Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

What Kills Laptop Batteries? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Kills Laptop Batteries? (1533 Views)

Reasons Why Solar Or Inverter Batteries Fail / 5 Questions About 1.2KVA Mercury Inverter And Batteries! / Wholesale And Retail Of Laptop Batteries And Other Accessories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kills Laptop Batteries? by kay29000(m): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Good day house. I bought fairly used mini laptop in March, and bought a brand new battery with it. Till last week, the Acer mini laptop battery used to last at least 2hours on heavy use, and about 4 hours on light use. But since Sunday, the battery only last 15 mins. What could have happened all of a sudden? Was it something I did? I just want to know so I don't repeat same thing in the future.
Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by delishpot: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
Following......for future reference
Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by troubleshooter: 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
U need to look in d mirror for ur answer. YOU killed d battery by abusing d battery.
How?
When u get another battery, remove the charger immediately its fully charged. Stop leaving the charger connected to power overnight or when u r going out. Over-charging a full battery reduces d lifespan of batteries of appliances not just ur laptop., even ur blackberries & Fones

1 Like

Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by prestige2013: 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
Troubleshooter just shot your trouble for you......Save energy save your appliances, Unplug/ switch off when not in use or battery fully charged.

Troublemaker meet me @ mama Nkem Point n Kill by 1759hr

1 Like

Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by kay29000(m): 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
troubleshooter:
U need to look in d mirror for ur answer. YOU killed d battery by abusing d battery.
How?
When u get another battery, remove the charger immediately its fully charged. Stop leaving the charger connected to power overnight or when u r going out. Over-charging a full battery reduces d lifespan of batteries of appliances not just ur laptop., even ur blackberries & Fones

Okay. Thanks. I think that should be where the problem came from...I do that a lot. I even thought maybe cos I do dry charging of my phone with the laptop.
Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by GuiltySpark343(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
troubleshooter:
How?

precisely...a laptop battery loses 1/300th of it life everytime it is charged,you shortened the lifespan drumatically by charging it continous,anyway how much is the battery sef that you cant use it as you like really?

2 Likes

Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by kay29000(m): 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
GuiltySpark343:

precisely...a laptop battery loses 1/300th of it life everytime it is charged,you shortened the lifespan drumatically by charging it continous,anyway how much is the battery sef that you cant use it as you like really?

Ok. Thanks for this info. I think the battery is N5,000...not sure tho.
Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by GuiltySpark343(m): 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
kay29000:

Ok. Thanks for this info. I think the battery is N5,000...not sure tho.

reward be by click the like button,also getting a battery with higher number of cell than that which the laptop came with can help

1 Like

Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by kay29000(m): 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
GuiltySpark343:

reward be by click the like button,also getting a battery with higher number of cell than that which the laptop came with can help

Okay. Thanks.
Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by bosco9: 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
troubleshooter:
How?
I disagree with this most batteries this days are lithium ion which once fully charged it can never store power or current any more cool
Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by Lexusgs430: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
bosco9:

I disagree with this most batteries this days are lithium ion which once fully charged it can never store power or current any more cool

Agreed. Once my laptop is fully charged, it cuts out. However battery management is key, best to let your battery run down to 0% and recharge to 100%, @least once a week.
No point constantly topping up from about 50% all the time, that kills the polarity of the redundant 50% viz a viz!!!!
Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by eddyland: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2015
troubleshooter:
How?
there is no longer something like overcharging in modern day technology unless you are still using achaic devices. Both laptops and phones are built these days in such a manner that when they are fully charged they stop charging and automatically switch from charging to the use of direct current if still plugged. So take note of that and don't blame overcharging to that
Re: What Kills Laptop Batteries? by eddyland: 8:33am On Jul 15, 2015
Here are good tips on how to maintain and sustain laptops battery life
http://highteknology..com/2013/11/how-to-use-your-laptop-battery-to.html

(1) (Reply)

H / I Need A Laptop / Hp Envy 15 UHD Touchscreen Display 16gb Ram Core I7 #260000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.