark, the sky is getting darker " she spoke in a shrill voice.

The school suddenly became noisy, some students who were still outside scambled inside for safety. There came the pronounced cries from the junior section blocks, the school was in pandemonium.

The lights came on just before darkness enveloped the earth, the cries reduced but Aisha never kept mute. She looked to be in frenzy and continued with her " darkness! darkness! "

Twenty minutes passed by and lighter clouds came back, the darkness vanished and the students breathed a sigh of relief. Aisha was the first to scream " thank Allah "on top of her voice. She seemed to have a problem with keeping her mouth shut.

Mrs Willice, the geography teacher walked smartly into the class. She was never absent nor late to class, a side that the class bad-eggs found very annoying. Her good looks made up for her boring mode of teaching. She dropped her lesson note on the table, smiled at the student and asked ifthey had the slightest idea of what had just happened. Then, the unexpected happened.

John stood up, no one had asked him to, no one would, but he stood. The class suddenly became as quiet as a grave yard, they stared at John as if he was an apparition.

" Tell me, I am dreaming, " a surprised Aisha said loudly, they didnt hear here, John had captured their attention.

He explained the science of eclipse, he expatiated the types of eclipse and didnt stop there. He spoke intelligently for ten minutes. As he spoke, he seemed to have an unusual air of confidence, his shoulder was held high and he never stuttered until he finished.

The teacher was the first to accept the miracle, she told John to take his sit and asked the class to applaud him, some did and others were too surprised to have heard her. John didnt care.

Thirty minutes later, she left the class and the students got busy with little gossips about John's new found brilliance. John sat at a corner of the class with a pencil in hand, sketching something into a notepad. Heads peered in his direction, mesmerized students trying to wrap thier head around the enigma that was John. Even Aisha was now oddly quiet.

Only one girl had never made silly remark about John. Zainab had always been fond of John, even in his days of complete dumbness and now she had more reasons to believe in him.

Someone tapped him on the shoulder and he looked up, it was fat Sam the bully, the fat boy who had the habit of picking on John. He looked Sam over, sighed and continued with his drawing and then Sam made a mistake.

It wouldn't have been a mistake on a normal day but today was not a normal day, at least not with John.

Sam lashed out a fat palm to slap John in the face. John had obviously seen that coming and for the first time, he defended himself. He parried the hand, allowing fat Sam to loose his balance before connecting him with a devastating punch at his mid-ribs. Sammy cried out sharply but his cry was shortlived as something that felt like a bag of cement hit him on his fleshy jaw. His knees buckled under him and he flatted on the ground. The last thing on his mind before he collapsed was " when did John become this strong? "

The students watched amazed, no one did a thing, no one said a thing. They just watched petrified. Unbelievable!

John picked up his bag, stepped on the unconscious Sam and made for the exit. He noted that the students cleared to the sides to allow him pass instead of suffocating him as they always did in the past.

Zainab walked to the corner where John had sat, she stepped over the limp body of Sam, he deserved what he got. She picked up John's notepad and stiffened.

On the pad was a strange drawing, a half hooded face with an inverted triangle on his forehead, below the drawing was an inscription Winners Take Earth!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Promising!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
thronekid:
Promising!
thanks bro
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Galaxdiva(f): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
Woww ... Breath taking...Seems like dis is gonna be one hell of a thriller.... Continue!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
Galaxdiva:
Woww ... Breath taking...Seems like dis is gonna be one hell of a thriller.... Continue!

Sure it is! you sure gonnna enjoy the ride....
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
Popcorn man, where you dey?!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:
Popcorn man, where you dey?!
Naijasingle, I see you bro!
Get him a chilled coke.... dont worry I will pay. just enjoy your time.

1 Like

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Chyluv1000(f): 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
wow this is promising to be outstanding and I believe it will......

Oga pls no dulling wit updates oooo... tanx sha...
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Chyluv1000(f): 9:14pm On Jul 09, 2015

Oga pls no dulling wit updates oooo... tanx sha...
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
Chyluv1000:

Oga pls no dulling wit updates oooo...
tanx sha...

Am so sorry I couldn't update today, had a busy evening. Moro is friday, ain't doing nothing but to update and update. ..

how was your day Chy
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Chyluv1000(f): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2015
emperorfidel:

Am so sorry I couldn't update today, had a busy evening. Moro is friday, ain't doing nothing but to update and update. ..

how was your day Chy

itz was awesome..... tank u so much...

