Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? (1725 Views)

Elections Can Be Annulled For Security And PVC Distribution Reasons – Uwazurike / "senator" Remi Tinubu's Election Annulled By Election Tribunal. Re-run Ordered! / IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by imageman(m): 1:34am On Sep 23, 2006
I was just reading about Ibb on  June 12, he said he cancelled and not annulled the said election.This wayo man wants to play on terminology.I think,if iam not wrong that to cancelled is the same thing as to annul.What do you all think?

http://allafrica.com/stories/200609220017.html
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Ndipe(m): 2:39am On Sep 23, 2006
The man just wants publicity which the media, unfortunately are granting him.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Odeku(m): 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2006
One of his dribbling tactics again, what an idiot, cancelled and not annulled, just shows he is a literary northerners that has no business in politics, he should go back to the mosque and pray EFCC don't get hold of him.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by GNature(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2006
@topic

I laughed when I read IBB say he cancelled but didn't annull. Blame it on Semantics !
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by imageman(m): 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2006
May be some Ibb supporters on this forum will be able to explain to us what their hero was trying to say!! LOL.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by globalaid(m): 8:02am On Sep 24, 2006
How time flies, this man past is fast catching up on him, the more he tries to justify the annullment by June 12 the more he is getting confused, no matter what people will hold you with your deed and it will definitely follow you to your grave, shameless man
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by xkape(m): 3:42pm On Sep 24, 2006
Annuled implyies nullification, null and void, as if the elections never occured and hence the result of no consequence.

Cancelled implies that, even though the election produced results, the results were disregarded or discarded for whatever reason.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by otokx(m): 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2006
Did he really say that?
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by imageman(m): 12:14am On Sep 25, 2006
Xkape, To annulled and to cancelled brings about the same end -The winner was not allowed the trophy.To me, there is no explanations on terminology that will convince me  to annulled and to cancelled doesn't mean the same thing.Mr Webster himself cannot even explain this away.To annulled is to cancelled and to cancelled is to annulled.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by imageman(m): 12:37am On Sep 25, 2006
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by mingiix: 12:59am On Sep 26, 2006
The day IBB becomes mr president of Nigeria is day I will gladly denounce my nationality by publicly tearing to pieces my Nigerian Passport in front of the Nigerian High Cpmmision here in London.
God forbid bad thing.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by kazey(m): 10:41am On Sep 26, 2006
@mingiix
Are you sure you don't want to take that back? So IBB has become someone that would let you change your loyalty. HABA,

He said he cancelled, which means he did give democracy a chance, but was not happy with the results, whilst if it he did annul it, that means he didn't recognize the democratic process, the entire election, and hence the entire electoral process was void, as xkape empasised, which indirectly means he did not give democracy a chance. its as simple as that smiley thats why he stepped aside. Remember? So in earnest, he did cancel the election, not annulled it, as preached, remember Sonekan was civilian smiley

IBB understand OYINBO O, and he is as cunning as he is, and he might win wink
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Chxta(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2006
Like I said somewhere before, the only thing worse than IBB is another military coup. May he never see power in his life. . .
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2006
Pray! Will he ever let us into the details of those "prevailing circumstances" that led to the "cancellation" of our freest and fairest elections?
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by abdulwale(m): 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2006
this man is an evil. the only opportunity he has is because he is an hausa. you know they are like common soldiers who never know the reason to fight each other. this man ought to have been killed and buried more than hundred times. the same person who institutionalised and corruption and put the whole nation in dis array still have audacity to clarify the difference betwreen annulment and cancellation. may god cancel all his families too. may be he has forgotten what happened to one formal president. he loss three kids, and driver in a day. stupid idiot man.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2006
this is the man's way of being relevant, remember that for him to contest and win(in his dreams) he must remain in the media spotlight even if it means resorting to spin. I just think he is up to his maradonic tricks again. Rememer as the people in hollywood will say there's no such thing as bad press.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Odeku(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2006
abdulwale are need to calm down, you can't rejoice on someones misfurtune, SHEHU SHAGARI lost three kids in one accident, it was sad and pathetic. I personally don't know Shehu shagari but his government was by far better than this DUDE called MARAAADONA, I've said it once and i am saying it again, IBB cell is in development, we have his rice and beans waiting for him in a 4 by 4 cell, its a matter of time, and his time is running out, let him keep talking.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by P3(m): 2:27am On Oct 02, 2006
Hey Guys leave IBB alone. You want to make Naija better? Come back home. Mingixx you want to tear up your passport? Good for you - I doubt if Nigeria will ever notice.

