Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord (3173 Views)

How To Spot And Identify A Fake Infinix Hot Note X551 / Amazing The Longest USB Charger Cord / How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Depot(m): 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is considered a very simple and flexible way of connection between personal computer and other electronic devices. However,USB can malfunction if you are not using the quality type. There will always be partial contact when using fake USB, thereby delaying your job which is very annoying.

Today, i want to share with you, a very simple way of identifying a fake USB. Its as simple as ABC. Get your USB, check the two holes that reveals the bus/contact. If the conductor there is Golden colour, it means its copper which is original. Copper has high conductivity than aluminium, copper also has relatively high tensile strength (the greatest stress a substance can bear without tearing apart).

Now to identify a fake USB, check the two holes again, if its silver colour, it means its aluminium, which is fake. Although aluminum has only about 60 percent of the conductivity of copper, but the tensile strength is very low( which tears apart when subjected to stress) Which makes your USB to to fluctuate. If you are using this type of USB, you will be experiencing partial contact. Most universal modems in Nigeria market today are made with this aluminium contact, because aluminium is cheaper than copper, and the manufacturers/ importers make more money from such.

The pic below clearly shows the two holes that reveals the bus/contact. The bus used for the USB is made with copper, that is why its golden in colour.

Now let the check begins.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Smilelo(m): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
Thanks very much I learn something today
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by AwesomeRomeo: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
OP tanx for the infor cool
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by israel770(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
Op God bless u I learnt something new today.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Maxcollins042(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
A front page material,what are the MODs doing?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Emmanuel602(m): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Checked mine.

ORIGINAL
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by zenith4biz(m): 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
Fake plenty
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by IceSplash(f): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
mine is fake sad
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by bosco9: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
Don't really understand tho
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
One of the reasons why I love NL, you learn so many things that are invaluable. Anyway, I just checked all my usb cords, three of them were made with Copper conductor while my USB otg hub has the Aluminium conductor and yes the Usb hub fluctuates a lot just like the Op indicated.
Thanks Op

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by zeekz(m): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Useful topics like this should be on front page and not ini edo's make up.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by sleeknick: 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Kai!! So chibuzor sell fake for me. E don set oh
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by june007(f): 8:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
My is fake....no wonder I sometime experience partial contact
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by khassy(m): 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
jus checked my follow come infinix hot note pro and its silver color

anyways it's damn fast on charging and ioon care bout anything else
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Segadem(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Emmanuel602:
Checked mine.

ORIGINAL
picture or...
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Segadem(m): 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
zeekz:
Useful topics like this should be on front page and not ini edo's make up.
if it's about Toto Dikey before op gives the title of his article ,e don reach front page.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by dober(m): 9:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
I am a victim of fake USB cords. Lol. My whole apartment is littered with nonfunctional USBs. I buy one every week. Funny but true. The last one I bought on last Saturday is already misbehaving.
So folks, where can I buy an original one.?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
dober:

So folks, where can I buy an original one.?
Just send me money and I will deliver wholesale original Universal Serial Bus Cords at your footsteps.

Kindly make payment of N500,000 into my Bank PHB account.

Account Name : Kpekere Friedplantain

Account No: 56558459845

Regards.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by elguaje(m): 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
#team made in ABA embarassed#
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by dimexilux(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
thumb up op
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by dober(m): 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Just send me money and I will deliver wholesale original Universal Serial Bus Cords at your footsteps.

Kindly make payment of N500,000 into my Bank Plc account.

Account Name : Kpekere Friedplantain

Account No: 56558459845

Regards.
Hehe. You be correct person, and your account number over correct.
@ Op, thanks for the invaluable info. I went digging for my nonfunctional USB cords and behold, they were all aluminum.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by MisterLongman(m): 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
I just discovered why my two USB cords acts like stillborns (abikus)
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by keandre: 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ok
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Lagusta(m): 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
I have two USB cords; one from lenovo and another from infinix.....

The lenovo cord has copper terminals......

The infinix cord has aluminum terminals......

And I'm not surprised....
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Bode2: 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
God bless the op for this invaluable piece of info.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Ugojames(m): 12:47am On Jul 08, 2015
op may you walk and never stumble grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Mrphilia: 12:53am On Jul 08, 2015
Nice info...frontpage worthy thread
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by bright007(f): 1:02am On Jul 08, 2015
Nice info cool cool cool cool cool
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by igbsam(m): 1:07am On Jul 08, 2015
I just learnt something else today. Thanks op for this eye opener. Almost all d ones I have at home are fake sha.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by powerfulsettingz: 6:48am On Jul 08, 2015
@Op but mine is made with silver and is dam fast.... Where I won see gold USB buy for oshodi
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Tbillz(m): 6:54am On Jul 08, 2015
coppers being serving my phone all diz while...#sayNoToAllu
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Mcowubaba: 8:08am On Jul 08, 2015
Kul... So my own is Original cheesy...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Famous Devices With Monster Battery Capacity Go Head To Head / Gionee S-plus Now Available In Nigeria, And 3 Reasons Why Its A Must Buy....... / The Fastest Way To Download Any Youtube With Uc Browser Through Yaaya.mobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.