1 Like

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 1:20am On Jul 11, 2015
emperorfidel:

how was your day Chy

We need update! Anticipating...
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by rockhillz(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
Fidel my namesake.....come and continue d Good work.....BT that was JOHN'S notepad not SAM'S...

#Thumbs up
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
rockhillz:
Fidel my namesake.....come and continue d Good work.....BT that was JOHN'S notepad not SAM'S...

#Thumbs up

You are damn right, it's John's.
This Fidel your eye sharp like fish ooo.

In two hours am gonna drop an update, thanks for the correction, modifying it now.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Honestly, Fidel, you are incurring my ire. I really enjoy stories this genre. Why have you been postponing update?
I loathe it!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
thronekid:
Honestly, Fidel, you are incurring my ire. I really enjoy stories this genre. Why have you been postponing update?
I loathe it!

Now I don enter better wahala ... Throne no too vex for me abeg. Never intentional to delay update postings . I have written the story up to eoisode6, will do that shortly.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2015
Wishing Chyluv1000, thronekid, Galaxdiva, naijasingleboy and my namesake a verry happy sunday.

Earth's Invasion.
Episode 2 : The first signs.

Twenty four hours since Sam' s unexpected beating and the school was ablaze with news of John's strange bravery and brilliance. John had suddenly become a household name on the lip of every student.

The girls gathered in the school's music room and chatted out thier hearts saying what a hero John was. The rumours were endless- a girl heartily said she had known all along that John was a brilliant folk, she even boasted to have solved arithmetic with him, according to her, his mathematical dexterity had marveled her and she wondered why he couldnt replicate such in class. Another hinted she was already in love with the new champion but was immediately rebuked by an angry looking rival. She made her logic that John had asked her out and she was yet to give him an answer. A heated arguement ensued and they would have engaged in a fight had Aisha not intervened. She pushed one away from the other.
"This John is not worth your fight! " She yelled at them. Her voice was a high pitch and it forced some of the onlookers to protect thier ears with thier hands.

Aisha was the only girl who had a different perspective from the crowd. She was a skinny, dark Hausa girl , whose gossiping expertise preceded her. Her face could have been prettier without the wide lips, lips widened by years of professional gossiping. She had an uncanny gift of talking nonstop, a feat that had earned her the name 'parrot.'

The students in her class dreaded to pick a quarrel with her, she would surely win even before the quarrel had start. Her command of the english language was something to applaud, near impeccable. Maybe, that could explain why she thrived in her rare trade of talking.

Aisha told the girls that something weird was going on with John. She shared her dream of last night to those who cared to listen. She had seen John lead a group of weird-looking men to some strange hall. She reiterated that the group had an extraordinary aura around them.

The girls were not convinced. They saw it as one of her many meaningless rants and even waved her off saying she could be suffering from an infection of Falciparum plasmodium. Only one girl believed her.

Zainab had reasons to believe her, reasons only she and a solitary page in a notepad knew. She called the skinny parrot to one corner of the room and encouraged her to spill more. Aisha never declined an opportunity to showcase her talent and she was overjoyed that someone amongst this ignorant crowd had shown interest. She gladly told her more.

She said "the hooded men were looking so weird, nothing like people I have ever seen. I think they had this triangle inverted on thier foreheads." Zainab nearly lost her breath when she heard this.

Hooded men with inverted triangle on thier foreheads, was this a coincidence? She had seen such description on John's notepad yesterday. Brilliantly, she feigned nonchalance, an intentional move to cloud her shock. She made a rather dry joke of Aisha being as good as the biblical Joseph the dreamer. She left her rooted to the spot, She must talk to John.

Whatever was going on, she was going to hear it firsthand from John. Zainab was so lost in her own thought that she failed to see the banana peel lying just in front of her. She slipped and her feet rose inches in the air and just when she would have crashed against the hard tiled floor, a hand caught her and lifted her back to her feet.

Incredulously she looked up to know who her eleventh hour saviour was and then she froze. Standing a few feet above her was John.
" How ? " She stuttered, "I didn't see you anywhere ....." John coolly cut her short.
"Is that how to say thanks? "
With a pang of guilt, she mumbled "am sorry, I should have said thank you. I am so grateful...." She would have continued had John not put his index finger across her lips, signalling her to say no more. Holding her hand, he led her to the library.

