Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,711 members, 7,802,157 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ (57210 Views)

My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Moana(f): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
this was so funny
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Afam4eva(m): 7:49am On Jul 27, 2015
saxywale:

The funny thing is that the transport system in Canada is not even half as advanced as the ones in western Europe. If you throw a Canadian in UK or Germany, he would act just like the OP when using the transit system for a couple of days.
So, it doesn't mean one is bush. It just means that one is not used to that kind of life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 27, 2015
Moana:
this was so funny

If l hear, America will know tongue

1 Like

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
Afam4eva:

So, it doesn't mean one is bush. It just means that one is not used to that kind of life.
Correct.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Afam4eva(m): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
saxywale:

Correct.
I'll like to know why the US and Canada transport system is not advances as those in western Europe. Is it due to the size of these countries?

3 Likes

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 31, 2015
Afam4eva:

I'll like to know why the US and Canada transport system is not advances as those in western Europe. Is it due to the size of these countries?
Yeah. North America is huge. If they have traffic problems, they just add extra lanes or build new roads.

In Europe, most of the countries are small so they invest more in intelligent transport systems, hence their transport systems are highly developed.

Also, north american cities are scattered so they don't even bother to build bullet trains, they instead build airports for air travel to connect cities.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Acquilla: 3:23am On Aug 15, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lalasticlala

ishilove
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by ahmedbanj(m): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2015
Hahaha,i don laf taya..
unlike 9ja,wey u go don shout 'conductor owa oo' wen U abt reachin ur bus-stop..
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by sultaan(m): 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
Now your eye don open to the possibilities and how far humans have gone with development compared to our 'great Nigeria'

6 Likes

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by sholay2011(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2015
Lol
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
saxywale:

Yeah. North America is huge. If they have traffic problems, they just add extra lanes or build new roads.

In Europe, most of the countries are small so they invest more in intelligent transport systems, hence their transport systems are highly developed.

Also, north american cities are scattered so they don't even bother to build bullet trains, they instead build airports for air travel to connect cities.

Interesting.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
madridfc:

Interesting.
yes. I never really understood how highly developed technology was in Western Europe till I moved to Canada.

UK To Test Wireless Charging For Electric Cars
"New technology is being tested by Highways England that could allow electric car owners to charge as they drive.
The trials are the first of their kind and will test how the technology would work on the country's motorways and major "A" roads, allowing drivers of ultra-low emission vehicles to travel long distances without needing to stop and charge the car's battery."

news.sky.com/story/1534209/uk-to-test-wireless-charging-for-electric-cars

I don't see the above happening in North America in the next 5-7 years.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
^^^ Cool stuff!
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by seyilapy(m): 2:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
LooooòooooooooooL..........been laughing since. Good and thanks for sharing this will help us the incoming JJC's. God help us all.

Jengbetiele:

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by sthugo: 8:47am On Aug 28, 2015
Lol
grin grin grin

Obviously the difference between naija and abroad,like developed countries is like 200hundred years or more...

You must be sharp and fast to understanding to be able to adjust fast if not na jonce you go de jonce

Cos everystuff there is well planned and organised.

You were even lucky you went to english speaking country,you for turn deaf and dumb by force

Lol

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Okikiade(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2015
Born, bred omo Ojo Pasekere mo de! Happy for you, may God use you as a point of breakthrough for us!

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
LoL. op got my ribs cracking.
Na dat calculation me sef deyvdo b4.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by kkokoma: 9:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
Just like when I first got to school in Norway long time ago, it was late autumn and already very cold, I slept in a cold room for two days before I figured out how to operate the room heater.

I did not bath for the first three days until a guy from the next room showed me how to operate the hot/cold water fixture. Really a shame that our pride will prevent us from asking for help, I will probably still be too embarrassed to ask for help even now.

And the one about the cab drivers? on my first day in Oslo the cab driver took me round a particular square three times until I told him I did not have any money, the scholarship board had directed me to take a cab from the Airport to their office. He stopped the cab, asked for the address again and sped off directly to the place

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
kkokoma:
Just like when I first got to school in Norway long time ago, it was late autumn and already very cold, I slept in a cold room for two days before I figured out how to operate the room heater.

I did not bath for the first three days until a guy from the next room showed me how to operate the hot/cold water fixture. Really a shame that our pride will prevent us from asking for help, I will probably still be too embarrassed to ask for help even now.

And the one about the cab drivers? on my first day in Oslo the cab driver took me round a particular square three times until I told him I did not have any money, the scholarship board had directed me to take a cab from the Airport to their office. He stopped the cab, asked for the address again and sped off directly to the place

grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Jengbetiele: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
kkokoma:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by king406(m): 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
This was since July na angry
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by d25(m): 11:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
A post from July 2007 making front page in December 2015, moderator must be high on Colorado weed.

3 Likes

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Bollinger(m): 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
I remember my first week in chicago. I was in a bus and i dozed off. The normal way to disembark at your stop is to watch out for the name on a flashing dashboard by the driver and then pull on a chord in the center of the bus located overhead. Somehow i woke up just before my bus stop and panicked. I started screaming "owa". . ."owa" and everyone was looking at me like i was nuts. There was one chick sitting in the back of the bus laughing like crazy. That's how i knew she was Nigerian. She motioned to me to pull the chord. God i was so embarrassed. It's funny now. It wasn't funny then.

76 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by gurunlocker: 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
oh boy I finish reading this story sha..... really interesting
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Kreamie(m): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....E say MANGER! Jesu Kristi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by galadima77(m): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
After seeing so much traffic, i felt it's only normal to read the post!

Lo and behold! Cant remember the last time i read such a dry story, na wa! And ppl are even laughing to this.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Idrismusty97(m): 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
Summary please or at least bold the parts where the funny experience happened. Why should i read that long epistle when i am not preparing for an exam?

1 Like

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by preciousMI1(f): 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
nice one
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by obims(f): 11:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy very interesting story
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Tobilastik(m): 11:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
Really really funny.. God help us in naija
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by drberry(m): 11:29pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hahahahahaha grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Heard About The Alien Stone Found In Sierra Leone, West Africa? / An Overview Of The 10 Lane Oshodi-Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Pics / AIDAnova: World's 5th Largest Cruise Ship. Costs ₦398b, Holds 6600 Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.