Abduwale, IBB did not bribe legislators with N50m, IBB did not loot NPA, IBB did not give PDP N50m every month, IBB did not buy 200m shares. We are corrupt, our elders are corrupt. To say One person introduced corruption in this country is very wrong. IBB left office 13years ago, and you still blame him for the corrupt practices of our Leaders?

Pray he never release the events the lead to the cancellation of June 12th. Most of you will not buy your Obas and Chief for one Kobo - anyway am sure they are all praying he doesnt for their sakes.

If it is Gods wish that IBB becomes President, who are we to challenge?
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Odeku(m): 2:46am On Oct 02, 2006
associatesnever become president ever in Nigeria again, reliable source IBB son has an internet cafe and he employee some of his friends and asociates to run the operations, I think most of those pigs that have been paid with the money IBB stole have infiltrate this forum and are trying to paint a rose picture of IBB. as far as we are concern. IBB rice and cold beans is waiting for him in jail, he will end up in jail, he will not leave to enjoy all the money he stole, and his family will leave in agony for the rest of their life's.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by imageman(m): 1:41am On Oct 03, 2006
P3, since you seem to know why Ibb annulled the election,why don't you brief us on the scoop.God is not a mean God,so He won't let Ibb rule Nigeria again.We don't need him to throw Nigeria in another political turmoil.Why is the tyrant sending people to defend him?
Why can't he come out and tell us the reasons why he annulled the elections?
I tell you what,convince him,appeal to him or even beg him to tell us why he annulled the elections.There is no one person that is greater than the society as a whole-those days are long gone.Ibb will suffer for all the atrocities he committed in a tiny cell wether he likes it or not.Trust me on this,he will never rule Nigeria again!
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by jaso1(m): 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2006
The man is crazy, i thing is suffering from that injection that was given to him during military service. infact the man should be taken to psychiatric hospital for treatment, only that Nigeria are not used to this system if it is in Europe he would have gone to hospital for medical check up and proper treatment. Nigeria can help this man by recognizing this to lambo, this may be off sight or nonchalant of the govt attitude. i think we should help by getting it across to professor Lambo before it late. a whole nation are still in agony of this stupid act of his IBB, and for him to came boldly and say the election that was conducted peacefully by the whole nation was canceled not annulled please Nigeria don't let this man go further in his madness by the time he enter market no doctor can get him clean of this madness,
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by olaak1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2006
Don't mind the man jo he thinks he understand English more than the rest of Nigeria resign and step-aside are from thesame family anulled and canclling are also thesame all i know is that we don't want him Q.E.D§ angry angry angry angry
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Odeku(m): 12:13am On Oct 05, 2006
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by superman(m): 1:27am On Oct 06, 2006
watch IBB in interview aired in london! hah

annulled mean it doesnt exist

cancelled mean it does exist but then cancelled!

his not even there now ! na only god ,
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Odeku(m): 3:08am On Oct 06, 2006
Interesting
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Bolarge(m): 11:59am On Oct 12, 2006
Odeku:

associatesnever become president ever in Nigeria again, reliable source IBB son has an internet cafe and he employee some of his friends and asociates to run the operations, I think most of those pigs that have been paid with the money IBB stole have infiltrate this forum and are trying to paint a rose picture of IBB. as far as we are concern. IBB rice and cold beans is waiting for him in jail, he will end up in jail, he will not leave to enjoy all the money he stole, and his family will leave in agony for the rest of their life's.

Amen!Amen!!Amen!!!
And you're soooo right 'bout the IBB pigs on this forum.
Re: IBB: June 12 Was Cancelled, Not Annulled? by Odeku(m): 3:25am On Oct 13, 2006
Its a matter of time for mr Maradonna. EFCC will come get you

(1) (Reply)

Wicked! How El-rufai Caused Ekwensi To Die Heartbroken / A Peep into the ''Federal Character'' Of MGBN Queens / Imo With The Highest Number Inmates On Death Row—amnesty International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.