Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine (18564 Views)

NAFDAC Bursts Counterfeit Moet, Chandon Wine, St. Remy Brandy, Others / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC / NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by Omooba77: 7:15am On Jul 07, 2015
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), on Monday, sealed a popular Lagos mall for stocking, selling and distributing counterfeit wines and spirits.

The regulatory officers of the agency from its Investigation and Enforcement Directorate stormed the three branches of the mall in Ajah, Gbagada and Magodo-Isheri areas of the state in a simultaneous and coordinated operation in company of security men and journalists.

The team leader of the Magodo-Isheri operation, Mr Andy Tamanuwa, a chief regulatory officer, confirmed the sealing of the outfit, maintaining that the exercise was a routine one aimed at ensuring that products sold to consumers conformed to the approved regulatory standards.

Tamanuwa said the seized items were mainly popular brands and expensive imported alcoholic beverages. According to him, “There were complaints received about the sale of cloned wines and spirits against the company and which were discovered to be true when we got here to inspect the place. We found the products and accordingly seized them. They will be evacuated from the outlet for further investigations.”

The chief regulatory officer further revealed that “the exercise was extended to the Gbagada and Ajah outlets of the mall and they were equally sealed following same discoveries.”
NAFDAC has in the recent weeks intensified enforcement activities across the country leading to mop-up of fake products in circulation and sanctioning of erring companies and outlets.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/nafdac-closes-lagos-mall

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 07, 2015
Catch all these death carriers and sentence them for life abeg.

6 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by INTROVERT(f): 7:17am On Jul 07, 2015
Interesting
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by bewla(m): 7:27am On Jul 07, 2015
Think they on leave
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by lionduke(m): 7:30am On Jul 07, 2015
Nothing is hidden beneath the sun, The truth must always come to surface.

NB: I thought its only aba that sells counterfeit products

3 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by sweatlana: 7:31am On Jul 07, 2015
Hmm na wa
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by boboLIL(m): 7:31am On Jul 07, 2015
0k na
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by benedictjohn(m): 7:31am On Jul 07, 2015
Morning Nairalanders, I booked dis space to Pray for u guys. Oya close eyes! I pray God is gonna Make today a fruitful day for all of u reading dis. I pray God is Gonna Grace ur lives with a Better Job! I pray God Grants u ur heart desires from today henceforth. Amen! sey Na Pastor I go finally turn to??

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by Miracle4Sure: 7:32am On Jul 07, 2015
Good.....
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 07, 2015
lionduke:
kk

King's Kid?

Nigeria needs to get rid of fakes. And we need to invest in genuine industries....so that fakes will have no chance of survivng.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by otijah(m): 7:33am On Jul 07, 2015
Ok
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by youngwarlocks: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2015
Bad news every morning.....hayam tayad hof dhis coun3ry.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by danchuzzy(m): 7:33am On Jul 07, 2015
Ngwanu

By the ways, i think NAFDAC and NDLEA shoukd be merged into one.

Same with EFCC and ICPC...

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2015
boboLIL:
0k na
sweatlana:
Miracle4Sure:
Good.....
benedictjohn:
E
otijah:
Ok
youngwarlocks:
ok
danchuzzy:
Ngwanu

Future leaders.

Above are members of the Space Bookers Familia. They are off to the caves....to get some monsters and to earn lots of diamonds...which they can exchange for gold. Oh...and they have a meeting today at Mamma Mia's restaurant. I don't know who their god is....rumor has it that it may be....

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2015
the mall no get name

6 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by tolustx(m): 7:34am On Jul 07, 2015
Hmmm...So dr is sometin like counterfeit wine

I just hope it is not dat a particular politician has such an outlet and d owner of dis particular mall is in strong competition wit d politician so d politician decides to show him supremacy.
Anything fit happen for naija.

3 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by ketekete: 7:34am On Jul 07, 2015
Interesting
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 07, 2015
Haba,people cutting corners to make gain..

Imagine a mall too involved in such dirty deal.

By the way,what's the name of the mall?

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by justi4jesu(f): 7:34am On Jul 07, 2015
Good job....
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by MsTIQ(m): 7:34am On Jul 07, 2015
Great Job, it's been long We've heard from them; Apart from closing the mall, these people should be arrested and prosecuted, corruption everywhere; even to the lowest level of society, May God help Us all
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by ingenico(m): 7:34am On Jul 07, 2015
Kudos to NAFDAC
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by Pavore9: 7:35am On Jul 07, 2015
Merchants of death. angry
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by Anikulhapo(m): 7:35am On Jul 07, 2015
I Can't Remember The Last Time I Heard The Name NAFDAC

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by fajigirl(f): 7:35am On Jul 07, 2015
Hmmmm too much lack of info
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by pBuhari(f): 7:36am On Jul 07, 2015
NAFDAC is corrupt, they will secretly collect money from them and reopen the mall

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by danchuzzy(m): 7:36am On Jul 07, 2015
patmaine:
the mall no get name

You no see Lagos Mall??

What other name are you looking for??
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by berlusconib2: 7:36am On Jul 07, 2015
lipsrsealed next page
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by sotall(m): 7:37am On Jul 07, 2015
ok
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by boboLIL(m): 7:37am On Jul 07, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Future leaders.

Above are members of the Space Bookers Familia. They are off to the caves....to get some monsters and to earn lots of diamonds...which they can exchange for gold. Oh...and they have a meeting today. I don't know who their god is.
. Future reader
Re: NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 07, 2015
lionduke:
kk
boboLIL:
0k na
benedictjohn:
E
otijah:
Ok
ketekete:
Interesting
lionduke:
kk
MsTIQ:
lionduke:
kk
Una need hot slap dis morning

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of A 'divorce' Cake. / 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake / Lagos Bans Use Of Motorbikes,air Cooling Vans For Meat Transportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.