Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group (1240 Views)

Boko Haram Terrorist 'Pepper' Arrested By Soldiers. Photos / Foreign Boko Haram Terrorist Captured, 15 Killed / Timeline: Deadly Boko haram Attack In 36 Days (image) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by Berrymoss(f): 6:21am On Jul 07, 2015
BH thrives because Nigerians aligns with them, directly or indirectly we did. This can be better understood if considered in retrospect, just a quick look at the past.

To Christians, it was a perfect tool to tarnish Islam as a religion of blood sucking vampires

To Muslims, it was Jihad at launch, no skin pain about the slaughter of acclaimed non-believers who of cause were their first targets
To Northerners, BH by default executed the task of making the country ungovernable as a form of retribution for their stolen mandate. They were perceived as the militant wing of the North. With distress I remember how media houses were even rebuked for branding BH terrorists. Daily Trust in particular was at the forefront in the campaign to debunk BH as terrorists, how sad.

To Southerners, the North can carry on killing their kit and kin as long as they remain in their enclaves

To the military high command it was just the perfect opportunity to build sky scrapers

To opposition parties, mainly the APC it was the perfect campaign tool to ridicule the govt in power and so they enjoyed the carnage

To the govt in power BH was used to induce pity and point accusing fingers, so they wailed and waited

And 6years down the line our arguments, conversations and thoughts still tilts towards similar trend.
Dare to gaze deeply into the future, i did and i see the masterminds of BH use them as a tool to negotiate our core values away, the very essence of our existence as Africans. That's what troubles my mind. May God save us from the monsters we made to flourish

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by Berrymoss(f): 6:21am On Jul 07, 2015
Berrymoss
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by 9niceguy(m): 6:21am On Jul 07, 2015
I no understand you o. Come tell me for borno
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by seedgreen(m): 6:23am On Jul 07, 2015
Following
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by plainol(m): 6:24am On Jul 07, 2015
To me, we all are guilty of Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by 9niceguy(m): 6:25am On Jul 07, 2015
plainol:
You and who?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:27am On Jul 07, 2015
undecided
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by eph12(m): 6:27am On Jul 07, 2015
Forget what the people or parties think. It's no excuse for the government if they can't guarantee the security of the people that put them in power. For every life lost the government should be held accountable.
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 07, 2015
Hmmm May GOD save us from these monsters.
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:28am On Jul 07, 2015
plainol:

sorry oo but you get sense so?undecided you and who dey guilty of Boko Haram??undecided
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by plainol(m): 6:28am On Jul 07, 2015
Let no one come here and form INNOCENT.
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:31am On Jul 07, 2015
eph12:
Forget what the people or parties think. It's no excuse for the government if they can't guarantee the security of the people that put them in power. For every life lost the government should be held accountable.

Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by DaBullIT(m): 6:31am On Jul 07, 2015
OP is making sense

I mean these people are humans, they live in houses, have families and all

Blind loyalty is not loyalty

Sometimes snitching could save hundreds of lives ,

But african mentality and no snitching code is doing more damage than good

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by boboLIL(m): 6:37am On Jul 07, 2015
I was here....
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by Berrymoss(f): 6:40am On Jul 07, 2015
9niceguy:
I no understand you o. Come tell me for borno
. Meet me for tashan Bama or London ciki
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by ShakurM(m): 6:41am On Jul 07, 2015
9niceguy:

You and who?
I dey ur back!
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by Maxymilliano(m): 6:52am On Jul 07, 2015
Good points by the Op no doubt but you failed to include the Nigeria media in the vicious circle.

Boko haram enjoys unlimited and unfettered coverage from the media at no cost. The act of propaganda as a tool of war is being fully utilized by the dreaded group.

Foreign media outlet like AFP is always quick to broadcast Shekau's video, while local media are ready to sensationalize his speech and make it a front page topic.

Sadly, we are all unwilling accomplice in the sordid boko haram imbroglio ...

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by omowolewa: 7:02am On Jul 07, 2015
Your list is incomplete if you don't include the victims of the insugents. They have their own defination of BH too.

They see the terror, they defines it better.

Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by 9niceguy(m): 7:07am On Jul 07, 2015
Berrymoss:
. Meet me for tashan Bama or London ciki
Life is good here, baby come over
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by sinizia: 7:24am On Jul 07, 2015
When GEJ and Ihejirika were ready to wipe out these virgin-seeking bàstards, Dùllardinho and the northern elites cried foul and said "an attack on Boko Haram is an attack against the north." So they should enjoy their creations. You created a beast, it'll consume you.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by sinizia: 7:25am On Jul 07, 2015
plainol:

I resemble you? Who are the "we"?
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by Berrymoss(f): 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
sinizia:

I resemble you? Who are the "we"?
tongue
Re: My Opinion About The Deadly Boko Haram Terrorist Group by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
Berrymoss:
tongue
Kai.. You would make a fine-ass stripper. kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bayo Badmus A Die Hard Buhari Supporter Wrote "I Weep For My Fatherland!" / How Governors Turn Govt Houses To Sex Havens / Police Arrest 10 Robbers, Raping Ogun Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.