They sat down without saying a word to each other, John brought out a drawing book and started drawing rapidly. Zainab watched her, not knowing what to say. Then she saw it. John was writing his left hand, something that was obviously unusual. She had known John, he had never been left-handed, why the sudden switch in handedness ?

Zainab found her voice and asked " Johnny can you please....." she didn't finishbthe question, John was already speaking.
" You want to know the meaning of what you saw in my notepad. You want to make meaning of the Parrot's dream"

She wasn't listening. How did John know she had seen the drawing? How on earth did he find out about her little chat with Aisha? She was certain John had been nowhere near the music room at the time. She was still thinking when a shrill shout cut through the air, it had come from outside.

Zainab rushed outside and after few minutes dashed back into the library, breathless. John was still busy drawing, without looking at the shaking Zainab, he asked "What was the shout? "
"Aisha the parrot has gone dumb! "She said in a trembling voice.

John didn't talk nor looked perturbed. Surprised, she moved closer to his ear,"I said she cannot talk again! The girl I chatted with few minutes ago has gone completely dumb...." She stopped abruptly and her heart raced speedily when she saw what John had been drawing. A cold chill ran up her spineand the hairs at the back of her neck stood.

In the paper was a portrait, Aisha's portrait. She couldn't have missed it, it was a clear copy of her face. An X had been marked against the lips.

1 Like

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by missuniverse(f): 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
what spirit has possessed him?
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by osklaroz(m): 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
Killer-thriller...a big time follower. I hope it doesnt take too long before lalasticlala take this work upfront. *smirks*
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bro, I just love stories like this.
You are very talented. It's analogous to Royver's 'The day the world ended'. Yours is balanced more towards the Sci-fi genre though.
Yearning fervently for the next update!

Sir Royver and Ministerblessed, you would find this interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
missuniverse:
what spirit has possessed him?
You will find out soon enough, miss.
Anything for me for the sunday?
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
thronekid:
Bro, I just love stories like this.
You are very talented. It's analogous to Royver's 'The day the world ended'. Yours is balanced more towards the Sci-fi genre though.
Yearning fervently for the next update!

Sir Royver and Ministerblessed, you would find this interesting.

Thanks bro, I am glad you enjoyed the update. sit tight for the next update.

How is d day going?
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
You mean + lipsrsealed+ <<<<---- this happened? grin
Serves her right.

Nice story though. You're inspiring me. wink
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
osklaroz:
Killer-thriller...a big time follower. I hope it doesnt take too long before lalasticlala take this work upfront. *smirks*

Osklaroz thanks for dropping by. Am gonna drop next update fast cos of you..

Am glad you read .
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by missuniverse(f): 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
emperorfidel:

You will find out soon enough, miss.
Anything for me for the sunday?
sure
u ll hear of it afta d nxt update

1 Like

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
You mean + lipsrsealed+ <<<<---- this happened? grin
Serves her right.

Nice story though. You're inspiring me. wink

Aisha don too talk, could her mysterious dumbness be an end to her talking career? Or could thier be more to it that we dont know?

Teempakguy, it's nice to have you here. Iam glad I inspired you, I know you will do better than me someday.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
Chai! My crush is dumb! I warned her oo grin

Nice one emperorfidel , *chewing popcorn, wears 3D glasses he bought today.* ride on!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:
Chai! My crush is dumb! I warned her oo grin

Nice one emperorfidel , *chewing popcorn, wears 3D glasses he bought today.* ride on!

Thanks bro.

you are realy having a swell time.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by dekunlelaja: 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
thrilling, well plotted, great perspective, skillful narrations. keep it up. but don't make us thirst for too long bro. cheers.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
dekunlelaja:
thrilling, well plotted, great perspective, skillful narrations. keep it up.
but don't make us thirst for too long bro. cheers.

Am elated you bestowed all those credits to me oga dekunlelaja. I wont keep you waiting too long.

Drop by tomorrow and entertain yourself, I assure you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Wish I Were A Lady / Before Her Very Eyes / Nnenne’s Last Valentine: Short Story By Oluoma Udemezue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.